Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

But I heard from my fren that kkh likes to let the bb room in with the mummy. Is that true ?

Its true. KKH is very very pro-breastfeeding and the nurses will keep bringing the bb to your room for feeding. Some of them will give u a "dirty" look if you tell them you are not rooming in. But dun worry, most of the nurses are great and friendly. You can tell them you wish to rest and will "pick" the bb from the nursery directly
But do be prepared that they will wake you up in the middle of the night to breastfeed the baby. If you dun want to breastfeed in the middle of the night, you must tell them every evening wor.

hello. can share wat planning u all?
confinement nanny? maid, parents?
my colleague just placed at infant care, 4 months onwards-from 7am - 7pm Mon-Fri only. At $600+- after subsidsy

I engaged a confinement nanny for 56 days. After which, i sent my bb to the infantcare. Mon to Fri from 7 to 7 and Sat 7 to 2 though i do not send my children there on Sat. I prefer to take care on my own then get a helper or enlist parent's help. More privacy in that sense and we can really discipline the children without any interference.

Thanks Bunny and Hi mei

The pain is a dull ache n not sharp cramps. I found that the pain usually comes after a meal, so maybe its really bloatedness...

I thought it is common in first trimester. Will definitely tell gynea when I see him again
Dull cramps i think are ok...
Sharp cramps not really. I had sharp cramps last time then discovered that it was MC...
If u are worried can speak to doctor.

I engaged a confinement nanny for 56 days. After which, i sent my bb to the infantcare. Mon to Fri from 7 to 7 and Sat 7 to 2 though i do not send my children there on Sat. I prefer to take care on my own then get a helper or enlist parent's help. More privacy in that sense and we can really discipline the children without any interference.
Does it work for u? I am worried, cos gonna send my #1 to ifc soon. Like u, i prefer no helper or too much parent help too.
My worry is that ifc will neglect them. Will cause bb to be less close to us?
Thinking abt it gives me sleepless nights. Wld appreciate if u can share ur experience.

Its true. KKH is very very pro-breastfeeding and the nurses will keep bringing the bb to your room for feeding. Some of them will give u a "dirty" look if you tell them you are not rooming in. But dun worry, most of the nurses are great and friendly. You can tell them you wish to rest and will "pick" the bb from the nursery directly
But do be prepared that they will wake you up in the middle of the night to breastfeed the baby. If you dun want to breastfeed in the middle of the night, you must tell them every evening wor.
Ya! I had sore nipples from excessive pumping initially the first time and refused to breastfeed my kid. The lactation consultant kept coming into my ward to persuade me to latch. I was so annoyed. Lack of sleep plus sore nipples ! Argh!

Ya! I had sore nipples from excessive pumping initially the first time and refused to breastfeed my kid. The lactation consultant kept coming into my ward to persuade me to latch. I was so annoyed. Lack of sleep plus sore nipples ! Argh!
Huh sounds tough for u?
Hmmm guess i was lucky le... They left me alone... I just fed FM all the way haha

I took the rest. Try to latch but no milk. Then baby keep asking. Latch on sleep not sucking. Ended up give FM to supply heehee

hello, feel your pain. Actually you should state your stand very clearly to the overzealous lactation nurse and tell her very firmly that if she show up in your room again with you asking for her, you will lodge a formal complaint against her. Tell her you politely hate to do it but will do it if she continue to disregard your wishes. It is very unprofessional of the nurse to do that. Breastfeed or formula feed is a very private & personal choice of the mummy whom the mummy does not need to answer/explain to anyone her choice. Other KPO or so call well meaning ppl need to respect it & shut up.

Does it work for u? I am worried, cos gonna send my #1 to ifc soon. Like u, i prefer no helper or too much parent help too.
My worry is that ifc will neglect them. Will cause bb to be less close to us?
Thinking abt it gives me sleepless nights. Wld appreciate if u can share ur experience.

Definately! But i can only speak for the centre my children enrolled in. My #1 was sent to ifc when he was 3mo. I must say that the infant educarers at the centre are very good with the children. I tink the teacher-baby ratio is about 1:4? So there will be times when educarers could not attend to the babies' needs immediately and the babies would be crying. Personally i am fine with this becoz i can't attending to my baby's needs immediately as well. The educarers also talk and sing to the babies. I don't have to worry about them neglecting my baby. At the end of the day when i picked up my #1, they would give me updates. Or if i have qns, they will clear my doubts. Further, this centre brings in external vendor to expose the more mobile babies to music at no additional cost. As for baby not being close to us, as long as we spend enough time bonding with them when they are with us, it will not be an issue. My #1 still sticks to me like a leech. Lol. There is why i choose to send my #2 to ifc at 2month.

