Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi Eliza
Issit true abt the Eu Yan Sang chicken's essence? Cos' when I was younger, I tried the B****s one and nearly puked cos' the v. v. strong taste. So after that, I thought all brands of chicken essence tasted the same... Hmm.. maybe I'll try the EYS one esp since you said that it doesnt taste so bad.

I already have most of the bb stuff liao... scissors and nail clippers even.. haahah.. cos; my mom KS and bought me all these stuff.. Was thinking of trying Drapolene, a bb diaper cream cos' my bro said that it works for his son leh.. You tried before?

I thought every hospital will give you an enema before delivery? Wont it be very messy if they dont? I think its not only in KKH that they dun give you much delivery options but all hospital in S'pore lah. I think its cos' we are still a quite conservative society. In fact, I remember reading that only 1 hospital have the equipment to handle water birth...
happy.gif

Hi Afcai
The bathtub that i bought is white in colour. I dun have much time to compare prices with the shop at Chinatown leh. Cos'so far, all my weekends are busy doing my personal stuff cos' during the weekdays I am so bz. I will be more free in Oct so perhaps I will go down to have a look...
happy.gif

Hmm..it;s only sometimes that i feel breathless esp when I climb stairs or when i lie flat on my back. Otherwise I feel fine leh.. I think you shld ask the doctor abt this during your next visit ya? Nowadays, hb and I try to walk around after dinner cos' I think it helps with digestion and makes me feel better la... Do you do this also?

I dun know why leh but my hands are getting numb in the morning when I wake up. Maybe its cos' I sleep on them when I sleep on my side so thats why they are numb... mY legs will also feel numb when I sit cross-legged or sit in a certain position fo r too long.. hahaa... oh well, I only have ant 9 more weeks to go before I am supposed to pop... Fast ya???

Why dun you try to show the schedule to your boss and see if he/she can let you leave early? i mean, if you never try you wont know ya? and if she agrees, then you dun need to rush down what..
happy.gif

hie ladies~!

im back~!! got miss me?? haha.. so thick-skin.. been very busy.. coz im still coping with being a mum again for the 2nd time.. my son is abit diff to take care than my dotter.. he slps during d day, and stays awake at night.. my sticthes are healing fast.. and im back to normal.. well, except for my flabby tummy~! haha.. am doing my very best to follow confinement.. coz i desperately wanna get back in shape for hari raya~! hehe..

Here is my birth story.......

15th september woke up early morning to take a shower.. realized that there was a little show.. only a tiny spot of it.. began to feel a little kan cheong.. hehe.. but then throughout the whole day, each time i went to the toilet to check, no more spotting.. began to relax.. still too early, i thought.. because im due on 28/09/06..

16th september
9am: the same thing.. woke up early morning to take a shower, discovered some spotting again.. a tiny spot only..
9.30am: went out to collect some baby items i bought at yahoo auction (sshhhh.. dont tell my HB.. he doesnt know that i sneaked out of the house.. hehe..)
10.30am: reached home already.. i began to experience contractions.. BH contractions.. but very frequently... call HB who was at work and told him about the spotting and mild contractions..
11.30am: HB got back from work.. by then the contractions was getting abit stronger.. but not that painful.. still can tahan.. on a scale of 0 to 10.. i tink its only about 0.5.. haha..
12.15pm: contractions getting stronger.. was already getting dressed to go to KKH.. then it HAPPENED~! my waterbag BURST~! i felt something gushing out from down there.. the moment i looked down, i knew instantly that my waterbag had burst.. i began to panicked a little.. the moment my waterbag burst, my legs suddenly felt wobbly. i couldnt stand properly without holding on to something.. the weird thing was that, after my waterbag burst, my contractions seemed to have stopped.. i thought to myself, oh dear.. how am i supposed to take the taxi with water trickling down in between my legs.. HB called for the ambulance..
12.25pm: the ambulance arrived.. (that was fast) HB grabbed my bag and i lay down on the stretcher.. and slowly they made their way to the ambulance.. and then they told me that they were going to send me to NUH.. i was like HUH? but im supposed to deliver at KKH.. they said since its an emergency, they have to send me to the nearest hospital.. haiz.. i was so looking forward to deliver at KKH.. but ended up delivering at NUH instead.. how ironic...
12.40pm: i was brought into the delivery suite.. a freindly female doctor attended to me.. asked me alot of questions since they dont have any of my pregnancy medical records at NUH.. the female doctor checked my cervix, i was only 1cm dilated.. *sigh* it was going to be a long wait.. the doctor sent me to the ward and said that i have to wait until 12 midnight then i will be pushed back to the delivery suite.. so i was sent to the ward and waited for my cervix to dilate till 12midnite.. *sigh*

