Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

@mimidestiny , @Mermaid2015
Feeling ok today? How did you 2 manage to recognize each other yesterday haha?
Yeah feeling pretty good today. Bloated and a bit cramping but pretty much ok.

There were only a few patients yesterday and we were scheduled back to back so it wasn't very hard to see each other. Maybe we should have made up a secret code - holding a rose or a certain magazine. :)

That's what I thought but I still make a point to ask if I need to make any payment after the first jab. N they told me they will tally up next time. the other day they ask me how many days I am going in for the jab so they can charge to medisave at one go.
@veraine
Yea... The first time I went in for jab, a nurse made a comment " oo... U didn't go to gp ah" I got the feeling they prefer me to go gp. But anyway since they have charged to my medisave I will still go in then.
Why so diff :( diff nurses told me essentially the same thing which was to go GP..

And was told to make payment at the counter after the shot, not accumulated.. And my payment was through zoom, not medisave

@MonkeyChick
Thanks. I just ordered 2 of that thermometer. Safer, later I buy wrong type.

No problem at all...:D....i bought their ovulation n pregnancy test strips b4...unbelievable cheap...ovulation strips r accurate coz during my iuis, I used the atas one n the cheap ones to compare...comparable...but pregnancy strips...I duno...hehe...I hav nvr seen the infamous double lines b4...hahaha.....:rolleyes:

Ya lor! GPs were closed so I went into the only one that was opened.. Sunday PH was $30, then plus jab fees..

Almost lovers liao. Always talking abt BD and seduction here, now move on to butt haha

Biangz!!!!!I can't stop laughing man...at ur intimacy!!!!so lovey dovey wor....lol

What's these jabbing at GP clinic abt?? Why need to go gp clinic jab?

Ladies with high risk of ohss r triggered with suprefact instead of hcg shot...which dun support lining like hcg shot...n they cant go for hcg jabs as well post et as it may trigger ohss...so they need progesterone oil based jabs daily...which cannt b administered urself....either by gp or chr...

Ladies, correct me if im wrong coz im not sure if a normal fresh ET needs these jabs or nt...I hav nvr done a fresh ET b4...:p

I hav done this jab once only for fet...is painful...hehe....the post jab effect is backside sore sore...cant sit on the jabbed area...felt bruised....so ladies here r really treading on very bravely...

Last edited:
Why so diff :( diff nurses told me essentially the same thing which was to go GP..

And was told to make payment at the counter after the shot, not accumulated.. And my payment was through zoom, not medisave
Oo...now that you mentioned. I made the payment for my first shot on the spot. they charged me 22 that day. That's the day they gave me my first shot, prescription and administer letter. N the second time Jilian said will tally up and deduct from medisave so no payment.
I asked her if I can request her to do the jab n she is fine with that.

Last edited:
Hmmm 15 days at GP at $40 a day is $600. I don't know how they expect us to be happy to pay it...

Indeed expensive. Butts bleed, pocket also bleed.:confused: You gals have to go through a lot!

All good except some bloatedness :D why don't they call on Sunday?:( Such a torture:(

Both your hearts sure pi pok pi pok for the call, hard to sleep tonight. Hope both of you get to hear good news tomorrow.

Last edited:
No problem at all...:D....i bought their ovulation n pregnancy test strips b4...unbelievable cheap...ovulation strips r accurate coz during my iuis, I used the atas one n the cheap ones to compare...comparable...but pregnancy strips...I duno...hehe...I hav nvr seen the infamous double lines b4...hahaha.....:rolleyes:

I purposely pee on a pregnancy strip after my hcg jab for iui to see the infamous lines tsk tsk, which I have been pursuing for more than 6 years. ;)

Last edited:
Ladies with high risk of ohss r triggered with suprefact instead of hcg shot...which dun support lining like hcg shot...n they cant go for hcg jabs as well post et as it may trigger ohss...so they need progesterone oil based jabs daily...which cannt b administered urself....either by gp or chr...

Ladies, correct me if im wrong coz im not sure if a normal fresh ET needs these jabs or nt...I hav nvr done a fresh ET b4...:p

I hav done this jab once only for fet...is painful...hehe....the post jab effect is backside sore sore...cant sit on the jabbed area...felt bruised....so ladies here r really treading on very bravely...
Wow.. Daily progesterone oil jab for how long? Sounds ex lei if need it for 2 weeks..
Like tt still need the progesterone pill and crinone gel??

Wow.. Daily progesterone oil jab for how long? Sounds ex lei if need it for 2 weeks..
Like tt still need the progesterone pill and crinone gel??
Yeah daily jabs till BT.. Think they gave me 3 days beyond BT day

And yup, still need to stuff 3 things in every day

Just got back from GP. $53.50 not including medication. Ouch! Not sure if my butt or wallet hurts more!
Wow... That's a lot to fork out. Really need to go nuh even they prefer us to go gp if can't find a cheaper option. Will be more than 500 at the end of all jabs.

