Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Qing

Sorry to learn about your 2nd loss.
I too had experienced 2 D&C within 7 months, so it was very "shiong" to my body too.
My first D&C I rested 1 week and my 2nd I went to work on the following Monday with only 2 days of rest.
Due to work constraint, I was not able to rest longer. But I was feeling ok after the complete bed rest on that Sat & Sun.
You've to make a decision best suited to yourself.

hi all,
i had a natural mc recently.

Went to EYS to ask about Bai Feng Wan,

they told me that we can just follow the instructions for malnutrition after childbirth,

It should be taken after bleeding stops, one bottle daily, for several days.

hope this is helpful for those of us who needs to bu after mc.

Hi lynn
I went on Sun but she sort of prescribed the same medicine to me. It look the same to me.

Hi Yaya
My discharge take about 2-3 weeks to clear. It clear after taking TCM.
I feel it's better to TTC after at least 1 cycle so that the womb lining will be thicker too.
Afterall we did the D&C, it's better to let the womb to heal better before getting pregnant.

For myself, my menses like gone haywire, stopped after 3 days and now started again on the 5th day.
I will be giving it time to resume its normal cycle.

Hi Qingqing
You might like to discuss with the HR or agency. If possible, please get hospitalisation leave
from your gynae to rest for a mini confinement for 2 weeks.
After resting, u can resume work to complete the 2 weeks notice.

Health is the most important, if the co wants to demand for a compensation, it's best to go to MOM
directly. I've always advise my own friends to do a confinement after their mc.
The more "kiasu" ones did a 1 month confinement despite that they hv a natural mc with no D&C done
and now all have a healthy bb after a few tries.

For my own experience, I could hardly walk after my 1st D&C and I lay in bed most of the time and
did a 2 weeks mini confinement. I conceived my ger after 2 menses cycles and now she's already 29mths.

Please take care of your body well before trying and to minimise the risk of mc.

hi SER, oic. my discharge just cleared. urge too strong, so resume ML wi hubby again.. heeeee.. i planning to start taking supplement but not sure whether want to try out GNC prenatal formula or blackmore conceive well gold..still considering.any opinion???. mum asked me to take bai fung wan nw..

SeR: I think she will keep prescribe the same medicine until she feels you don't need the med anymore. I sometimes get the same med as well.

Hi Ser, wah i din know u hav a baby ger 29 mths..
happy.gif
may i know which gynae r u seeing? for me i will be goin for a checkup tml.. have been 2 weeks after my loss.. hope everyting will turn out fine..

hi yaya, are you in the dec thread?.. anyway me too thinking of taking supplements too.. and after my checkup tml tinking of going to tcm..

Hi yaya
I feel it's better to take GNC prenatal formula as I read from another fellow member that conceive well gold might not be so good to the foetus once u conceive. It's stated in the labelling that it's better to change to their prenatal formula upon conceiving.
Actually I brought the conceive well gold but I intended to take for 1mth before I TTC. Once TTC, I will stop taking.
You might want to check with the GNC sales before buying their prenatal formula.
Your mum is right about the BFW. The TCM say it's good to take BFW after the discharge clear.
However if u already start TTC, it's not advisable to take BFW as there's danggui as 1 of the ingredient, will cause bleeding.

Hi Lynn
Last time she used to tell me to see her after every 2 weeks but her hb say come after the medicine end? but she say it's better to take BFW after the menses clear. Did she prescribe BFW to you yet?

