Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

i'm still wonderin to enrol mygirl in her 18mths or after 24mths...

agape at sengkang east way is 900 before subsidy and zion is 600 before subsidy..

both tell me is full.. though my girl still have 5more mths to 18mths.. agape ask me to put down deposit to ensure a place and zion ask me to call back one mth before i want to enroll her in...

hiaz.. headache right???

ger11 & Pkum,

Tat's always the case during yr end...lucky for us,our side got a few child care but some also full during Sept with their own students before open to public..I was thinking of changing my kids to another child care for next yr but a bit worry on the placement also....

Sorry to interrupt:

Just sharing this event that is happening at Punggol Plaza this Saturday, 19 December:

Parents and Kids Christmas Carnival

Time: 4 - 10pm
Venue: Punggol Plaza

Tickets at $3 each (inclusive of goody bag, lucky draw, one bouncing castle play, popcorn and candy floss)

Highlights:
Parenting Talk (FOC, 1st 50 registrants will get another a goody bag)
Children's contests (Santa's Little Helper and So you like you look like me)
Dog Contests (Best dressed /Best groomed)
Magic Show
Jugglers
Carolling
Santa Claus Appearance

Participation fees are at $10 for each contest (inclusive of 1 ticket and goody bag)

For more details, pls approach Punggol 21 CC.

Hi sengkang/punggol mummies,

I happen to chanced upon this thread and pls pardon me if it is not appropriate to post here. I am looking for mummies in these area to clear away many of my stuff as I have sold away my flat in punggol... not sure how to go about doing garage sales, still learning.

If keen, just check the link and see anything you might need. I accept cash, carpark coupons, shopping vouchers, isomil milk. Letting go at least 50% off the retail price for most items:

http://picasaweb.google.com/momresource/KidSStuff#

PUNGGOL NORTH GROOVES TO 2010
organised by Punggol North CCC & Punggol 21 CCMC

Date : 31 December 2009 (Thurs)
Time : 8pm onwards

Countdown Highlights :
• Dance through the night with 60s to 90s music
• Live band & Dance Performance
• DJ Remix & Spin, Intelligent Lightings Display
• Kids's corner
• Pasar Fair
• Games stalls
• Fabulous prizes to won from Lucky Draws
• Lucky Draw

Countdown tickets are sold at only $2 each. Ticket items include :
- Lucky Draw
- 2 Games
- Popcorn or Popcorns
- Goody Bag

Tickets can be purchased at Punggol 21 CC.
Visit Punggol 21 CC Youth Club for more details.

Hi Mummies

I am looking for some JC or uni students who can come to my place in punggol to read chinese and english story books to my kids for 1 hr , twice a week. Would also lik them to do some flash cards to teach my kids sight words. Looking to pay about $10 per hour or so and I will provide the reading materials. Best if able to do some simple counting nunber / shapes/ more / less than concepts. if you know of anyone, please ocntact me :

[email protected]

Thank you.

Hi Mummies
I stay in Punggol. Hope to join you all to discuss about our little one.

I have a 30 months old girl. Is there any interesting Chinese enrichment class for my girl's age, so that she can play and learn at the same time? Any recommendations?

hello any SAHM here? pls share with me what do u do with your child at home?

Mine is a 14mth old girl, very active, yet eating habit is moderate, but loves to drink breastmilk.

usually i will only bring her out after i confirm that she wont need any latch on soon.

i m bringing her to playground recently which she really enjoys. where else can i bring her to have fun? btw she just learn to walk.
happy.gif

thanks.

I am a SAHM for 1 year plus. I always bring my girl to playground since she was a baby. Besides, it can help to build up her muscle and do some exercise. Sengkang library and Ikea are the places that I like to bring my girl to go.
When she was 10mos old, we brough her to the beach to let her feel the sand and see the wave. A bus ride or mrt or lrt ride, she also likes it.
happy.gif

When she was 15months, I started to let her try on some baby class (accompanied by adult, twice a week). She has fun there.