17th september
12am: in the delivery suite... the same female doctor checked my cervix.. still 1cm only~! i was so frustrated.. waited for 12hours.. only 1cm.. then the doctor said that i will have to be on the drip.. to induce the labour.. since baby must be out within 24hours after waterbag had burst.. then all hell break loose..
1am: the pain was so bad.. the nurse asked whether i wanted any injections or epidural.. i opt for the gas.. been inhaling the gas so much that i was somesort on cloud9.. haha~!
1.45am: the contractions was already 1 minute apart.. but i was only 1cm dilated~! i began to feel frustrated and angry.. i began to give up.. told HB i cannot take it anymore.. i wanted the EPIDURAL~! he scolded me.. he dont allow me to take the epidural.. he began telling me the side-effects.. *duh* like as if i dont know.. well it was my fault anyway, because before going into the delivery suite.. i told HB.. no matter what, i must not take the epidural.. if i wanted it, he must scold me.. hehe.. i began scolding my HB.. telling him that the one giving birth is me.. not him.. he doesnt have the right to decide for me.. hehe.. but he still wont let me take the epidural..
2.15am: the doctor checked my cervix.. finally some improvements~! i was already 5cm dilated.. but the pain was hell~! the doctor take off the drip.. the doctor said if anytime i feel like passing motion, tell her..
2.40am: all of a sudden i feel like pushing.. i knew the baby was about to come out.. i yelled saying that the baby was going to come out.. was pushing halfway when the doctor told me to stop.. the umbilical cord was around my babys neck...
2.49am: after many pushs later.. finally, the pain was over.. never felt so relieved my whole life before.. my baby was safely delivered at 2.49am weighing a hefty 3.65kg~! no wonder i have difficulties getting the baby out..

My HB reaction when he saw the baby coming into this world from down there, scary.. he told me that for the first few days after the baby was delivered, he had nightmares about the baby coming out.. haha~! then i asked him, you still want some more kids? he replied... err.. i think at the moment we stop at two first..i laughed at him..

Hi Watie
Congrats on your bb boy!! hehe..Eliza found out that you gave birth so thats why you havent been logging in...
happy.gif
Your son looks so cute!! When did you take these pics?

You must have been frustrated leh.. after so many hours in the hospital, still never dilate enough. Lucky, you told your hb to scold you if you want to use epidural. I guess I must tell my hb the same thing too. hehehe.. must be as brave as you to use the gas only.

Have you managed to get all your bb stuff? Esp since your bb came out earlier than expected. Hmm.. the doctor sounded v. friendly leh.. were you also considered as a subsidy patient even though you went to NUH?

Hope you can continue to log in ya? But rest well, so that you can enjoy the upcoming Hari Raya festivities!
happy.gif

BS S (rojakz),
thnx~! the pics were taken @ d hosp... i was scared to use the epidural coz my cuz who use it said that after delivery she cant pass urine.. becoz no sensation.. scary rite~! den i was oso afraid that the doc inject wrongly.. skali affect my spine.. u noe lah mi.. everything oso scared.. haha~!

luckily i managed to get my bb stuffs in time u noe~! he came earlier then expected.. u noe sumtin, as much as i was dissappointed delivering @ NUH, i quite enjoy my stay there.. compared to my stay @ KKH for my 1st child, i find the service @ NUH beta.. u noe how many ppl was inside the delivery suite? there was two nurse, two medical student, two doctors ( the female one is the professor, the other is a male doc).. i feel so well taken care of.. and when i was warded (i took class C), there was an attached toilet to the ward.. compared to KKH C class, the toilet was at the corridor.. not attached to the ward.. if ur ward is far frm d toilet, den u hav 2 walk quite a dist.. n d nurses r super frenly~! even tho i stayed 3 days there, i really feel dun like cumin home.. haha.. the food was delicious.. when i was delivering my 1st child @ KKH, the only person present in d delivery suite was the midwife.. no doctor..

