TOA PAYOH mummies

Hi all mommies

Does any of mommies here know of a good paediatric cardiologist in Singapore? A friend's baby is diagnosed with holes in heart
sad.gif

Hi Janice, Precious, Girlzz, and Kitty, thanks for the info and sharing. I will probably go for trial classes at JG and GUG.

HI Janice, Zoo Phonics also has some holiday programmes for the toddlers. I have signed up with Thomson Branch. It is held from 1st to 5th of Dec. You may wish to check out.

Hi Girlzz, I do not know of any good pd cardiologist but will check out for you.

Dor, thanks for info on GUG. Understand that Mindchamps is opening another 25 schools across the island. There could be vacancies in tpy next year. You may check with them next year again.

You may also check out Liz Monetessori at blk 85B or C. But she only takes in toddler from 2 years onwards. For 3x a week, I think the fees is about S$180 per month. For 5 times a week, it's about S$250 per month.

Eunice, ya heard fm the staff too...oredi place my daughter's name in their long waiting lists liao. heehee! Thx for Liz Mont info. Btw, can u tell me where is Zoo Phonics am interested to enroll my gal for the holiday prog too. If u r going for trial lesson @ GUG asked for Tr. Ereen's class, dun go for Tr. Arvelin class....i almost fell asleep. My gal is in the Parent & Tots class conducted by tr. Ereen, at Sat 4pm if possible sign up the same class too ler.

Dor, the address for Zoo Phonics Thomson Branch is 200 Upper Thomson Road #01-07 Thomson Imperial Court. Tel is 62532218.

It is located across the road from Long House Food Centre. If I din recall wrongly, it's besides the Thomson CC.

Thanks for the recommendation on the trainer. I will call them up and check it out. :)

Hi! Eunice, just rx'd the info fm Zoo Phonics. Their activities r very similar to GUG hence I'll give it a miss. Thanks again!

hihi mommies,

home bazaar is postponed to this sun/mon cos many mommies called to say they cant make it on fri and sat.

Date: 23/11/08 (Sun) & 24/11/08 (Mon)
Time: By appt only
Venue: Lor 7 Toa Payoh
Terms: Cash only. No reservation. First come first serve.

Many Brand New toys especially for boys (age 3-7). Good as Christmas gifts.

Many preloved, but in good condition toys. Good for own use.

Lots of BN and preloved stuff toys.

There're also many stuff for Newborn.

Also.. many toddlers (boy) shoes.

On top of that, many FREE things to give away.

Interested party, pls call/sms adeline at 96319441 to make appt.

FYI, all proceeds will go to help children in education needs in China.

tks and God bless!

Hi, oh ya almost forgot abt zoo phonics .. shall check it ou too. Haiz.. Tpy town is so happening yet so little children programmes.

girlizz,
my friend's son was operated by an indian doc at gleneagles, his clinic is on the 1st floor... can't remember the name right now.

Hi all, happen to chance upon this thread and it seems very appropriate for me to follow. I'm a SAHM with THREE kids, 9, 5 and 1. Had enrolled my baby to GUG beginning next year. JG, from my opinion is a better school but a little far for me to travel since I need back home for the other 2. I don't stays in TPY but go there VERY often as daughter attending MPM and Piano classes there.

hi all mummies ,

any mummies enrol ur child to PCF ? my son is 27months , and when i went few months back , they ask me to enrol only next year Jan ?

and if he is still on diaper , can go PCF anot ? thank !

girlizz, if u found the contact, do share with me.. my newborn nephew also has a heart defect.. just undergone op and still in icu. i think he's at Mt A.

Precious.. thanks for the face paint suggestion. I went to buy a pack from Taka last weekend. My boy loves it. But I couldn't find Nature Farm so I bought it from another shop.

On the paediatric cariologist I still don't have any names. My friend said another friend recommended KK Hospital but no specific name given.
sad.gif

Hi Girlizz,

For Paediatric cariologist, I think it will be good to go KKH as I feel they are more well equipped and experienced in handling many different cases.