But 1 thing was ....I stopped breastfeeding since her 6 months old(my ex job required me a lot travelling).I mixed her formula milk with a supplement(very close to breastmilk). So far so good, she very seldom fall sick.(touch wood)
She is 16kg and 95cm. May be you can try to switch her more on bottle feed...let her start to learn more independent and you will slowly have more flexibility to move around with her.

That is just my own experience. Maybe some other mummies have better ideas..
happy.gif

Sharon...you are cool!!! I can see you put in a lot effort to prepare the teaching materials
happy.gif

May be you can let your girl to try on the real pony ride at the Pasa Ris Park there. Jade tried it 2 weeks ago. She loves it.

Jade does not eat a lot. She absorbs well..and has exercise. That's why she has a bit muscle. I and my husby keep monitoring her. We want her to be fit and healthy. (save our pocket ^^)

Sharon, It is $10 per ride. The horse trainer will bring the pony and the kid to walk 1 round..about 300m ( adult is not allowed to follow ) . Take note that the ponies will have about 2 hours lunch break (resume 2pm++ ). I and my husby like to order the draft beer and garlic chicken wings @ the little pub just next to it and relax....zzz

Hi Edith, my girl's name is also jade.

Now trying to get her to be interested in other milk(soy, fm, full crm). But her fave is still breast milk n mustbe direct latch.

Anyway I tot of bringing her to the beach but hubby is concern abt her eating the sands. *sian*

Hi Sharon, yup we enjoy going to library too. gonna chk out ur blog now.

Last time I went to toapayoh, now to sengkang's only. We always bn to hougang mall but never to their library.

How do we go to ikea from here? Usually is hubby drive on his off days.

We recently then go to playgrd as my jade just started walking

sharon> okie thanks! tot we shld sometimes go to ikea on our own. :>

lengleng> u still sahm? how u handle 3 kids at home?

enrichment classes>>

mummies, did u bring your precious to any enrichment class or gym?

ya..my jade is attending the GUG's Gifted toddler class 2 times a week. I am requesting the school to promote Jade to Gifted kids. They said..they need to review and check with teachers first.

hi,
Any mummies here have 2005 child.. need to know about have ur start searching for the P1 school already ? which school u are consider..
please share.. thank you

Hi Sharon,

Saw your FB, you are considering between Sengkang Primary & Rivervale Primary ah?

I heard Rivervale Primary: the exam marks difft are jus 0.00 sumting only... so competitive

PreciousMoments
ur ger also in 2005 child ?

Rivervale primary I have went in to see the school , I likes the Enviroment compare with compassvale.
currently I starting PV at compassvale.
but i will prefer Rivervale because is nearer to my house. but Rivervale PV will only start on july onward.

Sharon,
My gal is 2007 child.
Are you within 100m from Rivervale Pri?
If yes, PV still needed?

Can PV so many schools?

Pkum,
yup, #3 just started playgroup in the same child care as the elder ones in Jan,
yah, he still DEMAND to be BFed when he sees me,
when I'm not around, he's ok.

PreciousMoments
I think i in 1km from school but under 2C is difficult because their every year receive lot of application, if u do PV under 2B the changes is higher.

u can do many PV as u want.
but u only allow to submit one application to one school.

Pkum... My jade is not really that " gifted"
All kids can be " trained " .( i am obviously the lazy mum.. I pass majority of this job to teacher. I just do the " memory reinforcement " I won't purposely set a time table for jade..just do " revison" when we are chatting or playing or going down to playground . )

And the food.. one day, if you are no longer bfeeding. You can try galactis+ (made in Belgium). Mix with the formula milk. More details on www.mederis.com.my

Fish oil can help to improve the kid's concentration ability. So that they can learn better. And since you are doing Bfeeding, you can take the fish oil product/supplement. So your Jade can get the benefit from it. That's what I did last time.

Don't worry about getting dirty or messy, bring our kids go out to play. Let them explore and play more. They will have fun and learn fast.

I and my husby always want to give our Jade a Happy Childhood.. (otherwise after go into Primary school... a lot of things will not be under our direct control. )

Write too much.. getting " lor soh" ..hahaha

Hi Sharon,
I'm also considering between Compassvale Pri & Rivervale Pri. Can share why you prefer Rivervale to Compassvale?

