Support group - Miscarriages

Whether fann ivf anot, happy for her aso lah... it's really not easy when I myself went Thru many ivf cycles as well n tcm...

In any way, there's never a "wrong" decision on the mode of having a child. Fann has always been a very private person anyway.

In any way, there's never a "wrong" decision on the mode of having a child. Fann has always been a very private person anyway.

Hi everyone, I am 9 weeks and 3 days. I had an abdominal scan today. But the doctor couldn't detect the heartbeat. I am really worried! We did see the heartbeat a few weeks ago, on the 6th week scan (via vaginal scan). The baby measures fine - exactly 9 weeks plus. But just no heartbeat. Oh gosh, I really hope this is just a blip and everything is going to be ok. Would anyone have any experience with this?

Hi everyone, I am 9 weeks and 3 days. I had an abdominal scan today. But the doctor couldn't detect the heartbeat. I am really worried! We did see the heartbeat a few weeks ago, on the 6th week scan (via vaginal scan). The baby measures fine - exactly 9 weeks plus. But just no heartbeat. Oh gosh, I really hope this is just a blip and everything is going to be ok. Would anyone have any experience with this?

Maybe u will like to seek for another opinion?

My first pregnancy, the heartbeat was detected at 7 weeks but growth of sac and heartbeat was slow. At 10th week, the sonographer detected there's no heartbeat and I really got a bad shock.
Got a 2nd opinion from another gynae, detected no heartbeat as well and opt for d&c.

So better seek for a 2nd opinion.

Last edited:
I had mc x2 but encounters kinda different from yours. Wed will come soon....but if you don't wish to wait, yes a 2nd opinion may be good for now. Hopefully the answer you get is different. However, if it's the same, maybe go for Wed appt too and access from there.

My mc was 4 months ago, symptoms was backache & brown discharge. Now I'm tested positive, around 6 weeks but with brown discharge & backache too & this time worst with no growth of belly. More & more discharge continuously for 3 days. Feel worried & disheartened. I haven seen gynae yet, don't even go see & get another bad news again & again.

My mc was 4 months ago, symptoms was backache & brown discharge. Now I'm tested positive, around 6 weeks but with brown discharge & backache too & this time worst with no growth of belly. More & more discharge continuously for 3 days. Feel worried & disheartened. I haven seen gynae yet, don't even go see & get another bad news again & again.
actually belly wun grow until later..understand the worry and fear..but try to face this new pregnancy with new hope ..since now u tested positive, why not pop by your gynae tomorrow am to check and get some support pills like duphaston and proluton jab..better than u wait and wait until later really too late how touch wood? ..just my 2 cents..

better go for 2nd opinion asap..

Hi,
I had my MC last June.
Just tested positive last week.
Anyone on duphaston and everything went well?
My gynae visit isnt until next tue but couldnt help feeling super worried....

Hi,
I had my MC last June.
Hi zaclin. I feel u cos me too had mc last year june at 11 weeks. Went to see gyne last week. I was 6 weeks preg then. Detected heartbeat. However I had spotting a few days back. Currently on utrogestan. Let's Stay positive and pray all goes well.

hi girl..sorry for ur loss..

duphaston is an tai yao, meaning to help support pregnancy. I hv been on it 1 tablet 2times a day ever since week 4/5..now im in my 18th week doc said to continue to take to be sure..hope this helps

Hi chrisl,
Did gynae tell u how long u need to be on duphaston?

Hi zaclin. I feel u cos me too had mc last year june at 11 weeks. Went to see gyne last week. I was 6 weeks preg then. Detected heartbeat. However I had spotting a few days back. Currently on utrogestan. Let's Stay positive and pray all goes well.

Hi kas2011,
How long have u been on utrogestan?
I will be 6wks next week and really hope to detect heartbeat too..