Hi glimmerhope
I've learnt alot in this thread when I first mc in 2005 and glad to share with everybody that the "old gals" who used to be in the thread have "graduate" from this thread as mummies so jiayou everybody!
I am seeing Dr Edwin Thia in kkh. How's ur checkup? Hope everything will be fine in the right track.

hi yaya, i was in dec thread too so i found yr nick familiar.. i had d&c too.. sigh.. hope this is the one and only last time i am going thru tis.. meanwhile we can jia you with everyone here
happy.gif

Hi Ser,
Yup i agree it is comforting to come here when i am feeling down and i learn quite a lot from here.. hope we can graduate frm this thread to become mummies!..
i do not hav a specific gynae so looking for one.. my checkup is tml will update here when i m bk..

glimmerhope,
happy.gif
yesh yesh! me too.i want bbbbbbb.... heee....
ser, okay.,.i will check out the GNC one..tdy is the 1st day starting to take folic acid. i am planning to take BFW later..lazy liao...
my mum kept let me drink the shen hua tang. she said must let the womb discharge all the blood and dirty..but so far, i havent had much discharge. just stop yesterday....

Hi ,
will like to join this thread for some support. Sadly I had lost my baby at week 22 last tuesday. It's my 3rd pregnancy. I had two other miscarriages as well in 2006 & 2008.

May I know if anyone had miscarriage in mid 2nd trimester as well?

Hi,
can someone advise where to buy the ovulation sticks (non-clearblue brand that is more affordable)? Watson and other pharmacies selling the clearblue brand only. Or someone who got spares ones that want to sell? Tks.

lovinglife: i had first m/c in Jul last yr and bb was about 6wks. did d/c.
gynae said can try 3 circles later.
i got pregnant again in dec but it was a chemical pregnancy. no d/c was done.
gynae said can try 1 cycle later and i found out i was pregnant again in mar this yr!!
i'm in wk 13 now and i'm really hoping to have a smooth pregnancy this round!
and all the best and good luck for all the ladies here.
don't give up!

funne

Thanks for sharing.
Congrats and I wish you a smooth pregnancy & delivery!
I also look forward to my (and many other sisters here) success too.

babydream, it's a real surprise for us. coz we didn't really ttc after tt and most of the time with protection..
happy.gif

and just to share, i quit drinking tea (green tea, chinese tea, etc) after my sinseh told me so. i guess it might help too.

Hi

tea could be too "liang" and "lai" for the womb.
My mum said dont drink too much.

Funne
Did u TTC during your fertile period frequently?
HB have been too bz with his work and we hardly ML this month, so I guess this month my hope should be vanish ..........

funne, congrats on your pregnancy! you will have a smooth one this round. stay healthy and be optimistic! i have my d&c 2 weeks ago when i was 12 weeks, but baby only showed at 9 weeks +. i cried my heart out and don't understand why these thing happened on me..
sad.gif
we will most likely wait for menses to return before trying again. i heard it takes longer than our usual cycle days. sigh..

i am taking confinement food since d&c and it has been 2 weeks. i have slight sore throat yesterday. does that mean i have enough "bu" already? should i stop my confinement?

Hi ladies
My menses came on the 34 days after my mc. The menses like gone haywire, stopped after the 3rd day
and resumed on the 5th day. Now there's blood tinted discharge.
Meanwhile I am giving time for it to resume to normal before trying to ttc.

I understand that u must be v anxious to ttc again. Meanwhile do make sure that the menses go back to normal
before trying again. I presume the womb will need time to heal too be4 carrying our bb for the next 9 mths.

Hi glimmerhope
How's ur checkup? If everything is fine, no blood clots etc, u can ttc soon after ur cycle stabilise.

Hi yaya
If u get the GNC prenatal, I think it's inclusive of folic acid, dun nid to take seperately.
I heard shen gua tang is good, clear all the dirty blood. Once discharge is over, take the BFW.

hi Lynn,
Agreed with funne, try to avoid tea when u ttc, tea is too liang and cause alot of discharge.
When I was pregnant tat time, I took ice lemon tea and caused alot of discharge.

Hi lovinglife
Actually a mini confinement should be enough but if u want to do a full confinement, try not to put too much
ginger and sesame oil, reduce the ingredient quantity in the longan tea, make it "lighter".
Have light confinement dishes so that it will not be too heaty.
I have bad sore throat during the 3th week of my confinement too, I took TCM medicine to heal.

