Trying to conceive 2020

Hi Luxee, I’m 1DPO today. Feel a little under the weather, tired for some reason. Other than that I’m ok. Why do you think it won’t happen this cycle? there’s always a chance till AF shows!
Sounds like a good sign! Keeping fingers cross for u this cycle and to hear good news after 2 weeks!!

your gynae did ultrasound test? when I was prescribes Letrozole, my gynae only asked me to do blood test for progesterone on CD21. Should my gynae do an ultrasound too?
Yah he only did ultrasound on CD12 and never mention the blood test i don’t know why... i guess either works so don’t waste money on ultrasound unless you want to get some assurance! I read that even mature follicles does not equate to having eggs inside so i may be in that category...

Hey all!

I am TTC for 2 years and we finally picked the courage to do a fertility check start of the month.

Doctor said that my ovary is all good and there is no cyst. I have been having irregular periods since young and it has affected my chance of conceiving.

Since doctor claimed that I an PCOS, i am under few medications such as energy booster, pill to force my AF out.

Current on CD3 and starting my clomid 5 days tonight! I am being all positive and will need to head down to doctor on CD15 but was informed CD10-14 onwards to BD every night so when we came in to doctor’s, he will see if there is any ovulation or such.

As this is the first round with the help of clomid, I am being positive, hopeful and hope for the best during the upcoming TWW!

Hey all!

I am TTC for 2 years and we finally picked the courage to do a fertility check start of the month.

Doctor said that my ovary is all good and there is no cyst. I have been having irregular periods since young and it has affected my chance of conceiving.

Since doctor claimed that I an PCOS, i am under few medications such as energy booster, pill to force my AF out.

Current on CD3 and starting my clomid 5 days tonight! I am being all positive and will need to head down to doctor on CD15 but was informed CD10-14 onwards to BD every night so when we came in to doctor’s, he will see if there is any ovulation or such.

As this is the first round with the help of clomid, I am being positive, hopeful and hope for the best during the upcoming TWW!

Baby dust to you! :)

Sounds like a good sign! Keeping fingers cross for u this cycle and to hear good news after 2 weeks!!

haha thanks for the positivity! Is tiredness a good sign? But it’s only 1DPO though. Don’t want to get my hopes up, if you know wat I mean.

My area is also a dengue spot! Getting sick might affect our chances right?

Yah he only did ultrasound on CD12 and never mention the blood test i don’t know why... i guess either works so don’t waste money on ultrasound unless you want to get some assurance! I read that even mature follicles does not equate to having eggs inside so i may be in that category...
yea ultrasound might be expensive, but it’s the most reliable test I think. Have your doc checked your egg reserve before? My TCM recommend to get it checked, but my gynae say no need becos I’m still not that old and no other health issues. :oops:

Hey all!

Hi nfp, is your doc doing an ultrasound scan on CD15?

Hi Sharmin, I’m no expert, just sharing what I found online. Progesterone usually peaks 7 days after ovulation. Hence if you have a textbook 28 day cycle and ovulate on CD14, CD21 would be when your progesterone should peak. However for ladies like us with longer cycles, progesterone test should be take7 days after ovulation. Maybe you can ask your doc for a progesterone test on CD28?

Btw, in case the progesterone measurement units are confusing, usually the sites online reflect Ng/mol but our local test results come back as nmol/l. U can find websites that offer conversion for the units. For 3ng/mol, which is indicative of ovulation is about 10+nmol/l. Hope this helps :)

how long have you been TCC?

I see. Ya I tried to convert the units too. I think it's normal procedure for kkh. I tried to look back on my previous result it was about 50+. Big diff. But I was on clomid previously.

I started in Jan

I'm supposed to on letrozole for inducing ovulation but my #1 is too addicted to bfing. So I was trying to go as natural as possible without pills.

yea ultrasound might be expensive, but it’s the most reliable test I think. Have your doc checked your egg reserve before? My TCM recommend to get it checked, but my gynae say no need becos I’m still not that old and no other health issues. :oops:
Yes the first test doc did was egg reserve via AMH hormone, however since i have PCOS my reading is expected to be high, i have 88.4pmol/L or 12.38ng/mL. It doesn’t mean the eggs are good quality either, just that i have more eggs, and in my opinion, cystic eggs so no point! I rmb you are younger than me so you don’t need i feel! Maybe u can try ultrasound too in your next cycle. You stopped taking letrozol right? How many cycles did u try w letrozol?
If u continue to feel fatigue rest of the 2 weeks i think it’s a good sign!