so overall, i tink NUH is beta lah.. no, im not trying to psycho u guys to deliver @ NUH.. haha.. juz telling u my experience.. dats ol..

welcome back watie!!!
happy.gif

keke.... ur induce labour experience same like mine... painful rite? i also requested for epidural. really cant tahan d pain. but my hubby also keep telling d nurse NO EPIDURAL!! as if he knows wats d pain like!! >:[ i screamed n shouted at him.

anyway, good to have u back. ur baby so cute!!
happy.gif

BS_S,

drapolene:
i neva tried drapolene before. but i have heard many comments abt it. i m using Desitin.

Enema:
no leh... wen i deliver in kkh, they neva do enema. but i no in private hospital have.

ambulance:
if u call d ambulance for in case of emergency (water bag burst or etc), d paramedics wont sent u to the hospital of ur choice. even if u scold n swear at them, they will still sent u to d nearest hospital. its their protocol.

How i know?.. my bro a paramedic wif SCDF. keke.

seeing watie's baby increase my urge to conceive another too.. FAST!! furthermore, caring of baby is still fresh in my mind. but until now... stil no good news.. sigh...

Hi BS_S,
oic. white color bathtub. I went to seiyu to shop before my first antental lesson start. Saw a bathtub come in 2 color - pink or blue selling at only $12.90 only. I also saw the bb mattress for play pen and bb cot selling at $25.XX.

On sat, I went carrfour, bought 2 short sleeve rompers (one blue and one yellow) at $2.90 each. that's offer price, i think usual is $5.90.

yup, I also feel breathless when I climb stairs - hate climbing bridge... and also lie on my back. will ask the doc why I needed to breathe hard esp in the morning loh... during my next visit. hmm..no loh....I did not walk ard after dinner.

for me, numb only occurred on my waist or thigh bone cos maybe I stayed in the same post for quite a period of time. as advised my the trainer in my Antental Class, it is not gd for pregnant woman to cross leg cos this will prevent blood circulation from flowing.

yup, so scary, like what waite's case, tot the second delivery shd not be so so early mah. usually, it will be in due time or later. my hubby' s friend second delivery overdue for a wk loh. hopefully, the delivery will be a short one, will u be like waite not to use epidural, for me, I also dunno, I hope i will not use it.

as mentioned by waite thatin the emergency case, abulance will sent the patient to the nearest hospital. wow wondering, what if one is a private patient at KKH then will the personal gyne be informed and then rushed to NUH then? if not, then the private patient $$ visit all along will be wasted then.

I also heard cases whereby NUH service is better than KKH.

ai-yo, my lady boss is a single and in the menopause woman....she halways has mood swing one...last time, one of my indian col (now ex-col as she has tx out liao) requested from her that she needed to release 10mins earlier to collect dunno what...the boss say no and said a lot of 'unreasonable' things.... how can I try. I already hint her I may take almost every thur half day for my Antental class (tough not really true which I will take) and she told me this has to be discussed.

with regard to the essence of chicken, I still prefer Brands os it is much thicker than other brand of essence of chicken (New Moon, zheng zhong housebrand essence from Zheng Zhong medicial hall (if one is VIP member then still got discount of 10%., tough the cost of the 6 pck cost $15) and Eu yan sang).

wondering why must bb use the special nailcipper, can't they use the smaller version of normal nail clipper meh...so expensive, the cheaper I saw is $4 at seiyu. but I think one of my col said she is gg to give me as she is no longer in use as her kids already grow up and it is still new and she has 3 of them.

also wondering what is the scissors used for? - cut hair?

the Ist hospital to try the water birth method is NUH. newspaper somewhere in april 06 has reported that a teacher has tried the water birth method successfully. but KKH is not so flexible.