Hi qingqing
How come it's painful physically? For me, it's painless and there's very slight bleeding after that.
Maybe u will like to take painkiller?
Take care of urself well, do a mini confinement and start taking longan tea and tmr morning, take
chix essence in the morning.
Do come in here if u need someone to talk too.

hi! my menses came exactly 5 wks after D&C. Already TTC after this 1st menses. If next menses doesn't come in 4 days time, will do pregnancy test. Keeping my fingers crossed!

btw, anyone TTC and still drinks coffee every day? I can't kick my habit - hv to drink at least 1 coffee or 1 tea every day. Sometimes both. Any idea if this will affect bb's formation, esp. at v early stage?

Hi ryne
Just to share
Are there other possible risks besides miscarriage?
Yes. Because caffeine can cause blood vessels to constrict, it may reduce blood flow to the placenta. And because it easily crosses the placenta and reaches your baby (who then very slowly metabolizes it), caffeine may directly affect his developing cells.

A study in Denmark found that the risk of stillbirth more than doubled in women who drank a great deal of coffee per day — eight cups or more — compared with non-coffee drinkers. And some studies suggest that high levels of caffeine consumption by Mom may slightly reduce a baby's birth weight, but other research has shown no association.

One study found a link between maternal caffeine consumption equal to three cups of coffee per day and an increased risk of having a son born with undescended testes. This happens when the testes don't move from the pelvis into the scrotum as they usually do in late pregnancy.

Other research has shown that babies whose mothers consumed more than 500 mg of caffeine a day had faster heart rates and breathing rates and spent more time awake in the first few days after birth.

One thing's for sure: You'll feel better if you cut back on caffeine. It's a stimulant, so it raises your heart rate and may raise your blood pressure slightly, too. Plus, it can make you feel jittery and cause insomnia. Caffeine can also contribute to heartburn (something you probably don't need help boosting!) by stimulating the secretion of stomach acid.

These effects may be more pronounced or last longer than usual as you approach your due date, because your body breaks down caffeine more slowly as your pregnancy progresses. And that means a higher level of caffeine in your bloodstream and in your baby's.

There's one more reason to cut back on coffee and tea during your pregnancy, whether it's caffeinated or not. These beverages contain compounds called phenols that make it harder for your body to absorb iron. This is particularly important because many pregnant women are already low on iron. If you drink coffee or tea, have it between meals so it'll have less of an effect on your iron absorption.

Coffee is one, of course. The amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee varies widely, depending on the type of bean, the brewing method, and how strong it's brewed. And your serving size depends on the size of the coffee cup.

To cut your caffeine intake, though, you'll need to be aware of other sources, like tea, soft drinks, "energy" drinks, chocolate, and coffee ice cream. Caffeine also shows up in herbal products and over-the-counter drugs, including some headache, cold, and allergy remedies.

In my opinion, it's better to avoid coffee and tea during ttc and also 1st trimester.
I took at least a cup of bubble tea and coffee per day as I nvr knew that I was pregnant and mc at 17 weeks.

However when I conceived my ger and took coffee/tea from 3rd trimester onwards, it was fine. I gave birth to her at 39 weeks.

I wonder is it coincidence? I've mc twice when I did not prepare myself well for TTC.
When I first got pregnant, I didn't realise the importance of preparing myself for TTC and even drank slimming tea and went on a diet.
Howver I stopped upon learning my pregnancy but still mc at 10 weeks, I was devastated and read the whole mc thread (this thread) from the beginning and learnt from there,
I became a fan of TCM, preparing tonics for me and hb almost everyday, even offered some to my neighbour as she say she could smell it daily :p.
I took folic acid everyday, , dom every night and no "liang" food/drink. I conceived my ger after the 2nd menses, everything went smoothly and I gave birth to her at 39 weeks 3 weeks at 3.6kgs.
This time, my pregnancy was unplanned though i took precaution, I was hospitalised twice and finally mc during 17 weeks.
BB was healthy during the scan but the body was unable to carry him to term.
I attribute the cause of the mc due to the fact that I did not prepare the body well before conceive. It seem like I need to change my lifestyle before my body is able to carry a pregnancy to term.

hi SeR,
hey, thanks for your detailed info! Wow, ur ger is bigger than avg at 3.6kg! She's 29mths? My girl just turned 32mths.

