Trying to conceive 2020

thanks for your encouraging words, if only I could turn back time I think just being by myself life should be simpler and not have to deal with issues that comes along with being married.

Hi Hashtiq, yes sometimes being single is simpler but theres always pros and cons. I have friends who are still single. Sometimes they also yearn for companionship, and worry about being alone when they get older. They also have to deal with family and friends “expectations”, that they should find someone to get married, and also society’s views abt them being 40 and single. it’s another set of problems too. Don’t give up!

Hi whentwobecomesone & everyone, today is 14 days past IUI and also my CD29. Did a home test, it’s negative and the clinic did the urine test it’s negative too. My gynae had a quick word with me and he is suggesting that I may want to just try SO-IUI for one last time (4th time) and if it’s fails again, he would like me to consider IVF. This time round he will be more aggressive in his approach for my SO-IUI, he will do injections right from day 2 of my cycle to stimulate more follicles (4-6 follicles) compared to my previous IUI all with only 1 single matured follicle. Sorry to disappoint everyone.... let’s do this again and root each other on in this journey....

Hi Chouchou, sorry to hear that your IUI is not successful this time round. Hope you’re feeling ok, and that you will have better results this month! Especially since you’re starting TCM soon. Take care and don’t give up!

Hi Hashtiq, yes sometimes being single is simpler but theres always pros and cons. I have friends who are still single. Sometimes they also yearn for companionship, and worry about being alone when they get older. They also have to deal with family and friends “expectations”, that they should find someone to get married, and also society’s views abt them being 40 and single. it’s another set of problems too. Don’t give up!

you too! Thank you for the positivity! I agree that everyone has their own problems and no life is perfect. Guess I just have to try hard and focus on my job and what I currently have. I am glad you have plans ahead and I hope they all goes well for you :)

Hi Moony, thanks for the information! Does that mean that any couples can adopt as long as they pass the home study report? Don’t need to have failed IVF etc? Can we adopt the child from overseas, or must the child be born locally? Thanks!

Yes, you are free to adopt once you pass the HSR. No, I didn’t do a single IVF, so you don’t need to have failed IVF. Yes, you can adopt from overseas. Touch and Fei Yue assist for adoption from China. You can google MSF adoption process for more info. Its a long process it took me more than a year. But your options are open :)

We have been ttc for a year and a month already. I started taking vitamins for a year and a half. Before we started to ttc, I just feel nausea and have some stomach issues. Then when we started ttc, I feel like somehow it got worse and the worst was when I took blackmores vitamins I feel. I changed from gnc to Blackmore btw. So from then I just stopped. It wasn’t so bad taking gnc vitamins because my cycle was between 35-37 days most of the time but when I changed to blackmores, the cycle became crazy like ranges from 30 to 45 days each time. Sometimes I think back I find it really weird. I used to have regular period before wedding but after wedding my cycle become longer it seems and the after effect from taking vitamins (I assumed) had my cycle became so messed up. I wonder it’s the stress too that’s playing a part.
This is actually the first month I stopped but I’m on CD 34 today. Have backaches past 2 days and a little cramp ytd so likely period would be coming soon :( haha

Hi ladies ,
Me too! I stopped taking the Blackmores as well as I am not sure is that the cause of my change in period. I went to KKH for a regular follow up and doc gave me folic acid. My menses for this month did not come and I had also mild pms symptoms. But when I checked the kit it was negative too. Doc said could be my weight as I had put on some during this CB and advised to try again for six months as we have only been trying for 6 months. I am going to see Dr Zhao this Friday as recommended and start my TCM journey first before going for any fertility checks. I’ll feedback again !

Yes, you are free to adopt once you pass the HSR. No, I didn’t do a single IVF, so you don’t need to have failed IVF. Yes, you can adopt from overseas. Touch and Fei Yue assist for adoption from China. You can google MSF adoption process for more info. Its a long process it took me more than a year. But your options are open :)
Thanks very much and this certainly comes in helpful should i need to adopt in future!

Do you take any supplements or go for any TCM to improve overall fertility health? I tried acupuncture before though a yr back
Yes i am taking OvaBoost and FertileCM from iherb for 2 months, and TCM for 9 months already, TCM is a mix of accupuncture and medicine. I will continue these until I do IVF, which likely is next year if i don’t conceive this year. Why did u stop at TCM?

Hi! i was wondering when do people usually do test for pregnancy?
i read online with some saying a week after missed period (which will be 7 weeks after last period start date) and some saying right after your period is late? i got a BFN twice when my period was late and i was wondering if i might have tested too early and should wait until a week after missed period?

i read online with some saying a week after missed period (which will be 7 weeks after last period start date) and some saying right after your period is late? i got a BFN twice when my period was late and i was wondering if i might have tested too early and should wait until a week after missed period?
Hi! How long are your cycles typically? And when was your last period ? I read in most places a few days after missed is fairly accurate.

Hi Amy, how many days late are you now? Normally u can test after your period is late like others have stated unless u have irregular cycle then it would be good to wait till the longest cycle u ever had. Is your cycle regular?