Hihi dear i had the same experience for my 1st mc. Sorry that its not something u would like to know. No miracles. 6wk detected HB, 7wk scan HB is strong. 9wk HB disappeared. All abdominal scans. Doc advise me to wait another wk to scan but I told him i wish to proceed for D&C asap. I did another scan at the hospital radiography dept before i do my ops its like an 2nd opinion. I trust my doc as i know the HB usually once seen is unlikely to be gone. The waiting for another wk is a torture to me. I dont have courage to do that. I believe u are worrying and cant rest your mind. Why not just go for another gynae scan nearby to comfirm and give u an ease of mind.

I think u need to c gynae faster if needed to do some test just go for it and with treatments things happen differently...don't wait...I knew how it feel but better act fast than regret later on...

Hi,
I had my MC last June.
I had duphaston ttc all e way till day of birth...
So late? Due to high risk I c gynae once tested positive to kicks in all e treatments...mbe u wanns ask for earlier appt...

I had duphaston ttc all e way till day of birth...
So late? Due to high risk I c gynae once tested positive to kicks in all e treatments...mbe u wanns ask for earlier appt...

Personally I rather do the scan at 6 wks cos if earlier, high chance won't be able to see anything. That was the case for my 1st pregnancy and the 2wks wait was a torture. And it's only 2 more working days to my scan.

I called my Gynae when I got a positive test which is at 4wks... And she told me to come down and collect the Duphaston..

Just wondering if need to take in the beginning stage only or all the way..

actually belly wun grow until later..understand the worry and fear..but try to face this new pregnancy with new hope ..since now u tested positive, why not pop by your gynae tomorrow am to check and get some support pills like duphaston and proluton jab..better than u wait and wait until later really too late how touch wood? ..just my 2 cents..

Hi Chrisl, after listen to your advice I walk in for appt & given prolution jab & duphaston. Sac is only measure 4 weeks when I'm 6 weeks now. Gynae said can't give any advice yet. Sigh.

good that u r given jab and support ...hmm..just try to eat more protein food like fish/meat/eggs for now and rescan again..try to bed rest if possible ..

Hi,
I had my MC last June.
Hi chrisl,
Did gynae tell u how long u need to be on duphaston?
hi..im 19+ weeks now and still on it 2times a day..my gynae who specialized in high risk pregnancy advised me to continue taking think at least till week 20+21?..

Personally I rather do the scan at 6 wks cos if earlier, high chance won't be able to see anything. That was the case for my 1st pregnancy and the 2wks wait was a torture. And it's only 2 more working days to my scan.

I called my Gynae when I got a positive test which is at 4wks... And she told me to come down and collect the Duphaston..

Just wondering if need to take in the beginning stage only or all the way..
Mine is diff case I got to start treatments once tested positive so I got to inform gynae immediately...better to get jab as well cos I feel duphaston still not strong enough...

Forward looking, go for second opinion

Hi ladies,

It's been awhile since I last read this thread. After my 3rd miscarriage in Sept 2014, I decided to take a break from the baby stuff. I told myself to be kind to myself and that baby will come when it is meant to be. I took good care of myself, and had recovered well. I went to guangmingshan to chao du for my babies and felt much better that I can put things down. I put my energy into planning for a holiday in January this year. I avoided looking at this thread as I wanted myself to move on. It was almost back to normal for both my health and my emotions, I can finally look at babies without the 'longing' feeling.

Yesterday, my hubby casually mentioned to me that he really would like to have a baby, and that he would like to continue trying after we settle our new BTO, which is within these 2 months. And now, I am feeling so stressed up. The anxieties are coming back. I can't sleep. I'm so worried that what if all these re not meant to be... I'm not sure if my body can take another, it's been a tough 2 years for my body and the doctor (Prof Mahesh) said that the D&Cs have taken a toll on my womb, I am afraid that I cannot take another blow.

Haiz. Many thoughts came into my mind and I cannot sleep...

