Support group - Miscarriages

Wow 2 cycles seem such a long time, especially since need to wait for period to come back naturally which might take 4 to 6 weeks? Do you know if it is a general TCM advice or it is based on each person’s body constitution?

I think it's just a general advice overall. I was in Melbourne when my MC happened, and the gynae there also advised about 2 cycles.

But then again, there are also many women who have tried immediately and have gone on to have successful pregnancies.

Hello, I had a miscarriage at 2018 Dec, at week 8. Gynae mentioned to wait for 2 months. Apparently, there is a saying that we are quite fertile after miscarriage. Can easily get pregnant and I did. The miscarriage was heartbreaking but I got pregnant naturally within 6 months (in 2019) & now another bun in oven (2020). Hope this sharing makes you feel better.

Hi Ocho, thanks for sharing! Yes, it definitely makes me feel more positive that we can have a rainbow baby soon. I did see posts of ladies getting preggy within a few months of miscarriage. I also saw those who had to try for almost a year to get another baby. I really hope hubby and I won’t fall into the latter group.

Did you do/ eat anything after miscarriage to get preggy again?

No I did not use OPK. My gynae gave the green light to have sexual intercourse after 2 weeks of my D&E procedure. So we did it without thinking too much and I only found out I was pregnant during my miscarriage review at the hospital 2 weeks later.

I ordered confinement food for two weeks. Had plenty of rest and avoided cold drinks and cold food(salad, sashimi, ice cream) even after my confinement. I think conditioning your body for the pregnancy is really important.

Wow you are really lucky! It’s like a blessing from above to give you a beautifiul surprise during your miscarriage review. My review is on this fri. I only hope doc will tell me everything is ok, all the tissues have been passed out and I don’t need to go for a D&C, and that I can try again this current cycle. But I’m not hopeful she will give green light to try this current cycle. She seems to be the more cautious type

Yea on hindsight, maybe I should have ordered confinement food also. But hubby and I were in such a shock. We didn’t really feel more normal until these 2 days.

I think it's just a general advice overall. I was in Melbourne when my MC happened, and the gynae there also advised about 2 cycles.

But then again, there are also many women who have tried immediately and have gone on to have successful pregnancies.

Yes, that might be true. Maybe I’m more paranoid. While I want to try and be preggy again asap, I also don’t want to endanger the baby. Like what if I get pregnant, but my body was not ready/recovered, then I lose it again. The emotional pain would be tremendous. So I’m hoping to get checked by the doc during my review and hopefully get green light from her.

Sorry not sure if you have shared before, did it take long for you to be preggy again? I heard that within 6 months the chances of getting preggy is higher

Hi,

I came across this mc support group and would like to share that I had a miscarriage recently after went for first ultrasound scan at 8w last Saturday. Doc told my husband & I that I had a miscarriage as there was no heartbeat and the baby stopped growing at 6w. My mind went blank on that day when dr asked if I want to go for medical or surgical procedure to terminate the pregnancy. I told her to go for medical so she gave me pills to expel the tissue. She said age is the risk factor as I am 40 yrs old and encouraged us to try again. I always thought that bleeding will lead to mc. There were no symptons at all. Trying to cope physically and emotionally. Time will heal.

Hi,

I came across this mc support group and would like to share that I had a miscarriage recently after went for first ultrasound scan at 8w last Saturday. Doc told my husband & I that I had a miscarriage as there was no heartbeat and the baby stopped growing at 6w. My mind went blank on that day when dr asked if I want to go for medical or surgical procedure to terminate the pregnancy. I told her to go for medical so she gave me pills to expel the tissue. She said age is the risk factor as I am 40 yrs old and encouraged us to try again. I always thought that bleeding will lead to mc. There were no symptons at all. Trying to cope physically and emotionally. Time will heal.

Hi Tiff, I went thru e exact same situation as you last week. Baby also stopped developing at 6 weeks and I still had my pregnancy symptoms. Might be also due to the progesterone that my doc was giving me.

