IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies,

Just started my first cycle stim jab last Sat. With NUH. Hope to get some encouragement from this thread.

Things at home hasn't been going well...stressed up, dunno whether this cycle will fail. Sigh...

Just ignore and take deep breaths to relax. Nothing's more important now.

Hang in there.

Thanks ladies :) u all have been so encouraging.

I'm trying to keep myself positive but after 2 miscarriages and 1 failed IUI i just pretty much fall into depression easily. A lot of what-if's...I hope i can persevere on like u ladies.

Thanks for sharing ladies. I also read up after muff shared with me. And realize a lot of risks involve. All I want is a healthy baby. If anything more will be a bonus!

I'm trying to keep myself positive but after 2 miscarriages and 1 failed IUI i just pretty much fall into depression easily. A lot of what-if's...I hope i can persevere on like u ladies.
I also forever having what if.why me.all test normal den why.whats next.what the best way...So many W but no answers...So gotta just keep Asking those qns and move forward with high hopes...

Hi ladies,

Just started my first cycle stim jab last Sat. With NUH. Hope to get some encouragement from this thread.

Things at home hasn't been going well...stressed up, dunno whether this cycle will fail. Sigh...
I just started my first cycle IVF/ICSI.. started my first jab last Friday... just went for my 2nd scan today..

All I can say is, have faith and let nature takes its course.. because no matter how worried, there is nothing much we can change.. so why not just relax and try to stay happy...

Don't worry too much, you are not alone.

Totally can understand... I too had a miscarriage last feb... then after that we also found out that DH have low sperm count and motility.. so it was quite a blow... but I am just gonna persevere no matter what..

Stay strong!

Thanks Chai Ling. R u with NUH too?

DH hasn't been much support either. Emotionally DH cannot make it one.

I'll try to persevere.

Thanks Chai Ling. R u with NUH too?

DH hasn't been much support either. Emotionally DH cannot make it one.

I'll try to persevere.
I am with TMC..

You know.. sometimes husband.. how they deal with emotions and stress.. are very different from us..

My husband is useless one. Short to say only need him for his sperms. Else...

He gives a lot of stress just by being himself. Nvm i shall try to b zen in the meantime.

Totally can understand... I too had a miscarriage last feb... then after that we also found out that DH have low sperm count and motility.. so it was quite a blow... but I am just gonna persevere no matter what..

Stay strong!
Ask Dh to eat health & excerise. Load him with vit C + since like kiwi, strawberry & cherries. Also oyster. Most important they need to drink enough plain water.

My husband is useless one. Short to say only need him for his sperms. Else...

He gives a lot of stress just by being himself. Nvm i shall try to b zen in the meantime.

Oh trust me men have their own way of handling this whole Ivf thingy. Maybe perhaps your hub acts like don't care but deep deep inside he really do care but doesn't want to show. Yup just keep yourself more zen, it's you who have to not be stress. Jiayou!! :)

Talking about dh.. My hubby always say leave it to fate.. Guess our hubbies don't want to stress us?

Men tend to act cool about it lor. My hub also told me last time to just leave it to fate. But then when I am pregnant he became the emo one lol! Which is a different side of him I never seen before. But he always reminds me to be prepared with whatever the results are if things doesn't turn out the way I want them to be. Hence I think because of that I became emotionally stronger also.

Yesterday I had my 2nd scan on CD6... doc says my follicles growing is abit slower... ard 8.5mm.. usually how many mm is considered good?

Hi sisters! I just completed my hsg test at kkh. I have to do it twice. First pump of dye too painful. Had to stop. Doc said he can only see the tube appearance but cannot see if it went thru. So I asked if the test is not conclusive, he said yes. Then I told him to try again. So we did it again and this time it was less painful. We saw the dye flowed through and tube looks normal.

That's the worse thing now. 1 tube left normal and no blockage but still cannot get pregnant naturally or after 4 cycles Ivf. Crap. Haahha I guess THH is not going to remove my tube liao. Grrr. Next cycle still have chance of ectopic.

Hi muff! I'm not sure why having 1 normal tube is a bad thing? But I'm guessing you have a history of ectopic pregnancies? I hope everything turns out well for u!

Hi sisters! I just completed my hsg test at kkh. I have to do it twice. First pump of dye too painful. Had to stop. Doc said he can only see the tube appearance but cannot see if it went thru. So I asked if the test is not conclusive, he said yes. Then I told him to try again. So we did it again and this time it was less painful. We saw the dye flowed through and tube looks normal.

That's the worse thing now. 1 tube left normal and no blockage but still cannot get pregnant naturally or after 4 cycles Ivf. Crap. Haahha I guess THH is not going to remove my tube liao. Grrr. Next cycle still have chance of ectopic.

Thats the problem...sometimes all normal yet canot natural still..thats y i always have this why what lingering in my head...just that abit thankful that got such treatment to help us out further....cheer up.Heeeee....

Im in similar situation too. Removed one tube after my ectopic and left only one tube which is unblocked from my hsg test. Its not bad news, at least u can still have a chance to try naturally between ivf cycles. Altho we will think that if ivf doesnt even work, how can natural work, its still a chance bah. My tcm told me she had many stories of her patients succeeding naturally after many rounds of failed ivf. The risk of repeat ectopic is 10% only, so the odds of a successful pregnancy is still pretty good at 90%! Jia you!

Hi muff! I'm not sure why having 1 normal tube is a bad thing? But I'm guessing you have a history of ectopic pregnancies? I hope everything turns out well for u!
Yaaaaa. Even in ivf always have to worry. Last cycle really bfp but don't know where it went to. Pregnancy unknown location. Have to kill it. So ya Lor. Good and bad news for me I guess.

