Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Hi sunbelle,
There are two common types of SO iui,
One is combo style ie clomid for 5-7 starting fr 2nd or 3rd day after af and self injections for 5-7 days thereafter. The effectiveness of the follicles growth will depend on what your dosage of puregon you require. My previous was 175 iu per injection each day. Dr will advise you accordingly. The other type is stronger ie self injections all the way for 10 days or more. You will go for a few scans to monitor your eggs sizes the more it is the better but u may get OHSS esp if you're on the 2nd so iui type ie 100 % self injection.
Diet wise is pretty much the same as Ivf ie drink more water after the so iui day and please eat a lot of egg whites to improve your eggs quality ( you need more protein ) I learnt these thru Ivf. Take manuka honey at least 12+ to boost your antibody so that you don't get sick easily during your treatment. Take it morning with empty stomach with plastic spoon. After you so iui day u need rest so try to take that day off if you r working. Walk less if can and no stress. No spicy food, no Liang food. Take chicken essence either instant or double boil essence to warm your womb for implantation. Another food is I heard but I nvr taken yet, roasted brazil nuts may help implantation. I probably will take if I fail my this round coz now I m 2 ww a bit late though. Last but not least pls don't miss your folic acid pills no matter what. Your hubby must also need to take vitamins to boost his soldiers coz in So iui you need the soldiers to be strong to swim to your many eggs that will ovulate after 36 hrs on your last hcg injection. Hope I make sense to you.
If you are kiasu and keen, you can do accupuncture before to help you hv better blood circulation over your womb area. I din do accu during my so iui. I wasn't as knowledgeable then.
I wish you well.

Hi gals,
I just found out spottings just two days before my bt on hcg.
Not very hopeful now. Looking forward to my next cycles of my remaining embryos. It has been an ivf experience and I hv done my best.
happy.gif

Hi Trustbaby,

thank you so muchie for your detailed and informative information. yeah any side effects like GNRH injections when we inject the Puregonn huh?

yeah i have failed two rounds of clomids liao ..so disappointing leh really. but hrd that clomids dun really work for lots of people ...

hmmhmm felt sad when i saw parents pushing their stroll along the pavements or park with their baby. wish i can have a baby for me to do that too.

yeah trustbaby, it can be implantation bleeding for you rite? i guess end of the day is that we have done our best and we dun owe ourselves any explaination. i am also trying my best to cure the adeyomosis and endo with chinese tcm leh. so i am faithfully taking the TCM medicine now.

hmmhmm coupled with the career switch option now. seemd like i m feeling vexed lor. sorrie gals, for whining . but really felt vexed abt the situation now. seeemd like i am stuck in these two areas. yeah guess take it easy and let it go.

do you believe in those slimming centres huh? mi now at 82 kg ..so tot of goin to slim down a bit more before preggie leh. hmmhmmm if really go SO-IUI, can we go do slimming treatments huh? for your advice pls.

hmmhmm i am also busy also execerising and eating healthily now. forgot to buy the brazil nuts which i oso hrd from my frens. yeah trustbaby, i realy admire your courage to do IVF. i guess sure have to share with your boss when u need to do it rite? cos need to keep goin hosptial to do scanning rite? my gynae told me that with ladies of our condition prone to miscarriage, so he felt not so worthhile to do IVF. hmmhmm unless is really wanting to try it out.

yeah i am also goin to try all methods lor. yeah sometimes i really think that what have we done to have to go thru all these tins. been trying for 3 yrs ....hmmhmmm my frens are popping babies like no body business really. so easy for them. some of them having their 3rd kid soon. wow and they dun wan it one leh hahahah
happy.gif
hmmhmm wish i can be preggie and together with them soon hehe guess have to be positive and one day my dream of pushing my baby pram will come true. :0)

Hi sunbelle,
When i took the puregon stomach bloated. Mood swing a bit. Otherwise okay. Not much prob.
You shld be fine. Just take one step at a time. We r human and we do hv ups and downs. It's just how fast we pick up and move on. I try to positive butnor easy. I just follow the flow. I think u r right. Our condition doesn't help to retain n tend to fail. For me I hv Jo other choice but to Ivf coz mytube oneside is gone. So Ivf is my only option. Tcm said the puregon will help to increase our endometriosis. I think after this Ivf round my end may hv grown bigger. See how. Tomm still go for bt for record purposes. Thanks for encouragement n support. It feels good tt u hv someone who understand.
Btw, bleeding on day 17 is unlikely to be implantation. More like pre menstrual. Just another unsuccessful cycle.
sad.gif

Hi Trustbaby,
Don't give up! Only BT will tell. My 1st ivf was not successful too, just go TCM for 6 mths and try again. Results may be different.