I also went thru medical miscarriage, which was the worst! I had bad contractions, vomiting and diarrhoea. Not sure if you had those side effects too. Did your doc mention when you can start trying again? I’m going back for review this week and I hope my gynae tells me I can try again this cycle

Hi Tiff, I went thru e exact same situation as you last week. Baby also stopped developing at 6 weeks and I still had my pregnancy symptoms. Might be also due to the progesterone that my doc was giving me.

I also went thru medical miscarriage, which was the worst! I had bad contractions, vomiting and diarrhoea. Not sure if you had those side effects too. Did your doc mention when you can start trying again? I’m going back for review this week and I hope my gynae tells me I can try again this cycle

Hi,

I had bad contractions on & off but no vomitting and diarrhoea. The medicine makes my emotions irrational at times probably due to hormonal changes. I tend to break down at times.

My review is tomorrow. Hopefully, Doc will say that everything is fine and there are no tissues left.

I will also ask Doc when will be the right time to try again.

We will recover soon from this. Take good care and build up our health.

Hi Ocho, thanks for sharing! Yes, it definitely makes me feel more positive that we can have a rainbow baby soon. I did see posts of ladies getting preggy within a few months of miscarriage. I also saw those who had to try for almost a year to get another baby. I really hope hubby and I won’t fall into the latter group.

Did you do/ eat anything after miscarriage to get preggy again?

No, I didn't do anything extra. Did not do confinement post miscarriage. Rested my womb for 2 months as per gynae's advice and also did a normal follow up on check with gynae after the 2 months.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry to hear about that. I had miscarriage on the first appointment (wk 8) with gynae. It was heartbreaking as I was excited for my first pregnancy scan. The gynae noted no heartbeat and predicted natural miscarriage to happen within the day and did not recommended medical nor surgical procedure. Miscarriage did come and go that the night and my husband actually saw a small bag containing our dearest. It wasn't easy and time definitely helps both emotionally and physically.

Hi,

I had bad contractions on & off but no vomitting and diarrhoea. The medicine makes my emotions irrational at times probably due to hormonal changes. I tend to break down at times.

My review is tomorrow. Hopefully, Doc will say that everything is fine and there are no tissues left.

I will also ask Doc when will be the right time to try again.

We will recover soon from this. Take good care and build up our health.

Yes,I agree that it’s important to take care of our health so that the body is in optimal condition to get preggy again. Are you doing any confinement or anything special to care for your health during this period?

I’m only doing the usual stuff I do to prepare for preggy, no cold food and drinks, no ‘liang’ food, cut down on caffeine, try to sleep earlier, don’t catch chills and try to eat balanced meals, especially with meat. On top of this, ever since mmc, I blow dry my hair immediately after washing. I read on tcm website that cannot allow wet hair to air dry during this period as it is not good for the body. I also been drinking chicken Essence every other day. Not sure if I should be doing more?

No, I didn't do anything extra. Did not do confinement post miscarriage. Rested my womb for 2 months as per gynae's advice and also did a normal follow up on check with gynae after the 2 months.

You got preggy within 4 of months of trying, after resting 2 months? I truly wish I can get preggy ASAP, I keep getting triggered and feeling sad when I see pregnant mommies, babies or when I hear news of others around me getting pregnant or giving birth. It would remind me of the baby that should be 9.5 weeks now :(

Yes,I agree that it’s important to take care of our health so that the body is in optimal condition to get preggy again. Are you doing any confinement or anything special to care for your health during this period?

I’m only doing the usual stuff I do to prepare for preggy, no cold food and drinks, no ‘liang’ food, cut down on caffeine, try to sleep earlier, don’t catch chills and try to eat balanced meals, especially with meat. On top of this, ever since mmc, I blow dry my hair immediately after washing. I read on tcm website that cannot allow wet hair to air dry during this period as it is not good for the body. I also been drinking chicken Essence every other day. Not sure if I should be doing more?

Yes, I ordered 14 days of confinement meals starting next Monday. I also avoid cold drinks and coffee for now.

Just went for review. Doc said that there is still a small tissue that needs to expel so she gave a pill for insertion. She also gave medicine to improve egg quality and advised to try again after the next menstrual cycle. She also advised that I need to do blood test for health screening when the cycle starts.