Hi Moony, thanks for information! :)

Hi Amy, from what I read online, if you’re pregnant, most people will be able to get a BFP by 16 days after ovulation. Some sites suggest up to a week after missed period. You can test every 2 days, as the pregnancy hormone doubles every 2 days. If after one week after missed period, still BFN and no AF, you might want to consider seeing your GP or gynae?

I have been TTC since Jan 2020. I've got miscarriage in March 2020, at week 5. We keep on trying after the miscarriage but there's no good news yet. I am so depressed. We are kinda stressed because of this. Can anyone tell me what i should do next? :(

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and started to TTC since last August. My husband and I went to Dr Caroline Khi from ACJ Clinic for our fertility checkup (sperm count and blood test) previously. All seems okay, except that I have cyst and fibroids (which Dr Khi says just monitor). So we were advised to try naturally for at least 6 months before we follow up with the doctor.

I am turning 34 this year and even though I have very regular menstrual cycle, it seems so so difficult to conceive. Whenever AF appears every month, I will be super down for a few days.

TBH, we haven’t been trying at all till a few months back so I am considered a newbie as compared to some ladies. These few months, it has been interesting discovery of my body and understanding how fertility works. Not shameless to share some lessons I have learnt.

I have always been counting my menstrual cycle wrongly. Apparently from what I read, day 1 of the menstrual cycle is the first day of full flow (spotting doesn't count). I probably failed Biology badly when I was schooling and had too much confidence in my Math. It took me some time to get it right so I thought to just share it here in case anyone is as confused as I am.

We have used 3 rounds of Clear Blue OPK. The first time round, I didn’t get any smiley face at all. I was so worried that I don’t ovulate, and I went back regularly to the gynae to make sure my follicles grow. Second lesson for me is, even though mensus happens, it doesn’t mean ovulation happens. And third lesson for me is, ovulation doesn’t happen at 14 days. I have a shorter menstrual cycle (26 days), so by right my ovulation will happen on day 13. But by left, it always happen on day 16. Hence I didn’t get any smiley face the first time I used OPK because the 10 sticks didn’t last me till day 16 Haha. But for the past two months, I finally got it right. At this stage of mine, seeing the smiley face feels like I strike a lottery.

That is all for me and the stupid mistakes I have made so far. Sorry for being so Long-winded. Hope it brings some laughter or shed some light with everyone. I haven’t succeed yet and hope I get some good news soon. I have been taking folic acid and drinking Yomeishu every night. I also cut down on coffee and cold drinks. I did enquire about Angelia’s fertility massage, it is quite pricey for me and there is a need for weekly commitment for 6 months. We thought of trying it naturally first before going to her. I also went to did a trial on Joyre fertility massage, not sure if it works but it did help in my bowl movement.

Baby dust to all!
I am a newbie too. Baby dust to you too. TTC since Jan 2020. but no good news so far.

I have been TTC since Jan 2020. I've got miscarriage in March 2020, at week 5. We keep on trying after the miscarriage but there's no good news yet. I am so depressed. We are kinda stressed because of this. Can anyone tell me what i should do next? :(

Hi ibee, sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Don’t give up and continue trying! I’ve been trying for 10 cycles and some ladies have been trying for longer. Jia you!

Hello Jo Jo,

I failed my 1st fresh transfer in Jan20, am looking forward to my next full blast menses to start FET. Im also with SGH. For mine it didnt stick as well, my blood test results were bad, it didnt increase :(
Hello Jo Jo,

I failed my 1st fresh transfer in Jan20, am looking forward to my next full blast menses to start FET. Im also with SGH. For mine it didnt stick as well, my blood test results were bad, it didnt increase :(
Hi appleloy,

What happen to your blood test rests?

Sorry to hear about ur mc :( there are some ladies in this forum whom have been trying for years, don’t give up!! I am trying in my 8th cycle now.. don’t be depressed.. i read that normal couples on average try for about one year!!

Same here! I failed my first cycle ivf when I was working, Sep going for second cycle and decided to take 1 year no pay leave to focus on ivf. Baby dust to both of us!
Thankyou so much. In sept, you will be going for a fresh IVF cycle or FET.
Baby dust to both of us!

Hi Amy, how many days late are you now? Normally u can test after your period is late like others have stated unless u have irregular cycle then it would be good to wait till the longest cycle u ever had. Is your cycle regular?

Hi Pixie, have you gotten your positive OPK yet? I’m still waiting for mine in a couple of days....
I noticed I get ewcm way before positive OPK. During positive OPK, I usually only get watery or opaque stretchy cm. Does anyone else have that?

Hi Pixie, have you gotten your positive OPK yet? I’m still waiting for mine in a couple of days....
I noticed I get ewcm way before positive OPK. During positive OPK, I usually only get watery or opaque stretchy cm. Does anyone else have that?
Same... during positive OPK, mine is watery and very little CM even the 2 days after (assuming positive OPK is 24 hrs before ovulation). I get alot of CM and EWCM 2 days before my period always, which is why i always felt my period is already here but it’s a “false alarm” when i go toilet to check...

