Support group - Miscarriages

Ling, i didn't do anything for the 4th pregnancy... everything as per normal lor, oni dat i have to take progesterone and aspirin. i was lucky to have no morning sickness and it was a very smooth sailing pregnancy with oni one frightening event of red spotting during wk7. i even went Hkg+Macau for a period of 9 days for company meeting+own holiday during wk9. my frens and colleagues were wondering where i got all the energy coz i had to keep climbing stairs in the office (located on 3rd floor of shophouse + showroom on 4th floor). i even went sentosa just a week (wk38) before i pop. my hubby had to keep nagging mi to rest more.

i have PCOS and it affected my ovulation, all my 4 pregnancies were conceived with the help of clomid. my gynea even said clomid will increase the risk of miscarriage. so everyday i keep praying to Goddess of Mercy to bless my bb.. but i get paranoid easily when bb is lazy to kick.. keep asking my hubby n sis if bb is ok anot to the extend dat my sis was really pissed off with mi.. lolx.. u koe la.. M/C 3 times liao confirm super paranoid one.. even nw bb arrive liao i still paranoid lor.

with M/C history, ur gynea will sure prescribed additional medication on top of vitamins to help sustain the pregnancy. so stay positive k!

Thanks Reineluv, u will pass this phrase!
happy.gif

Hi BluBeri,

For all my 3 pregnancies my gynae prescribed me with progesterone but somehow still MC... sigh.. I have started taking baby aspirn for a month now and going to try for my next cycle.

I have gotten pregnant on my own for the last 3 without clomid and to think I was wondering if I should take it as some of the girls say it can shorten ovulation. Hopefully I become another success story because it is so painful for us to have and lose it so easily.

Thanks for the pep talk! You are like god sent! =)

Ling, clomid does regulate period so that u will ovulate on time. but do note dat period cramps would also be stronger than usual, not forgetting higher risk of M/C. perhaps u can check with ur gynea for opinion.

Thanks Lynn & mildstrawberry!
happy.gif

Lynn,

Baby Asprin is to thin the blood to prevent blood clot. Anyway this is almost standard protocol if anyone miscarry more than twice in UK or US... no harm from taking baby asprin because the effect is too weak to create reliance or addiction but also crucial enough should anyone have issues with blood clotting this will help it.

If the baby aspirn still fails.. USA protocol will recommend steriod pills in hope that it will bring down the natural killer cells. Meanwhile in UK is like on case by case basis. However steriods must have perscription from doctor as such that must be from the gynae.

Bluberi,

I checked with my regular gynae but she is not keen because she say I can ovulate and she is not convince that late ovulation will have higher chance of miscarriage thus I was thinking of going to another gynae for their opinion. However my visit to SGH O and G was much worse. Doctor just say congras you can easily get pregnant?!?!?! I am just a little jaded...

Ling, in that case perhaps u try again naturally first.. later than go to another gynea for 2nd opinion.

u so fast take aspirin? i oni took it when i was preggie n till wk32 to thin my blood.

Hi bluberi ,

My gynae told me to take a month before I want to ttc so I take it daily with folic acid...

Kiasu a bit ;)

Ling,

baby aspirin to be taken before ttc ? I just been to my gynae, she never say anything, just prescribe me folic acid and ask me try again naturally even though m/ced 3 time le.

Lynn,

I think different gynae got different protocol. Anyway just go with what ur gynae recommend everything will be fine.
happy.gif

Ling, i see.. u can take multi vitamin Obimin too.. before i TTC, i took both folic acid n Obimin and continued thruout my pregnancy. My gynea also presribed mi with NeurogainS (fish oil) during pregnancy but last trimester change to Ganilia. Nw aft giving birth, i'm taking obimin and ganilia.

I wanted to ask, does taking how many mg of folic acid matters?

cause i switched down to a lower amt of mg and away from th one bought at watson's.

Lynn,
400mg is good..perhaps u wanna try buying it from Unity pharmacy.. it's cheaper.. I think 100s for a few dollars only..
happy.gif

Bluberi,
I heard before that Obimin is given once u're preggy..so that does means we could take it while we ttcing?