Sorry to hear about that. I had miscarriage on the first appointment (wk 8) with gynae. It was heartbreaking as I was excited for my first pregnancy scan. The gynae noted no heartbeat and predicted natural miscarriage to happen within the day and did not recommended medical nor surgical procedure. Miscarriage did come and go that the night and my husband actually saw a small bag containing our dearest. It wasn't easy and time definitely helps both emotionally and physically.

Hi,
May I ask how long did you take to recover both emotionally and physically, and how long did you take to try to conceive?

Yes, I ordered 14 days of confinement meals starting next Monday. I also avoid cold drinks and coffee for now.

Just went for review. Doc said that there is still a small tissue that needs to expel so she gave a pill for insertion. She also gave medicine to improve egg quality and advised to try again after the next menstrual cycle. She also advised that I need to do blood test for health screening when the cycle starts.

Hi Tiff, thanks for sharing. What medicine is that? Is it Clomid or letrozole? Is the blood test for the medicine?

Hi,
May I ask how long did you take to recover both emotionally and physically, and how long did you take to try to conceive?

Hi,

Emotionally was about 1 month. We decided to put the scans in cupboard beside the bed (not visible) - I think it helps. Less sad

Physically was 6 months after miscarriage. First two months had a rest.

Hi. I’m new here.

I have lost my baby on 21st October 2020. He was 24 weeks plus, went for a scan due to lack of foetus movement, and found out that baby do not have anymore heartbeat.

Went through induced labour to deliver, it was so emotionally draining, we will always remember our angel baby.

Ladies out there, do not give up. Miracles do happen. Stay strong!

Hi. I’m new here.

I have lost my baby on 21st October 2020. He was 24 weeks plus, went for a scan due to lack of foetus movement, and found out that baby do not have anymore heartbeat.

Went through induced labour to deliver, it was so emotionally draining, we will always remember our angel baby.

I am so sorry to hear this. It must be really tough and my thoughts are with your family. Meanwhile please take good care of yourself. A big hug to you.

Hi. I’m new here.

Hi Rainbow, I’m so sorry this happened to you. Mind if I ask, did doc mention why this happened? I had a mmc at 8 weeks, doc told me after 1st trimester usually baby will be quite ‘safe’.

Hi Rainbow, I’m so sorry this happened to you. Mind if I ask, did doc mention why this happened? I had a mmc at 8 weeks, doc told me after 1st trimester usually baby will be quite ‘safe’.

We are still waiting for the post mortem result to be out in 8 weeks time.

Did all first trimester test, detailed 20 weeks scan. Results all came out perfect.
Doctor says there’s always unknown reasons to mc, there is a 50% reasons known and 50% unknown reasons, just need to wait for the results.

We are still waiting for the post mortem result to be out in 8 weeks time.

Did all first trimester test, detailed 20 weeks scan. Results all came out perfect.
Doctor says there’s always unknown reasons to mc, there is a 50% reasons known and 50% unknown reasons, just need to wait for the results.

Hope the results will bring you some closure. Hang in there!

Hi Rainbow,

Sorry about your loss. Just had a second pregnancy loss in Oct similar to yours with no fetal heartbeat and normal scans/ tests (first at 20 wks and second at 30 wks).

heart wrenching and even traumatizing personally, hope that you get the needful rest and space for healing.

Hi Rainbow,

Sorry about your loss. Just had a second pregnancy loss in Oct similar to yours with no fetal heartbeat and normal scans/ tests (first at 20 wks and second at 30 wks).

heart wrenching and even traumatizing personally, hope that you get the needful rest and space for healing.

Hi Water16,

I’m so sorry to hear that. Hugs, I know how you feel too. You would need a good rest to heal physically and emotionally.

Don’t give up, stay strong. We will have our rainbow baby one day.

Am 6 weeks pregnant, ystd alot of bleeding and was diagnosed with threaten miscarriage.. Ystd can only see the yolk sac no feral pole yet.. Is it normal. Hope I can sustain this pregnancy. The first one the same n I had a miscarriage at week 8.

Am 6 weeks pregnant, ystd alot of bleeding and was diagnosed with threaten miscarriage.. Ystd can only see the yolk sac no feral pole yet.. Is it normal. Hope I can sustain this pregnancy. The first one the same n I had a miscarriage at week 8.
Are you with any Dr? You can monitor in a week or two. Good luck, and hope all is well. For now, keep talking to your bb, and ask bb to be strong.

