Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

My post partum bleeding ended in about 3 weeks plus?

I remember the hospital gave me stool softener (liquid form) & Vitamin C for 1-2 weeks (or maybe 3-4 weeks) before I was discharged.

I was wearing disposable undies all the way till I stopped bleeding cos I had to keep changing the pad every 3-4 hours? For sanitary pads, I go by Kotex Night with wings (the longest one).

After-birth care, I think nothing much lo, just remember to BATHE everyday! I cannot imagine not bathing when I am bleeding underneath and breastfeeding at the same time! OMG.
The disposable panties are normal ones or are there any specific types for post partum? Think I saw disposable panties sold at Mothercare or such, are those the ones to get? Kotex night maxi is the one for normal cycles or do we get specific for post partum ones? Sorry so many qns as I'm really clueless and scared about this coz I'm a little ocd about hygiene and the load of bleeding scares me.

No worries laaa....disposable panties, for me, I got the biggest size (XL or XXL or free size). Cos can just throw away the panties together with the soiled napkins.

There are the maternity pads which you can get too, but like what Bunny said, could be very thick and maybe uncomfy. I used the Kotex Night wings. See pix below. Damn kiasu cos afraid to stain the bed ley :p

kotex-kss-ovn-38cm.jpg

Ya, it just comes naturally! Otherwise you start to practice with your teddy bear.
Always always hold the newborn baby by the neck. Or use the crevice of your arm to support his neck at all times. Nobody is allowed to carry him vertically with no support on the head.

Try not to let inexperienced visitors (like kids for examples) to carry the baby. I am very kiasee and kiasu, so I don't really like friends and distant relatives to carry my LO when he was young (and even maybe now also)
Oh ya! another thing! remember not to let anybody kiss your newborn! there was an article which one relative with cold sores kissed the baby and look what happened? I don't like other including my in-laws to touch the baby's face also. You don't know if they washed their hands after going to the toilet.

My hubby buay tahan me cos I am too kiasee and kiasu, but SAFETY trumps anything else right!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/moms-facebook-warning-kissing-baby-leads-to-herpes-infection/

No worries laaa....disposable panties, for me, I got the biggest size (XL or XXL or free size). Cos can just throw away the panties together with the soiled napkins.

There are the maternity pads which you can get too, but like what Bunny said, could be very thick and maybe uncomfy. I used the Kotex Night wings. See pix below. Damn kiasu cos afraid to stain the bed ley :p

kotex-kss-ovn-38cm.jpg
Thanks sia! Very blessed to hv this forum. I asked my mum but both her preggy were c-Sec and she said her bleeding only a week or so. Guessed like what the Channel 8 Chinese Programme last Fri mentioned that for c--Sec expect less bleeding than V birth coz doc would hv cleared some of the lining tissue during C-Sec.

......Sorry so many qns as I'm really clueless and scared about this coz I'm a little ocd about hygiene and the load of bleeding scares me.

Hey Dawn, it will be not pails of blood, just treat it as prolonged menses and everything will be ok. It's really not as bad as you imagine. really.

But if you have constipation issues, think you need to load up your fibre cos I had severe constipation after birth and it's a scary feeling to push cos you worry that the stitches will snap. Some ladies got piles after birth cos it was said that they pushed too hard (during labour and maybe in the toilet)

Thanks sia! Very blessed to hv this forum. I asked my mum but both her preggy were c-Sec and she said her bleeding only a week or so. Guessed like what the Channel 8 Chinese Programme last Fri mentioned that for c--Sec expect less bleeding than V birth coz doc would hv cleared some of the lining tissue during C-Sec.
Must share share mah so that we can learn from one another to do better and to avoid the hard knocks wor :)

Hey Dawn, it will be not pails of blood, just treat it as prolonged menses and everything will be ok. It's really not as bad as you imagine. really.

But if you have constipation issues, think you need to load up your fibre cos I had severe constipation after birth and it's a scary feeling to push cos you worry that the stitches will snap. Some ladies got piles after birth cos it was said that they pushed too hard (during labour and maybe in the toilet)
Gosh, yeah constipation is also another horrifying nightmare, even before birth so can't imagine how I will survive man

I attend Ms Wong boi boi classes about 3 years ago. For folks who hate big class size, then please skip her. Otherwise, is not bad.
Hmmm actually now that I've finished attending her classes, IMHO, the class can improved especially the practical part on taking care of the baby rather than doing the exercises. There's only 1 practical lesson with the dummy baby & it's quite a rush through. Other than that she's fine though she likes to 'sell' herself. Hahaha

Hello, what to do, that aunty resume very thick leh, so even give you a brief summary also can take up a lot of time ya. hee hee.

Personally i got no complain for her class, it was quite enjoyable

Gosh, yeah constipation is also another horrifying nightmare, even before birth so can't imagine how I will survive man
Got stool softener and load up on more veggies...the more you remove the bowels, the less toxins left in the body.
Take one step at a time. really not possible to worry too much.