Currently, I'm placing CVP as my 1st choice & RVP as my 2nd choice cos:
1) distance.
CVP is nearer to my place than RVP, although both are within 1 km.

2) balloting ratio
I fall under Phase 2C. Based on past years' balloting ratio, I thot it is easier to get into CVP than RVP.

Maple..
So did u intend to do PV ? because when i signed letter for PV at CVP a lot of parents also staying within 1km.

I like Rivervale Primary
They have a nice Aquarium infront of recess area and also a lot of board games .and the feeling is comfort not stressful .
I have bring mine ger there, she like it.

and CVP don't give me that feeling and they just changing new Pricipal

so my 1 choice is RVP than CPV

but i still need to compare this 2 schools like CCA during my PV time with them.

I staying 158B Rivervale how about U ?

Hi Sharon,

Nope, not doing PV. Anyway it is too late now. I'm registering my child this year.

Do you mean we can just walk into the sch & look see look see the environment? Any idea whether RVP has BASC (Before & After School Care) within the sch?

Yes, heard that CVP just chg new Principal, new Principal good anot I dun know.

Since u PV, which means that you will fall under Phase 2B, so likely that you will get into the sch of your choice, whichever your choice is. But for me, I'm under Phase 2C and both CVP & RVP requires balloting, so might or might not get into the sch of my choice.

I stay near Compassvale LRT. So both CVP & RVP are within walking distance from home.

Maple,
I take a look the sch when i submitted mine PV application.
School care in RVP I never heard about it. maybe you call them to find out.

Edith, i'm still taking fish oil(whenever i remembers). my Jade is very active. now that she can walks... she wants to walk-run in ikea today! we had a hard time carrying her coz today is so crowded and she refused to take her stroller.

anyway, after reading ur posts i tried to take her to the playground more often. i m glad that she is very happy at the playground though it is very tiring (as if going for a gym session!!!)

we went over to the green field(the popular kite flying field) for walks too. she loves it!

it is getting real hard to bring jade on a stroller and sling. i think i will try to bring her more to the outdoor like playground, fields n parks instead. BUT i need to do groceries sometimes.. haiz.. i hope this is just a phase.. she will grow out of it.. hopefully soon.

soory for the grumblings.

cheers!
pkum

p.s. everyone have a great wk ahead.

Lengleng, so every little ones go to sch. what do u do at home?

Sharon & Maple, I cant wait for my turn to get Jade to intro into primary school. i have two neighbours whom children didnt get to enrol into Nan Chiau even though its within 1km. one of them now at cvp and the other at northspring(is that the name?) btw we live at 324a so its consider quite far for them.

Xin, what time u usually go to compass point? we usually go after 2pm.

Hi I am a Punggol SAHM with a 21 mth old girl.
Looking for CC/ Nursery for her now, cos expecting #2 in May.

Since so many of us here, maybe we can organise playdates for the lil ones!
happy.gif

Hi cat, I called up to enquire but they told me it's full n no point to put on waiting list. Or u already on the waiting list?

Hi all mummies,

Would like to join this thread. I'm staying at Sengkang. I have a 25 mths old girl. Currently researching on kindergartens. Hope can exchange info here.

Cat>> The girl told me got abt 50+. actually I dun mind waiting coz jade will be 18mth in another 3 mths n I m ok even if she goes to cc after 24 mths. But the girl give me an impression that she dun wan to entertaint me. I asked her a few questions which she cannot answer them. Sian.

Anyway next sat we r going to take a look at Cherie hearts at anchorvale beside swimming pool.

Hi cat, thks for the link. After reading, I realized that the fees r similiar to Agape after subsidize is also 600+. If the fees r he same then I rather put her with agape which includes enrichment.

The problem is 600 is still on the steep side as I m a homemaker now n hubby ask me to rest first after jade goes to cc. MAybe for a few mths, then only hubbyis working.

Is there a more affordable cc in sk???

Back