I also did not prepare well when I was TTC-ing a 2nd. Somehow I could sense my body wasn't as healthy as b4. Maybe age catching up. But as my 1st pregnancy went smoothly without a hitch, guess I was too complacent and thought nothing would go wrong. My world changed the moment my gynae gave a long pause during my 1st scan.

I did drink coffee b4 I found out abt my 1st pregnancy, but for the sake of bb, I actually managed to give it up for 2 yrs - throughout pregnancy and during breastfeeding. Starting drinking again after that. Then stopped for 2mths during my 2nd preg, b4 I m/c. Guess lack of rest and stress at work... turn to coffee to stay awake during the day....
sad.gif
Will hv to try really hard to kick this habit.

Hi SeR,
Thanks for sharing the info. I have cut down my intake of confinement. Hope the sore throat will heal soon. I don't have much bleeding after d&c. It was like spotting only on off for a week. No pain/cramps too. I have a follow up appt later. Wish me luck!

Hi ryne,
Me too have text book pregnancy for my #1. Thus thought that it won't go wrong for subsequent pregnancy too. I must confessed I did not take good care of myself during the pregnancy.. My son is 17 months now and he requires a lot of attention. I feel regretted and guilty on what I have done to my baby. I took tea + macd sausage muffin every morning. Since m/c, I have stopped taking and I will not take for the rest of my life.. *sob*

Hi Ser,
Thank you for the valuable info.. now that i think of it i guess i took too much green tea during tcc - 5 cups per day...it may attribute to my m/c.. Anyway i went for my checkup and doc did a scan and said i m fine can resume normal activities but if i intend tcc maybe 3 to 6 mths.. oh ya he saw that i m ovulating and AF should come by end of the mth..

bbdream, we didn't ttc more during fertile period. in fact we did with protection (only missed 1) coz we don't want to get pregnant soon.

ryne, my sinseh said tea more harmful than coffee. i used to drink a lot of green tea and english tea also.. but quit when he told me so.

haiz... got the call from gynae yesterday tt my blood test shown i got thyroid. going to see her tom to find out more. hopefully everything will be under control. age is really catching up. i don't hav anything problem with #1, but i had 2 m/cs after tt and now with thyroid..
sad.gif

Hey Lynn,
Yah bubble tea and green tea are my fav.. i thought jap green tea is good for health.. maybe i consume too much.. of cos there are other factors la

Hi Ryne
U r welcome, I just extracted the info fr bbcentre. I guess I ate alot of durian from 2nd tri onwards, tat's why she's a big bb at birth. However now, she's a fussy eater and her weight remained at only 12kgs.
So coincidence, our little gers are around the same age! Is she in cc now?

My conclusion is
Preparation before TTC: "Bai Feng Wan" after menses discharge clear, a small cup of DOM before zzz..
TCM medicine/tonic to strengthen the body if u r seeing any, multi vits etc, light exercise to improve stamina/metabolism.

TTC/1st trimester: No cold drinks/"liang drinks"/food/tonics but supplements like folic acid.
I think some gals took pre natal supplement, last time before conceiving my ger,
I took folic acid/pre natal milk powder/DHA (v kiasu)while TTC too.
I saw somewhere that TCM also will prescribe "An Tai Yao" to stabilise during the 1st trimester.
Even be4 TTC, they will prescribe tonics to strengthen the womb etc.

2nd trimester onwards: Tonics like bird nest/cordyceps etc (take tonics/heaty food)
I often fall sick during the 1st trimester but took cordyceps frm 14weeks onwards and never fall sick
till I gave birth. This greatly helps to improve the immune system.
The detailed scan show my ger was small size and I took alot of durian then thus resulted in a bigger bb.

I realise I was particularly weak once I got pregnant (last pregnancy), I got flu, cough, fever,
diarhorrea.
I concluded that we really must improve our immune system before TTC.