TTCingBB:
thanks! I switched from 5mg as everytime after taking my skin will itch.
sad.gif
taking 2.5mg now and my skin stopped itching. so wondering if take lower dosage will have any effects not.

Lynn,
never heard anyone taking folic acid will make skin itchy le.. perhaps u wanna check with your doctor? or try taking it again?
happy.gif

TTCingBB: yah! I find it very weird also. gynae says i'm probably allergic to something in that particular brand of folic acid. since now change le, don't have this prob already. but buying from gynae costs $7.50 a month..... for 30 ..

Hi all
I just came back from my check up yesterday 10 days after my D&C operation.
It seems that my womb is not clean yet. As per gynae there is still blood in the womb. He presribe me Norethisterone to induce menses. I feel like i am going crazy now. I thought D&C will make the womb clean?

Hi Bibi,

Sorry to hear that.. Can dispel just by the medication? If yes than I think you should be fine... small matter dont let it brood you. Must get your heath ready to TTC soon =)

There isnt anything we can do about it so look forward. Time will make everything better... I promise =)

Lynn,
perhaps u can try the unity brand and see how.. else u can enquire more at the pharmacy at unity.. I did try GNC folic acid before changing to unity..
happy.gif

Hi Ling,

Thanks.
Hopefully can dispel by medication. Need to wait 2 weeks and see if the menses come and clear everything at one go. Trying to relax and think more positively now.

Hi Bibi

Gd you found out earlier. After my D&C, i didn't go back for follow up as I thot this was my 2nd MC and I knew what to expect. I went back to my gynae about 1 mth later as my period seems to come on and off. We found out that I had blood clot and I have to undergo another D&C to clear off the clot *sob*

Hi girls

For 3 of my mcs I was really lucky that I cleared them with no problem.. I don't know if it was the herbs I get from tcm to drink.. They call it "sheng Hua tang" ...apparently it help to discharge residue leftover in the womb.

BB maybe you might want to try it?

Hi girls,

Yah, Ling is right. My TCM also gave me something to drink to clear everything. She mentioned that sometimes they don't scrape it properly, if you don't clear it, your menses could be disrupted.

Hi paws,ling, reinluv,

I have started the medication last Saturday. After taking this medication, as per doctor, will not have discharge until 2 weeks later. In detail how it works i also don't know as that time, my mind go blank. But i had some discharge on Sat and Sunday after taking the medicine and called the gynae ( only the staff answer call, never has a chance to talk to gynae). Only ask me to continue the medicine and if still have discharge for > 1 week then only contact them.
Basically, i dare not take any TCM medicine now as i have started the western medication. Afraid of conflict. Also,during last visit in gynae , he asked me not to eat Dang gui. So imgine, now , i don't even dare to eat any herb soup to "bu" myself except red dates tea.
Paws, i really scare to go through another D&C. Did the doctor last time prescribe you any pill to dispel the blood ?
Reineluv, Ling, which TCM you went to?

Bibi,

for my case, is TCM gave me some tonics to bu and make sure everything clean. the bleeding stops like 2-3days after D&C in my case. only had once where there was still blood when went back to gynae to check up, she only mentioned to me that the body will disperse the blood by itself, and quite true i had a bit of spotting right after the visit and everything cleaned up.

Did your gynae tell you that there's still alot of blood left inside etc??

Hi bibi,

I go to dr zou at AMK...however I think sheng Hua tang is pretty standard stuff and won't interfere with the medicine that your gynae prescribed as long you take a few hours in between.

Don't stress too much I am sure eveything will work out.

