Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi cuclainne,
with regard to the massage if one is still recovery fr c section, I felt that it is quite risky as the heal is still in the process of healing so not so advisable to do so.

my appt also on 10/10 noon for my growth scan and visit to doc but I will sign up and go for the hosptial tour at 11am that day. wow, u are in yr 37 wks....maybe try to talk to yr bb these few days and ask bb to be co-operative loh. is yr bb a gal or boy?

wow, bb's detergent much expensive than normal detergent loh...

Hi waite,
oic. given yr KKh pink booklet like that also can work.did u charge yr bills payment thru medisave?

I will wash all the given bb's clothes passed down fr my cousin before bb is born as it is for hygenic purpose.

oh, did u mix bb 's clothes with adult cloth to wash then? if so, not so gd tough it is not convenient but for the sake of bb's health and hygenic, do separate their clothes from adult loh. yup, clothes of bb won;t get so dirty so hand wash is ok.

cuclainne (cuclainne),
u can do the massage.. but must wait maybe 2 - 3 weeks after ur c-section has healed.. last time i took only 3days of massage.. haiz.. wanted 2 cont 2 5 days but my massage lady not free.. said got alot of sewing to do.. her massage damn shiok.. till i fell asleep halfway.. haha...

ya, toking abt confinements, some of the "pantangs" set by our folks can be quite ridiculous.. haha~! i went out a few days after i delivered.. damn bored @ home.. haha.. juz now oso went out.. HB bought me the oto trimax.. keke.. hoping to trim my bulging tummy.. juz finish using it for 20mins.. my tummy feel so sore~! like as if i done 100 sit ups.. haha.. but the feeling is nice.. oso hoping to tone down my thigh.. after delivery, i juz noticed dat my thigh is humongous~! but lucky i still can fit back into my jeans..

afcai (afcai),
yup.. charged thro medisave.. juz now a fren of my mum gave me some of unused nappy liners.. about 4 box.. oh dear.. the idea of using nappy freaks me out.. imagine al the washing.. but saves money lah.. i hate doing the laundry.. if machine wash still ok.. but hand wash.. haha.. dun even tink about it.. oh i c, u toking abt those bb clothes being passed down frm other pple.. i do dat too.. but there are some pple who wash clean bb clothes.. i mean the clothes that dey bought.. i oso dunoe 4 wat purpose.. i guez dey muz like doing their laundry.. haha..

eliza_hairi (eliza_hairi),
my MIL is a nice person.. very caring.. but oso very the religious.. for mi, im juz in between.. i noe wat im suppose 2 noe abt religion.. but im not dat.. u noe wat i mean.. dats y i cant imagine living under the same roof as her.. last tym when i wear sumting tight fitting, she will tell my HB 2 confront me.. my HB ok wif my dressing.. but not her.. last tym b4 i got married, i didnt wear d scarf (tudung).. my HB even told me, if married no need to wear.. becoz he noe its takes time lah.. but my MIL told HB 2 tell mi 2 wear d scarf.. i got no choice lah but 2 wear it.. juz 2 please her.. initially i was mad.. becoz no one ever told me how 2 dress.. not even my parents.. but gradually, i learnt 2 accept d fact.. my HB wanted 2 live wif his family, coz he is the only son.. i said i dun want.. so now he is living wif my family.. but goes back frequently 2 his home 2 visit his family.. im cool wif dat.. as long as i dun live there~! ;p

cuclainne,

regarding d massage, its more for those delivering naturaly. if c-sect, better dont massage. coz dono if d wounds have completely healed. eventhough d external wound has healed, dono abt d internal wounds though coz we cant see rite?.

watie,

my hubby d ONLY CHILD, so no choice lor. luckily, he d type who did not impose on me wearing d scarf. even before getting married to him, i asked him if i have to wear d scarf after marriage. i told him if must, i will say bye-bye! hahaha!.... at least now, not so bad la coz i dont have to c my MIL 24/7. c her only during weekends. kekeke.