Hi, new here. i just had my 3rd consecutive miscarriage. i saw that there is a clinic in KKH for recurring miscarriages...do i just get a referral letter from polyclinic? for my 2nd miscarriage, it was due to a Chromosome issue. Baby gal had Turner's syndrome.

Was wondering, if me and my hub go for genetic testing and either of us is a carrier..can IVF help to pick the better egg?

Hi, new here. i just had my 3rd consecutive miscarriage. i saw that there is a clinic in KKH for recurring miscarriages...do i just get a referral letter from polyclinic? for my 2nd miscarriage, it was due to a Chromosome issue. Baby gal had Turner's syndrome.

Was wondering, if me and my hub go for genetic testing and either of us is a carrier..can IVF help to pick the better egg?

Hope you are recovering well. you can go to polyclinic as a subsidised pt to KKH, which will be helpful in terms of cost if you need to go for multiple testings for you and your husband. wrt IVF, i think they will do the testings to advise abt your future pregnancy plans before suggesting if you need to consider ivf.

not sure if you will be referred to the high risk obs clinic / fertility clinic but you can highlight to the referring polyclinic dr. I was on follow-up with the high risk obs & complicated pregnancy teams under the same team of maternal fetal obs so there’s a lot more continuity and follow up - even when i go to urgent o&g, they called up my obs to consult and align their care plans.

all the best!

Hope you are recovering well. you can go to polyclinic as a subsidised pt to KKH, which will be helpful in terms of cost if you need to go for multiple testings for you and your husband. wrt IVF, i think they will do the testings to advise abt your future pregnancy plans before suggesting if you need to consider ivf.

not sure if you will be referred to the high risk obs clinic / fertility clinic but you can highlight to the referring polyclinic dr. I was on follow-up with the high risk obs & complicated pregnancy teams under the same team of maternal fetal obs so there’s a lot more continuity and follow up - even when i go to urgent o&g, they called up my obs to consult and align their care plans.

all the best!

Thanks for the advise! =)

Hi all, I'm 25 this year.

I am currently miscarrying, was 7 weeks pregnant. Went thru natural miscarriage, heavy bleeding and discharging big clots and tissues in End Oct - Early Nov (lasted for 2 weeks), went for a review at KK in Mid Nov and was told that there was still some remaining tissues in the womb, so was given pills to expel from my body.. so heavy bleeding and discharging clots and tissues in mid Nov (bleeding non stop for two weeks when the Dr told me that bleeding would stop after one week from pill insertion). So I went for the D&C procedure to remove the tissue on 21 Nov.. bleeding has stopped, but I still see some blood tissues in my urine this few days.. will be going for another review next week.. I also have very bad backache which I don't have in the past.. will this backache eventually stop?

I was wondering if anybody has similar experience, when will one eventually stop bleeding and passing out tissue, or what should I do?

Hi all, I'm 25 this year.

I am currently miscarrying, was 7 weeks pregnant. Went thru natural miscarriage, heavy bleeding and discharging big clots and tissues in End Oct - Early Nov (lasted for 2 weeks), went for a review at KK in Mid Nov and was told that there was still some remaining tissues in the womb, so was given pills to expel from my body.. so heavy bleeding and discharging clots and tissues in mid Nov (bleeding non stop for two weeks when the Dr told me that bleeding would stop after one week from pill insertion). So I went for the D&C procedure to remove the tissue on 21 Nov.. bleeding has stopped, but I still see some blood tissues in my urine this few days.. will be going for another review next week.. I also have very bad backache which I don't have in the past.. will this backache eventually stop?

I was wondering if anybody has similar experience, when will one eventually stop bleeding and passing out tissue, or what should I do?

hi, i just had a d&c early this month at week 13. although i did not have really bad backache but i did have bad headaches and aching in the lower back. Headache was made worst when i had direct wind blowing me. In the beginning, i did not thought of sticking to strict confinement rules. Since i never really believed in it.

