Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi Watie,
Hope you dun pop this week ya? Kinda know the feeling that you need a little bit more time to prepare your stuffs...
happy.gif

Your daughter sounds cute! It's good that she's not scared of strangers ya? they are cuter that way but must also teach them not to trust strangers totally.. there's lots of baddies out there!!

Wow you must really good with your sewing leh.. sew the bb pillow and bolster yourself... nice... hahaha... the only sewing i know is sewing the button back to the shirt/skirt... other than that, I never tried before cos' I was really bad at it during home EC liao...
happy.gif

HI Eliza,
I go to Holland Drive once a month for my facial! And I like this cool place called Essential Brew...it's a pretty nice place to chill out after work.

But like you said, parking is bad and so that's why we rarely go there liao.
sad.gif
Sorry to hear about you and your hubby. Hope that things will be alright between you two..cos' like you said, the bb needs a father also... Do let us know if you need a shoulder..
happy.gif

HI Afcai,
You are pretty observant leh... hehehe... I didnt notice the price difference of the obimin. Yup, mine cost 5.25 (w/ GST) cos' I always buy based on the doctor prescription. I didnt even bother to check out the price at Guardian cos' I still have 1 bottle to left...

My next appt is 3 Oct afternoon lor... cos' in the evening I have to attend my doctor's talk (last lesson of the prenatal course). Somemore afternoon, easier to ask the doctor for MC lor... at least, I hope so lah.. cos' like i told the doctor that time, I have no more leave liao. After I found out that I am PG i always use my leave to see the doctor one. Didnt know that they will give MC after you told me!

Aiyoh, I dun dare to think about veins and stuff leh...i think I have a lot!! hahaha... ya, I agree we look like penguins nowadays but with trunks for legs.. my legs look very ugly especially when I have water retention, which is mainly everyday liao.

I cant wait for all this over to be over leh... I feel easily tired these days, do you feel the same? Like today, I woke up at 10plus and now I feel sleepy again.. dun really feel like doing anything else... haiz... such a lazy mommie..hehe.. hope my kid dun inherit my laziness... otherwise jialat leh...

I dun think the bb will feel warm inside the sling lah.. cos' the material dun seem very thick... but I think it's good cos' the bb will feel like they are v. close to you. I am not getting the yao lan leh cos' no space so maybe it'll just be matress on the floor lah. My PIL can always help to rock the bb to sleep lah..if need to...hahaha

BS_S,

is d lady who do ur facials called Ally Low? u do IPL ah?

Cord Blood,
u must tell d doctor early if u want to donate cord blood coz u n ur hubby nid to do tests to see if suitable to donate (in case of presence of diseases or etc). if not, they may not want to kip ur baby's cord blood. wen i delivered i told my gynae i want to keep my baby's cord blood, but he said too late coz must tell him very early.

regarding my marriage, actually i m not so affected by it. coz i prefer to be independent. just dat i wonder y mine not like other ppl, so happy n together always.

afcai,

BH contraction not painful... at worst jus feel uncomfortable dats all. but will feel ur tummy hardened. BH contractions is nothing like d real contraction. 100x more painful!!!! hahahahah... scare u mummies!! keke.

Hi Eliza
No leh... My beautician is not called Ally.. Their shop is at Holland Drive and I have been going to them for a few years liao.. pretty good cos it's painless when they extract the blackheads!
happy.gif
I dun do IPL lah.. too ex liao... cos' i spend a bomb on their basic cleaning & moisturising products liao... so cannot afford their IPL. If you want to know, I can PM you their shop name & addy.

Hmm.. I didnt know that donating cord blood also must say early ah? Thanks for the info! Think i will tell my doctor during my next visit.. or else, I will just email the S'pore Public Cord Bank lah.. easier...

Btw, I am thinking of removing a mole on my face now leh.. you think its ok? Cos' I finally mustered the courage to and I dun want to delay anymore... hahaha.. my friend recommended me a place that is not so painful...
happy.gif

I think every marriage is different lor... and that only the parties involved know best the whole story so that's why i think that as long as you are comfortable with it and are quite happy, then shouldnt think too much about it ya? After all, like you said, you are financially independent and frankly, if you have made the effort but your hubby is not reciprocating, it's his loss lor... But all the best k?
happy.gif

hi BS_S,

i used to go for facial n its at holland drive too. she is good, very thorough wif extraction but always push her IPL service la. if i m not wrong, there are only 2 facial salons at holland drive rite?

if it makes u feel good after dat, do it by all means. coz u really nid all d self-confidence after delivery. how will ur mole be removed? for me i m contemplating of to be on reductil (weight loss pill) again. super-effective!! nid to lose a few more kilos gained after giving birth. after giving birth, my appetite increase like nobody's business!!! i tink i will c d doc today.

u r going for d free cord blood banking yah? Hmmm...Anyone can use leh... btw, did u manage to go to the Motherhood Expo last june?

watie so quiet today.. maybe she pop liao! keke

as for my marriage, maybe its going thru a transition. i jus have to storm thru it yah... thanks for ur support <hugz!>

Hi Eliza
I am not sure how many facial salons are there at Holland Drive leh. Cos' I dun hang around to shop after my facial sessions leh... cos there's nothing much to shop anyway. I would usually walk over to HV if I want to shop around... haha

Hmm.. my friend say that the mole will be removed by applyin a cream leh. So it shldnt be too painful.. I am worried if the bb will be adversely affected by the pain leh.. So that's why asking around if anyone has undergone anything similar while PG.