cutting baby's nail:
from birth until now, i only cut my baby's nails wen she is asleep. no prob at all. every 2 0r 3 days must cut, coz baby's nails grow very fast. i dont like d idea of using mittens too much wen she was a newborn. felt dat restrict her fingers develpment n her fingers n palms always become sweaty.

this pic neva failed to make me smile even on my most horrible days
happy.gif
529723.jpg

most of the time i BM.. but if sumtyms im realy exhausted.. i give him FM.. keke.. if dat ur child?? so super CUUTE~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!

haiyo.. so many typo error.. haha.. i mean most of the time i BF.. not BM.. haha..

u more terok ah.. ur HB the only child somemore.. no wonder.. sometimes MIL can be very evil.. haha.. sometimes i oso wish i dun have 2 wear the scarf.. when i go out c pple not wearing d scarf, i so envy.. HB told mi, if go his place den wear.. if not dun wear.. but after wearing it for abt 2 yrs, if i dun wear it, i sort of feel naked.. yikes~!

watie,

yup, its my dotter. look like boy rite? if i go out wif her, dos aunties always ask, "Boy, ah?". so i make it a point for her to wear a dress everytime go out. but stil got ppl ask "Boy, ah?" even wen she is wearing a dress. DUH!! maybe becoz she botak la... kekeke!!

afcai, mine is a girl. my appointment is at 12.20pm but usually see the doctor about 1.20pm because occasionally he will be called to counsel IVF patients during his clinic. That's why I go later because the husband will make a lot of noise when he has to wait more than 20 mins.

who is your doctor?

watie, my colleague recommended the massage lady - my mom spoke with her and she sounds nice. But since I am not sure if it's going to be a natural birth or not, she said she'll just KIV my booking first.

The husband and I already made a pact - he's let himself go as well (maybe to make me feel better about the weight gain - hahahahah!) so we've planned to do some activities together .. maybe play badminton or something. He was joking about getting me the iGallop but I will never get on that thing!!! Hahahahha! I think it's more for his amusement than mine!

eliza, your baby is very cute. the husband also says so ...

Hi cuclainne,
oic. so is it yr first pregnancy? hmm u got appt during lunch time, tot 12 noon , there's no doc to see cos almost all doc went for lunch (except those sonographer at AMC) and then only be back at 1400pm.

for me, i'm a subsized patient at KKH so no specific doc, so far, seeing diff doc every visit loh. u got yr own gyne? under private?

with regard to the massage thing, can go to any facial/spa outlet or not?

Hi Waite,
did u have any veins, stretchmark during yr pregnancy?

yup, nappy liners quite troublesome to wash esp when bb poo. but it is a budget saving. acc to advise given, maybe used nappy liners durign the day and during the night time then use diapers. tot, during confinement, one cannot touch water mah, how can wash them? unless someone wash them for u...did u engage confinement lady or anyone helping u...

yup, I will wash the clothes that are bought ven they are new cos bb's skin might be senitive mah.

hmmm just no offence for this qns ask, wondering is if one feel very hot when wearing scarf? how come some muslim wear scarf and some do not need. very curious to know?

Hi eliza_hairi (eliza_hairi),
didn't know bb's nail grow so fast and must cut within 2-3 days. the same thing applied when bb is wrapped tightly with blanket which will restrict the movement too.

wow yr bb look so cute, smiling so happy, how many mth she is when this photo is taken? yup, yr gal really look like a boy....maybe bec of botak hair. anyway, gd to keep the hair neat too and also prevent handdruff on bb's scalp.