Hi all,

Gynae mentioned some blood and straight gave me this medicine. I really hope it will go away by itself. He asked me if i want to TTC again after 1st cycle, i said i am not ready and started to get a bit emotional and cry. So, stupid me, didn't manage to ask him how much blood left. But i read a book borrowed from library, it mention if miscarriage and did D&C,the HCG level take around 10days to drop to zero from the surgery day, if HCG level not drop, our body still think baby in there and the recovery will not kick in . So, i am wondering is it because the follow up check is too early exact 10 days after D&C. Anyway, i will wait 2 weeks and see. If still not clear, i will consult TCM and 2nd gynae opinion. Meanwhile, i will relax relax and relax. Anyway, back to work this week , so kind of busy too. Better for me, no time to think so much. Thanks so much for all your sharing and support. Means a lot to me.

Hi bibi,

just to let you know I spotted up to 20 days after d and c but my gynae say the womb was clear. The spotting occur because hormones not stabilized hence will cont to spot. So you don't have to be exceptional worried. However if you start to have fever must go to the gynae immediately as most likely infection. Otherwise your body shoeld be capable to dispel the blood.

Just curious who is your gynae

Special Packages for TTC ladies!

Faith Pack @ SGD$65.00 includes:
1 set of Basal Thermometer
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant (You can choose either Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)
25 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)
5 pcs of Home Pregnancy Test Kits (HPT)

You save 15%!

Hope Pack @ SGD$55.00 includes:
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant (You can choose either Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)

You save 15%!

Belief Pack @ SGD30.50 includes:
35 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)
10 pcs of Home Pregnancy Test Kits (HPT)

You save 19%!

BBDust Pack @ SGD$20.50 includes:

You save 18%!

Lucky Pack @ SGD$10.50 includes:
10 pcs of Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)

You save 16%!

Desire Pack @ SGD$54.00 includes:
25 midstream Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK)
5 midstream Home Pregnancy Test Kits (HPT)

You save 13%!

All packages include free normal mail postage within Singapore. All products are imported from UK Leading Provider!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ala Carte Menu:
1 set of Basal Thermometer @ SGD$12.00
1 tube of sperm friendly lubricant @ SGD40.00 (Your choice of Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus)
1 pc of OPK/ HPT @ SGD0.80 (no minimum order)
1 pc of midstream OPK/ HPT @ SGD$2.07

All Ala Carte items pricing are inclusive of normal mail postage charges within Singapore.

***********************************************************************************

Pre-Order for Basal Thermometer and midstream OPK/ HPT is required.

Ready stock for Pre-Seed, Conceive Plus, Ovulation Prediction Kits (OPK) and Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT) are available.

Packages will be mailed out to you the next working day once payment is received and validated.

Each pack of Pre-Seed contains a 40gm tube of lubricant with 9 single-use applicators which you can apply the sufficient amount of lubricant that you need. You can also opt to apply Pre-Seed without using the applicators. This is more cost efficient as compared to the 6 pre-filled applicators of Pre-Seed you get from local pharmacies.

Each pack of Conceive Plus contains 75g tube of lubricant, sufficient for 10+ uses. You can only find Conceive Plus in selected gynaes' clinics and is not available in local pharmacies. Buy from Baby Dust Shop with minimal efforts!

Preferred bank transfer is POSB/ DBS. Please provide transaction reference for easier validating of payment.

For added security, you can opt for registered mail which cost an additional of SGD$2.24.

Contact me at [email protected] for any queries or orders.

Visit http://babydustshop.blogspot.com for more details.

Hi girls, new to this topics. I did my IVF for the first and it fails. But i was wondering, my menses did not come as much as before and until now, i still feel cramping at my abdomen. Feel very heavy. Dont know if it is consider normal.

Hi bibi, no medication prescribed to me. i guess my gynae didn't want me to wait further fear of infection as i only went back to him about a mth after my d&c. Went for another d&c the next day to clear up. Did your gynae scan you? you shld be able to see a clot if there is any.
For your case, don't worry, you went for follow up early and your med should make it go away soon. My gynae also ask if i took any danggui which i did not.

hi ladies, supp to have my Menses but hor, it's like on and off and it's like spotting and brownish discharge. IS it even considered as menses? :S

Hi cosybabylove,

How long after your D and C? I think it is just spotting and not the real period. I spotted off and on and when it did finally came.. it was like slightly heavier (for me)

Hey girls

Was wondering if anyone is interested in trying Royal Jelly with Bee Pollen in Honey to try and improve the quality of the egg?

http://www.iherb.com/Y-S-Organic-Bee-Farms-Royal-Jelly-Pollen-in-Honey-24-oz-680-g/23663?at=0

I am at this point just so sick of this recurrent miscarriage thingy and I want to make sure I attain the best egg health asap. I am going to buy and was wondering if anyone like to join in the fast spree. I will do a direct DHL so we can start.