Is reductil available OTC or by prescription? I think better dun eat too much also cos' may have l/t side effect. And it makes you dependent on it. Last time i used to pop appetite suppressants and until today, whenever I am hungry, I will get v. v. thirsty (even though I hv stopped eating them for 10 over years). Maybe you can bring your daughter for walks? I think it will help cos' you &amp; your daughter get to exercise &amp; fresh air!
happy.gif

I went to the Motherhood Expo in June but there was nothin much to see leh. Only signed up to get a free mag and my mom bought a few packets of seaweed... hahaha... Did you go there as well?

Haiz... feel like i've wasted my money attending the prenatal class... the instructor that i've signed up for is so lousy compared to the other one... I think will feedback to the hospital and try to switch class or get a refund...

Btw, what subject do you teach ah?
happy.gif

hi BS_S,

reductil is by prescription only. d last time i was on reductil, i lost a few kilos n got pregnant. trying to see if i can have d same luck d second time. hehehe! side effects.. hmmm.. i didnt experience any.

haiz... eversince gave birth, have not been paying attention to my appearance. unlike before pregnant where i must admit i m quite a vainpot. keke.

To tell u d truth, i always bring my daughter for walks. weekends abt 3 times a day in fact. its just dat i cant control my appetite.

is prenatal class same as d antenatal class? i didnt sign up any wen i was pregnant coz i dont hav time, n it states dat dat hubby or mother must accompany. both not free for my case. so forget it la. i read up from books n magazine instead. how come d instructor so lousy?

i have heard of mole removal by applying cream. d cream will "freeze" d mole rite? n then easily removed.

i teach chemistry n maths.

u got any cravings throughout ur pregnancy? my craving was pineapple. almost everyday must eat at least 1 slice, then happy.
happy.gif

Hi Eliza
Ya,I know what you mean lah.. nowadays I also find it diff to control appetite...hahah...but i tell myself that for the sake of bb and myself, MUST control...
happy.gif

I think prenatal &amp; antenatal class is the same lah. My instructor is not v. good lah and I wouldnt know the difference if my class didnt over-run yesterday. Sheesh.. I thought that it was normal for her to keep repeating what she told us and that she just left us alone to watch the video. Until the next lesson instructor came in and asked us 'you mean my nurse let you watched the video alone?'... and she was super informative lor.. at least, she shared new info with us lor.. unlike my instructor...so I am going to call them up to change class lah.. otherwise I will feel that I waste my $$$

hmm.. i dun really have any cravings leh.. but i liked eating oranges during my first trimester.. is that counted?
happy.gif
BUt then I heard that it causes phlegm in bb so i stoppped lor. Wow.. you ate so much pineapples ah? But I thought ppl say that its not too good?

Right now, I am also avoiding some stuff to eat lah.. like Del Monte bananas, beef (cos' of my MIL religion), barley seeds to name a few... my MIL quite pantang one when it comes to some things... hahaha

I try to let my bb to listen to music now but a bi t not convenient to read to him leh so that's why have not done anything.. hehehe.. hopefully, the music will soothe him after he's born..

How big was your dd when she was born? Saw lots of videos yesterday (during my class) on the diff methods of giving birth.. felt a bit funny on seeing them leh...
happy.gif

hi BS_S,

my mum told me not too eat too many yellow-coloured stuff like oranges n food cooked with tumeric coz may cause jaundice. but dono how true is dat.

ya la... my craving a bit "dangerous" coz pineapple not so good. maybe dats y i got preterm labour problems?? but i get very upset if i don have a bite of pineapple... its dat bad lehh.. lucky my baby is fine.

my baby was 3kg wen born at 36 weeks. initial my doc say at most my baby will be at 2.4kg, at most 2.6kg and my tummy was very small. my tummy only show at 5-6 mth only. i didnt wear or buy any maternity clothes. my tummy didnt expand much. wen water bag burst, a lot of water come out, really alot! so doc confirmed baby is small. but wen delivered, 3 kg!! my hubby say my episiotomy cut very long. my daughter d biggest n most active baby in nursery ward. she is still so active now!!! after delivery, my doc say maybe my baby really curled up tightly in my tummy dats y feel small. heheh.

so u have tot wat method to use or how r u going to deliver? but kkh very strict la. they dont really allow u to deliver according to d methods that u prefer. like standing or on all four. they will still strap u to d bed with different wires attacthed to u.