Janice.. thanks for the note. :D

Btw.. if you want I can intro my maid's agent to u. She's not bad. You looking for live in or temp maid?

hi mummies, let me know abt the PD cardio too pls..
happy.gif
i can inform my cousin.. thanks..

precious & Dor or any mummies, can u give me the contact for your weekly cleaner too... next year may consider using a part-time cleaner.

Hi Miin

Part-time cleaner - mine is Mei Ying. She's M'sian Chinese, Chinese-speaking but understands Eng perfectly well. Currently comes to my place once a week on Wed for about 3 hours. Does a pretty good job but not perfect la. She only works weekday though... Anyway, no is 94305891

Still trying to find out the Cardios in KK... sorry about the delay...

thanks j foo... my cousin had the same indian pd cardios to operate on his baby. thankfully will be discharged these 2 days..

Hi girlizz and miin

The cardiologist in KK is called Dr K Y Wong. Has the thumbs up from a friend who's a doc in KK as well as her husband, who's a PD in KK. My matron friend also gave the thumbs up for this doc. He's THE ONE to go to! haha! May be difficult to get an appointment with him so have to be fast.

Hope this helps.

Hi j foo, will it be expensive to make an appointment directly with Dr K Y Wong? My boy has kawasaki, so now following up in KKH's cardio dept. Really pray hard he will recover soon.

Hi Janice

This I have no idea... Maybe you should call up and ask. Oh, my matron friend said if the appointment date given is like ages away, then maybe she can help pull some strings...

I googled his name on the web and goodness me, he's internationally recognised as being one of the top in his field!

any mummies has contact for good and reasonably priced contractor? need to do reno for my flat in 2 weeks time but my contractor is not avail until end dec..

either pm me or sms me also can, 91005945 thanks...

forum so quiet recently.. any mummies going for holiday in dec? havent gone for hols for a long time... sighz.. timez are bad but i still see many ppl shopping for xmas..

hey any mummies into badminton?? i just realised lor 3 has a badminton court beside the playground... anyone interested to play badminton on sat mornings?

Ya.. this thread a bit quiet lately.

Hey.. any mommies keen to send their tots for swim lesson? I'm thinking of organising a class (2 -3 yo) max 4 a class at my condo (Lor 1). The instructor is asking $100/$120 per child 4 times a month 1/2 hour each - weekday preferred.

Miin, 15 Dec Monday am available coz clearing my leave...if u happen to go on leave as well lemme noe. Hopefully some mummies can make it as well.

Hi all, haven't been able to access the thread! It just "disappears"! I see the first few threads of the 2006 but after that it's "kosong"! Something wrong...but the other years all ok leh...

Anyway any of you been to D'Kranji? The latest or rather the first eco resort in S'pore? Planning to go with the family, just a 1 night stay. Prices start around $250 (twin), bigger rooms cost more.

And any suggestions for bridal shower? Friend's getting married in Jan so a few of us planning a bridal shower for her. Thought of going to Kuching for a few days but when my hubby heard that he said "so you mean kids are left with me?"! Haha!

I'm interested in badminton...but I must warn you all, I'm not good at it at all and it's been YEARS since I played! I wonder whether I still remember how to serve???!!!

hi all , my boy cough till very bad , want to bring him to Aglow , but doc ong on leave ... hai ... any other good PD , except children clini ? thank !

Jce, same here ler haf past six...hahaha!

Ur frenz bridal shower all the way to Kuching not bad leh .... mine was a simple one, few of us went out clubbing drink and be merry. But I'd seen one @ Barnone the bride-to-be was invited on stage wearing a veil and her Ts was hooked wif polo mint at diff area. Douglas picked some guys to come on stage and made them eat it, was quite funny.