Hi eliza_hairi,
thks for sharing the tips. with regard to:

re: baby toiletries
what 's abt Johnson and Johnson (cos this brand has been in for a long time)? thinking of buying Johnson Johnson brand products.

re: baby powder
ppls advise me not to use powder, use nappy rash cream (I have the pureen nappy cream) instead. powder will stick to bb's bottom or etc and worsen the rash.

re: other essentials
thks for reminding, nearly forgot the tweezer, will buy it. what is the scissors for? uct hair?

re: breathing hard and tiredness
ypu, agreed, heart also tend to work hard. every time, I have to climb up the slope when I'm bck to my hse so tiring. oic, would still prefer full terms - 40 wks so that bb will be more developed etc...hopefully, will have a smooth and short delivery.

re: relaxation technique
yup, that's true, the mind will not think properly and lost senses....pain is pain and it will overcome one 's mind....

re: Sanitary pads,
oic, will take note of the pad issue. anyway, also prefer to use nite pad cos more comfortable and long enough to prevent leakage.

re:blood discharge after delivery:
yup, maybe when look at the jelly stuff discharge, one won't be likely to take jelly stuff for a period of time liao. haa...

one of my col said she did not bf bec she wanted to rest durign confinement as it wil be tiring and also painful downthere. she got her confinement lady to do more of the taking care bb job.

hmm tot every hospital including KKH which is specialize in woman and child shd have given pregnant woman enema before gg to delivery suite mah. if not, the delivery will be in a mess and poor bb....

wow, waite's delivery experience seem like scary...but delivery seem fast also, she really brave.

Hi waite,
Congrats. thks for sharing yr delivery experience. you are quite brave man...can ta han the pain without the epidual....

oic, wondering what if one is a private patient at KKH then will the personal gyne be informed and then rushed to NUH then? if not, then the private patient $$ visit all along will be wasted then.

I also heard one of my Indian col next office saying that NUH service better - well taken off than KKH. she did also mention that KKH has experienced (specialize in woman and children hospital) and delivered so many bb so they dun really bother whether u were the first time mummy or etc... unlike NUH, they will provide a more 'concern' services to mummy.

eliza, i feel the same way too but the husband is weird like that - he thinks all babies are cute, even if i say they're not.

afcai, i don't know how true it is but when i visited the husband's colleague's wife who just delivered, her colleague commented that my tummy looks 'neat and round' - which seems to go with what you said about ladies who are expecting girls.

i find that the Eu Yan Seng bottled birds' nest is not as sweet as the Brands one. I might rush down and get some more, just to stock up before promotion ends. Otherwise it can be quite expensive yah ..

BS_S, i think afcai mentioned that the promotion will end on 30/9. Better grab a few packs while you can.

Was thinking of washing the baby's clothes in preparation of her arrival. Yup - liquid detergent is better than powder, in my opinion. I was also thinking of getting the detergent from Pureen - like the smell. hehehehe. As for her bathing needs, I bought some items from Avent including liquid talc that turns to powder when dry.

watie, congratulations on your new bundle of joy. Has he been a good boy by letting you rest a lot or is he keeping you up at night?

afcai,

baby nail clippers:
it's good to invest in a quality baby nail clipper so that baby's cut nail will not have rough edges. coz baby like to scratch d face accidentally so may coz abrasion.

baby scissors:
also meant for cutting baby's nails. same function as nail clipper.

baby powder vs nappy rash cream:
actually, i use baby powder coz my mum advice me to do it for a simple rationale. cornstarch powder really absorb moisture. so keeps baby bottom dry. but cream very sticky sticky... baby mayb uncomfortable. but yes, pd will recommend to use nappy cream instead. i have use cornstarch powder since day one n my baby neva had nappy rash. but that's my preference
happy.gif
not imposing on anyone.

baby toiletries:
i find johnson n johnson drying. but dats wen i use on my baby. dono abt others.

enema:
wen i delivered, i poo poo a little n d nurse keep wiping lor... :p

NUH:
d hospital give all-round good service, not just for maternity. d doctors n nurses do care for their patients. maybe becoz its linked to NUS??? so must maintain a certain standard?? jus a guess... :p

eliza, trying to clear some work before going on ML and the temp staff is starting on monday so lots to do ..