Hi BS_S,
haa...yup, I'm the market survey loh.. hubby also too...when we buy our furniture for our new hse, every must grab from warehse sale or offers or else we will wait. anyway, we are those budget saving type...even we do survey when we shop for our lights during the reno too.

huh, yr pretnal course so short meh....what the prenatal about? doc will not give MC unless patient request for that, that's why since April, I has requested MC all along liao....anyway, what are MCs for....if not use , can convert or carry forward to next yr right..... I seldom take MC loh.

ppls do ask me do i have problems sleep, I told them no, once my head hit pillow, I sleep liao till I need to wake up at midnight to visit the toilet a few times loh and then feel tired and sleep again. even during the wkend, I tried to sleep pass 10am but can't cos bb kick to indicate the hungryness or ask me to get up to visit the toilet to poo....haa...but then I will take afternoon nap later co I am tired mah if I wake up ard 8-9am.

oic, my cousin is lending me her yao lan next yr when her bb is too heavy to sleep inside liao.

as for the disposable panties, I think will use the travel kind, my friend said can get it from watson at $1.95 for 10 pcs.haa..so funny, picked those pack for man....anyway, still can wear right, wear and throw mah....so no different.

haa.. maybe sent to some chinese doc at medicine hall and ask them to make the placenta into pills. maybe wash it and cook curry or fried it with sambal chilli or .....yup, the look of the placenta look horrible, like a big huge fatty liver...so bloody...

yup, i think if one store the blood cord, one still need to pay a house keeping fees. will ask the gyne more abt it. when during one of my visit, I saw a nurse carrying a file promoting the cord bank thing...gg ard to talk to those pregnancy woman....

yup, agreed, my mum also told me not to eat colorful foods/fruits like payaya, curry, carrot (not gd if consume tnoic, it will wash away the tonic, acc to advice from one of the medicine hall staff that it is beter not to eat carrot 1 day before and after consume tonics), tomoto...cooling stuff like watermelon, starfruit are not supposed to eat. also it include pineapple, mutton, tuna, shark fin (high mercuy), catfish, swordfish, certain fish.

on sat, hubby bought lot of tonics - "tong chong cao", birdnest (free ren sheng (make it power form liao) but cannot consume now it is cooling, keep fridge and consume during confinement loh), package of 'ingredients for soup (pack already type just throw in and then can used it to cook chicken soup), pao shen... the medicine staff from Zheng Zong told us pregnany woman cannot eat ren sheng (ginsheng) due to cooling, 'guo ley" (in hokkien) due to blood circuation and bb might not be able to take it, dang gui due to heaty (but gd to consume during confinement) etc. the only thing gd is pao shen, birdnest, essence of chicken and 'tong chong cao".

like u, I used to dislike oranges since young cos I find it so sour but now become 'addicted' to it. however, i only share 1 orange with my hubby loh cos hubby dun allow me to eat a lot as he said later bb got phlegm how...

Hi eliza_hairi,
did u gain lot of weight during yr pregnancy? many of the ppls - cols, canteen staff etc also told me my tummy small. tough, I'm now in my wk 26 but they said I look like 4mths. haa curled up in yr tummy like 'mao mao qiu' (a ball).

oic, harden tummy is the sympton of BH contraction. wow, really scary liao abt the labour pain etc. wait till I attended the subject - labour pain in one of my subject for my antental class loh.

is manual or battery operate breastpump more easily to use? any idea where to buy thr upper part of the breast pump cos intend to change it for hygenie purpose? wow, donating the cord blood also need to go thru test, need to pay or not? maybe will ask the gyne abt it....

hi afcai,

Bird nest:
my fren tol me not to take too much birdnest during pregnancy coz baby may develop allergies. birdnest contains dust-like particles. but she say only wen take too much laa. however i dono how true is dat.

Labour pain:
u want to know how labour pain feels like? try pinching ur calf as hard as u can. if u can tahan, good for u. looks like maybe no need pain relief... if pinch abit oso cant tahan... hehehe....

yes, harden tummy means BH contraction. d most important tink wen having labour pain is to keep calm. so hubby play important role. if he kan cheong, us wives oso kan cheong. once kan cheong cant breathe properly n deeply. then feel more painful.

tummy size:
i didnt gain any weight during pregnancy. in fact i lost weight! coz i got really bad morning sickness. everything i eat, i will vomit out. dats y my gynae cant predict d baby's weight correctly. me same too... my tummy looks 2 mths smaller. if sit in mrt and cover my tummy wif bag, ppl dono i preggy. but dont care wat ppl say abt tummy size, different ppl, different size lor. good thing, still can wear normal clothes.

breastpump:
well, i tink battery-operated ones will be easier coz ur hand will not get tired from squeezing d pump. i believe u have to call d manufacturer / distributor company itself to ask for spare parts. like avent pumps must call up canon avent company. however, i no dat pigeon brand spare parts can be found at takashimaya baby section where they sell pigeon baby products.

packing hospital bag:
u start packing ur hospital bag oreadi? wic ward u staying? if A or B1, no nid bring toiletries, they give u a toiletry pack. most importantly, bring thick socks n cardigan. after delivery, will feel very cold. i dont really no d reason y. for me i shiver like i got fits. chicken essence oso good. give energy.