Hi sunbelle,
I think you should go GP for slimming instead of going slimming centres, at least it is safer. I feel that higher chances if you can get down to below BMI 25. Don't think that doing ivf is not worthwhile, we should not give up any opportunities that can help us to conceive. I also have adenomyosis & endometriosis, and now I'm preggy.
happy.gif

hi trustbaby,

thank you so much for all your emails. mi oso trying my best. Been exercising these few days like running 5 km each day. Went to the gym today also. yeah did stepper for 30 mins. hmmhmm felt more energetic.

Ivf is definitely within my consideration. Gals, jus wanted to know whether do gals share with your collegues at workplace that u are doin ivf huh? Yeah cos afraid if not successful how?

Hi jenn, you are really our inspiration. I hope to join ur club soon. When is your first trimester over huh?

Hi jennette,
Thanks for your encouragement. I m confirm not pregnant.
Expected but again not a good news to receive. My blending started on D 18. Spotting on D17. Very strange today I Salem to print my record shows progesterone 158. Isn't it okay for the lining. But the embryos refuse to stay put.
Will check my doc that happen ?
When is best time to see dr Zhou again? Can dr zhou help to reduce my endometriosis.I don't think I hv six mths I will do FET on the next cycle hopefully doc give the clearance.
I hope my embryos will go thru successful thawing otherwise I will hv to go thru new cycle.

hi all

its been so long since i last came in , endo in chinese its 巧克力囊肿.
Just some update regarding my condition , i took Yaz to control my menses flow but hv terrible side effect so i changed to Mirena , everything went well for a yr until recently i feel pain so i went to see my gynae she discovered @ cyst each 4cm but she said its due to the Mirena and its normal but i dun feel gd to hv cyst in me so now i thinking of seeing a TCM anyone has gd one to recommend ?

Hi sunbelle,
This is my 13th week, it's in between of 1st and 2nd trimester.
I only told those colleagues who will be sharing my work if I'm not around and my boss, coz I need their support while I'm away.

Hi Trustbaby,
I think, if possible, give yourself at least 3 mths to "tiao" your body. You can go to see Dr Zuo to get med for endo now. I usually take the herbs she gave during my menses, according to her, it will help to reduce endo and also help in the lining. You can ask her for advice on your next FET too... she's very experience. May be it'll increase the chances if you take her med for the whole process.

Sisters, Don't give up!

I'm going to visit my gynae this afternoon on my blood test result... quite worried... hope everything is fine. I'm keeping my figures cross.
happy.gif

Hi jennette,
My dateline is to conceive by 40. So that I can still use the grant. It is not safe to conceive 1st child beyond this age I guess. My personal plan as well.

How is your result this afternoon? Hope everything is fine

Hi twinmummy,

Welcome. Mine is a general one at Kwang hui Shu hosital. I think the rest are seeing dr zuo. Jenn, where is this dr zou located?

Hi Trustbaby, dun lose heart. When I watch the show 老公万岁 last nite, I cried. As the actress also lose their baby due to no heartbeat. I tot I alreadly get over after a year but jus gt reminded of it last nite. Had a bad dream last nite. Cannot remember what I dreamt off last nite. Yeah somehow when I woke up today, jus let it go. Not easy but the most impt tin is we have tried our very best to preserve the baby like hosital stay and bedrest. Yeah jus sharing with u that sometimes tins do not happen for a reason and jus cannot be explained.

Hi Trustbaby,
I understand your stress. But your chances will be higher if you go tcm...
The test result is fine, except that my red blood cell is a bit low. Gynae has prescribed iron supplement for me.

