URGENT- PREGNANCY

py85

My menses was late for 4 days. Normally, it will always come on same day every month. I started on folic acid in Sept 2012. was wondering whether does it delay the menses.
I tried to test using pregnancy kit yesterday but negative. I experienced a bit of vomitting and cramps. Now abit worried but was not sure whether to visit the doctor or wait first. Or maybe is a false alarm. Now i do not know what to do. Anybody can provide ideas?

hi, i suggested you wait for another month, normally nausea will not start so soon & folic acid should not delay the menses. baby heartbeat can be traced around wk 6-wk 8.

Delay of menses is quite normal for most women. It could be due to stress or fatigue. U can test for pregnancy next week again if it still does not come. I would suggest that u see a gynea for a vaginal scan if u are planning to get pregnant.

I read on ectopic pregnancy. I also have Sr cramps in the lower right abdomen. Abit worried. Y Is that when I took sthe Jessica test, it is negative

HI Pooh, suggest if you are so worried, go to KKH or your gynae for a blood test, that should solve your worries
happy.gif

hi, there are many reasons for delay menses. sometimes its due to stress or hormones imbalance. my menses is also very regular. But last month it was late for 2 weeks. i tested 4 times using test kit all negative and i even went polyclinic for test. Later menses came on 1 Oct and last for 14 days. during the period of missed menses, i also experience cramps, bloated etc. all these can be PMS. i also read abt etopic pregnancy and wanted to go for check up. But thank god, it eventually came. So i suggest u wait for another 1-2 weeks and test again.

oh thanks all for your clarification.. delay of menses nvr happen to me before so ws abit worried. i was thinking whether to go for blood test as Maomi suggested. actually the last menses day is counted as which one, the first day of menses or last day? so i can calculate and see how late i was .

hello, i missed my menses for about 2 weeks. i bought TWO watsons brand test kit, both tested negative... i was experiencing sore breasts and giddiness. so i bought another test kit, clearblue, POSITIVE. haha. and im preggie!!!

Pooh, last day of menses consider on ur 1st day of menses. Ovulation normally start on 14 days, counted frm ur 1st day menses, If ur hv regular cycle 28 days. So if u hv intercourse on 2nd week, u could b pregnant. Anyway 4 days late still early to test. U r now 8 days late. If still negative, mayb nxt week test again. Else go for blood test

Cosha,

congrats!!!

so disappointed. my menses came today. suppose today to go see gynae anh check but decided to wait till next week. then menses just come...
gonna try harder again...

Back