Sanitary pads:
if u r not comfortable with KKH maternity pads can bring ur own. dos normal sanitary pads meant for nite use good enuf. no nid to buy special naternity ones. KKH use loop maternity pad. very clumsy too use if u r not used to it and very thick. very uncomfortable if u have episiotomy. d thinner pads meant for nite use feel better.

eliza, yup my husband and i are also not keen on doing the massage to 'turn' the baby if it will end up distressing the baby further.

I went for my doctor's appointment today and my baby is still in a breech position (head up, feet down). He said that if she doesn't turn by the next appointment in three weeks' time, then it might be time for us to pick a date for C-section. I don't want - I want to go natural but if doctor says C-section, I have no choice la .. sigh.

I told the husband it would be nice to have the baby on Hari Raya then but this man said he doesn't want to miss out on all the food! Aiyah .. then he asked if I really want to go around people's home, while nursing my stitches and the baby .. well, at least we'll get 'ang pao' for the baby .. hahahahaha ... so evil!

My weight gain has also peaked - at one time, I had gained 5kg in three weeks. Now my total weight gain is about 11kg.

Congratulations watie!!

hi cuclainne,

jus curious, u celebrate Hari Raya?
happy.gif

cuclainne,

its every mother's wish to give birth naturally. like it's also every mother's wish to breastfeed but not all can do that. however, due to circumstances n safety of our babies, its better we come to terms abt wat we can or cannot do. If ur baby is still breech, pls do a C-section. baby's safety more important rite? n i seriously find mummy's undergo C-section very brave coz they must endure longer period of healing.

try coaxing ur baby to turn leh...mama n papa talk to baby everyday lah... hehehe.. who knows baby listen n decide to turn at d last moment. i have a relative whose baby turn from breech position only at d last hour before delivery, miracles can happen coz a mother's instinct is very strong.
happy.gif

it's good u gain weight, really!!! coz really need all d extra reserved body energy to take care of newborn later. keke!

i hope u dont mind pm me ur address. so i can send baby gift wen u pop later.

u gals must be wondering rite? well, it just me la... i like to celebrate new life into d world. wats a small token rite?
happy.gif

eliza, I am a FTWM - work at KK actually. Talk about getting good maternity benefits yah .. if my water bag bursts in the office, I am in good hands .. hahahaha. Might become a SAHM if I end up having more kids sooner than expected ..

yup, i celebrate Hari Raya .. I am Malay and the husband is Swedish.

eliza, so far his two colleagues' wives who have recently delivered have produced really cute babies .. now i feel so stressed .. hahahaha.

i work as a secretary .. been working here for more than 9 years now ..

cuclainne,

heheh... u feel stress because of d appearance of ur baby? all babies are cute k. hmmm... maybe not so wen they first come out of our womb coz they look out of shape being in our tight uterus for too long... heheheh

wow.. u have been working at kkh for more than 9 years! d working environment there must be really good yah!
happy.gif

Hi Eliza
hmm..thanks for your tips regarding the hospital stay. So if I choose anything less than B1, I must bring my own toiletries lah?

I also drink birds nest but those bottled ones lah and I try to limit my intake to 1 bottle every forthnightly lor. Cos' I tink it's better to take most things in moderation especially now that we have a little one inside us.

btw, what was the first thing that you are craving to eat after you gave birth ah? hahaa.. for me, I feel like eating pineapples cos' I havent eaten them for so many months liao!
happy.gif

Yup, I agree that all bb are cute lah.. esp to their parents so... dun worry too much about other ppl k? I also heard that seeing pictures of cute bb will make your own bb cuter...hahhaa.. so thats why I put up pictures of cute bb everywhere...
happy.gif

HI Afcai,
would you know which medical hall can help us make the placenta into pills? Cos' I dun think I want to eat it cooked into a dish leh.. Normally, I dun eat liver liao so I dun think I can eat the placenta like that lor... sure turn off one... hahaha

yay.. i managed to change my class to Mrs. Wong class at TMC and I was so glad that I did so lor... she is so much better than my original instructor!! And today's lesson was bathtime which was a hands-on session for the dads. According to her, feeding time is mummy's time with bb while bath time shld be daddy's time with the bb... haha.. quite funny seeing my bb trying to handle the doll... but think he shld be more familiar liao and it's good that the lesson let the daddy's hands-on s taht at least when the bb is born, they will not be so scared...
happy.gif

How many lessons is your class? Mine is 5 lessons plus 1 doctor's talk. So my class will be finishing soon lioa...