Hey all!

All the best, im hopeful for u too!! How about your hubby SA results?

I see. Ya I tried to convert the units too. I think it's normal procedure for kkh. I tried to look back on my previous result it was about 50+. Big diff. But I was on clomid previously.

I started in Jan

I'm supposed to on letrozole for inducing ovulation but my #1 is too addicted to bfing. So I was trying to go as natural as possible without pills.

Have you tried seeing TCM? Not sure if you can bf with TCM though. Wow your previous CD21 results were 50+? That sounds good. My results were only 10+, just passed the mark.

Have you tried seeing TCM? Not sure if you can bf with TCM though. Wow your previous CD21 results were 50+? That sounds good. My results were only 10+, just passed the mark.
That's when I take clomid. So I'm 'testing' now if on my own if I can actually ovulate since it was positive on opk. I'm actually supposed to take letrozole then go for the testing

I did see tcm previously. But the medication was really and the effect was slow. I'm seeing tcm too but just to 'regulate' my menses and body aches caused by all the hectic breastfeeding haha.

All the best, im hopeful for u too!! How about your hubby SA results?
doctor didn’t went there. he said let’s try with me first as we want to work on my PCOS first. but still unsuccessful, then we will look into my hubby SA and such.

Yes the first test doc did was egg reserve via AMH hormone, however since i have PCOS my reading is expected to be high, i have 88.4pmol/L or 12.38ng/mL. It doesn’t mean the eggs are good quality either, just that i have more eggs, and in my opinion, cystic eggs so no point! I rmb you are younger than me so you don’t need i feel! Maybe u can try ultrasound too in your next cycle. You stopped taking letrozol right? How many cycles did u try w letrozol?
If u continue to feel fatigue rest of the 2 weeks i think it’s a good sign!

Hi Reina, though I was prescribed letrozole, I have not started it yet as I am still trying TCM. Intend to try for 1 or 2 more cycles before starting letrozole :)

That's when I take clomid. So I'm 'testing' now if on my own if I can actually ovulate since it was positive on opk. I'm actually supposed to take letrozole then go for the testing

I did see tcm previously. But the medication was really and the effect was slow. I'm seeing tcm too but just to 'regulate' my menses and body aches caused by all the hectic breastfeeding haha.

Mind if I ask, previously you started Clomid because doc said you were not ovulating? Or was it due to other health reasons?

can i check if anyone were suppose to take norethisterone to induce AF? my AF came 5 laters after the last dose and the current AF is waterfall (sorry TMI!) that i need to change every hour. is this normal?

do you have any symptoms so far? How many days DPO are you?
They put me as 6DPO but I hope I actually ovulated 2 days later as I didn't BD as much earlier on. Normally my cycle isn't so short. :confused: Just some sore boobs which sometimes appear as AF symptom and it's still too early for implantation yet. How are u now?

They put me as 6DPO but I hope I actually ovulated 2 days later as I didn't BD as much earlier on. Normally my cycle isn't so short. :confused: Just some sore boobs which sometimes appear as AF symptom and it's still too early for implantation yet. How are u now?

They as in your gynae? I’m not too sure how to calculate DPO, but I think it’s 2 days after first positive OPK is 1DPO? So I guess I’m 2DPO. Still very tired today. The tiredness started yesterday, hope I’m not coming down with something!:(

does sore boobs only appear after implantation? Implantation can happen as early as 6DPO though

They as in your gynae? I’m not too sure how to calculate DPO, but I think it’s 2 days after first positive OPK is 1DPO? So I guess I’m 2DPO. Still very tired today. The tiredness started yesterday, hope I’m not coming down with something!:(

does sore boobs only appear after implantation? Implantation can happen as early as 6DPO though
Nope not gynae but the app for period and bbt. I have 2 different apps lol. I continued my old app to see the various cycle length and a new app (fertility friend) which is supposed to be good for bbt. Hmm.. not very sure about OPK as I have never used it before. Oh dear! Better rest more and drink more water! Take more vit C as well with all the Covid and dengue flying around.