But my body just couldnt take the chill and started giving me problems after the d&c. Then i decided to do a mini confinement and stayed home for 2 weeks. Had confinement food, tonics and massages. I feel alot better and all the aching reduced.

perhaps u should keep your body warm as your body is weak now. Try to eat warm food only if can, stay home as much as possible and not get wind. Or at least cover up when u head out. Weather is cold recently, so be mindful about it. Focus on your recovery for now.

hi, i just had a d&c early this month at week 13. although i did not have really bad backache but i did have bad headaches and aching in the lower back. Headache was made worst when i had direct wind blowing me. In the beginning, i did not thought of sticking to strict confinement rules. Since i never really believed in it.

But my body just couldnt take the chill and started giving me problems after the d&c. Then i decided to do a mini confinement and stayed home for 2 weeks. Had confinement food, tonics and massages. I feel alot better and all the aching reduced.

perhaps u should keep your body warm as your body is weak now. Try to eat warm food only if can, stay home as much as possible and not get wind. Or at least cover up when u head out. Weather is cold recently, so be mindful about it. Focus on your recovery for now.

Hi Twinkle,

Thanks for your sharing! I am having some of the experience you shared! As per my mom and sis, I need to and have been doing the mini confinement. But this few days when weather is so cold, I experience the cold chills in my hand when I sleep at night (I cover my whole body under the thick quilt but my hand tend to "escape" the blanket).

I was wondering if you can share where to get the massage? Perhaps it would help with my backache.

Hi Twinkle,

Thanks for your sharing! I am having some of the experience you shared! As per my mom and sis, I need to and have been doing the mini confinement. But this few days when weather is so cold, I experience the cold chills in my hand when I sleep at night (I cover my whole body under the thick quilt but my hand tend to "escape" the blanket).

I was wondering if you can share where to get the massage? Perhaps it would help with my backache.

Good that u have help!
And yes u sound like what experienced too. I had really bad nightsweats the first 2 weeks. sweating and shivering even though i sleep without aircon! Never ever in my life i sleep without aircon... i was basically living in a sauna all day. No windows were even open yet i was freezing.. thats when i realised i need to do more to protect my body. U try to wear cotton long sleeve n pants to sleep. And socks at all times!

for the massage, u can pm me for the contact.

Hello ladies!
May I know if anyone here bled and resulted in MC? I’m bleeding for 3 days..

Hi Roxy, i have been bleeding for one month before I visited the doctors.. didn't know I was pregnant at that time, just thought that I was stressed.
It eventually led to MC even when the doctors gave me hormones med to sustain the pregnancy.

Hi Roxy, i have been bleeding for one month before I visited the doctors.. didn't know I was pregnant at that time, just thought that I was stressed.
It eventually led to MC even when the doctors gave me hormones med to sustain the pregnancy.

Hi thank you for your reply! Sorry I wasn’t clear, I went for my 2nd blood test ytd at kkh and was told my HCG lvl dropped and they couldn’t find anything on ultrasound. I’m asked to go back for a 3rd blood test to double confirm. I’m bleeding and there’S some tissue so I think very highly likely it’s a miscarriage. But I’m not sure when the bleeding will stop, it’s Soo excruciating..

Hi thank you for your reply! Sorry I wasn’t clear, I went for my 2nd blood test ytd at kkh and was told my HCG lvl dropped and they couldn’t find anything on ultrasound. I’m asked to go back for a 3rd blood test to double confirm. I’m bleeding and there’S some tissue so I think very highly likely it’s a miscarriage. But I’m not sure when the bleeding will stop, it’s Soo excruciating..
Would definitely advise you to go private clinics for another check too. The wait at KK is too excruciating. I waited for my appointments at KK too... End up, I lost my pregnancy, bled for 3 months and the mental stress was too much for me to bear.

I had a very bad miscarriage experience at KK. Was 5-6 weeks pregnant and bleeding too.. was given med and waited until 8th week to for another appt to follow up. At that time, they told me the fetus was not growing and I'll end up miscarrying. My husband and me wanted to take the pills to induce the miscarriage so that I could properly rest and recover, but the doctor advised against it. So thinking that KK was the expert here, we listened.. and I had very heavy miscarriage bleeding for over 20 days.. and the tissue was not expelled fully too.. eventually I went for a D&C surgery to remove everything and had stopped bleeding and side effects on the 4th day.