Another pt for your consideration is that sending children to ifc or cc may mean that they might catch d cough or flu bug every few months. So have to standby meds at home so that we dun need to visit the PD everytime it happens (with go-ahead from PD on dosage etc). My PD consoled me that it is another way of building up the children's immune system. But do take note of the possible spread of hfmd. My #1 kena when he was in ifc. But then again, a child can also catch the virus when he/she plays outside. So to me, its d same.

You have to weigh the pros and cons and decide if you can accept the cons. If ok, must quickly go queue coz demands for ifc are high esp in young estates.

Hope the info helps!

I pm you my email later ok?

Ya ya, my nips are oso damn sore but from latching. Had to feed FM until my nips were better. The lactation consultant came twice during my stay but she din force me to bf on the spot. She just shared with me info on latching (which i already knew from my #1). But i quite like her coz she's soo assuring. Lol

Now i am feeding my baby FM when he goes to school and latch him when we are home. And yes! Sleepless nights coz duno if he will wake up in d middle of the night for feed and had to keep waking up to check. Hai...

Definately! But i can only speak for the centre my children enrolled in. My #1 was sent to ifc when he was 3mo. I must say that the infant educarers at the centre are very good with the children. I tink the teacher-baby ratio is about 1:4? So there will be times when educarers could not attend to the babies' needs immediately and the babies would be crying. Personally i am fine with this becoz i can't attending to my baby's needs immediately as well. The educarers also talk and sing to the babies. I don't have to worry about them neglecting my baby. At the end of the day when i picked up my #1, they would give me updates. Or if i have qns, they will clear my doubts. Further, this centre brings in external vendor to expose the more mobile babies to music at no additional cost. As for baby not being close to us, as long as we spend enough time bonding with them when they are with us, it will not be an issue. My #1 still sticks to me like a leech. Lol. There is why i choose to send my #2 to ifc at 2month.

Another pt for your consideration is that sending children to ifc or cc may mean that they might catch d cough or flu bug every few months. So have to standby meds at home so that we dun need to visit the PD everytime it happens (with go-ahead from PD on dosage etc). My PD consoled me that it is another way of building up the children's immune system. But do take note of the possible spread of hfmd. My #1 kena when he was in ifc. But then again, a child can also catch the virus when he/she plays outside. So to me, its d same.

You have to weigh the pros and cons and decide if you can accept the cons. If ok, must quickly go queue coz demands for ifc are high esp in young estates.

Hope the info helps!
Thanks! Hope my child's ifc can be as gd as urs. Got place liao.

hello, feel your pain. Actually you should state your stand very clearly to the overzealous lactation nurse and tell her very firmly that if she show up in your room again with you asking for her, you will lodge a formal complaint against her. Tell her you politely hate to do it but will do it if she continue to disregard your wishes. It is very unprofessional of the nurse to do that. Breastfeed or formula feed is a very private & personal choice of the mummy whom the mummy does not need to answer/explain to anyone her choice. Other KPO or so call well meaning ppl need to respect it & shut up.
True lo, actually 1st time mummy everything also not sure/don't know, so never really do anything. Besides, believed it was out of good intentions cos breastfeeding was really better for both mummy and baby. In the end I persevered and though I did top up with FM, direct latching does indeed feel magical.

If can, try to breastfeed. If really really cannot, don't stress yourself psychologically cos I have really been there done that (no milk for 1st few weeks, sore nipples, mastitis (saw the lactation consultant 2 times and fever), kenna "bitten" by LO). Cos I know some mummies got all stressed up cos of breastfeeding - what's the point?

True lo, actually 1st time mummy everything also not sure/don't know, so never really do anything. Besides, believed it was out of good intentions cos breastfeeding was really better for both mummy and baby. In the end I persevered and though I did top up with FM, direct latching does indeed feel magical.

If can, try to breastfeed. If really really cannot, don't stress yourself psychologically cos I have really been there done that (no milk for 1st few weeks, sore nipples, mastitis (saw the lactation consultant 2 times and fever), kenna "bitten" by LO). Cos I know some mummies got all stressed up cos of breastfeeding - what's the point?

Hello, Good intention is irrelevant, what is of paramount importance is mummy personal preference. This of cos is my personal opinion ya. I had pushy folks

hello MTBs, I just got my positive BT result last week. I'm wondering how soon should I start buying baby stuff? I'm still waiting for my first scan to see the heartbeat... can't help but be a little worried that something might go wrong with my pregnancy.