Aonther occasion I'd witness it in Germany. It was a last Bachelor's nite for the Groom-to-be, a few of his frenz and him wore common printed Ts that had the couple wedding pix on it. They went on the streets asking for donation to sponsor his wedding. This is something fresh, anyway I donated 1Euro heehee!

whitelady
is bishan too far for u? The pd, Dr Appan at Children's Medical Clinic is really quite good. Very detailed, patient & her diagnosis seems pretty spot on. When my ger had persistent cough, our previous pd din manage to detect any wheezing etc. We kinda tried out all the med this pd had till she din disagree when i asked her if i should seek 2nd opinion. My fren recommended me to Dr Appan, who says had wheezing...& wif singulair, my ger's cough went off. B4 that she was coughing once every mth. But now clear for almost 6 mths since i went to Appan liao. & these 6 mths were during the period that my ger started cc so quite amazing. Of course, i give her other stuff too like childlife cod liver oil, drink goat milk at nite etc. if u r keen, can PM me for her contact.

cheri, how much is this Appan? can pm the contact to me too.. thanks.

Dor, I on leave on 19 dec leh.. cos aleesha school close.. u wanna change your leave? keke..

my gal's mucus was yellow then white then yellow again.. thot of bringing her to children clinic to do nubruliser.. hope she wont suggest suction. i hate my gal doing suction every time we go there..
sad.gif

Hey, I'm keen for swimming class for tots, but my girl is already 5 yr old. Do let me know if any mummies keen to organise one for this age range.

Hi Miin, Dr Appan is a very nice lady. Consultation is 40+, excluding medication. She is very detailed and patience. Medications are also cheaper than Dr Heng in Children clinic. However recently I went back to Heng because I realise my boys don't really respond to Appan's medications and usually they need at least 2 or more visits before clearing up. Whereas for Heng, she prescribes expensive and strong medications which personally I don't really like it. But surprisingly, my boys cure faster.

For persistance cough, prob u can try to give Ketotifen as prevention.

Hi Dor

The collecting money thing ain't a bad idea!! haha!

The polo mint and T...I think my friend would kill me...even before that I think my other friends would kill me for her! Haha!

Thought we'd go overseas cos end of year and we're all looking for a break way from S'pore. Mine was also a simple affair. Eat, eat, eat! And we went shoe shopping cos I was known to be this shoe fanatic...use to. Nowadays no more heels, flats, flip-flops, ballet pumps, that's it. And I can't wear all my nice beautiful shoes anymore! After the 2 pregnancies, my feet has expanded to a 37. Use to be 36.5...Anyone out there wearing size 36.5? Have a pair of Magli black suede 1.5 inch court shoes decorated with swarovski crystals....

Miin - Shldnt be a prob. Do we need to book the Badminton Court? Btw, I dun hv shuttle court leh hope u hv some.

Any other mummies keen on 19 Dec morning?

Jce - Yalor, but dun think it werks here coz need a licence to do tat i think. Make it a memorable one for her ler, engage a male dancer to perform in the hotel room hahaha! And you gals get to enjoy as well (>_<)

Mummies
Good news to share!
I just found out that I'm expecting.
Just b4 I found out, thank God's hint for His guidance to train my little girl to sleep alone in her own bedroom.
She is adapting pretty well, no struggling at all.

Btw, I just came back from KL shopping spree + firefires trip.
I was quite impressed there are a few good places for our kids.
- Kuala Selangor to see friendly monkeys.
- Megakids Club @ Mid Valley Megamall (similar to Fidgets)
- Cosmo's Indoor Theme Park with Kids' playground @ Times Square.
- Of course, the most adventure trip is to watch fireflies on the boat in the dark.

girlizz,
i'm quite interested in the swimming lesson but my gal turns 2yo in mar. anyway, will KIV cos i brought my gal swimming only once and not sure how she'll cope with swimming lessons.

miin,
actually suction is not so bad. personally i dun mind letting my gal go for suction. although it's very painful to see my gal cry and scream due to the discomfort during suction but it'll help cos she can't blow her nose to help her breathe better. it pains me more to not go for suction and see her keep waking up and crying when she sleeps becos she can't breathe well becos of the phlegm. hope your gal gets well soon.
happy.gif

Jfoo, no.. mine is the one at the turning b4 CHIJ. :D

Precious.. congrats!! I'm from KL and I didnt know about these places. Paiseh ...

Char.. I think most kids love water. Anyway, I plan to start my boy after CNY. Let me know if you're keen ya. :D

Back