Hi ladies,

It's been awhile since I last read this thread. After my 3rd miscarriage in Sept 2014, I decided to take a break from the baby stuff. I told myself to be kind to myself and that baby will come when it is meant to be. I took good care of myself, and had recovered well. I went to guangmingshan to chao du for my babies and felt much better that I can put things down. I put my energy into planning for a holiday in January this year. I avoided looking at this thread as I wanted myself to move on. It was almost back to normal for both my health and my emotions, I can finally look at babies without the 'longing' feeling.

Yesterday, my hubby casually mentioned to me that he really would like to have a baby, and that he would like to continue trying after we settle our new BTO, which is within these 2 months. And now, I am feeling so stressed up. The anxieties are coming back. I can't sleep. I'm so worried that what if all these re not meant to be... I'm not sure if my body can take another, it's been a tough 2 years for my body and the doctor (Prof Mahesh) said that the D&Cs have taken a toll on my womb, I am afraid that I cannot take another blow.

Hey meowmi, i remember u..

Sorry u hv to feel the stress all over again..hugs

Hv u talked to him abt ur anxieties yet?

I feel u..the overwhelming fear of 'what ifs' ..hv to be strong and tell yourself u can do it de..take small steps..little by little k..tell urself dun stress too..take it slowly as it comes..and maybe just maybe this time u will be successful? And maybe this time ur doc might give u stronger blood thinning jabs cos if previously aspirin dun work for u..i think give a hope or someone else had jabs instead as their sticky blood is not controlled by just aspirin..now they are successful too..so..think positive ok gal? ***positive vibes***

Dear Mommies,

I am currently 8 weeks 3 days of my second pregnancy. I suddenly have zero symptoms except for bloating the whole of yesterday. Breasts also not as tender as befote. I had consume about 15 to 20 longans the night before only to find out pregnant ladies should avoid. Now I'm feeling so worried and cannot wait for gynae check up later. I hope its normal to be experiencing fading symptoms. I am over paranoid as first pregnancy also miscarriage. :(
I know this feeling...constantly looking out for symptoms. I was told by my doc that intake of food is unlikely to result a miscarriage. Don't feel bad about the longans. If really unsure try not to eat the items until ur pregnancy is stable.

i also finally opt for d&c ...private dr said betr to get it out . it may come out in few days time, one week's time, or dun come out at all, best to take it out . sgh dr said mayb can let it come out by itself since the sac is small. (however private dr told me -sac seems small but the surrounding liquids and blood is heavy). cny is drawing near, i donot want to keep worrying each day as to when the cramp and blood wil come, some mre dr said it wil b like a mini chidbirth, scared die me!.
so, as much as i hated surgery and is petrified of undergoing GA. i am doing it today.....cry....
How do u feel aft the ops? Any cramps? Remb to do the mini confinement to rebuild ur health. Ginger, red dates, seasame oil etc...

understand that so well..i also not that lucky..must try 4 fresh plus some fets in between..so add up abt 7-8times..I also tried natural and while 2 times I got lucky but didn't last longer than 5weeks de..

I had to go question myself and docs and find my own answers..mostly no answers..i also asked my previous doc to send me for blood tests but mostly just brushed me off...saying no need..that stupid angmoh lady doc even said oh u mc very very common..but to me that just pissed me off even more..she treated other patients differently than us cos other patients I saw are angmoh couples there.. I think she racist..but I couldn't take no for an answer lah..despite having 2 embryos there still..we decided to change clinic/doc..cos no point wasting our time where we drove 3hrs there (6hrs to and fro) to someone who dun care to help us and only sees us as another common couple who mc..so I changed doc and I advise u too, if ur this doc reluctant to check for more...go for another one..we r lucky we r in sg, there r plenty of docs here to choose from and not too long drive like 3 hrs journey ..ur luck maybe lies elsewhere with some other doc..why not go gov hospitalto use gov grant too?

when I 1st appointments with my this nuh prof wong, I told him of my many early mc and I hv high prolactin (frm previous tests before in my ex clinic and that doc said oh..very common..no need drug to lower)) without me asking, sent me for this bloodtest and then when the level high , retested again then still high..that was when he gave 'cabergoline' to lower down from 700+ to 10+ then we did et..then once bt cfm bfp then stop that and take bb aspirin ..

the aspirin dose very little only at 75mg (1 tablet of 300mg break into 4 portions) and just enough to thin ur blood so apparently more blood flows to the bb ..im actually allergic to ibuprofen which is same family of drugs with aspirin but still I dun hv any side effects as of now ..so I think no harm trying..

