Travel to Bangkok

jinamich

Hi,

anyone travel to bangkok with toddler? My son is 2 years 4 months old now. I'm worried about safety and food.

Safety - I've been there with my husband a few years back but without kids. Safe to bring toddler along?

Food - alright to let toddler eat the restaurant food there? I'll definitely not eat food from roadside.

Thank you
happy.gif

My 3.5yo gal have been to Bangkok twice this year. Once in Feb (for 4days) and the 2nd time was just last week (for 5days)
happy.gif

It's perfectly safe there. For the Feb trip, it was me alone that brought my gal out coz my hubby was busy with work as he was there for biz purposes. We only travelled via taxi coz i find their train stations not child friendly.

My gal had all her meals there, Jap restaurants, Thai restaurants, Vietnamese restaurants, western restaurants, etc... All perfectly clean. No problem at all.

I even buy milk powder from the supermarket there coz I was lazy to lug her milk powder over :p. (My gal drinks both Enfa that's sold in SG and MY. Malaysia's Enfa is the same as those in Thailand).

Don't 'look down' at Bangkok. Most of their shopping malls are so much nicer, cleaner and luxurious and child friendly than the malls here.
I so very enjoyed shopping there with my gal!

Sorry, I don't mean to "look down" on Bangkok. I always get some diarrhea after coming back from there.

In fact, I like to visit the country. The people queue up for trains there unlike Singapore. It's chaotic at the train station here.

Thank you ;)

Yes, I agree with you. The toilets there are really much more cleaner than here.

I don't understand why Singapore is still like this. Singapore wants to become a developed country but I think there're lots of rooms for improvement here.

We're vegetarians, including my son. So I think we'll dine at the restaurants outside, not at the malls.

I've visited many vegetarian restaurants a few years back at non shopping mall area and they tasted very good. I would say very good, much better than Singapore's. Singapore's vegetarian food only improve very recently.

oh i have a very sensitive stomach. I'm the type that easily get diarrhea at the slightest 'dirty' food. but i went to Bangkok 3 times in these 2 months and i was fine for all trips
happy.gif
. But of coz I didn't eat any roadside food lah. Getting old liao, don't want to risk it. :p

9 years ago, i worked in a project in Bangkok for nearly 1 year. That time, I eat in quite a number of roadside stalls but those stalls we know are the 'safer' ones. Didn't get any problem there. But shockingly i suffered big time diarrhea from eating a bun bought from a 7-11 store there! I still remember that incident as it was really bad.

oh I remember seeing vegetarian stall in the foodcourt in the shopping malls.. You can consider them also ;)

we brought our 1yo boy to bkk for 4 days in march.no prob with food.ate mostly at foodcourt.they have well-stocked supermarket with bb cereals/milk powder.need to keep child hydrated as the weather is hotter than sg.

Back