Hi sunbelle,
Just now the gynae told me to thank god that I'm pregnant even I'm having adenomyosis... I know how difficult it is to get pregnant for us... just don't give up. I feel that we should explore all the options we can. Don't think too much on the past, just move on. 1st thing is to get your weight down and tiao your body. Dr Zuo is at Ang Mo Kio.

Hi Sunbelle,
Thanks for your comforting words. I m still digesting my loss. Keep thinking why? Wat hv I done wrong. Today I was imagining what if I m positive how would I feel now. Must be on top of the world. Well not happening just a thot still.
My triend consoling me by saying it is embies lost for not wanting me n rejecting me. Not worth to brood over. Does
make me smile n feel tt I hv done my best n if they don't wanna stay with me receive my love I can't do much rite.

Hi jennette, I will continue with dr zou yet to tell her my status now. Not sure whether I shld eat her medicine coz I hv a fren got pg just by doing accu. As for you took med n accu. I m
clueless wat is best for me.

I hv been suffering bad cramps since yesterday. A lot of blood clots. Sorry not trying to be gross but looks like meat coming out from me like lumps together with blood. Could that be the embyros or just normal menses. Last time I used to hv similar but not anymore for years. Any idea?

Hi Trustbaby,
I am more KS, I'll do everything if possible. I feel that Dr Zuo's med can help to prevent cysts and blood clots. Before my 2nd ivf, the gynae said I seemed to have some small cysts, but after taking Dr Zuo's med, they've disappeared. Anyway, it's up to you.

I'm not sure about your blood clots, why not ask your gynae or Dr Zuo?

Take care.

Hi Jennette,
I agree with u that we shld tiao first.
happy.gif

Will check with the dr n wat best for me. A bit lost on direction. Just follow the flow

Hi Trustbaby,
I think the next step for you is to follow up with FET, the thing now is to get your body to top condition. That's why I suggest to give yourself 3 mths to tiao first. I know age is catching up, but I'm sure you rather want to be more prepared than just go into doing it, right? well, certain things just can't rush. Good luck & take care!

Hi jennette,
Thanks for your advise. Appreciate it. You hv been an inspiration.
Will see how things go. I definately do my best having in mind my timeline that I set for myself. If I m in my early 30s I m not so worried but at 40 coming. Not so advisable. A lot to take into consideration.
Still not giving up yet
happy.gif

hi jen
Is Dr Zuo gd ? and where is she located ? i wanna see her to tiao my body ...hopefully can contro; my menses flow , thou now w mirena the flow is reduce by 90% but i dun like the side effect .tks

hi mummy,
Dr Zuo locates at AMK Ave 8 Blk 505 #01-2670. Tel 64560833. Must call to make appt. She's very popular in this forum, a lot of mummies-to-be go to her.

hi trustbaby,
You are very brave, I believe you won't give up so easily. I just visited Dr Zuo last Sat, she told me she got a patient who is 41 yrs old, also only 1 embyro and has already delivered.
happy.gif

I have seen Dr. Zou since March....

I stopped in June just before I went for checkup. Sort of bad experience lor. I always see Dr. Zou then the last time cuz I think she has too many patients so she roped in another doc. And this doc administered the acupuncture and I almost puked cuz of the electric current.
It was too strong and I had told her a number of times. And her hand was too heavy when she did the acupuncture. I bled on all my points.

My hubby wasn't too happy and wanted me to stop.

Also, Dr. Loh (my gynae in KK) seemed dun really approve TCM.

If you girls wanna see Dr. Zou, my advice is to see during noon. Never go after work. Long waiting period.

Hi Jinnous,
I know that doc, she usually help out on Thur, so I don't go on Thur. I went on Tue & Sat, it's all done by Dr Zuo herself.
happy.gif

Hi jennette,
I m not so lucky as many coz for some reason when every thing is perfect all along can go wrong at the end. I believe my fate is not good. God's will also. I don't blame anything or anyone not even myself. Just look forward n try until I call it a day.