I also do research one.. esp when it comes to big ticket items.. I mean, if i can get it cheaper elsewhere, why not lor? after all, all our money is hard-earned one what... then with bb on the way, must be even more thrifty lor.

Wow..you already stocked up on the medicines to 'bu' yourself ah? is your mom preparing your confinement food? cos' i dun know if I want to order from those catering or not leh... cos no one is cooking for me then I dun really want to eat junk food... haiz.. headache lah..

hi BS_S,

i dont have any cravings after giving birth coz i practically ate anything dat i fancy wen i pregnant. fast food, pineapples, cold stuff or warm stuff... coz i will vomit them out anyway.

i heard bird's nest is good for baby's complexion. so is soya bean curd or drinks. make baby's complexion smooth and fair. dono how true.

hmmm... bathtime for baby. still remember d first time i bathe my baby. <shudder!!> she would scream d moment water touch skin. haiz!! stressful to bathe my baby d first month. Now,she loves being in water so much she will scream wen i take her out of d bathtub.

hmmm... Eliza, why lucky you didnt use SKII leh? THey got some problems meh? Haiz... I am pretty upset today cos' I met a demanding &amp; unreasonable mom. I wonder if I will become like that once my son is born? Will the child really be us be unreasonable and uncaring to other people's feelings? And lose all rational thinking, esp when it comes to matters involving the child? (Non serious matters of cos')

yah.. came out in d news juz now. abt 6 skII items contain prohibited chemicals. now HSA doing tests.

wat happen, BS_S? how come d mother like dat? care to share?

Hi Eliza
Thanks for your concern but it's not really convenient to share..
happy.gif

Btw, do you feel more forgetful during your pregnancy and after you give birth? Cos' my colleague, who's a mom of 2, told me that we tend to me MORE forgetful (than during pregnancy) after we give birth... hahaha

wow... i dint knwo that SKII is so harmful ah?? I did use it once but stopped long ago cos' it was too expensive to buy... hahaha.. Now using the products recommended by my beautician... *cross fingers* tht the products are alright man...
happy.gif

ur friend is correct. i m very forgetful now. n so r my other mummy koligs. dono y. but we have come up wif some reasons behind it. one of them being, d baby absorbed nutrients meant for d mummy's brain. hahahahaha!

i actually used SKII religiously before i got pregnant. found them effective. however, during pregnancy, my skin became very dry. so i stopped. now using K*se.

eliza, actually my husband doesn't agree with that - he said no matter what the appearance of the baby (after spending all that time in the mommy's womb), he/she is still cute ..

hahahaha - must be la. i also never realised that i've stayed here for so long - never one to stay long at any job before. now that i think of it, the longest i've stayed was a year at a part-time job.

BS S, hey you're taking birds' nest too? Eu Yan Seng is having a promotion - their pack of 6 bottles (birds' nest with rock sugar) is going for $29.90. I grabbed two packs from the pharmacy at work, the minute i received the email. Heheehe.. talk about being kiasu. I take one bottle a week. Heard it's not advisable to take the one with ginseng cos might be too heaty for baby .. but I give in to my cravings and ate pineapple slices with plum powder most days after lunch. Yummy!

Ya lor .. now have to abstain from asking parents if I can carry their cute babies leh .. very very difficult.

Have you bought all the necessary baby items already?

i will be lying to myself if i say dat ALL babies r cute. but dat's not d issue. loving them is more important. despite all d stress n backstabbing, i m glad i m in d teaching business. i have learnt to "embrace" the children regardless whether they r appealing or not. loving them for who they r (not easy coz some really make me want to vomit blood!!). i guess my maternal instinct arises from having to face children everyday.
happy.gif

jus my thoughts. i m a very frank person
happy.gif

Hi BS_S,
was so tired these 2 days man..dunno why...

haa..dunno leh, maybe u can ask ard who has make the placenta into pills. maybe can take home and slice piece by piece like the pig liver then wash it and fry it with ginger and seame oil. now we pregnant, cannot eat pig organs loh cos they are too rich in vit A and also lot of substance (forgot what 's that liao, bad for bb).

yup, think first time parent shd be a bit frightened of handling bb cos they are quite 'fragile' - soft and tender....if bb cry then worst still, parent will be at lost loh....

haa..yr class seems to be expensive only 5 lessons plus doc 's talk. for me, I have 8 lessons (one and a half hourly sessions) + 1 complimentary lessons on sat (Nurturing Your Child + Bonding with Your Child + The ABCs of Vaccinations). how long is yr per session class?