Some info to share
1) What are the advantages of being a stay-at-home parent?
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babychildcare/6025.html?scid=momspreg:20060925:2961:19394:8899

2) Will having sex hurt after giving birth? If so, what can I do about it?

http://www.babycenter.com/expert/baby/postpartumsex/11807.html?scid=momspreg:20060925:2961:19394:8899

3) Is there any way to predict when I'm going to go into labor?
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/childbirth/181.html?scid=mbtw_preg29:20060925:0:0:0

4) What are Braxton Hicks contractions?
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/childbirth/156.html?scid=mbtw_preg29:20060925:0:0:0

Third trimester
With Third trimester starting, which means both you and yr baby are in the homestretch! With his eyesight maturing, your baby can actually see light through the womb and will even turn toward a light now. You may start experiencing more uncomfortable symptoms, like restless legs that make it hard to sleep at night. Soon you'll see why it's all worth it, though! And if you haven't already, it's time to nail down your maternity leave plans.

afcai,

wearing head scarves:
actually all muslim females need to put on head scarves by d time they reach puberty if they r in places where men can see them.

But putting d head scarf comes with great responsibility, coz its between d person n God, not jus for d sake of fashion. must be more vigilant of behaviours, decorum n etc. cant be so liberal. as for me, i m not ready for such restrictions yet... hahahah! i m a sinner!

afcai, cuclainne,

my dotter was 4 mth wen i took dis foto. dont know wat was so funny at dat time such dat she smiled until d eyes become 1 line. hahahaha! Now she is 6 MO. Eliza is her name, not mine. kekeke!

afcai, i've always asked for a lunch time appointment so the husband can come along with me.. the first few times, the waiting time is not so bad - it's the detailed ultrasound that is a killer cos it's not at the same clinic. so far, the doctor has been quite prompt with appointment time except when he's called away to counsel patients who undergo IVF treatment with him.

I'm entitled to B1 status but I am going to upgrade to A-class for the birth. My colleague, who is a former nurse, made the initial clinic arrangement for me so I've only had to see the same doctor so far.

last tym when my toddler dotter was abt ur dotter's age, pple oso ask whether she's a boy or a gerl.. eventho its sooo obvious she's wearing a dress.. haha.. if eliza is her name den ur HB name muz be hairi i guez? so wats ur name?? haha..

afcai (afcai),
nope i dun have veins on my legs or other parts on my body.. but i do have alot of stretchmarks to spare.. hehe.. i use d stretchmark cream oso no use.. waste of money only.. ;p im staying wif my mum so she's d one helping mi. but i wash all the laundry @ hm.. used 2 it liao.. initially when i started wearing d scarf, i was sweating like a pig.. hehe.. but gradually, my body somehow managed 2 adapt 2 d hot n humid weather.. its true wat eliza said.. wearing d scarf comes wif a lot of responsibilities.. its like a pact u made wif god.. sum pple r not ready 2 wear it yet.. sum pple r trained frm young 2 wear it.. my sis-in-law was trained 2 wear d scarf frm age 3~! poor thing rite.. 4 mi, i wun let my dotter wear d scarf at such an early age.. she will tend to lose out on alot of stuffs if she does so.. i let her 2 decide for herself..

cuclainne (cuclainne),
my HB oso let himself go during my preg.. haha.. den he still got d cheek 2 tell mi 2 slim down b4 his company dinner n dance in november.. haha..

watie

ur guess is rite :p. i m very predictable rite. kekeke
my name ahh... ppl always tease as "the teenage witch". u want to guess?? heheheh

afcai,

stretch mark cream:
d only effective stretch mark cream i no is Strivectin SD. cost $300+. my kolig had bad stretch marks coz she lost alot of weight. wen she use dis cream, d marks fade alot. almost invisible. another alternative is laser treatment.

the best way to prevent stretch marks on tummy is before u have them. dats y wen u first got to know u r pregnant, everyday must start rubbing oil or cream on tummy oready.

but have stretch marks on tummy is ok wat... its d imprints of motherhood. unless u intend to wear midriffs laa.... kekeke.

watie,
tell me wen OTO Trimax start to give u results k. coz i have to start finding other means to maintain good figure. n i hate exercise!!! rite now d methods i use a bit ex to keep up laa....

watie, occasionally i would rub the husband's tummy as he would do mine and ask how far along he is - usually he'll sulk and say, yes he's gained a little weight but overall, he knows that i'll love him just the same.

eliza, i am entitled to some maternity benefits - at the moment, i don't have to pay for anything .. just come for my appointment and tests, show my KK medical benefit card and go back without paying la .. otherwise it'll sure to burn a hole in my pocket.

cuclainne,

dats wonderful. i used to pay ard $65++ for every visit at TPS. the baby havent born but so much money spent oready... hehehe.