Dr Zou assistant is horrible I agree. I did once with her n I jumped up when she poked one on the bk. It was the most painful accu I had in my life. After tt I phobia now better coz I nvr met her again. Thank Goodness.
Today I shared my prob with Dr Zou but she nvr really say anything as to why I fail. I asked whether I shld take medication she said better so I took some home since no harm. I feel sometime whether she knows how to diagnose my case. I think she is clueless n so m I .

Ya.... I ever tried the TCM in Hougang.... very famous one.... old doc from Tong Ji. But I only saw her 2nd time that's it. Sorry but I really cant stand her. She saw my temp chart and commented my temp very low.... and proceeded to show me other ppl's temp charts! Asked me to see and said all the women's temp high, all above 37 degrees, mine so low only 36 nia... blah blah...

Made me feel worse... like "xue shang jia shuang". I got prob that's y I see you.... u dun have to amplify my prob lor...

anyone knows if it is possible for a doc to give hormone jab to patient after a lap surgery without informing the patient about it?

Hi Trustbaby,
I think may be you need to give Dr Zuo some time. Anyway, just relax, don't give yourself any stress, may be you can take some vitamins to boost your health too.
happy.gif

Hi anggie,
by right the doc or nurse will inform the patient, otherwise you can sue them...

Hi jennette,
I hv been pu. I did take red dates drink but I worry on my endo whether it will encourage endo growth.
Well i just take it la. Can't worry too much.

Hi Trustbaby,

I read a book on endo, it says to avoid taking anything contain wheat & soy, take more fish oil & brocolli, it will help to reduce the endo. I guess when I was on diet previously, I skip all the carbo and only eat meat & veggie, that's why it improved my condition. You can try.

Hi jennette
Ya I heard soy are no no. But hard. My soya bean curd is my fav. I do eat once in a while.
How often u go acupuncture during your tiao days with Dr Zou. I wonder whether I need to see her again coz she prescribe me med n nvr ask me to come bk again.

Hi Trustbaby,

I visited Dr Zuo quite frequent, she told me that I have to do acupuncture 2 times a week, so usually I will go on Tue & Sat. Usually she'll give med for 5 days, so if I still have, I'll tell her no need to prescribe med for me during that visit.

Hi Jennette,
She prescribe 5 days med but i din eat the last few days due to constipation. I had to go GP to get the stool softener to that i dont aggravate my pile. Sigh, i had pile since in my 20s...now becoz of too many heaty food these day and Dr Zou med i believe i hv become super heaty.
Dr Loh also prescribed some constipation medicine.
Does accu weekly helps on the womb?

Hi Trustbaby,
Ya, the med is a bit heaty... you can take some prune juice to help in constipation.
By right accu will help to improve the womb condition. I've read on the net that quite a lot of pple get better after accu... but it takes time lor...
happy.gif

hi all, I thought I can share some happiness in this forum but unfortunately, things didnt go too well and my M came.

But well, I am not giving up yet.

Hi PiPi
You have done your best.
happy.gif

We know how u feel. Hang on there okay. Same here I wanna share good news to this thread and still hoping.
We support each other okay until we succeed.
happy.gif

helloooo...

i will be doing lapro to remove cysts, fibroid and endo in 2 weeks time. can anyone share some advice on lapro? i feel quite scared and lost as gynae wasn't very clear in explanation how the lapro will be. usually under what circumstances do you need to take the Gnrh jab after lapro? or it is adminstered on all patients after doing lapro? how soon do you recover from the lapro (as in pain management)? any things I should avoid taking after the lapro?

sorry for so many questions. hope someone can enlighten me, please!

Hi dolphy,
Before surgery u hv to fast n nurse will prepare u.
Everything happen very fast n when u wake up u may not feel the pain at all since u will be heavily medicated.
You will try to urinate so that your internal system will go bk normal. Reduce bloatedness due to gas that was early pumped into your system. I took the gnrh jabs for 3 mths. To suppress any micro endo (in my case) that may not be seen during operation. I don't feel pain much after discharged. In fact I can walk about quite immediately. For some ppl the healing may be longer so you monitor your body condition.
Rest more n eat well to recover fast. Don't worry it is a quick 3- holes surgery. You will be fine. Endo will return easily like in my case. It could be due to diet or fertility treatments. So do take care thereafter to prevent, if possible.

