In a dilemma!!! Divorce, Flat,Custody & Maintenance - Need advice

I feel that i am all alone cause no one support me on the divorce. Keep asking me to think of the kids. I really hate to see him playing happily with the kids after having affair as if nothing happen. Is just so unfair....is there any helpline that i can call for support in divorce?

I feel that i am all alone cause no one support me on the divorce. Keep asking me to think of the kids. I really hate to see him playing happily with the kids after having affair as if nothing happen. Is just so unfair....is there any helpline that i can call for support in divorce?
i guess you can call AWARE?

personally i feel you only live once. true that you should think of your kid. but is there no way that you can be happy living with your life and your kid happy living with their lives? i dun think your kid will blame you when they grow up and found out their dad is cheating on you, that's why both of you divorce.

Same in my case - mine left his gf & badly wants me back now. Seems like he values my worth now. but what's the point. Nothing can be undone. 9 mths of separation leaving me to defend fr my son just made me stronger to move forward. Im not regretting taking the first step to ask fr divorce. Many having been coaxing me to join baq with him. But I cant seem to accept neither see a future w him. Even now , hes staying temporarily at our flat. He keep changing his mind & said now just return the flat back to hdb & can pay me only $300 maintenence fr our son. Just pissing me off. Im paying the fr the house , reno loan son expenses all by myself. To think abt it, hes a waste of my time.

Follow yr heart, do not listen to others. It is yr happiness that matters most. I agree with pixie on her above posting.

I need some advice. That useless now cancelled the mediation & is dragging fr 3 weeks. By doing such he thinks he can salvage the marriage. he hasnt paid anything to his lawyer. Wht can I do? Soo mad & confused on the next step.

The lastest update is we will be having a mediation on the 21 aug again. My ex breached the DEO & went to damage everything in the house. Just made a report & not sure whats gonna happen. Hes now saying return the flat back to HDB. Can I know if I can approach hdb to enquire on the costs involved if I choose to return or retain the flat? The useless bum gives me nothing but more shit.

Hi jokergerl, know that this is difficult for you right now. Persevere for what you believe is right. By the way, like your direct writing style.

Hi has any1 went thru any difficulties if coming to a agreement regards to the maintenance & division of flat however the other party is in jail? Its getting too draggy & Im soo worried of the costs.

My thoughts.
1.I believe a debt for a court ordered sum is not enforceable after six years.
2. Are they trying to get a costs order to then enforce 9years out of time because unless a specific sum was ordered or agreed at the time the costs have to be assessed by the court and be the subject of a court order before the debt can become enforceable.
3. I think a court would have no sympathy at all with a firm of solicitors who now tried to take those steps in order to enforce a court order 9 years old and would most likely throw it out.
My friend who is a Bail Bond as well as divorce lawyer inform me all these pleas.

Joker girl, be strong.

My still on going with maint hearing, show payment hearings. I have 3 kids to feed. Been 2 years,
ancillary hearings coming soon. ✌

Hi all,

Sorry for the late update. Ive already gotten my divorce and extracted it last year itself. Just pending my house TRO only. I dowan to lose the flat therefore seeking other alternative. Hope someone can shed some light.

Since my ex is in bars, no maintenance yet. Prolly i would do fine without it too though its mandated. Cannot be wasting my time fighting since im managing all at my own expense. The loans Im servicing just takes a toll on me. Haiz. May god give you all the strength to hold on mimicoco77. God bless

Hi,my Husband and I have been tgt for 12 yrs.we have two kids and coz of a foolish mistake I have done unintentionally which I accidentally got pregnant during a ons with a Friend of mine and as I gave birth to the child as I do not bear to kill an innocent life.my Husband knows abt this and has his name registered in the baby's birth Cert and during my 2nd week of confinement,he filed for divorce and Mia ever since.my elders two kids are with me and he nv pay a cent for them since two months ago till now.he now wants to fight the custody of my two elders kids and I recently found out that he is secretly having affair with my bro's Wife via intimate addressing as daring to her in a email.i was devastated and was remorseful for what I have done and nv imagine that my Husband involved himself to have affair with my bro's Wife.i have no one to talk to and I am feeling very helpless here.can anyone advise me?from married till now,my hus has nv forked out a single cent to me for household expenses and I even provide for him despite my earnings is lesser than him.hope I can get advise and encouragement here?

Hi all,

Sorry for the late update. Ive already gotten my divorce and extracted it last year itself. Just pending my house TRO only. I dowan to lose the flat therefore seeking other alternative. Hope someone can shed some light.

Sorry can I know what us TRO?

Xuab2112

You opt for Uncontested ? its very difficult to reopen a divorce case...thats y i have telling everyone, if you opt Uncontested, pls dont complaint . To reopen, you hv to file summon stating justifable reason for the court to reopen n hear your grievances...n subject to court approval.

If you had prevpusly engaged a lawyer on your divorce..then your lawyer screw you up badly.

Think over... if DIY is cheap but waiting period but if u wanda engage lawyer...then all the best juat standby $$$

Last edited:
Twinklelee...sorry to hear your case....as i advise Xuan2112, pls do not...do not agree Uncontested unless you hv alot of $$$$

You seriously , sorry to say must be determine if you want to stay in this marriage or divorce.

You cant mend a broken mirror, the crack line will always be there.

So question is now up to you, work it out with him (it seems your hubby is taking a revengeful stance) ..or bite the bullet n divorce...oh, divorce isnt that simple too. Both optioms are franky are not simple..n theres not "simple n easy " way out...the price is high...think.over carefully.

Back