Would definitely advise you to go private clinics for another check too. The wait at KK is too excruciating. I waited for my appointments at KK too... End up, I lost my pregnancy, bled for 3 months and the mental stress was too much for me to bear.

I had a very bad miscarriage experience at KK. Was 5-6 weeks pregnant and bleeding too.. was given med and waited until 8th week to for another appt to follow up. At that time, they told me the fetus was not growing and I'll end up miscarrying. My husband and me wanted to take the pills to induce the miscarriage so that I could properly rest and recover, but the doctor advised against it. So thinking that KK was the expert here, we listened.. and I had very heavy miscarriage bleeding for over 20 days.. and the tissue was not expelled fully too.. eventually I went for a D&C surgery to remove everything and had stopped bleeding and side effects on the 4th day.
May I know how do you check if the tissue was fully expelled? The doctor at KKH gave me 0 advice. I told her I was bleeding and she said just let it bleed. Ultrasound scan shows no gestational sac. So I’m not sure where the bleeding comes from. When I asked her, she said she doesn’t know where it is. So my womb is empty? I’m really not sure what’s happening.
I think I will visit a gynae tmr.
Did the gynae do ultrasound and blood test? So many repetitive tests + waiting time and the bills are so expensive, yet there’s no baby. Sigh..

Sorry i dont have much advise on what u are going though. I dont hv experience with public hospital. But perhaps u should visit a private gynae to avoid the wait and check if the tissues have been expelled so u can focus on recovery as soon as possible.

Do a mini confinement and take care of your body as it has went through a great deal in a short time.

Sorry i dont have much advise on what u are going though. I dont hv experience with public hospital. But perhaps u should visit a private gynae to avoid the wait and check if the tissues have been expelled so u can focus on recovery as soon as possible.

Do a mini confinement and take care of your body as it has went through a great deal in a short time.
Thank you I will do that :)

May I know how do you check if the tissue was fully expelled? The doctor at KKH gave me 0 advice. I told her I was bleeding and she said just let it bleed. Ultrasound scan shows no gestational sac. So I’m not sure where the bleeding comes from. When I asked her, she said she doesn’t know where it is. So my womb is empty? I’m really not sure what’s happening.
I think I will visit a gynae tmr.
Did the gynae do ultrasound and blood test? So many repetitive tests + waiting time and the bills are so expensive, yet there’s no baby. Sigh..

Hi Roxy,

Yesssss, I feel you too. The doctors at KK didn't explain to me what's happening too. But my pregnant friends told me some of them had light spotting all the way during their pregnancy and still managed to give birth (their private gynae told them that it was normal, but they did asked for routine jabs that would help keep the pregnancy).

I did HCG Blood test, ultrasound and probe (as I was estimated to be 5 weeks and the fetus was too small to be seen thru U/S) - when I was still pregnant.
Meanwhile back home, I experienced bleeding and cramping for 2.5 weeks before I was scheduled for a follow up appt. When the advise from the doc was 1.5weeks - 2 weeks to see them again.
*Side note: additionally, I went to a private clinic at the 2week mark when I first visited KK. They told me straight away that the pregnancy would not miscarriage and advise me to do surgery to remove so I can rest and recover quickly

The second time I went kk, they told me that the pregnancy would not develop and I would miscarriage. They told me I would bleed for 7 days only.. and told me to come back for a review, 1 week later. And as usual, appointment was scheduled 2 weeks later as there was no available timing.

The 3rd time I went back for the review, we did scans and the doctor told us that there was still residue. So I was given med to insert into my vagina and wait for 7 days before it totally clear. But I was still bleeding on the 11th day... But my follow up review was 3 weeks later....
So I went back to the private clinic, explained the whole timeline for the private gynae and was "scolded" for being so late. As miscarriage process usually would complete within 2 weeks (so that the infection rate will be low), but mine was dragging beyond the 3-weeks mark. So I will have a higher risk of infection and it may affect my womb, so I may have higher chance of not being able to carry the pregnancy.