Same... during positive OPK, mine is watery and very little CM even the 2 days after (assuming positive OPK is 24 hrs before ovulation). I get alot of CM and EWCM 2 days before my period always, which is why i always felt my period is already here but it’s a “false alarm” when i go toilet to check...

i wonder if the lack of or too little ewcm will affect successful fertilisation? Supposedly sperm need ideal ewcm to survive longer

i wonder if the lack of or too little ewcm will affect successful fertilisation? Supposedly sperm need ideal ewcm to survive longer
I wonder too, hence started taking supplements for this, called “FertileCM”. I finished my 2nd bottle and noticed more CM indeed but not EW consistency, but at least the quantity improved first so hopefully the quality will improve in the coming weeks... i think the sperms all died very fast inside me last time LOL

Nope I don't use OPKs. I will just BD every other day now until my temp shows a spike. Ya, sometimes I see EWCM a few times before ovulation so not sure also.

Nope I don't use OPKs. I will just BD every other day now until my temp shows a spike. Ya, sometimes I see EWCM a few times before ovulation so not sure also.

Hi Pixie, so far is the bbt accurate? do you stop BD after the temp spike? I’ve gotten my positive OPK yesterday. hopefully this is the last cycle of trying!

I wonder too, hence started taking supplements for this, called “FertileCM”. I finished my 2nd bottle and noticed more CM indeed but not EW consistency, but at least the quantity improved first so hopefully the quality will improve in the coming weeks... i think the sperms all died very fast inside me last time LOL

Hi Reina, are you experiencing any symptoms?

Hi Luxee, I’ve read that if you get cramps around 6DPO onwards, it might be a good sign. Though it didn’t work out for me this way, but it might for you! ;) Keep us updated!
I’m only on CD14, so still a long way till finish line. My cycles are very long, so I have almost 3 weeks to go.
Hiii whentwobecomesone! Im 4 DPO & got slight cramps n discomfort. Doesnt last long actually. Its making me nervous. How're u getting along? Oh i saw ur earlier post & we're the same age too

Hi Luxee, how are you feeling? Any symptoms? :)

Hi Pixie, so far is the bbt accurate? do you stop BD after the temp spike? I’ve gotten my positive OPK yesterday. hopefully this is the last cycle of trying!
Seems to me rather accurate and can see my luteal phase length as well. Haha I will stop the intensive BD but will still do if feel like it. Yes! Hope it will be the last cycle of trying for us! *cross fingers*

Hihi. Has anyone gone for the progesterone test but had a longer cycle (I believe mine is 35 days). What the level expected if ovulation has occurred? Ived tested on cb and normal Watson opk and both are positive. However d21 progesterone blood count shows otherwise. ☹️

Hi hi! I'm alrite and no symptoms at all. Might not happen for me this cycle, idk. Haha shld be expecting AF in 2-3 days time so will just wait & see how r u?

Hi Luxee, I’m 1DPO today. Feel a little under the weather, tired for some reason. Other than that I’m ok. Why do you think it won’t happen this cycle? there’s always a chance till AF shows!

Hihi. Has anyone gone for the progesterone test but had a longer cycle (I believe mine is 35 days). What the level expected if ovulation has occurred? Ived tested on cb and normal Watson opk and both are positive. However d21 progesterone blood count shows otherwise. ☹

Hi Sharmin, I have 35 to 37 day cycles. My CD21 progesterone test was also very low, as I have not ovulated yet. My gynae repeated the test on CD28 and the levels went up to 3.44 Ng/mol. My gynae advises that the levels was still very low and she suspect there was no ovulation. I didn’t use OPK then so I’m not sure abt ovulation that cycle too.

however, I did my own research online and found that progesterone blood test results of 3ng/mol and higher is indicative of ovulation already. You can try searching online too. Wat was your progesterone results?

My result on d21 was <1.6nmol/L. Which I assume is not ovulating. If based on normal 28 days cycle if its d21 to test, should I be testing a week later? My doctor knows my cycle is usually longer but didn't order two blood count. My opk was peak on cd18. Last month my opks were all negative till my AF came. Starting to lose hope..

My result on d21 was <1.6nmol/L. Which I assume is not ovulating. If based on normal 28 days cycle if its d21 to test, should I be testing a week later? My doctor knows my cycle is usually longer but didn't order two blood count. My opk was peak on cd18. Last month my opks were all negative till my AF came. Starting to lose hope..

Hi Sharmin, I’m no expert, just sharing what I found online. Progesterone usually peaks 7 days after ovulation. Hence if you have a textbook 28 day cycle and ovulate on CD14, CD21 would be when your progesterone should peak. However for ladies like us with longer cycles, progesterone test should be take7 days after ovulation. Maybe you can ask your doc for a progesterone test on CD28?

Btw, in case the progesterone measurement units are confusing, usually the sites online reflect Ng/mol but our local test results come back as nmol/l. U can find websites that offer conversion for the units. For 3ng/mol, which is indicative of ovulation is about 10+nmol/l. Hope this helps :)

how long have you been TCC?

Back