y'day, I started my first Antental lesson class, took half day leave. I went bugis with my hubby - went short st to eat tau hway and tau hway shui, shop at OG, the Sheng Kweong bb outlet and pray at guanyin temple. I only intended to buy long sleevless romper suit - night wear for bb only cos my cousin passed me lot of tied string type of shirt. but I will buy it next mth only. so took the KKH shuttle bus from bugis and arrived 15mins b4 1800pm. so we went to register and did u have any goodies bag, there are a lot of pamplets, vouchers etc... also free different sample of cream (in small pack) - nipple cream, stretch mark cream, bb bb rash cream, 1 breast pad, 1 pigeon brand bb wipe, I small bottle of dunno what cream for smooth skin for bb or mummy, 2 huggies diapers, a young parents magazine (aug issues) and a thick bindedlecture notes loh.

my first lesson topics is Child Bearing Journey and the orientation of maternity services. tot the maternity services is to take us tour ard but no lah. the trainer dun even intro herself cos didn't know her name. anyway, she said KKH has those hospital tour of delivery suits, delivery wards etc on every tues at 11am, interested paerson can register at woman clinic counter that day before 11am. I think I will register when I went for my appointment on 10/10 which falls on tues. if u are interested, u can also register when u have yr visit on 3/10 which also falls on tues mah (if yr visit is in the afternoon, shd not be a problem) and get to tour ard the KKH delivery services.

first lesson is boring - all basics knowledge can read from any book. I am more interested in the later part lesson abt Labour and Delivery, Pain Relief in Labour, Relaxation, Coping with 1st Stage of Labour , Labour Rehearsal &amp; Postnatal Exercise, Preparing for Admission, Breastfeeding, Care of Your Newborn and Parentcraft which is hel;d in the mid-oct onwards. did yr lessons cover the above mentioned topics?

so far, there are only 9 couples attending loh. only 2 MTB 's tummy is bigger than mine and the rest are smaller than mine. only 1 hubby of the mummy did not accompany and all couple are accompany by hubby. Next week, will be doing some exercise so need to wear pants then. I also have a membership card where the card entitle me to borrow the book at the small library at KKH. of cos, this only valid during the duration of the course. I didn't realise that patient education ctr is beside the mac only. y'day class start late so we have only 5 mins toilet break plus whoever wanted to grab so bite of makan can bring it to the class and makan. anyway, y'day reached home at 10am after class so tired after bath, drink milk and eat some biscuits cos hungry as I eat my dinner at 1650pm) before I turn in to slp.

many of the ppls told me my tummy is not that big. ask u, did yr belly button pop out very obviously. one of my col next door told me if the bb is a boy, then belly button will pop out obviously, tummy will be very pointed, not so much fresh at the side of tummy, features of mummy is much nicer etc. if bb is a gal, then tummy will be very round, lot of fresh at the side, mummy's nose will be bigger and belly button will not be so pop out....

hai...recently, keep on gettting mosquito bites. I 'scream' for hubby resue and hubby managed to trap the mosquito in the bird nest bottle. but y'day, I slept so soundly that didn't realise I have 2 mosquito bites till this morning then I realised it.

hmm...will u be employing confinement lady? yup, my mum will be cooking the confinement food. she said need to buy seame oil, red dates + dry longans (longans have a type - remember to buy those lighten ones not so sweet). ppls said bf bb will be tiring for mummy who need a lot of rest during confinement. but of cos, i will try to bf. yup, stock up 'pu' medicine, this sun , gg to buy a piece of head meat (if pronouce in hokkien cos head meat less fat) to double boiled it with the 'tong chong ciao" and "pao sheng". Will cook it fornightly and for bird nest, will cook it end of every mth. ofc os, need to stop these 'pu' by end of 8th mth cos bb will be big loh.

for me, I drink the essence of chicken with "tong cong ciao" twice per wk (mon &amp; thur) and 1 bottle of bird nest fornightly.

have u bought most of yr bb items? for me, I have not, need to buy bathrm tub, mattress, romper, bb lotion, those 'medicine for bb to apply on tummy, diposable panites for myself, small package of diapers as due date approach.

Hi Cuclainne,
agreed, as advised by the chinese person in medicial hall, ginseng , dang gui, 'guo leh"(in hokkien) and 'shi quan pu tang" are not to be taken by pregnant woman.I also saw the ad @KKH too. the promotion of the bird nest end at 30/9. for me, I dun prefer the bottle bird nest cos it 's too sweet. anyway, I like brand essence of chicken. I'm the brand member too, last time, order a dozen of it and get them delivery to my hse free cos with every purchase of $80 and above, there will be free delivery. during the promo, it is much cheaper, per box of 6 bottles cost $13.
now, hubby bought 4 pack of 8 bottles essence of chicken with "tong chong ciao" at NTUC last week at $16.50 each.

Hi Eliza,
It's good that you are a frank person lah. Cos' I hate it when ppl smile in front of you but stab you in the back! I've seen too many ppl at work who's like that liao.

Hmm.. any updates on the SKII incident? Cos' this morning I watched the news but nothing leh... what sort of harmful substances were suspected ah?