Mine would come up to about the same amount, and it's not even at TPS - i see my doctor at Clinic D cos the benefits don't cover consultations at TPS (more for private patients).

i noe i noe~! ur name is SABRINA~! keke.. as 4 mi, im too lazy 2 tink of a nick, becoz in later stage muz intro pple my name oso.. hehe.. today whole day i got no time to use the oto trimax.. wat methods u use? oto trimax consider quite ex already.. care to share? u go 4 slimming session? slimming session very ex... juz now i juz ate BK mushroom swiz n fries.. feel so super guilty after that.. :-(

cuclainne (cuclainne),
i oso do d same thing 2 my HB.. he looks as if he is 5-6mth preggie.. haha.. i told him if i slim never mind.. he muz be chubby2.. coz later when i lean on him got comfort (cushion).. haha.. u so lucky got maternity benefits.. go checkup w/o paying anitin.. u damn lucky~! 4 mi subsidized patient already feel dat d check up can burn a huge hole in my pocket..

I juz got back from NUH this evening.. went 4 my postpartum checkup n my son had 2 do his hearing tez.. he failed his hearing tez for his right ear.. but luckily he passed.. juz now @ NUH sumting really funny happened.. i was waiting @ dayroom wif HB for my son 2 finish his hearing tez.. i gave d nurse my HB hp no.. n d nurse said she will give me a call upon the completion of the hearing tez.. after 30mins of waiting, the nurse called.. my HB answered the call.. the nurse didint realize dat she was toking to my HB instead of me.. haha.. after hanging up, he told me dat d nurse should consider going for her hearing tez~! haha.. i almoz rolled over the floor.. so funny..

oh by the way, hows the air over @ u ladies house? @ Jurong Point the air was so bad dat i closed d window for 2 days already.. to make matter worse, i was living on d 10th floor.. all d haze is not good for my newborn..

last time when i want to slim down, i went to d doctor 2 pescribe me sum appetite supressant.. DUROMINE.. dunoe wheder u've heard of it b4.. i took dat for abt 1mth, i lost so much weight pple tot i was sick~! i lost 10kg.. i agree its not a healthy range.. but after dat i stopped taking d pills after a month.. coz of the side effects.. but luckily my weight maintained after dat.. but duromine is quite cheap.. 1mth supply cost abt $36.. luckily im tall.. so rite now i dun look 2 much on d chubby side.. but still a little overweight.. *sigh* haha.. 3kg more to go, im back 2 my pre preggie weight.. yey~!

wate, i read that most newborns fail their preliminary hearing test .. they usually pass the second one.

yeah, the husband was asking me if it seemed hazy when we were out over the weekend. i said it was - he thought his spectacles had fogged up .. hahahaa, so funny. i don't open my windows even when i am at home, we prefer to just have the aircon running .. but if it rains, then the curtains and windows are open for us to enjoy the coolness..

cuclainne (cuclainne),
u can teach mi how 2 bold words?? hehe.. easier 2 read.. i dunoe lah.. plz enlighten mi..

yup moz newborns failed their hearing tez.. coz inside their ear got fluid.. so d nurses cant take the readings..

your HB very funny.. juz hope d haze clear up soon.. im getting sick of d hazy smell..

watie,

so clever... u guess my name rite.