I am encourage by it because I saw quite a few success stories in the foreign miscarriage threads etc and esp since this is natural and they were highly promoting this.

Let me know or PM me... =)

Hi Lux
it has been slightly more than a mth. So by right this is the time for the menses to come. Still on and off spotting. Today seems nothing.

Hi Bibi,
my blood stopped on 2nd day after D&C. When I went back for checkup because of my cramps, gynae said that my womb is clean.

I went to the TCM only 2 weeks after my D&C, she mentioned that I should have gone earlier, but it's still fine. So she gave me powder to mix into medicine to drink everyday. By my 1st period, she asked me to observe the blood, if it's fresh red, dark, are there clots and such and also my bloating and cramps.

Now, I go to her every week, then every week I will get a bottle of powder back to drink as medicine. She claims that the medicine are for me to 'bu xue' and her clients, after taking for 3 months, gets more energetic and rosy looking. Can't attest for that cos it have yet to occur on my end, but i've been seeing her for almost 3 mths. I do see a difference in my period flow though.
She has also given me green light to start conceiving and to let her know if I've done it successfully so she can change the medicine accordingly.

She's not too bad, she's at Clementi Ave 2, Dr Monica Chiu, 9-9 Accupuncture.

cosybaby,

1 month is nothing.. my period took almost 3 months to come after D and C! Throughout the 3 months I had light spotting here and there and from what I read it is not period and is the body hormones going out of whack hence regulating itself. Thus spotting occurs.

dont worry! It will be fine... =)

Dear all, was looking thru the forums and saw this thread.

I had a wash about a mth ago as the baby was not growing well. have the sac, but no baby inside and thus cant detect heartbeat, so no choice had to remove it.

This was supposed to be my 2nd child but my first miscarriage. I was also very devasted as we had planned for this and at the point of time, i also questioned myself what is wrong and why it must have it been me. But i guess God allows things to happen for a reason.

May i know ard how long will the menses resume? Cant wait for mine to come as my gynae advised to try again after 2 regular cycles. Im also not familiar with the abbre used. What is D&C? Is that the wash?

Aniwae, i didnt know that after the miscarriage, we still need to do a mini confinement. I carried on as normal, eating fast food even. Gynae gave me multi vitamins and folic acid for next time, but i do not know when to take. I also duno how to build up my body/make the eggs healthier.

Any advise? THanks.

Hi reinluv, lux
Thanks so much for sharing ur experience. I guess I am just spotting on and off and I have kind of "wasted" so many pads. So afraid the "flood" will just come in.

Hi sther, D&C shd be the "washing". Going through the day surgery to remove the foetus from the womb. I also din noe need to do confinement one until my mom asked me to. She told me not to tk both late at nite.

After my D&C, doc never gv me any tablets leh...

Hi all! It has been quite a while since I posted here..
Saw the topic abt menses after d/c...
My menses is in mess too... Had my d/c in April, first menses one month later with normal flow, after that menses, it went missing until I've to take medicine to induce my menses.. I finish my medicne last Friday and expect my menses today, it came but with supe light flow, I do not need a pad at all.. Is this normal? I'm expecting a super heavy flow since it has trapped inside for 2 months but it was just tiny few drops..
Will I still ovulate despite my light menses? Anyone experience similar suitation?

Hi everyone,

Didn't expect to be in this side of the forum :-(

Had a natural MC. Still in distaught. Went TTSH A&E only to be sent to KKH via ambulance cos I was in bad cramps and bleeding.