Im in similar situation too. Removed one tube after my ectopic and left only one tube which is unblocked from my hsg test. Its not bad news, at least u can still have a chance to try naturally between ivf cycles. Altho we will think that if ivf doesnt even work, how can natural work, its still a chance bah. My tcm told me she had many stories of her patients succeeding naturally after many rounds of failed ivf. The risk of repeat ectopic is 10% only, so the odds of a successful pregnancy is still pretty good at 90%! Jia you!
Ya I've also heard of stories like these. Wish I'm one of them. Actually I've tried so hard in between cycles for years. So sian. I'm gonna bfp next cycle !!!!! Hahah

Thats the problem...sometimes all normal yet canot natural still..thats y i always have this why what lingering in my head...just that abit thankful that got such treatment to help us out further....cheer up.Heeeee....
Ya so strange right? Normal everything but unknown for something. Lol

thanks towkayneo..
Should be at least more than 10-12mm now.

Yah loh.. that is what my doc says too.. next scan on this coming Saturday.. he was thinking if want to increase dosage.. but in the end decided not to.

Shall see how on Saturday.. bah

Ya I've also heard of stories like these. Wish I'm one of them. Actually I've tried so hard in between cycles for years. So sian. I'm gonna bfp next cycle !!!!! Hahah
I love your enthusiasm! Here I am, first IVF cycle at 4dp5dt and I'm convinced it fail as I don't 'feel' anything. sigh. I wiah you nothing but the best for your next cycle!

Progestrone support can take during 2ww n continue till first tri. Miscarriage mostly happened cos of chromosome abnormalities n not because of low Progestrone. If u are worried u can go for progrestrone blood test to determine if u have low Progestrone. Usually a support jab can help.

Thanks. Will check out the progesterone levele with the doc the next time i see him.

Ladies I got a BFN. So sad la. Confirmed by blood test. At 10dp3dt. Pouts.

Anyways where do i get coq10? Recommendations please. GNC?

Yaaaaa. Even in ivf always have to worry. Last cycle really bfp but don't know where it went to. Pregnancy unknown location. Have to kill it. So ya Lor. Good and bad news for me I guess.

Babe I ever kena ectopic pregnancy and cannot detect it too. Only detected it after a few days of staying in the hospital, the sac is hanging at the end of my left tube :( but that was way before I started Ivf. I got pregnant while on Clomid for that one. Only had the Methrotraxete jab, no need to remove tubes but present gynae said it's questionable cos there might still be scarring on the left tube caused by the ectopic.

Hi babe, usually it is rare to have consecutive m/c at more advance stage of pregnancy. Not sure if you had previously been advised or tested fetal tissues for the cause of the m/c. If it is not due to chromosomal abnormalities of the fetus, you may want to consider consulting Dr Choolani clinic or Dr Sheila Vasoo who are reowned in SG for reproductive immunology specialty. I know dr Loh would also refer his patients who encountered repeated m/cs despite excellent embryos transferred to consult Dr Choolani clinic to get specific testing for possible immunologic issues causing elevated NK cells to attack the embryos or fetus.

Dear Dawn, thanks for the info. The doctor then didnt think it was a fetal issue cos everything else was fine. But still. Anyways the miscarriages were reminders that theres problems. Im beaten but still hopeful.

Dear Dawn, thanks for the info. The doctor then didnt think it was a fetal issue cos everything else was fine. But still. Anyways the miscarriages were reminders that theres problems. Im beaten but still hopeful.
I'm so sorry to hear abt it Cheetarr. But rest well and try again soon! Good that you're being positive and moving forward :)

Marshmallow, hmm I assume long cycle requires injection suppression a first for a month? No I've had no long protocols. All short. Longest was 1 month on birth control pills then 2nd month start jabs.

@muff yap, as per the KKIVF flowchart, Long protocol requires lucrin injections for 2 to 4 weeks b4 the start of other injections. Btw, any idea why the doctor put u on 1 mth birth ctrl pills b4 yr jabs?

So sorry to hear that. :( But also don't be dishearten ya, let's all try again! Jiayou!

I'm so sorry to hear abt it Cheetarr. But rest well and try again soon! Good that you're being positive and moving forward :)

Thanks ladies. My heart is so heavy. Wanna stay in bed and mop. Tears also didnt make it better.

But then theres not much else that I can do but try again. Hoping for the best!

Hello all, I'm new to this forum :)

My hubby & I have been trying for 3 years plus. We did 2 iui last year but failed. We are planning to go for ivf in August. Would like to check if anyone has any good doctor to recommend? Is there anything that I should take note before the ivf process?

Thanks

Ladies I got a BFN. So sad la. Confirmed by blood test. At 10dp3dt. Pouts.

Anyways where do i get coq10? Recommendations please. GNC?
Cheer up! Dun be disheartened.Majority of us went thru that process of failure eventualy some succeed thereafter...part and parcel of our journey here...Take care...Rest well..Gear up ur body for next cycle...

My hubby & I have been trying for 3 years plus. We did 2 iui last year but failed. We are planning to go for ivf in August. Would like to check if anyone has any good doctor to recommend? Is there anything that I should take note before the ivf process?

Thanks
If you want in August, better quickly go queue already. Nothing much except you can take some supplements.

Thanks
Hi Tuxedo Sam, you can also prepare yourself mentally. If you're working, it may be a bit challenging coming down gor frequent appointments so you might want to see how you can work that out. Do get an appt asap as you need to register, do some tests and go for the pre-IVf briefings and all before you can start. All the best! :)

Back