weight loss:
oh ya, i have heard of duromine. my sis is taking dat. but i m taking REDUCTIL, also an appetite suppressant. 1 mth supply cost $130. but its really effective la, now dat i m fasting also dont feel so hungry. n i dont suffer any side-effects. chubbiness runs in my family so must make effort to maintain weight lor. before i got pregnant i oso went for MESOTHERAPHY for my arms n thighs. spot reduction. i m not very tall (1.52m only!!). so a little weight gain will be very obvious. i gain a lot of weight after pregnancy, has really good appetite. i still nid to shed 3kg more.

haze:
yday was really bad. my eyes were so uncomfortable, made worse coz i wear contacts.

mummies,

I have too many baby stuffs. so i m thinking of selling off these items at lesser than half of its price:

1) Combi stroller - reversible handle
2) Mamalove pram - never use before
3) Avent bottles
4) NUK bottles
5) Avent warmer
6) Medela electric breast pump - never use before
7) Pigeon and Gerber breast milk bags - never use before.

so look out for my new thread yah...
happy.gif

watie, you can see how to bold the words on the <u>help</u> link at the bottom ..

eliza, do you have pictures of the items you intend on selling?

cuclainne,

i will start a new thread for d items by d end of today. need to consolidate d items. will definitely include pictures.

REDUCTIL.. hmm.. never heard of it b4.. but it is sure expensive.. MESOTHERAPY.. isit expensive? does it really works? i asking coz im curious to noe whether those beauty salons really produce results other than expensive prices. ;p same2.. we can work towards our 3kg goal.. keke.. the air is clearing up a little.. not too smelly.. ya, i will keep a lookout for ur thread.. tag ur thread wif ur name ya.. so we noe its urs.. who noe maybe we can meet up.. ;p

cuclainne (cuclainne) , i did it~! thnx for telling me.. hehe.. now i can bold my words everywhere... ;p

hmmm....

where is afcai (afcai) &amp; BS S (rojakz) ?
they muz have been bz getting all their BB stuffs.. ;p

533538.jpg
533539.jpg

Combi Super Mechacal DX stroller
Reversible handle; Full-cover large canopy
Slight defect at harness strap but very durable stil. Have used for 4 mths
Selling at SGD 100 (RP SGD 238)

533554.jpg

Brand New Avent Feeding Bottle 330 ml
Variable flow teat
Free: 2 sealing discs + 2 soft spout/valves
+ 2 Magic Cup handles
Selling at SGD 12 (RP SGD 35.60 for the whole
set)

533562.jpg

NUK feeding bottle 250 ml set
5 motifs
Free: 2 NUK silicone teats for thicker feeds
+ 2 NUK latex teats for thicker feeds
Selling at SGD 25/set (RP SGD 55+)

watie,

MESOTHERAPY:
dis therapy cant be found in salons. only at clinics done by certified doctors. abt $500 per session. must go for 6 sessions. but so ex laa.. after 2 sessions i didnt go oready. but my arms n thigh did reduce in size. but now after pregnancy, arms n thighs swell up again.
sad.gif

Hi eliza_hairi,
oic. the photo of yr bb gal is quite a nice capture moment. will also take photo of bb and show it to them when they grow up. those natural and nice moment hard to come by. for me, as a bb, have not taken so much photos loh.

hmm oic, but my friend who is also a muslim, she did not wear scarf when she attended tertairy class leh. the only time when I saw her wear scarf is during her wedding. oic. u can dun need to wear meh?

wow, the stretchmark cream u mentioned is really very expensive man.....I did not buy any cream, it is given by my col when she went malaysia.for me, I only applied the cream abt 4mth onwards but as for my veins....too late and sad to say, it cannot be fade off liao.

haa...maybe with regard to the bill seeing doc etc, file them up and then claim it from bb when they grow up or hubby. :p. I also placed those bills into the file for future reference if required.

as for the weight gain, my col only placed the dunn what the thing call onto her tummy. so with that particular thing, she eat a little bit and then full liao. she did not take any slimming pills etc.

hmm u dun need to use the stroller for yr bb meh? u got extra? my hubby's sister has bought the stroller for us liao.