Nope not gynae but the app for period and bbt. I have 2 different apps lol. I continued my old app to see the various cycle length and a new app (fertility friend) which is supposed to be good for bbt. Hmm.. not very sure about OPK as I have never used it before. Oh dear! Better rest more and drink more water! Take more vit C as well with all the Covid and dengue flying around.

yes, will do that. Thanks!
I went to research on DPO. I think I’m 3DPO today instead of 2. Do you normally get sore boobs around 6DPO?

Mind if I ask, previously you started Clomid because doc said you were not ovulating? Or was it due to other health reasons?

I have pcos and very irregular menses. After the first test, he told me that I wasn't ovulating on my own. But recently I went to my gp as I heard clomid is better compared to letrozole in terms of breastfeeding. Its just thst clomid will suppress milk supply (which I am happy to stop)

can i check if anyone were suppose to take norethisterone to induce AF? my AF came 5 laters after the last dose and the current AF is waterfall (sorry TMI!) that i need to change every hour. is this normal?
I think it depends on your body as the hormones signal your uterus lining to shed. I took it before but my period is usually not a lot kind. So even after few months of not having period, it wasn't as heavy as you describe? Check if it stops after few days and take rest more!

I have pcos and very irregular menses. After the first test, he told me that I wasn't ovulating on my own. But recently I went to my gp as I heard clomid is better compared to letrozole in terms of breastfeeding. Its just thst clomid will suppress milk supply (which I am happy to stop)

You mentioned you have positive OPk in your previous post. Will you be going back to the doc to confirm ovulation?

You mentioned you have positive OPk in your previous post. Will you be going back to the doc to confirm ovulation?
Yea I used clear blue. My next appointment is in August. Probably wait till then. Nthg much I can do now except to wait for next af(but I hope not). I think the clear blue digital can be trusted lah. Hahaha

Yea I used clear blue. My next appointment is in August. Probably wait till then. Nthg much I can do now except to wait for next af(but I hope not). I think the clear blue digital can be trusted lah. Hahaha

haha fingers crossed! I also wondered if I have cycles where I don’t ovulate. I read online tt sometimes can get LH surge, but the egg doesn’t come out in the end. I think this can only be confirmed by ultrasound right?

haha fingers crossed! I also wondered if I have cycles where I don’t ovulate. I read online tt sometimes can get LH surge, but the egg doesn’t come out in the end. I think this can only be confirmed by ultrasound right?
I read the same too! But i don’t think ultrasound can confirm because the follicles will still mature (maybe technically considered ovulated) and shown as bigger grapes on the ultrasound Screen, but doesnt mean there is an egg encapsulate inside that follicle.. (like an empty shell). This is based on what i read online. There are 2 different types “ Luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome” and “empty follicle syndrome” you can read up more, but it made me more paranoid everytime i read these!

Not sure if ultra sound can show. Even for pregnancy at early stage, my Dr told me cannot really see from ultrasound, test kit is more accurate. Wa I don't wanna read so much. The test kit alr make me v anxious and disappointed

hello, yes i experienced this. i was told to take norethisterone to induce and its heavy heavy flow thereafter.

I read the same too! But i don’t think ultrasound can confirm because the follicles will still mature (maybe technically considered ovulated) and shown as bigger grapes on the ultrasound Screen, but doesnt mean there is an egg encapsulate inside that follicle.. (like an empty shell). This is based on what i read online. There are 2 different types “ Luteinized unruptured follicle syndrome” and “empty follicle syndrome” you can read up more, but it made me more paranoid everytime i read these!
With these 2 conditions means won’t ovulate? Or release bad eggs? Wow it’s more complicated than I thought. How to test for these? My gynae only did the basic progesterone blood test

Not sure if ultra sound can show. Even for pregnancy at early stage, my Dr told me cannot really see from ultrasound, test kit is more accurate. Wa I don't wanna read so much. The test kit alr make me v anxious and disappointed
The OPK makes you nervous? you got a positive OPK, so maybe don’t worry too much for now?