Hi trustbaby,

thanks for the advice.

i read that the gnrh jabs give alot of side effects and for some, their menses cycle go haywire after stopping the jab. did you had similar experience? i'm praying hard that I don't need to take that jab though. so that i can resume TTC immediately.

did you do any fertility treatments right after you stop your gnrh jabs?

my endo appeared after i had too much bu due to miscarriage. i suspect mine was due to TCM. so now, i absolutely avoid TCM 100%.

Hi dolphy,
Hot flushes n moodiness. Most cases you will ask to go for the jabs.
Yes I did fertility treatment thereafter. Normally treatment will encourage the end to be back. So best to get pregnant fast.

Dear ladies

I m new in this thread, n i hv advanced stage adenomyosis. Any warrior here w adenomyosis successfully conceived naturally or thru ivf? I was once told by a gynae to gv up hope in ttc or ivf, e only way for me to hv my own kids is to find a surrogate mom. I almost wanted to kill myself when gynae
told me tis in my face

Like some of u, i hate dread seeing frens pregnant. I dun
wish them bad but e sight of their tummy growing jus upsets
me. I hate hate hate myself sometimes for feeling tis way but
i can't help it

Sometimes i m so disheartened n i realli dunnoe wat to do w
myself

It is veri comforting to read alot of supportive n encouraging
posts here, selfish of me.....but i wld like to find strength n
encouragement from this thread. I dare not even tell my gf
truly how i felt abt seeing them one by one getting pregnant, i
guess it is cos i dun wan to b preceived as bad hearted or emotionally unstable towards pregnant lady

I m postin tis straight from how i feel n i dun hv any ill intention to offend or hurt anyone. But if my post upset
anyone in any way, my advanced apology.

H

trustbaby, did you also experience bloatedness or like increase of appetite? as the day of ops draws near, i feel more scared. been having weird dreams about this. hahah.. yup, hopefully after this lapro, can become super fertile and be preggie with healthy bb. gynae is confident that i will conceive soon after the lapro. but we are already mentally prepared to go for ivf after 2-3 mths of natural ttc if still don't conceive. did you take any bu food after your lapro?

hannah, don't worry. I went through that stage as you a couple of months back. i was really emotional and whenever i hear frens being pregnant, i will hide at home and cry. one of my close gf noticed my weird behaviour and she dragged me to attend a talk on managing emotions. It really helped me alot. what is the next course of action that gynae recommend for your adenomyosis? is surrogate mum legal in singapore? *sorry for my ignorance*

Hi gals,

My AF is here. So upset that I failed after even super ovaluation. Din go for the IUI cos we stillwan to try naturally.
My Hubby saw how upset I am and went to book a trip
to japan immediately. I am of cos happy to be able to go japan as if I m preggie I will not be able to go.

Trustbaby, let jia you together. mi might be goin for IUI the next time. I m tired actually. this mth felt like taking a Break frm all these.

Hi hannah, is a normal feeling u are having. Is so easy for frens around me to get preggie. Be positive. I strongly believe one day it will be us. Jus to share that I got preggie last year jus happen to end in miscarriage.one year has passed. I m still trying.

How do u know your adeyomosis is in advanced stage huh? Do u like to drink soya bean milk like me last time? I guess I have over drank last time. yeah or what issit that we have done to
get adeyomoysis? I m quite fat though. Issit fat? I m
building up my health now by exercising more.

Hi Dolphy

Thanks for yr comforting words, i oso dun noe wat is my next course of actions shld b. Surrogate is not legalised yet in Sin but tat gynae is confidence tat he can get appeal to our govt [to the related govt dep] for me. But s i m not intending to take his suggeztion i din ask further liao.

Sunbelle, i does a half yearly check up/scan w my reg gynae
n was told earlier tis yr that my womb is swollen to a size as
big as macam i m 16 weeks preggie! Plus i hv veri painful
period each mth n heavy flow. Until i hv to take Lucrin jabs to
stop e menses for half a yr so tat i won't b bleed to death. I
had 4 blood tranfussion since yr 2007 due to excessive
bledding from menses, e last time i was hospitalised i lost so
much blood from menses tat my kidney shut down n aftet 4
pints of blood i m still below the req amt of blood, since then
every mth i m running on a deficit! So i am always hving
dizzy spells n breathless from not enuf blood. Until i dunnoe
wat to do w myself now.