Can share when you girls start doing your shopping?

hello MTBs, I just got my positive BT result last week. I'm wondering how soon should I start buying baby stuff? I'm still waiting for my first scan to see the heartbeat... can't help but be a little worried that something might go wrong with my pregnancy.

Hi Rainbow, it is very early for u to start shopping as you dun even know the gender yet. Suggest u can start shopping after knowing ur baby gender. For me I will only start shopping ard 7mths. :)

yup, we (my wife) now at 18+. 30 march for detailed scan. likely we only end july then proceed. Edd 21 Aug. likely early 1st or 2nd week Aug. Everyday keep count down. seems so longggggggg de

You can start looking online and checking out stuff but real buying I think more practical to start after at least knowing gender of bb or after first trimester when everything stable.
I did Harmony test so I actually found out gender of bb by wk 11+ but I'm going to start actively buying when 5-6months preggy. Meanwhile I just prepare a list of essential and nice to have items and do some research on what brands etc.

create a list of things U need to buy and research on the brand or model U want. You can start buying at second trimester. I don't suggest buying too late because by third tri you may not have the energy to shop long hours and dr also don't want you to stand or walk too long. I was grounded late second tri so luckily I have bought most my stuff.

I know it can be very exciting to buy baby stuff...maybe you can start with neutral colours like green or yellow or white clothes / rompers.

dawn, i trying to do most of stuffs if possible, in order to let her rest more and dun worry. hearsay need to have other ppl clothes (a few), so that own child easy to take care.
I managed to get from 1 person. as well as pram, car seat. hope all in order. all these thing can get with $. most importantly, bb strong and healthy. I always talk to bb at night and before wife go work, whenever possible. now bb can hear le right?????? :)

@Phantom, you are very active and supportive dad to be :) Yes, heard get pass down clothes for blessing. I got passed down cot, stroller and car seat plus a few pass down clothes but not exactly home wear, more outing wear, hope it is ok. My overzealous MIL and bb's Godpa have already bought a stack of bb clothes from NB to 12 months. I need to sort them out see what else I can shop for. Going to get the remaining feeding, bath and other stuff at the April bb fair.
Bb's ears are formed and continuing to develop. Can talk and sing to bb :) I play nursery rhyme songs too. I'm with Dr Loh SF at TMC.

It's still early but you can make a list of what you need and checking out the different brands first. Usually after detailed scan, you can start buying stuff. Look out for baby fairs. There will be lots of time.

When is your first scan?

I just got my blood test today and going for scan next Friday..

It's still early but you can make a list of what you need and checking out the different brands first. Usually after detailed scan, you can start buying stuff. Look out for baby fairs. There will be lots of time.

When is your first scan?

I just got my blood test today and going for scan next Friday..
I am going for my scan next friday too! 1 April!
Thanks everyone for your replies! anyone has a list of "to buy" baby items? :D
I was freaking out this morning because I had brown discharge. But now no more already.

dawn. we same same dr lei. appt at 12pm for scan. then see dr loh in pm. on 30 Mar. u also same ar??
April fair at expo. maybe i just go recee see see look look too. earlier this month we went to suntec recee also. where to get rhyme? sic pls. :)

dawn. we same same dr lei. appt at 12pm for scan. then see dr loh in pm. on 30 Mar. u also same ar??
April fair at expo. maybe i just go recee see see look look too. earlier this month we went to suntec recee also. where to get rhyme? sic pls. :)
Detail scan at 1130am and then see doc in afternoon on 30 Mar. Same same!
I got the Usbourne Sing-along Nursery Rhymes from mph@Parkway Parade. I prefer bb & children's book collection at mph than Popular.I was browsing and bought this one book on impulse. Actually no need to buy, because can also Google online and YouTube has many videos with songs too.

create a list of things U need to buy and research on the brand or model U want. You can start buying at second trimester. I don't suggest buying too late because by third tri you may not have the energy to shop long hours and dr also don't want you to stand or walk too long. I was grounded late second tri so luckily I have bought most my stuff.
Bunny, can share why were u grounded late 2nd tri? I only intend to get most of the remaining bb stuff at 5-6 month. Then the mum's nursing essentials early third tri. Is this too late?

swee... o&g clinic there jin boring one. super crowded. seat also not comfortable as TFC Level 7 (got kopi machine). Facility charge at $15.00+. ha.
alright, will go online then. upcoming appt, we want to go find out more about membership/packages and stuff. they offer you check-up packages already? heard is 20wks above then start.
i wan go study courses also. dun noe when is approriate lei. very clueless-standard right???