at home, also trying to clean the place up a little for Hari Raya .. forgot I am having a baby and asked my mom if people are going to come over to my place this year .. hahahaha, of course they'll come to see the baby .. alamak!

did two cross stitch for the baby too .. but ran out of a certain coloured thread so had to stop .. instead i went to jigsaw puzzle world the other day and spent $200 on five puzzles .. yikes, better not let the husband know. i asked the salesgirl to peel off the price tags .. hahahaha ..

going to frame the cross stitch once they're done - one is a giraffe with hearts, and the other is a cat with the words: when i grow up, i want to be queen of the jungle. hahahaha .. thought it was funny.

my edd is 3/11/06 but if C-section, maybe a few days before or after hari raya la..

cuclainne (cuclainne),
im sooooo excited for u~!! so too bad lah.. hari raya u pantang.. cannot eat all those delicious food~!! muahaha.. (so evil...)

eliza_hairi (eliza_hairi),
how u've been doing? fine i hope?? ya, u muz work hard if u want a 2nd child.. hehe..

afcai (afcai),
wat u said does makes sense leh.. but i dunoe abt dat lah.. im a subsidized patient.. so i guez i will never noe~! hehe..

BS S (rojakz),
u so quiet?? been bz preparing for ur bb stuffs? hehe..

As for me.. im fine.. but my son has jaundice.. brought him to poly.. took blood tez.. doc said jaundice level quite high.. normal is abt 100.. his level is 260.. haiz.. but doc said muz cum back a week later.. take blood tez again.. if it subside.. then is good.. if not, then we will see what will happen from there..

cuclainne (cuclainne),
last tym oso i cross stitch.. but then i stop.. hehe.. lazy lah.. good for u.. then i guez bb room will be well decorated..

ELIZA~~~~~!!!!!!!!
i received ur mail juz now... tankiu so much~!! lucky u didnt give it 2 mi in person.. if not i'd probably squeeze u 2 death~! haha.. i had d shock of my life when i received ur mail.. thnx again eliza.. dun u tink its abit 2 much?? considering we haven even met each other.. hehe..

here's sumtin juz 4 u eliza_hairi (eliza_hairi)
kao_kiss2.gif

Hi cuclainne,
hmm..many of the ppls said if tummy is round and got lot of fresh at the side, bb shd be a gal. hmm..for me, I still find all bottle birds' nest sweet loh.

for me, i will be washing my bb 's clothes in mid or end Nov loh. I am intending to buy a 2-3 door cabinet to store bb's clothing instead of those 4 or 5 tiers drawers bec in future the cabinet can be still in used when bb grow up mah.

must the liquid detergent esp for bb require to use, cannot use normally detergent mah? my mum told me to buy those softlan so thta bb's clothes will be soft after washing.

Hi waite,
but from the bills, do they charge u as a subsidized patient then? did u produce the admission letter fr KKH instead to the staff of NUH then?

Hi eliza_hairi,

re: baby nail clippers:
of cos, have to let bb wear mitten to prevent bb from scratching the face. my col who has 3 children passed me the bb nail scissors loh. wow, quite expensive cost $9.80 loh. she has 3 of them cos she can't find it when she wanted to use it so she bought it again.

re:baby powder vs nappy rash cream:
hmm...will corn starch power cost itchness for bb's skin instead, dunno will bb allegery to it or not. did not knoe that corn starch powder will absorb moisture.anyway, thks for the tips, will ask my mum if she heard it b4.

afcai (afcai),
dunoe leh if they charged mi as subsidy patient.. i dun have any admission letter frm kkh either.. hehe.. i juz gave them my pink booklet (kkh) n my ic.. oh by d way, why muz wash bb clothes b4 bb is born ah?? i never do dat.. becoz find it a hassle.. n oso mi very lazy.. hehe.. i oso use normal detergent to wash bb clothes.. my 1st dotter oso same.. so far no prob leh.. but i hand wash lah.. no machine wash.. after dotter grow up, then all clothes i machine wash.. lazy already liao.. haha

watie, have pantang meh? my mom never told me .. maybe that's why she said if can delay the c-section, then scheduled a few days after hari raya.