Currently it's my 2nd week after the D&C surgery and I finally feel better mentally as the private gynae explained to me what would happen and what I can expect.. the private gynae also gave me advise on what is abnormal and when I should revisit the doctor if I experience these problems again.

So.. if you're financially doing ok, I would propose you to go to a private gynae for a check. As I feel they would spend time to explain to you and help you understand.

And... In the end, we spent more at KK as compared to the gynae.

Are u feeling better now? The sweating and shivers better managed? Hope all is better for u

Hi Roxy,

Yesssss, I feel you too. The doctors at KK didn't explain to me what's happening too. But my pregnant friends told me some of them had light spotting all the way during their pregnancy and still managed to give birth (their private gynae told them that it was normal, but they did asked for routine jabs that would help keep the pregnancy).

I did HCG Blood test, ultrasound and probe (as I was estimated to be 5 weeks and the fetus was too small to be seen thru U/S) - when I was still pregnant.
Meanwhile back home, I experienced bleeding and cramping for 2.5 weeks before I was scheduled for a follow up appt. When the advise from the doc was 1.5weeks - 2 weeks to see them again.
*Side note: additionally, I went to a private clinic at the 2week mark when I first visited KK. They told me straight away that the pregnancy would not miscarriage and advise me to do surgery to remove so I can rest and recover quickly

The second time I went kk, they told me that the pregnancy would not develop and I would miscarriage. They told me I would bleed for 7 days only.. and told me to come back for a review, 1 week later. And as usual, appointment was scheduled 2 weeks later as there was no available timing.

The 3rd time I went back for the review, we did scans and the doctor told us that there was still residue. So I was given med to insert into my vagina and wait for 7 days before it totally clear. But I was still bleeding on the 11th day... But my follow up review was 3 weeks later....
So I went back to the private clinic, explained the whole timeline for the private gynae and was "scolded" for being so late. As miscarriage process usually would complete within 2 weeks (so that the infection rate will be low), but mine was dragging beyond the 3-weeks mark. So I will have a higher risk of infection and it may affect my womb, so I may have higher chance of not being able to carry the pregnancy.

Currently it's my 2nd week after the D&C surgery and I finally feel better mentally as the private gynae explained to me what would happen and what I can expect.. the private gynae also gave me advise on what is abnormal and when I should revisit the doctor if I experience these problems again.

So.. if you're financially doing ok, I would propose you to go to a private gynae for a check. As I feel they would spend time to explain to you and help you understand.

And... In the end, we spent more at KK as compared to the gynae.
I’m glad you’re feeling better mentally now. The emotonal pain is worse than physical pain (cramping and bleeding). Thank you so much for your replies, at least now I have a better understanding of what to expect now.
I will schedule for an appt tmr and see how it goes. Let’s jiayou together!

I’m glad you’re feeling better mentally now. The emotonal pain is worse than physical pain (cramping and bleeding). Thank you so much for your replies, at least now I have a better understanding of what to expect now.

Hope u get treated quickly! Jia you and keep your feet and body warm from now! Wear socks and jacket. Weather is cold recently.

Are u feeling better now? The sweating and shivers better managed? Hope all is better for u

Yea! I've been following the mini confinement rules and certainly helped a lot.

Even thou I haven't get the response from the massage, but I've been going for normal massage and it helps a little with the backaches. :)

Yea, jiayou! And remember don't stress!

Hello ladies, may I know how to reach the whatsapp group? I'm looking for feedback about KKH recurrent pregnancy loss clinic, Prof. Choolani and Dr. Sheila. I had 3 miscarriages last year and I am looking for some expert help! Thank you

Hello ladies, may I know how to reach the whatsapp group? I'm looking for feedback about KKH recurrent pregnancy loss clinic, Prof. Choolani and Dr. Sheila. I had 3 miscarriages last year and I am looking for some expert help! Thank you

Hello

Prof Choolani, back in 2020, had stopped taking in new patients due to COVID.

Dr Vasoo is no longer at the clinic, she is currently in private practice, running her own clinic at Mt E Novena.

Btw, they are/were both at NUH, not KKH. Prof Biswas is a good alternative to Prof Choolani.

Another option is Dr Ann Tan at Mt E Orchard.

HTH

Back