I agree that all bb are cute lah.. cos' i think it's their innocence that makes them cute. And as they grow older and more 'corrupted' by the environment/society, they are less cute cos' they imitate all their surrounding ppl bad habits. thats what i think lah... after all, kids do learn by example and they learn v. v. fast. I sort of took care of my younger bro when he was growing up so I know this for sure...hahaha

Hi Cuclaine, thanks for sharing the good deal with Eu yan seng. I will try to get a box soon lah.. when is thr promo ending? Cos' I still have a few bottles left that my PIL bought so feel lazy to buy leh... hehehe

Hi Afcai
Your classes sound so much more worth for $$ leh.. My classes are only 2hrs and I think i learn less than you. And so far, I have not received any goodie bags leh.. haiz.. but its good for you lah... hahaha...

My belly button never pop up like other ppl leh. Dunno why but it's only the top part of my button that pop up leh.. then the rest is still sunk in.... hahaha.. weird right? I also heard that if it pops out then it's a boy but i think its not true leh. Cos' my colleague SIL is having a girl and her belly button pops up leh. And I think that the complexion thing is shld be due to your diet lah.. hahaha...

but my FIL believe a lot in the shape of the tummy leh. And I have to agree cos' my tummy look sharp most of the times. I wont say that it's all the time look pointed lah cos' there are times when it just looks round... hahaha

I dun really like to drink Chicken's Essence leh... cos' of the taste so I only drink the bottled bird nest every forthnightly. Hmm.. I have most of my bb stuff liao except the mattress. I will be getting it soon... And i am thinking of going to BB Kingdom to buy the rest of my bb stuff leh... like detergent, bb soap, powder etc... Cos' i think it's cheaper there.

You want me to help you get the bb bathtub? I got mine at BB Kingdom for $19.90 and it comes with a non-slip pad. I learnt from my class that when choosing a tub, buy a basic one is good enough. Cos' the more fanciful you buy, the more false sense of security it will give you and this is dangerous... cos' it may make you think that it's alright to look away for a min -- It's not so!

hehee... maybe your blood is more 'sweet' during this period leh.. thats why have more mosquitoes bite you.. just kidding lah.. but nowadays, I have trouble finding a nice position to sleep and every morning when I wake up, my hand knuckles will feel swollen &amp; painful.. like I have rheumatism leh... haiz...

Nope, so far, no one is cooking confinement food for me leh.. so looking around still... you know anyone who can do so? I dun want to try those business leh... see how lor...

Hi eliza_hairi,

re: Bird Nest
bird nest shd be good for bb complexion mah. I prefer those home cooked one instead of bottle one cos one can control the sweetness. my friend who has delievered during april 06, she took bird nest which her MIL made every week - a porriage size type. acc to the medicine person, he said it is gd to take tonics between 7am - 11am cos at that pt of time, body will be the most absorption of nutrient. that's why breakfast can't be skipped. I will follow that in future when I consume bird nest cos I always took it before I sleep. he mentioned that that period is the worst whereby one system already at rest, so absorption slow down and the next morning our body is removing waste material so it might be a waste to consume. as for essence of chicken, I always drink in the morning before I headed for work.

re:Labour pain
wow, labour pain, really scary...hopefully, bb will co-operate and let the delivery be smooth and steady....
yup, heard abt the calm part in my first Antental lesson y'day cos the trainer said the best pain relief is the relaxation technique.

recently, dunno why I need to breathe in hard this week and got tired easily. today , I suspected I got heartburn cos in the morning, I ate the "luo mai kai" (luo mi ji) loh. so terrible feeling.

re:tummy size
wow, that's terrible, so u got MS thru out yr pregnancy? is yr due date accurate?
is yr tummy very round and a lot of fresh at the side when u are having yr gal? cos ppls said bb gal, tummy very big, with lot of fresh at the side and mummy's nose very big too, face features not nice, belly button not so protuding out, how true is it?

re:breastpump
hmm...with manual breast pump, one can exercise one own finger and hand mah...haa...maybe will check out at taka bb section then.

re: packing hosptial bag,
so early meh..no leh, lot of bb stuff have not bought yet. think after the growth scan which is 2 wk from now, I will start to buy those bb stuff etc... for me, will most proberly be staying in B2 ward cos got Subsidize mah. tough at B1 and above got give toilets, I believes those toiletie shd have been charge to the bills liao. ok, thks for reminding, didn't know that need to bring cardigan. wow....maybe all system of mummy's body are weak liao so heat are lost liao.

can essence of chicken be drink after delivery?

re: Sanitary pads
thks for the tips. I prefer to bring my own cos I believe KKH will charge every pads used and even tissue used. oic....cos last time, see my mum bought those pads for maternity one when she is having my sister. ok, will take note of the pads - will use the night one. hmmloop maternity pad, I never seen before,is it those with string tied? hmm also dunno how it is being used?

hmmm can use thinner pads for nite use meh? is the flow heavier in the day than night? is the flow similar to menses? if bf, then one must still bear the pain down there and also upper part too (to get used to the bf).

thks for all the advice and tips loh.