Detail scan at 1130am and then see doc in afternoon on 30 Mar. Same same!
I got the Usbourne Sing-along Nursery Rhymes from mph@Parkway Parade. I prefer bb & children's book collection at mph than Popular.I was browsing and bought this one book on impulse. Actually no need to buy, because can also Google online and YouTube has many videos with songs too.

prince boy boy. as long as healthy safe jiu ok liao. prayinh hard. at times i also depressed and worry. but i act in front (dun wan her worry)
Phantom, why you depressed? Worry yes lah, coz first time and bb so precious so will worry and hope all goes well. You make me keen to probe how my hubby really feeling. Hehe. Btw we having princess so diff gender but same edd wor. :)

@Phantom. If you really interested to attend prenatal or antenatal courses, TMC has one which couples can attend starting from week 20. Can check this out
http://www.thomsonmedical.com/childbirth-education-course-2/

I think TFC got facility charge but O&G doesn't have. Also consultation and scans at O&G much cheaper than TFC. No Kopi at least hv water, free wifi and tv. Ok lah. I hv been to other obgyn where no free wifi or tv de.

Btw go sign up for Thomson Firstborn Incentive membership at $60. Can sign up online. Will have discounts for the detail scan and maternity wards de.

Bunny, can share why were u grounded late 2nd tri? I only intend to get most of the remaining bb stuff at 5-6 month. Then the mum's nursing essentials early third tri. Is this too late?

I have high BP n high glucose plus twin pregnancy so dr want me to rest at home Incase of preterm labor. For most people it's ok to buy late trimester but I feel don't leave everything till the end cos U bound to have items that U miss out or can't decide and want to get it later.

I have high BP n high glucose plus twin pregnancy so dr want me to rest at home Incase of preterm labor. For most people it's ok to buy late trimester but I feel don't leave everything till the end cos U bound to have items that U miss out or can't decide and want to get it later.
I can still go out but he said don't go to fair cos too crowded and if go out don't be out too long. Two hrs enough haha.

As in I see ppl. One person earn. Spouse stay home look after etc. My income really cannot afford to. This one of factor. Alright positive. Tough journey brought us here . Not ez de. Positive. Cheers!

As in I see ppl. One person earn. Spouse stay home look after etc. My income really cannot afford to. This one of factor. Alright positive. Tough journey brought us here . Not ez de. Positive. Cheers!

Stay home is not as good as it seems. At least not for me. I have been staying for one month and it make me realised that I don't want to be housewife haha. Cos everyday I walk in n out of the house wearing pyjamas and messy hair and everyday cook wash eat only. I feel so sloppish and auntie. Haha. So maybe your spouse is happy to work instead of staying home :p

The joy both of you will have with your child is something having more money cannot buy de and will help you tide through any woes together as a family. Stay positive :)

Money cannot buy. Simple term. Meant alot and alot.

Also beside April fair, any upcoming say July? ? Or will only announce nearer to date?? Jb side also have fair. U all into such????

On the side note, Siao jiahui 933 dj is Sept bb de. Married last nov / dec. Very fast. Gxgx

nope. i see Dr Sadhana. i didn't want a guy doctor :p
appt to see doc is 12.10pm but need to go 1 hour earlier to do scan first
wah... you so fast start your shopping research already!
Ic.. Your appt is earlier..

Haha.. Not yet.. Not intending to buy much.. Have lots of hands me down.. Maybe only a car seat..

Hi all, today I went for first scan at 5w3d. Managed to see yolk sac, but still nothing more to see for now. Next appt for scan will be 2 weeks later. Please advise, what are the things that I need to be aware or follow right now. Am I suppose to start taking supplement on top of the folic acid? Since after BFP, I've been drinking anmum chocolate milk every morning. Wanted to buy prenatal Blackmore's today, but I didn't as unsure if I need to seek advise from doctor first or not.

Hi all, today I went for first scan at 5w3d. Managed to see yolk sac, but still nothing more to see for now. Next appt for scan will be 2 weeks later. Please advise, what are the things that I need to be aware or follow right now. Am I suppose to start taking supplement on top of the folic acid? Since after BFP, I've been drinking anmum chocolate milk every morning. Wanted to buy prenatal Blackmore's today, but I didn't as unsure if I need to seek advise from doctor first or not.
5w3d is still early to hear heartbeat. U should be able hear at week 6 to 7. For now just folic acid will do. Dr will prescribe prenatal vits after week 12.

Errrm actually my whole stay i just left bb in the nursery and enjoy... Haha.
BUT... If u wanna bf u must be hardworking to latch bb. My regret is that i was lazy in the first 3 days. Later hard to establish supply.

Hahaha....erm.....I doubt I will be a hardworking mum! Oh wells, shall see how it goes by then.

Back