Was near 6 wks pregnant when this happened and according to the doctors in KKH, was carrying twins.

Just wondering where did I mess up? My breasts were full and slightly pulling in the ovary and 5 test kits showed +ve early this mth. Then came 21st, that morning just don't feel "pregnant" and my breasts somehow don't feel that full. Then 22nd, very funny feeling of cramps which is very different from the usual "twitching" and "pulling" of the womb area.

23rd, start to bleed and somehow panic overrides me and rush myself to TTSH since its near my hse. Only to know they have to transfer me to KKH via ambulance. Make matter worse, my husband was in a biz trip in China and scheduled to return on 24th.

Bk in the KKH A&E, the male dr was nice enough but my urine test showed -ve and both of us had a question mark over our face. How can that be possible. 5 test kits, 4 different brands all taken on different days and time. And with IV drip, blood test done, only to find myself "mensturating"?? Scan done but strange enough nothing in my womb. Still, the blood test done can only find out in 3 hours time which should be back ard mn, so no medicine or anything, can only crawl bk home. Still bleeding and severe cramps throughout the night. Can't sleep as so worrying and lotsa questions to myself and waiting with great anticipation for my HCG blood test.

Next morning 24th, 8am nurses called and said my HCG is 5.8, gotta go bk KKH to do another blood test on 28th. Damn..another bloody 4 days wait.

Then husband reached SG and was worried. He's quite pissed that nothing was given to help me. Ended up a 2nd visit to KKH A&E. Had to do a US pelvic scan which took 30 mins and I never cried so much in pain. Sonographer saw 2 "jackets" left behind by my fertilized egg but no babies anywhere. This 2nd dr in the A&E was completely cold and expression-less. Just told me straight in my face...U r having miscarriage now..so what to do? U still need to wait till 28th what. Only upon request from my husband to do something, then she gave me some folic acid, progestrone pills and an hormone injection.

Then on 26th and 27th, passed out my little babies on 2 occasions. Liver like with white "nerves" like membrane. Pain and bleeding ceased from 26th onwards. Guess this is what u ladies called a "natural"?

Yesterday finally 28th. Blood test already showed that my HCG went back to normal non-pregnant stage. No bleed or cramp but lots of heartaches. Then gotta face the SAME female dr who attended to me in my 2nd A&E visit. She can still smile and said "oh..i'm sorry" like she had to say it for the sake of saying and can anyone imagine she showed me and my husband BOOBS in the consultation room itself? Here, I am feeling sooo upset and she just flipped over her long hair and suddenly in the midst of consultation, we saw her bra so damn clearly. Her V neck sweater opening are like way below her boobs and her ivory/ black satin bra are like so obvious for us to see. Think win toto also not that lucky to get her. So tempted to really give her a peace of my mind and ask her to change to appropriate dressing. A MS woman and her husband are not interested to see her boobs.

And I gotta go bk KKH for another appointment review in 2 months time and its already stressful to know I MAY get a chance to see that unprofessional dr.

Hope to ask ard if anybody ceased the bleeding and cramp after 5 days? And if anybody know here of a good gynae who is good in high risk pregnancy as I seriously don't want to go bk to KKH, particularly that female dr. Don't mind private but seems that KKH is still the best in its facilities for high risk?

Hi Blessings, im so sorry to hear that. It must be very painful for you and your hubby. Is that your first pregnancy? My gynae is Dr Wong from ACJ Clinic ( TMC) and i really like her. She helped me deliver my first boy and she is always very kind and patient. She was sympathetic and encouraging thruout my whole miscarriage ordeal. bUt the only thing is that you have to wait very long for her. But i guess good 'things' are worth the wait.

Just to update, my menses did come already (finally!) and it was realy heavy and i had bad cramps and all. Hopefully it will be back to regular cycle and i can try again.Sigh..

Hi Sther
happy that ur menses came! I wish mine can be normal again. My spotting has ended. It lasted for a week. Now i am still waiting for the moment... really dunno when it will come.

Back