Just got back from GP. $53.50 not including medication. Ouch! Not sure if my butt or wallet hurts more!

OMG!! y r they charging so expensive?It's even more expensive than consulting a gp when sick inclusive of med....u bring along ur own progesterone jab tt u got from chr ya?

Can nego for package?They r jus administering a jab I thot?....

Could be weekend charges? Next couple of days we'll know if there're any changes? Heh. 杀人放火
I don't have the receipt with me, but it was like $38 consultation fee (higher than normal due to weekend), $12 fee to administer jab, and something else (GST?). I will definitely go back to NUH during the week now. We can go when CHR isn't as busy since we will be on HL anyway.

I don't have the receipt with me, but it was like $38 consultation fee (higher than normal due to weekend), $12 fee to administer jab, and something else (GST?). I will definitely go back to NUH during the week now. We can go when CHR isn't as busy since we will be on HL anyway.

Un Un unbelievable....lol...
Coz honestly no consultation also, go in n jus poke butt then plaster then can go...still charge consultation...:(

Eh, I forgot what was told to me.. What shd I expect after ET? Like how long do I need to stay and "rest" or I can go off immediately?

Eh, I forgot what was told to me.. What shd I expect after ET? Like how long do I need to stay and "rest" or I can go off immediately?

Need to rest in day ward,cannt go off right away...but I can't rem how many hrs...at least 2hrs I think...my hubby besides me say 4hrs...confused me...

I forgot exactly the process, but it was roughly like this:

-arrive 2 hrs early
-drink lots of water during the next 1.5 hours and hold with uncomfortable bladder
-transfer. Very fast. Mine was less than 10 min
-go back to rest in ward
-after 15 min or so, you are allowed to empty bladder
-after maybe 30 min, discharged

Voila! :) waiting for good news!

It's funny how our memories play tricks on us...I thought it was really fast, like 30 min, while your hubby thought it was 4 hours. Hahaha I must have enjoyed the rest hence time went by very fast...

I was laughing when I saw our replies...the scenario is similar to veraine asking for directions...then each of us pointed in 1 direction...lolzzz....

Veraine, for sure u need to stay...no worries coz nurse will let u noe how long..btw, mayb u can try to request day ward nurse to jab for u for the day...coz they jab for me after my ET...in day ward but mine was ordered by doc after ET la...no harm asking ya?hee....

Ok just asked hubby and he said 2 hours rest after ET. He said when he arrived I was sleeping, so I must have slept for more than 1 hr. Hehehe. Ignore what I said!

My et was at 130pm. they asked me to finish 500ml water from 12 to 1230. And if my bladder is still no full at 1 drink more water.
I reached back to the ward at 2. can go off by 4
Took them a while to push me to the ward as they just sent a patient there, the ward won't be happy to receive patients back to back. I waited for like 10 minutes before they push me back and the nurse kept on reminding the other nurse to walk slower, give the ward more time. I was thinking in my heart &@)/&@ do u know I am holding my pee badly? And immediately reminded myself happy thoughts happy thoughts haha

@ veraine and @sj123,
Have a smooth ET. I remembered that i rest for 2 hour before discharge. I was allowed to go toilet right after they moved me to the ward. All the best

Fairy god mother came today for me so my fet shud be planned for late August! I will not do the july cycle cuz Im too busy at work to go for daily scans
Envy ;)
Glad that you will cycle with MonkeyChick.

At least you schedule is confirmed now. I am still unknown stage. Seeing prof today

Girls,
I read the old newspaper again :p
Saw the old posting about the themormeter for ovulation. I am "傻姑", will the thermometer show when you are ovulating?

I have been monitored my temp every morning, before get up from bed, no talking, no drinking, my temp was ranged from 35.8 to 36.2....seems like not ovulating and no sign of menses coming.....haizzzzzz :(

Girls,
Saw the old posting about the themormeter for ovulation. I am "傻姑", will the thermometer show when you are ovulating?

I have been monitored my temp every morning, before get up from bed, no talking, no drinking, my temp was ranged from 35.8 to 36.2....seems like not ovulating and no sign of menses coming.....haizzzzzz :(
There should be a distinct increase in bbt which means you've ovulated and are in luteal phase.. Mine would be 35.8 to 36.2 before ovulation, and 36.6 to 36.8 after ovulation (assuming I did ovulate which I suspect I never did)

Some say there's a drop of bbt on the day of ovulation?

Envy ;)
Glad that you will cycle with MonkeyChick.

At least you schedule is confirmed now. I am still unknown stage. Seeing prof today
Will pray for u that your ovulation come fast fast. Actually my last cycle also got zero signs of ovulation but yet turns out I did ovulate. Weird one la. If u see prof maybe he can help u scan if u did ovulate.

Girls,

Draw a centerline across ur data points, an obvious shift up in the centerline indicates ovulation on first temp data point increase...usually the shift is ~ 0.3degC n above..can try this coz mayb can visualize better...esp when having pretty fluactuating temp.....

Back