I sometimes really puzzled how we bfp naturally in between the cycles. Duno isit the hormones treatment we took has made some changes to our body. I plan to go for another fet if i dont conceive in 2 to 3mths time. Think of another fet i also sian, finanical, body and mental stress. But now mc fear strikes me more than the bfn from fet. Hai.

My doc is great in helping me overcome fertility issues but i think when comes to dealing with recurrent losses he has some resistance and say i think too much. Ya, like every thing is common to them...the pain is on us...no need treatment but we kept losing the bbs how to accept? Like u, i am looking for answers myself now. We cannot wait for miracles without doing anything to help ourselves.

So you start a new ivf cycle at NUH? Think i hv read somewhere that u are preggy now?

I sometimes really puzzled how we bfp naturally in between the cycles. Duno isit the hormones treatment we took has made some changes to our body. I plan to go for another fet if i dont conceive in 2 to 3mths time. Think of another fet i also sian, finanical, body and mental stress. But now mc fear strikes me more than the bfn from fet. Hai.

My doc is great in helping me overcome fertility issues but i think when comes to dealing with recurrent losses he has some resistance and say i think too much. Ya, like every thing is common to them...the pain is on us...no need treatment but we kept losing the bbs how to accept? Like u, i am looking for answers myself now. We cannot wait for miracles without doing anything to help ourselves.

So you start a new ivf cycle at NUH? Think i hv read somewhere that u are preggy now?
Ur embbies from ur which fresh? yes started 4th fresh icsi at nuh cos mainly i tot there is a recurrent mc clinic there easy to follow up. Since u said ur doc good in fertility cases..maybe stick to him but when bfp go to another doc concurrently? I think lots of things plays a part..not only us, i think our hubbies also must build up bodies..that is why sometimes i annoyed at my hb too cos he is a very fussy eater. So sometimes back i kick up a fuss and insisted him to play his part else i am not going to hv chn after 35..he got no choice swallowed the chinese cordeceps powder and multivits i got for him..

Hee I know.
ok then I wil consider go there do ivf haha...when I first enquired about ivf with Ann tan at her clinic, they quote min 20-22k . That is very expensive lor. But when I sat down talked to a nurse there, using my previous sgh protocol for a rough gauge of the cost, it is about the same as other private ivf clinics. So I'm bit confused . The success rate that the nurse quoted is lesser than other places . Ivf forum also hardly hear any sisters go to Ann tan for ivf ley. And I think all procedures r done in mount E , unlike sgh where everything is done at the ivf centre. At sgh, the retrieval, transfer all done at same place. The lab is there, the sperms and embryos r kept frozen there also.
Redvel if u have more info on that pic of gossip pm me hahah...

paragon...must be really ex..
I think she is not too expensive. First consultation is around 250, v scan 150, which is quite similar to a lot of other private gynae. Their hcg blood test is few dollars cheaper than sgh. But I think receiving treatments and medication from her clinic will be expensive .

Hi ladies,

Meowmi, try again when u are ready emotionally and physically. Seek advice from your doctor and never stop taking good care of yourself. Stay positive and never doubt the power of your subconcious mind. I am also in the midst of recovery. We jiayou together.i know it had been a rough journey for you. Heads up chin high !

How do u feel aft the ops? Any cramps? Remb to do the mini confinement to rebuild ur health. Ginger, red dates, seasame oil etc...
Thanks mangoyoyo, after my op, slight cramp some bleeding . Now bleeding is minimal. Yes I ordered one week Confinement food now resting at home .wil start drinking Dom tonight too.

Back