TOA PAYOH mummies

celes

Looking forward to know more mummies staying at Toa Payoh areas.
I am a SAHM with a 2yrs old girl.
happy.gif

Miin n Doris
I'm staying in Lor 5. How about the both of you?
I'm looking for an informal playgroup for our little tots to play together and mummies to chit-chat... hee hee!

i'm staying along Dunearn Rd, the nearest neighbourhood shopping for me is Toa Payoh hence i'm there almost once or twice a week. I always bring my boy to TP library too.

hihi

me SAHM of 2 gals aged 5 and 2 yrs old.

Miin, im staying very near u!

CG, agree wif you that BISHan lib is more interesting. alot of good books there but my gals prefer to run around than sitting at a corner to read books!

Hi CG and good morning to all moms,

Yes, agree with you that Bishan Lib is more interesting and I brought my son there few times. But as I like to get my groceries at TP, so I used TP's Lib more often. My boy is going 20 mth next week!

Dear all

Sorry am new at this forum. Could anyone tell me what is "SAHM"?

May everyone hav a nice wkend with all in the family!!!

Hi all!

I'm staying at Lor 7. FTWM with a 1yo boy and another baby on the way in Dec.

Doris,
SAHM - Stay at Home Mum
FTWM - Full time working mum

Starlight, White_lady, Poohy and othere mummies
Nice to know more mummies here.
I just brought my gal to Bot Gardens (Children's garden) for sand n waterplay. Was such a great fun for us and spent almost 1 hr there!

CG ,

i also want to bring my son there , but today was raining , so bought him to shopping =P

Maybe going tmr ... is it very pack ?

White_lady
Pls don't go Bot Gardens tomorrow cos it is closed every Monday except for Public Holiday
Shall we go together? We can arrange one day.

hi pooh, which blk r u staying ? i'm at 116..

i tried bringing my son to the lib but he ended up running around n get warned by the librarian.. hehe.. now i just put him in stroller when i'm there to borrow books..

do u know there's a lib for kids in lor 8, near the togoyo shop.. havent been there though.. just passed by..

Miin, the lib has closed down already. Was a good place to bring young kids (can roam around) but their rationale is that there's a bigger chldren's section at central..

oh it's closed.. what a pity but still it's a little out of the way.. The central's one is big but cant make too much noise there.. guess have to wait for my son to be older b4 letting him 'roam' around there..

Mummies
Shall we have a mini picnic at TPY park, for our little tots to feed tortoises?
Maybe next Monday at 5pm?

Miin

i know BLk 116 coz my fav yong tau hu stall is there!! hahaha. my blk is near beatty sec sch..near to braddell side.

U wan to meet up on thur abt 3.30pm at ONE SINGAPORE'S KFC?? my elder gal having her art class there on thurs.

CG, can i join the mini picnic?? drive pass the park and know that there is a eating place in the park now...used to b seafood resturant donkey yrs back.

Pooh
There is a new TeoChew Porridge restaurant at the TPY park. I have not tried yet, but it seems crowded. Blk 116 Yong Tau Hu always close early right?

Date: 9 June, Monday
Time: 5pm
Venue: TPY Park (Oppsite HDB Hub)
Agenda: Mini Picnic, let our little tots feed tortorise
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

CG, your girl reminds me of my son... attack whoever touches his territory.. haha.. so cute la..

Pooh, seems like the yong tau foo is many people's fav yeh.. my blk becomes wellknown cos of it.. kekeke... sorry leh, I'm working so cant meet up during weekday..

my bb is at infantcare blk 200.. u r near there rite?? every evening i have to go there pick her.. a lot of stray cats there leh.. :p n i saw an old woman feeding them.. once my hubby saw someone feeding monkeys there, so scary.. :X

Miin
How old are your children?
We can arrange outings on Saturday mornings too, to Bot Gardens, Zoo or Sentosa.

my kids?? 3 yo n 5mths.. sat morning is fine.. ;) my hubby sometimes 'dump' me n kids to play basketball with his forum friends.. it's time i do so too.. haha.. i dun mind going to Bot Gardens..

Miin

oh..blk 200 is pretty near my place. there is a nice playarea for kids near the child care center.

ya. many stray cats and saw some aunties feeding the cats. These cats are well-taken care of. they have variety of meals everyday (baked fish, steam fish, etc) ehh, dnt be mistaken hor, im not feeding them coz im scare of cats thou my gals love to watch the cats.
last heard that the 2 monkeys are 'residing' at lor 8

I havent really seen the playground but I know the children played there for outdoor activities.. the childcare centre is very popular, it seems..

The cats really have a good life there ya, sometimes I'm so afraid they'll jump onto my stroller n frightened the baby..

wow, u mean the 2 monkeys so clever.. actually crossed the road, wonder if they jaywalk or used the bridge?? hmmm...

oh ya, there's a foodcourt at the factory, is it good?? Been wanting to try there but havent had a chance..