3rd trimester onwards: More"liang food" like coconut drink
My gynae actually encouraged me to take coconut during the 3rd tri.
I also began to take cold drinks/tea/coffee in moderate amount, can be more relax in food choices coz
at least the bb is already developed and ready to be borned.

I also realised my body wasn't as healthy as be4, moreover I didn't take care of myself well too.
My colleagues have been chiding me for taking coffee/cold drinks/bubble tea daily.

I think it's safer to take coffee when the pregnancy stabilised. I couldn't kick the habit of drinking coffee
especially at work, couldn't concentrate at all. It's very tiring to look after a toddler and also
fatigue from work, housework and morning sickness. Tough to be a expectant working mummy.

Hi lovinglife
u r welcome, I think it's too heaty. Drink more plain water too.
Glad to know that u r healing well. Hope everything goes well for u.
Don't take it too hard on urself as it's not easy to be a mummy to a toddler as well.
Unlike the past pregnancy, we can't rest as much as we could.
It's fine to take tea but better to take when the pregnancy stabilise in moderate amount.

Hi glimmerhope/lynn
I am a fan of tea too! Luv bubble tea to the bits! I luv icy drinks, ice lemon tea from kopitiam as well!
Perhaps tea is not a good choice to the womb.
The sinseh say it's not good to talk cold drinks/food as well, guess we have to restraint or cut down.
However at times, I cant tahan especially dinning outside, I ordered cold drinks like chestnut but w/o ice.
Or i just bring my bottle of plain water in order to cut down on cold drinks.

Hi funne
Hopefully everything goes well for u.

Morning everyone,

I have went for my follow up appt yesterday. Scan result showed that I still have some blood clot to be cleared. Gynea was mentioned I should have some spotting again soon, or maybe period. And he gives greenlight to start TTC again when we are ready.

I think i need to cut down on tea.

yesterday felt some cramping feeling.. seems like menses coming already.

my hubby not keen to ttc... how sia?
sad.gif

Morning Everyone,

Would like to ask, after D/C normally when will the next normal cycle comes?
Am in my 7th week, still nothing happens... sighz

Hi Janello,
Have you test with pregnancy test kit? You might be pregnant again if you have unprotected sex during these period. I am on my Day18 after D&C. My gynea said I need to see him if menses MIA for 3 months, which is 12 weeks!!! I hope I can fall pregnant again soon.

Hi Ladies,

Me tested this morning, dun have =(
Called up Gynae jus now, the lady told me if after 12 weeks still dun have, then have to go back for check up. So now just have to monitor.
Sighz.... nt sure what symptoms are those. Been having backaches, pimples popping like nobody business, nauseous, fatigue.

my 2nd menses came
sad.gif
Just wondering how to tell if it's really menses or another m/c.... cos my cramps are painful, enough to cause discomfort, but not that kind where u can't even stand up or walk. My cramping at the bottom part of my tummy started on Tue evening. I had a bit of spotting once on Wed morning, then nothing (dry) until Thurs afternoon, spotting again. Wondered if it's implantation bleeding.

I tested on Thurs evening, shows -ve. Tested again this morning (Fri) just to be sure. Still -ve. Then menses came late morning, but not as heavy as normal. Never had this kind of menses cramps b4.

Does this sound like unpredictable menses or a possible m/c?

SeR,
yes my gal in full-day cc. I enjoy every moment w her. After my m/c experience, my smooth-sailing #1 pregnancy and my gal are even more of a miracle to me.
happy.gif

Janello,
my menses came back exactly 5wks after d&c. My gynae told me it could take 6 to 8wks, so u're still within this timeframe. So don't worry.

Glimmerhope,

After my d&c I didnt drink the red date tea, cos clinic gave me a "to-do" list, I cant take red date, tonic, so actually during my 2 weeks mini confinement, I didnt really take any tonic to nurse my health, only after 2 weeks then I take dom, chix essence & TCM

Back