Hi BS_S,
hmm...the Antental class cost $120 for KKH patients loh. for me, I need to rush down from my workplace to attend the thur Antental class loh. the trainer even said we might like to produce the course scheduler to boss as to dismiss earlier, wow, for me, very hard loh.

hmmm as for yr belly button, yup, it seem werid. haa..maybe eat more tonics plus sleep more will boost up one energy and complexion.

haa tummy round like watermelon....oic...but BB kingdom quite far man... has asked hubby, he mentioned maybe one of the sat drop by and see. thks for the help. maybe u pass me (pm me) the address of BB kingdom, we will go there and do market survey.what color of the bb bathtub u bought? I saw KKH bb outlet sells its bathtub at ard $26. hmm basic one, those can get from provision shop - those red color one. my cousin passed me the non-slip support holder for bathtub loh. did u check out the price of in diff place like the outlet in chinatown on bb stuff? today, advertisement in straits times shows that John Little is having sale again.

I always got bitten by mosquito one even hubby beside me, he dun get the bit. acc to research, it stated pregnancy mum has high warm temp and produce more carbon dixiode that why mosquito loves to suck the blood of this grp of ppls and children as well.

for me, my legs or my waist will be numb after positioning for a period of time. if I want to turn, very stiff to move and need to slow down. it might be due to the blood circulation loh so it is not gd to stay in the same post for a long time. for me, so far, no swollen and hopefully stay as it is. sometimes, when i am in the bus, my legs seems very heavy and like no blood circulation feeling so I need to wrigger or move my legs ard.

did u have any breathing difficult meaning that one need to breath hard ? this wk, I encountered this loh.

hmm, u need to ask ard the thread any confinement lady to recommend. gd to book her in advance loh cos yr s due date will be just in 2 mth time loh. hmm...yr mum not helping u meh..or ask yr hubby to ask ard his col or friend who know any confinement lady loh.

so tired liao, need to turn in...

hi afcai,

breathing hard and tiredness:
breathing hard and tiredness at 2nd n 3rd trimester is normal coz our body work double hard to sustain another life in us.

belly shape n size:
all dos old wife tales not true la. i was expecting a girl but i still look presentable leh.. keke. no swollen nose n tummy not big. in fact my tummy was pointed. belly button neva pop. if u have a deep belly button, it wont pop lor. my due date should be correct coz wen my baby came out at 36 weeks, her nails still not form n her body alot of downy hair. her fetal development quite similar to dos in d books.

Food after delivery:
after delivery, my gynae asked my hubby to buy lunch for me, hehehe. hospital food oso no pantang. n yes, chicken essence is a must. another good tonic is d essence of snakehead fish. i tink d fish is called dat la. i only know d name of d fish in malay. so dat wound / episiotomy can heal faster.

relaxation technique:
a lot of antenatal class n even d nurses in d delivery ward will say use relaxation technique during labour. but how to relax wen u r in pain!!! i really dono how to describe d pain to u... yoga n breathing technique can throw out of d window liao!! but dats me la hehehe!

sanitary pads:
at kkh, they use d loop maternity pad on me so dat no nid to use panties. but no use la. d pad shift here n there. d blood leak so much on hospital bed. at first i used d adhesive maternity pad. also not much use. so i bought d nite pads. need not be thin. those really long ones with wings. neva stain my bed
happy.gif

blood discharge after delivery:
d bleeding (lochia) after delivery not like menses lor... so much heavier. n if ur womb still expelling d leftover placenta, then got bloody jelly stuff oso.. hehehe! gross rite? if u breastfeed properly, can feel ur womb contract.

oh ya... dont forget thick socks wen packing for hospital. very important.

there's only one thing i dont like abt delivering in kkh. not much freedom of choice given on how u want to deliver. strapped to d bed d whole time with different wires to monitor baby's heart beat, blood pressure n contraction progress. can get very uncomfortable lor. then they dont do enema on u to clear ur bowels. so wen push baby, our poo poo oso come out.

poor blood circulation:
its common wen baby gets bigger in our tummy, coz baby press against d blood vessels.

tot of sharing dis wif u mums coz i tried n tested so many brands,

baby detergent:
liquid ones better, d powder form may not dissolve well n leave residue on baby's clothes.

baby toiletries:
personally, i find j&amp;j baby soap/bath very drying. Avent n Mustela quite good.. but expensive.

baby powder:
dos with cornstarch is good. keep baby diaper area dry n prevent nappy rash. i like baby powder by Pureen. effective. but try not to dust on baby's body in case baby breathe in d powder particles.

other essentials:
baby nail scissors n baby plastic tweezer ( to clear baby's nose dirt. if nose is blocked, baby cannot suck properly.)

Back