I think it depends on your body as the hormones signal your uterus lining to shed. I took it before but my period is usually not a lot kind. So even after few months of not having period, it wasn't as heavy as you describe? Check if it stops after few days and take rest more!
yeah it went down after 4 days and im currently on clomid cycle. hoping just for the best and to see if im ovulating and start with business lol

The aftermath makes me nervous. Like I don't wanna harp so much hope but I just want to know ASAP. Then if its positive OPk, why there is no bfp probably have to distract myself more.

Yea I get what you mean. The positive OPK to the TWW and the AF arrival is like a vicious cycle. Causes frustrations, anxiety and disappointments o_O

Hey dear!! Thanks for remembering me! Yes I did a scan yesterday and have 4 follicles and a nice lining :) happy that my body is reacting well to the stim. First ever full stim IUI so I’m really hoping for the best. Most likely doing the IUI coming Monday if all on track! I done 7 jabs already, 5 more to go and it’s IUI day!

Jiayou on you cycle! Hope to hear good news from you after 2 weeks!

Hi Chouchou, great to hear that it’s going well for you! Let’s Jia you together and hope for the best!:D

Hi Pixie, are you experiencing any bloating? I’m quite bloated these few days and had the worst bloat that I ever experienced last night! It was so bad that I thought I was getting mild cramps! o_O

Hi Pixie, are you experiencing any bloating? I’m quite bloated these few days and had the worst bloat that I ever experienced last night! It was so bad that I thought I was getting mild cramps! o_O
Nope, I've not had any bloating. But I did have some very light cramps and twinges on my right side yesterday. Weird... and my temp this morning was down. :(How many DPO are u at now? FF app adjusted my O day to 2 days later! So I'm now 8DPO.

Nope, I've not had any bloating. But I did have some very light cramps and twinges on my right side yesterday. Weird... and my temp this morning was down. :(How many DPO are u at now? FF app adjusted my O day to 2 days later! So I'm now 8DPO.

I dunno about bbt, is temp down bad? I should be 7 DPO today. I used OPK, so I got a positive on 17 and 18 Jul. Light cramps and twinges sounds hopeful. I’ve had some weird pulling sensations in my lower abdomen yesterday too, when I was doing housework. Do you have increased CM?

I dunno about bbt, is temp down bad? I should be 7 DPO today. I used OPK, so I got a positive on 17 and 18 Jul. Light cramps and twinges sounds hopeful. I’ve had some weird pulling sensations in my lower abdomen yesterday too, when I was doing housework. Do you have increased CM?
Normally if bbt remains high or slowly increasing is good as it indicates progesterone is increasing. Just watery CM. U? Today's symptoms not much only gassy.

Normally if bbt remains high or slowly increasing is good as it indicates progesterone is increasing. Just watery CM. U? Today's symptoms not much only gassy.

I have more like opaque watery CM.Yea I’m still gassy/bloated too. Being gassy makes me nauseous. But it’s probably nothing. Sometimes I get this during BFN cycles as well

I have more like opaque watery CM.Yea I’m still gassy/bloated too. Being gassy makes me nauseous. But it’s probably nothing. Sometimes I get this during BFN cycles as well

I don't wanna give u false hopes but I did have very bad bloating during my first pregnancy! Fingers crossed for you!!! FF has 'determined' no ovulation for me even though I keyed in I tested positive I've decided not to test and find ways to just distract myself till my AF is supposed to due.

I don't wanna give u false hopes but I did have very bad bloating during my first pregnancy! Fingers crossed for you!!! FF has 'determined' no ovulation for me even though I keyed in I tested positive I've decided not to test and find ways to just distract myself till my AF is supposed to due.

Hi Sharmin, I had bloating during my BFN cycles too. Just this time round it’s much worse! Especially at night after dinner. U are using bbt and OPK? So you mean the app says no ovulation based on bbt?

Hi Sharmin, I had bloating during my BFN cycles too. Just this time round it’s much worse! Especially at night after dinner. U are using bbt and OPK? So you mean the app says no ovulation based on bbt?

Wa did u eat anything special! How many dpo are you at now? Hopefully good news!!! I'm not sure leh. The bbt sometimes I take if I rmb but its erratic. Then I realised the thermometer in using is soft tip and my lo kept bending it. Not sure if it's spoilt already.

Back