Oh ya! another thing! remember not to let anybody kiss your newborn! there was an article which one relative with cold sores kissed the baby and look what happened? I don't like other including my in-laws to touch the baby's face also. You don't know if they washed their hands after going to the toilet.

My hubby buay tahan me cos I am too kiasee and kiasu, but SAFETY trumps anything else right!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/moms-facebook-warning-kissing-baby-leads-to-herpes-infection/

Oh yahhhh.. I read that. It's so scary! I don't think I'll let anybody other than direct family kiss my baby.. but how do you refuse them?

kotex-kss-ovn-38cm.jpg

Laurier and Sofy has the 38cm ones also but they are rather thin. Is there so much blood that I'd need a thicker one?

Oh yahhhh.. I read that. It's so scary! I don't think I'll let anybody other than direct family kiss my baby.. but how do you refuse them?
I just tell them straight that the baby has sensitive skin - don't touch the face and kiss him. They all know my pattern so not so bad. If not ok, don't pretend it's ok else they will think it's really ok

Hey Dawn! Have you felt flutters / movements already?
Haiyo sometimes got feeling esp when lie down or sit in certain position but I'm not sure yet. It went away when I shift. No experience to tell. Also not consistent or frequent. I did try gently poking or pressing when lying down on my back and can feel responsive mild thumping or gentle probe. I choose to think that is bb lor to humour myself :)
You must feel something le right coz 2nd time mummy more sensitive de

Haiyo sometimes got feeling esp when lie down or sit in certain position but I'm not sure yet. It went away when I shift. No experience to tell. Also not consistent or frequent. I did try gently poking or pressing when lying down on my back and can feel responsive mild thumping or gentle probe. I choose to think that is bb lor to humour myself :)
You must feel something le right coz 2nd time mummy more sensitive de
Hahaha, so cute on how you put it "I chose to think that it bb lor to humour myself" - Ya la, it's not consistent, like fleeting and random. Sometimes you feel like gas, sometimes you feel like somebody gives you a gentle pinch from inside.

I tried to lie on my left side and use my hand to feel for that thumping (I assume should be the heartbeat) cos sometimes that thumping spot shifts.

Don't know ley, maybe stomach muscles too tight not much feel yet. :p :p :p

dawn ur bump spotted le??
Yes esp between last week (16wk) and this week (17wk), like suddenly grew bigger and much harder over one week. Before that, not that obvious yet. Even my pilates trainer who saw me exactly one week apart commented. When she saw me at first at wk 16 last week, she didn't think I was preggy till she saw my record but she was surprised my bump became much obvious this week.

Hey but I feel this is still the awkward stage. Ppl may think that I may have a beer bump than bb bump so no one give up seats for me yet haiz

Yes esp between last week (16wk) and this week (17wk), like suddenly grew bigger and much harder over one week. Before that, not that obvious yet. Even my pilates trainer who saw me exactly one week apart commented. When she saw me at first at wk 16 last week, she didn't think I was preggy till she saw my record but she was surprised my bump became much obvious this week.

Hey but I feel this is still the awkward stage. Ppl may think that I may have a beer bump than bb bump so no one give up seats for me yet haiz

Me too lorr...by the way, they say if you are carrying a daughter, your bump will be high up & rounder. If you are carrying a boy, your bump will be lower and pointed.

Me too lorr...by the way, they say if you are carrying a daughter, your bump will be high up & rounder. If you are carrying a boy, your bump will be lower and pointed.
Yeah mine is confirm high not low. But mum said still look pointed than round when she saw me yesterday lol

Speaking of bumps, at almost 8mths, my belly is still relatively small. So sometimes when I walk and get breathless, ppl look at me like I'm overexaggerating. There are even ppl who just push me from behind! :-/

Speaking of bumps, at almost 8mths, my belly is still relatively small. So sometimes when I walk and get breathless, ppl look at me like I'm overexaggerating. There are even ppl who just push me from behind! :-/
Must really take care. I just read this article about this young guy who ignored a 8 months pregnant lady and refused to give up the priority seat he was sitting on the mrt train. You see lah...haiz

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...s-pregnant-lady-refuse-give-mrt-priority-seat

1st time moms bearing boys are usually more compact! What the hell, such people are damn sick lo! Pregnant or not, cannot push!

If you ladies happen to be under KKH, after birth, for the days when you are warded, nurses will come in to teach you how to clean up a baby from changing diapers to bathing, with a dummy. Lactation consultants will also come in to teach you how to massage your breasts to encourage milk flow, how to latch etc. I was quite annoyed by them at that point in time, but thinking back, it's good knowledge. You can ask them all the Q you want and they will repeat the procedures.

Ahh! Good to hear that! Hope by then I've got some sanity & energy left to learn from the nurses! Hahaha

I agreed the exercises can skip and more hands on taking care of baby.
Yeah heard similar review from my hubby's colleague who gave birth few months ago. Initially I was interested then hubby not so keen and offered that he rather that I join prenatal pilates since I have phobia about labour process and he strongly believes that pilates or yoga can help prepare the body wor. So I signed up at Breath Pilates which has a branch near my place and started last week. 2 lessons so far and loving it.
Ya, I didn't really like the exercises cos it involved lotsa of stretching the back. Kiasee and clumsy as I am, I think I just leave it per se.