there is a little bit of pain in my wrist from doing the two cross stitch for the past few weeks - i think i'm going to relax for a few days and then start again. the husband was so nice to get me the coloured thread that I ran out of yesterday ..

afcai, i am still considering buying a small cupboard/ wardrobe for her from Ikea - guess we'll wait and see if i have mood to go there this weekend .. hehehehe.

i don't know .. i suppose you can super dilute the normal detergent you use. i bought a 1-litre bottle of hypo-allergenic detergent from Pureen for her clothes for $7.70. yesterday bought the bottle cleanser, also from Pureen, for $8.30.

cuclainne,

u still have to do C-section is it? baby confirm not turning downwards??

malays have d 44 days pantang....

ur hubby so romantic.... still help u to get d coloured threads...
my hubby.... haiz! no nid to say la... i practically do everything myself except d babymaking part :p

baby jaundice:

watie, i tink u must keep going to clinic for jaundice checkup until level drop to 100 or below. so troublesome. poor thing rite, everytime baby get poked at d sole. ouch!!

jus make sure baby is fed regularly to flush out d jaundice.

can feed baby water with crystalised winter melon soaked in it to prevent heatiness in baby.

can also bathe baby with dis weird woody branch (melayu panggil 'kayu span') sold in chinese sinsei.

baby jaundice:

watie,

i tink u must keep going to clinic for jaundice checkup until level drop to 100 or below. so troublesome. poor thing rite, everytime baby get poked at d sole. ouch!!

jus make sure baby is fed regularly to flush out d jaundice.

can feed baby water with crystalised winter melon soaked in it to prevent heatiness in baby.

can also bathe baby with dis weird woody branch (melayu panggil 'kayu span') sold in chinese sinsei.

Hi Eliza
No lah.. I havent popped yet.. haahha.. its just that I have been super busy at work cos' I have an event this weekend. So been working OT and then come back too late to reply to the postings lah.

My this coming weekend will be burnt too cos' I will be working...
sad.gif
Haiz... but no choice lah and some more I feel that I have frequent memory lapses due to my PG. And this has created some problems for me at work so I am feeling kind of depressed. I mean, before PG, I had a pretty good memory and now... haiz.. I'll be lucky if i remember anything for 5 mins!
sad.gif

And I foresee that I will have to face some scolding from my bosses after this weekend... haiz.. see how lah

Jaundice:
I thought that one way to prevent it is to sun the bb in the early morning sun? hehee...after all, they got put the bb under the UV light rays in the hospital right??

BB Washing Powder
Hmm.. i think I will buy those especially for bb lah cos' i think the normal types that we use are too 'harsh' for bb skin and may cause allergies in the bb. My sis also emphasized on this leh...

Rashes
Does any mommies have any rashes at the sides of vagina ah? Its itchy and whn I scratch the skin will break and it will hurt... haiz.. i think it's heat rash but what an area to have it man! so awkward leh... maybe I will ask the doctor when I see her/him next week

Hi Watie
Great to see you loggin in frequently now.. hehee..but too bad you delivered at NUH leh..cos' I have lots of questions to ask you... hahaha.. so did NUH give you goodie bag when you leave? I know someone who delivered at NUH but she didnt like it cos' she was put in the same ward as patients suffering from other illnesses...

I think i will be like you and tell my hubby to scold me if I ask for epidural...heheh.. cos' I also heard of all the side effects and I am scared also leh...
happy.gif
hopefully I can tahan then lah.. otherwise sure scream and scold my hubby like crazy...hahaha...

Hi Cuclaine
I dun think I can make it in time to buy the birds nest lah.. let me know next time if there's any other such good deals k?

Wow.. it's good that you can do cross stitch.. heehe.. think I gave back all my sewing skills to my Home EC teacher liao... I sucked big time at it leh... hahaha.. how's your bb preparation coming along?