Miin

ya. the monkeys are smart!! they used to 'reside' outside beatty sec on weekends. my gals will watch them at a distant. There was once my hubby brght 2 gals to the bridge to lor 8 to buy breakfast, the monkeys were on the bridge and followed them!!

so far, only bght botak jones from the foodcourt..not sure of other food. another nice chi char is at blk 203.long que on weekends!

Oh I know the chi cha.. been patrons since I was a little kid.. they used to be at where McDonalds is now before they shifted to blk203.
they have very nice food n during weekend u have to go there to reserve your seats early..

Pooh, besides the monkeys, I'm surprised the town council allow the overhead vines to grow so thick n left them hanging without trimming..

CG, u know the coffeeshop beside town council? it used to have v nice roti prata but now renovated, the shop doesnt wanna cont biz.. so sad.. eaten their roti prata since young too..

other nice food...
Lor 1 market 2floor has carrot cake with long Q,
blk 124 (i think) has Fong Kee roasted duck v nice
Lor 7 got 1 coffeeshop got vegetarian v nice

Miin

wow. seems like u and me grow up in toa payoh..used to stay at blk 208 since young.

ya, the chichar was formerly from macdonald

Fong kee no longer at blk 124. went to get roast pork last week and so surprise that that they changed to another seller..not nice and slow service.

CG, ya blk 203 at lor1. very near SPH.

Actually TPY has a lot of good food, but it seems I eat the same food most of the time.

Any mummies keen to go Forum this Thur at 5pm to watch the fairytales show?

Hi Miin, All

I'm a MTB due October this year. Am interested in finding either a nanny or infant care in TP area since I'm going to be a FTWM. How's the infant care at Block 200? Any feedback? Any leads for nanny also? Would be very appreciated.

sunny72

dnt think blk 200 have infant care. understand that it is a childcare for 18 mths and abve.

CG,

sure , we can arrange someday and go outing . But normally at 5pm , my son napping , haha ...

kalkal ,

you stay lor 8 also , which blk ?

<font color="0000ff">White_Lady</font>
I don't mind earlier since these 2 weeks, my girl is having school holidays.

<font color="0000ff">Mummies</font>
Do you realise sometimes the world seems to see us as ALIENS for being SAHMs. Especially there is a growing trend in hiring maids and childcare centres.
Personally I feel most important my child and myself get to enjoy each single day, and I call this priceless!

<font color="ff0000">happened to see this post.... well-said</font>
I have a 4.5 months old baby, and a SAHM for a year. Had my Master in Edcation but still prefer to stay at home to take care of kid myself because I strongly believe in building strong foundation for our baby in the first 5-6 years or so. It's the best time ever to teach moral, social, language, and motor skills that you believe in, or you want your child to acquire. It's the best time too that they absorb the most. When you see what your baby accomplishes each day, it's the most fulfilling things compared to having a monetary career that allow you to miss the best moments of your child's life, like first walk, talk, teething, etc....
Don't have to feel guilty of having maid, she is there to help out, and you also can spend quality time with your bb or do your own things to take a break. I struggled too, but i believe that my bb is a blessing to me, and I want to provide my whole attention onto him before it's too late. They grow up fast, and before you know it, they will want to be with their peers and not you anymore. We all went thru that stage, didn't we? We can start our career anytime, but once we lose our kids, they will be lost...

I am a SAHM. Although I am not young (as I had my kid late), there are still many whom I met and told me I should be working instead of staying home looking after my son. More so when they know I had tertiary education. Although I left the job I loved 4 years ago, I didn't regret the decision and have been enjoying everyday spending quality time with my boy.

White_lady
I am staying in Blk 11, what abt you? I am a FTWM so can't join in those weekday activities.

I absolutely love being a SAHM if i have a choice man.. unfortunately at this point of time, it's just not possible.. i'm counting down to the SAHM time.. haha.. only those who hv no kids will wonder if quitting a high paying job is worth it..

Sunny,
what's MTB?? Blk 200 is both infantcare n toddlers but they r in separate rooms. nursery n K classes is in blk 201 i think. My baby is at Blk 200 infantcare. She's doing well there n very close to her teacher. there r abt 7-8bb with 2 trs n 1 auntie. not sure if they have vacancies still, can check for u.. when r u planning to return to work?

i tried finding a nanny at my blk but dun hv.. checked out NTUC in central.. not too bad but compared to this one, i think this is nearer to me n prefer the environment. din check out SAFRA n the one at HDB Hub.

my hubby n i felt safer to leave the bb in infantcare than nanny cos we won't koe how nanny is treating her.. so far v happy with the tr who's very familiar with my bb's pattern.. she's firm n patient lor..
happy.gif

wher r u staying huh?

Doris
Oh ya, especially my ils have always against the idea of me being a SAHM.
Haha, maybe they feel heart-pain that my hb has to work so hard.... hee hee!
Despite my hb and I explain to them, they simply don't get the message.
And for the fact, my mil has always been a SAHM.
But because of the society, a lot of people are wondering why we choose to be SAHMs with more freedom and time, and yet we choose to give up our careers for our children.

Back