Actually i had a miscarriage 2 yrs back. I was 5 mth preggie
w my 1st child, my son din make it. In the end i had to
delivered him naturally. Afterwhich a thorough scan showed tat i had adenomyosis n so i guess overtime the adenomyosis developed frm there.

I had seen TCM, e famous Chen Qiu Mei at Tong Chai, Chen Qiu Lan e popular one at Hougang but still no luck.

Now hopless liao, ang mo doc said cun help liao, TCM also not happening. So now realli dun noe wat else to do but pray.

Sunbelle, actualli i do like to drink soy bean milk but i dun drink everyday la. Does it make adenomyosis worse? I fid quite alot of reading up abt adenomyosis til now stil no research able to confirm wat causes it. By e way wat other food shld we avoid?? I m quite fat too actually, so maybe i shld b like u try to exercise hor??

Hi Hannah,
I too have adenomyosis. I'm 4 mths preggy now, thru ivf. So you did manage to conceive, then you should continue to try. It is still possible to conceive with adenomyosis. I even have endometriosis. But these didn't stop me from trying.

I was seeing TCM Dr Zuo before my ivf for almost 1 yr. I tried Tong Chai before, but no use for me.

I know I have to be very careful now, anything may happen. Sometimes I can be quite paranoid.

Hi Jenn,

That is why you are our inspiration...!!!!
I was told i have adenomyosis too...sian. I didnt think much now just wait for my FET.

wow 4 mths sounds good. you must take care and rest well. did the doc say what happen to the adenomyosis and endometriosis during pregnancy? I told dr zou also on my latest condition.
she gave me the chinese herbs and it tasted yucky...n i no choice got to eat it. sometime i skip once a while when i too heaty.

My ovulation is very late. Now still not here. how to start my new cycle like that
sad.gif

Hi sunbelle, yes we jia you together. try try also fail...well we must support each other not to give up okay. jia you to all as well.

hi hannah, did the lucrin jabs help to reduce your womb size? i think my fren took gnrh jabs to reduce the size and shape of her womb for 3 months and it helped. not sure if lucrin and gnrh means the same thing thou. but don't give up. have faith and miracle will happen! can you try ivf? yes, good to lose some weight for a healthier body for a healthy baby!

sunbelle, i drank soya milk almost everyday for a few years and only stop when i start to TTC 2 years ago. maybe that explains my pcos n endo?? hope you are feeling better now. go japan is good. maybe you can have a made in japan baby.
happy.gif
when are you going to japan?

jenn, congrats! which gynae did you do your ivf with? do you know the gender of your bb already?

trustbaby, you doing natural FET or medicated FET?

Hi Trustbaby & dolphy,
Thanks.
I think the gynae has no clue what will happen, all they say is as long as baby has heartbeat and still growing, then it's alright.

I'm going to visit gynae on this wed, not sure can see the gender or not.
happy.gif

Hi Hannah, mind if I ask why the baby didn't survive? Usually 5 mths is quite stable already.

Oh dear, I'm getting paranoid again.

Hi Jenn,

Now i feel bad!! Pls dun let my experience affect u, pls jus take gd care of yrself n continue praying for yrself n yr baby. I wil also start to pray for u n yr child. Focus n believe tat u wil carry yr bb to ful term n wil hv a smooth delivery n mit yr healthy bundle of joy!

Hey Sunbelle, lucrin did help shrink my womb but e side
effects also quite jialat plus e jab is veri ex!! I paid $460 per
mth for each jab. Wat jab is yr fren taking? Someone
mentioned seeing a Dr Zuo Yu Min r u seeing her? I tot of
giving it a shot leh. Hey wat gnrh jab is yr fren takin? Wat
does e jab do ah?

Jenn hv u seen Dr Zuo at AMK b4?

H

Btw i dun hv access to internet at work n i m using my iphone to visit tis site so sometime i wil a bit longer to revert hor

Back