Hi Afcai
I heard from my teacher that when the bb is still young, it's better to use the scissors to cut the nails lor. and It's better for both parents to cut the nails together, i.e, one to hold the bb hand and one to cut the nails lha. Cos' she say that bb when too young have reflex actions so better not to use nail clipper and not to have only one parent cut the nail leh... later bb move.. then no good lah..

I also attended my last lesson yesterday.. It was quite good lah.. now i know why Mrs Wong class is so popular. She told us not to buy breast pump too early cos' we dun know if we will have enough milk or not.hehehe.. maybe you will learn this in your coming lessons ya??

hmm.. i didnt know that the bb stuff at Carrefour is so cheap leh.. hehee..maybe I will go check it out once my event is over. Alamak.. now it seems that I have so many places to go but no time leh.. hehehe..I want to go to bb Kingdom to look see look see also..

Wow.. your boss sound quite unapproachable & unreasonable leh.. cant she understand that you need to take time off to attend your lessons? she sound quite demanding leh.. haiz.. poor you leh. For me, my boss also have mood swings one so it really depends on his mood lah... hahaha.. he happy, he let me go early, if not.. then skip lor
How long before your EDD are you going to stop working? I was thinking of 1 week cos' I am scared that I will be bored but my friend tell me that first bb may come earlier so... must bring hospital bag to work...

I think I am experiencing the BH contractions leh.. cos' sometimes suddenly I feel sharp pains a t my pelvic area there... haiz.. is your bb kicking you vigorously nowadays??

eliza_hairi (eliza_hairi),
got such thing ah?? i mean the weird wood thing.. i never heard of it b4.. but ive heard of sunning the baby.. but not under direct sunlight lah.. my son eyes abit yellowish.. still abit worried.. but nothing could be done.. on 30th sep will do another blood tez.. to check whether jaundice level have gone down..

cuclainne (cuclainne),
u malay rite?? as far as i know, malay got confinement for 44 days.. but for me, hehe.. i dun really follow.. but i dun take cold drinks.. becoz my body feel abit cold.. so i always take warm hot drinks to warm myself up..

BS S (rojakz),
got.. NUH got give mi goodie bag when i was discharged.. 2 big plastic bag of goodies.. hehe.. den stil got the NTUC baby plus diaper bag(must collect @ NTUC).. yup, i was put in the same ward as patients suffering from other illnesses.. but don't really mind.. ;p hopefully ur HB can tahan see u in pain n not give in to u no matter what.. hehe... i understand what u going thro.. the memory lapse.. hehe.. i was doing my DIPLOMA during my pregnancy.. n i didnt sit for my class test.. i have so much difficulties memorizing those BIZ terms.. yikes~! den i bluff my teacher said i not feeling well.. hehe~!! ;p

memory lapse:

haiz.. i m having that too. jus cant remember things. then school got so many admin things to do. if i dont write down, sure cant remember. then i always lose things coz i cant remember where i kept them before
sad.gif

BS_S,

jus take good care of urself. ur baby first priority k. coz if anything happens to u n baby, they wont be d one taking responsibility for it.

there's a teacher in my sch who worked so hard wen she was preggy. doc only give green light for her to deliver 2 or 3 weeks after EDD leh! coz her baby very underweight! reason, she hasnt been taking care of herself well coz of work. n of coz d school wont take responsibility. Not worth it rite?

For me, my baby always come first. sch management dont like it lor! heck care! they not d one taking care of my baby. n to tink of it they r mothers themselves.

eliza, my next appointment is on 10/10. I will be about 37 weeks then so the doc said if baby still hasn't turned by then, we should schedule for c-section because it's a bit late into pregnancy to allow baby time to turn. so i guess that appointment would be my last la.

hahahahah - he has to do things to make me happy mah .. he's absolutely terrified if i start crying, especially now when i am so emotional and can easily cry over small small things like where to eat for dinner. alamak!

BS_S, no problem.. will let you know if there are any more promotions like that yah.