Hi cuclainne,
oic. are u doing yr detailed ultrasound at level 2 - the delivery suit there? they also have appt at lunch meh? my growth scan is next tue at 1400pm but will be signing up for hosital tour of delivey suit etc at 11am that day 9only available on every tues). have u tour ard the hospital? did u sign up for Antental class with KKH? my class is on every thur.

wow, upgrade to A class for birth but expensive, no subsized then, for me I will remain in B2. it is nice of yr col to arrange the same doc attending to you, it is gd for u then at least dun need to repeat so many details.

hmm...u mentioned that u dun need to pay during yr visit to doc, did they deduct fr yr pay instead? for me, I used my CSC card for every visit so I dun have to pay cash.

Hi waite,
Thanks for 'missing' me and BS_S....haa..oops joking, no lah, just feel tired these days so only come in twice or thrice per wk only. bb stuff still got lot have not buy....will be gg to look for cabinets this sun and gg to chinatown for market survey the bathtub and bb stuff....

wow, so gd, no veins, mine appeared behind my thigh like blue black brusie like that. so ugly... oic stretchmarks, did u always go and stretch when itchness? for me, I think stretchmark cream seems workable for me, at least keep my tummy, thigh , waist etc moisture. when I feel warm, tummy will be itch but remind myself not to stretch tough they are a lot of tiny red dot on my tummy. I just apply the cream loh.

now u are in confinement and shd not be touching any water mah or else body will ache easily when one turn older. u still do the laundry?

haa...yup, guess it is heaty when scarf. wow, so young already trained to wear scarf, guess the children wore really like the hotness but as what u mentioned, once get used to it, then ok. my neighbour twins granddaughter did not wear any scarf when they go downstairs but only wear when they attended pre-Kindgarten.

so have u start bathing and washing yr hair etc before yr confinement end 2 wks times?

must all bb go thru hearing test? or did u just have the appt with NUH to do the test? so after delivery (abt how many wk ??), do the mummy need to do a check-up? can share what 's the check up abt?

Hi all
just finished my event yesterday so i'm feeling quite relieved! Phew... hahaha.. I was too stressed to log in the past few days cos' everyday come home feeling tired lah.

Just went for my check-up today and I cant believe it man.. i gained another 2.3kg... this means that throughout the whole 8 months, I've gained a total of 15kgs... haiz.. going to have a hard time losing them leh...

talking about appetite suppressents, I have taken duromine before, but they make me feel thirsty leh... and until today, whenever I am hungry, I will feel thirsty. so i am scared of taking pills liao... dunno the side-effects lasted for so long. I try to hit the gyms 2-3 times a week cos' my hse here have a cheap and pretty good gym at the CC lah... so must be motivatd. After all, cannot be a yellow faced hag what... later hubby find someone prettier then die liao... hahaha

Hi Afcai
I just did my admission stuff today and the nurse told me that the 'estimated bill size' is inclusive of the delivery suite for the first 4 hrs only. So if your labour is longer than 4hrs, the usage of the room will be charged at $18.50 per hour leh. Haiz.. so expensive to have a bb leh. N this is the subsidized rate liao... i will be taking b2+ leh cos' i think more privacy and we wont lose our subsidy patient status anyway...
happy.gif

btw, can help me ask the doctor if can take out mole while PG? cos although the doctor that I saw today is v. nice, the nurse seemed to be rushing me through the appt so made me forget that I wanted to ask the doctor that question.. hahaha...

I will be shopping for the last few of my bb stuffs this weekend also... like detergent, wipes etc leh... maybe i will go to CHinatown to look c look c also...
happy.gif

Hi Eliza,
Your daughter look so cute in that pic!!! hahaha..
happy.gif
No wonder that pic will always brighten up your day... it brightened up mine! Pray that my bb will be healthy &amp; normal as well..
happy.gif

Back