Hahaha ok I thought I'm the only one whom feels that way! Anyway, been there done that. When the real deal comes is on the 'job' learning liao!

Ya, it just comes naturally! Otherwise you start to practice with your teddy bear.
Always always hold the newborn baby by the neck. Or use the crevice of your arm to support his neck at all times. Nobody is allowed to carry him vertically with no support on the head.

Try not to let inexperienced visitors (like kids for examples) to carry the baby. I am very kiasee and kiasu, so I don't really like friends and distant relatives to carry my LO when he was young (and even maybe now also)

Not only that. Now I'm more worried to have non-auto @ buay zi dong people whom are sick but still come & visit me/babies. That's why we also decided to do away with 1st mth celebration coz my fren's bb went A&e right after the celebration as apparently she got another fren who's sick but stayed inside the aircon room with her bb then she also kena lor. Sign ....sometimes these people really.....dunno wat to say

Hi all, i just tested positive on HPT but BT is 9 days from now. Hope can hold on til BT and beyond! Hehe. Nice to meet u all.

This is my #2.

Wishing all smooth pregnancy and delivery :)

Not only that. Now I'm more worried to have non-auto @ buay zi dong people whom are sick but still come & visit me/babies. That's why we also decided to do away with 1st mth celebration coz my fren's bb went A&e right after the celebration as apparently she got another fren who's sick but stayed inside the aircon room with her bb then she also kena lor. Sign ....sometimes these people really.....dunno wat to say
Must be very assertive. I just tell them u sick, is it ok don't touch bb. A few incidents of friends/relatives infecting bb made me fiercer liao. Cos some ppl are not zi dong (i don't think they purposely wanna do it but prob they don't understand how vulnerable bb is).

Must be very assertive. I just tell them u sick, is it ok don't touch bb. A few incidents of friends/relatives infecting bb made me fiercer liao. Cos some ppl are not zi dong (i don't think they purposely wanna do it but prob they don't understand how vulnerable bb is).

Congrats @hi_mei ! U're also under Dr handsome aka Dr tan hh rite ?

Ikr! Frankly if they're sick they shouldn't even come in the 1st place. In fact I've got a gathering at a friends place today and one of them her child is sick but still bringing him along despite knowing a preg woman (me) & our other frens kids will be around! So I decided not to go instead than risk being infected.

Congrats @hi_mei ! U're also under Dr handsome aka Dr tan hh rite ?

Ikr! Frankly if they're sick they shouldn't even come in the 1st place. In fact I've got a gathering at a friends place today and one of them her child is sick but still bringing him along despite knowing a preg woman (me) & our other frens kids will be around! So I decided not to go instead than risk being infected.
Hehe thanks. Ya under Dr Tan. Get cheap thrill from seeing him during consultations lol. R u under him also?

Ur friend told all of u her kid is sick? Actually she is alr not bad. I encountered most relatives and friends dun bother to say... Only when i turn up then find out. CNY was like a walking minefield of germs cos almost all the kids are sick! But sometimes i can understand la. If u have 3 kids and 1 is sick u cannot really throw the sick kid at home alone. At the same time u might not want to deprive the healthy 2 kids of fun time... But the least they shd do is alert other mummies, then they can make decision on whether to come or not.

Hehe thanks. Ya under Dr Tan. Get cheap thrill from seeing him during consultations lol. R u under him also?

Ur friend told all of u her kid is sick? Actually she is alr not bad. I encountered most relatives and friends dun bother to say... Only when i turn up then find out. CNY was like a walking minefield of germs cos almost all the kids are sick! But sometimes i can understand la. If u have 3 kids and 1 is sick u cannot really throw the sick kid at home alone. At the same time u might not want to deprive the healthy 2 kids of fun time... But the least they shd do is alert other mummies, then they can make decision on whether to come or not.

Hahaha yup. I'm under him & a few of us on this thread too.

Nope!! My fren didn't inform us her child is sick!! She kinda phui-zui when they asked if her son is swimming at my frens place then she say he's not as he's got bronchitis!!! Thou she says he's on road to recovery, but I think should at least inform ppl at it coz its contagious.

Ya true also, if 1 sick cannot deprived the other 2 healthy child. Then again, the other 2 child might already be carrier of the virus so I guess should still practice some civic mindedness la. Like u say, at least alert the mummies/host about it & not keep quiet.

Hello, maybe can consider installing a air cleaner in the bb room and also put a big bottle of hand sanitiser near to the bb cot. This way, those who want to touch your bb can use the hand sanitiser before touching your bb.

Ahh! Good to hear that! Hope by then I've got some sanity & energy left to learn from the nurses! Hahaha
Try to lo, anyway can choose to put the kid in the nursery till his or her feeding time or co-room with you. If you choose the former, maybe you can have more resr

Wa what the hell. I really detest such people lo!!

I feel breathless too especially in the evening. Sometimes have to sit up straight so that can breathe better.

Back