I still have a few more baby items to buy but other than that, we just need the baby to complete the scene. Hahahaha .. how about you?

watie, yah my mother just told me yesterday. She said if I'm not so pantang, can just stay at home for one month instead of 44 days - die la like that, the husband wants me and the baby to lunch with him on some days so he can show her off but my mom say home confinement for that long .. almost half of maternity leave, you know .. like kena solitary confinement in prison la. What i don't get is she said cannot leave the house for jalan2 but if bring baby to appointment, can do so .. got logic meh?

cuclainne,

i share d exact sentiments as u abt staying at home for 1 mth during d pantang. for baby appointment can go out, but go my mum's place n go out for a breathe of fresh air cannot! had a huge argument wif MIL becoz of it. dats y i left d house after my confinement. absolutely no logic at all!!!!

MIL say mother in confinement cannot touch the ground thats y cant go out. wen i ask y, she cant explain! only say later d evil spirits will disturb baby n mum.

i told her off saying if not required by religion then its not a must for me to follow.

eliza, won't you touch the ground when you go out for baby's appointment? How come that is ok but go jalan2 is not? I think maybe i might not want to follow this 'tradition' la ..

cuclainne,

however, there are others that is good to follow such as d post-natal massage. not dos "spa" type massage or relaxation massage u no. d massage helps to position our uterus/vagina back in place properly so dont suffer incontinence later in life. d massage also help to get rid of leftover lochia dat is still stuck to our uterus n also helps in unwind d "knots" in our body.

Hi BS_S,
hmm..tot can cut bb's nail when bb is lying down mah. yup, agreed, bb will not stay still and might even cry when one do that. Can't even bb is taken to the barber/hairdresser to cut the hair. my friend did not cut her bb's hair from birth till now, now trim on her own. she said she want to leave it. ppls said not advisable to leave bb 's hair from birth cos the hair might get dirty with all the organs etc in the mummy' tummy so it is advisable to cut all of it and let regrow. also remember to apply the olive or bb oil onto the scalp so that hair grow later will look shiny and smooth.

yup, i think so not many ppls will be successfully bf so need to see the situation after delivery loh. I have attended the second lesson y'day on topic - posture and looking after oneself during pregnancy. y'day, doing some exercise on how to prevent legs cramp, pelvix floor excerise and tummy muscle exercise etc. however, I find that it is too late liao cos I have already have lot of veins behind my right thigh. the thepy said that to reduce or prevent vuclose veins, try to move yr angle and toes inwards and outwards 50 times before bedtime. did u have a lot of it? so did u do the exercise that u have learn in the Antental class?

praY hard I will not have stretch marks. I also borrowed the topic on bf VCD fr the mini KKH library loh. yup, there's the bf topic in one of my class next mth.

will drop by chinatown bb outlet located at people's park there next sat after my Antental class (a complimentary lesson on the topic on the nurturing Your Child + Bonding with Your Child + The ABCs of Vaccinations). yup, Mrs Wong from TMC also wrote book too about the bf, birth of child etc.

dunno, so I dun want to raise up the time off issue loh or later kana scolding. but boss sometimes when she is in gd mood, she is really gd or else...... male boss of yrs also has mood swings meh? tot it only female single boss and near t menopause type will tend to have mood swings only. I dun think I will stop working, maybe will continue to work but during the EDD date (provided no prelabour) will go to hospital for the checkup loh. will ask doc the qns and procedures when date approach loh. when the delivery date is getting nearer, one will have to go for wkly checkup. by then, one will know the situation if celvix is diluted or not. huh, so troublesome , must brign the 'heavy' hosptial pre-packed bag to work, no need lah, if really prelabour then call hubby to get the bag while one is on the way to hosptial loh.

yes, bb is much active nowadays loh. nowsdays also felt so tired easily and also sweat a lot. ppls in office wear jacket but not me. tough finger cold but body very warm. yday, there's an article in the Straits times showing a premature bb born and wrapped in 'bao xian zhi" (those plastic wrapper used to wrap food). the purpose is to keep the temp warm and it is better than using blanket. it applied to NUH.

hmm same same, also got some lapse memory problem, b4 pregancy can said my memory is gd but now....maybe bb is absorbing part of it... eg, I forgot what I wanted to get when I reach the destination (b4 that remember but...) and also what I suppose to do there.

so what type of cabinet did u buy for yr bb?

Back