Perth Holiday - Any Suggestions/Advice/Tips?

mngo
Can I ask you what's the weather like now in Perth since you are staying there ? cos the website's provided the temp like 19-20 degrees. I dun intend to bring warm cloting but just windbreaker for my gal wonder if it's sufficient or not

Dear All,

I have brought forward my trip a week cos no ticket, so now will be there from 17 Oct- 1st Nov.

Chaye,

To play safe better bring a extra thicker jacket for your girl very troublesome for kid to fall sick during trip.

Hi Sunnyling
Thks for the advice
happy.gif

Are you going Sunflower Farm in MR ? I tried to book accommodation there but when I sent in email to them nobody reply at all... My trip is next week liao.

Anyway I've back up plan to stay at Taunton Farm.

Where r u staying in MR ?

Chaye,

Better bring warm clothings as the temp is still about 10 degrees to 19 degrees.

MR - have you tried enquiring with Vintages MR?

Hi,
Am planning for another trip to perth in dec. This will be my 3rd trip to perth and 2nd for my 2yr old gal. Will like to find out frm you gals any nice apt to recommend to stay at perth city? the last trip i stayed at saville park suite now know as Mantra on Hay but the price have gone up quite abit.
Also the air tix is so ex compared to last yr.
For those travelling in Sept wif kids, please bring more warm clothing. the last trip i went didnt prepare enuff thick clothing and it was quite cold in the morning and nite.Temp can be ard 16degree.

For car rental - have been renting from hertz in SG. The car is new and service is good with unlimited road milage. No extras for picking up car at perth airport.

Hi Chaye,

No problem because I got the experience, my son was sick during the last trip I was at Perth really headache.

I have book the Quest Margaret River,prefer to stay in the city so easier to travel and eat. I will be visiting the Sunflower Farm but will not be staying as I scare the smell.

Now I am still dilemna on the accomodation in Busselton as not sure I want to pay more and stay at Grand Mecure or the Blue Bay Apartment which is much cheaper as is only for a night.

http://www.mercure.com/mercure/fichehotel/gb/mer/6756/fiche_hotel.shtml

http://www.bluebayapartments.com/home

Hi Sunnyling,
can i ask for busselton accomodation have u stayed in either of these 2?
cos i also sourcing for my trip in dec. Last 2 trips have stayed at abbey beach resort...fantastic place but tot to look at alternative chocies.

Dear Mezzo,

Nope never stay at both before, first time to Busselton. I saw abbey beach resort alway appear when I am making search for the accomodation at Busselton. How is the place? Issit convienence and clean enough?

Sunnyling,
the place is nice. it is well facilited and there is a beach at the back of the resort. Actually have no complaints about this resort just tot to look for any other alternative places if not wil choose to stay there again on my forthcming trip

Hi Sunnyling/Seagal

I have more or less finalised my accommodation
happy.gif

1st nite - King's perth
2nd nite - Dolphin lodge (Albany)
3rd & 4th nite - Taunton Farm (MR)
5th nite - back to Perth but hv not booked hotel yet ... wonder where to stay *headache* Dun feel like staying the same King's Perth again. hehe

Will visit
1. Valley of the Giants and Tree top walk at Denmark.
2. Sunflowers Farm, choc & cheese factory, candy cow, berry farm all at margaret river.
3. check out some caves too if time permits.
4. Fremantle

wah that's all leh... like so few places to visit like tat. most of the time spend will be on the road.

Any more places that I can visit ah ?

BTW, anybody has any good recommendation of hotel in perth ?

Chaye,

I have posted some of the places to visit in my previous post for Albany. You may like to check it out.

For Denmark, you can visit the following:-
1) Green Pools
2) Elephant Rocks
3) Bartholomews Meadery for Honey Wine
4) Toffee Factory
5) Denmark Dinosaur World
6) Denmark Maze

On your way to Perth City from MR, maybe you would like to visit Abingdon Miniature Village in Mandurah.

For Perth City, you can visit London Court, Lake Monger, Swan Bell Tower, Kings Park, etc...

Hi Dolphina

Wow so many places to go in Albany ah ? ok will check it out. BTW where do u stay in perth previously ?

hi ladies,

im also going perth on early sept, i will be going with my parents and my sister.. mainly for my sis convocation. I have booked with assured waterside in melville parade. Price quite reasonable. I din expect the prices for accomodation in perth is so high now.

We will be staying one night at margaret river. I have booked with Vintages accomodation, fast response from them and near city.. My hubby and i did alot of research and alot of cottages are quite deep in the forest, look abit remote and scary.. kekeke.
Actually we are choosing between margaret river hotel and vintage, we choose the latter cos its cheaper and 250metres away from town.

chaye.. im also going next week.. when you going? We actually booked tthe car with avis sg during the natas fair, looks like theres a surcharge to get the car from airport... hmm..will ask my hb to call them to enquiry on that.

A few websites that has many info on magaret river and accomodation.
http://www.margaretriver.com.au/
http://www.holidaymargaretriver.com.au/
http://www.discoverwest.com.au

Hi elaine77

My trip is from 1-6 sept. I've booked with Hertz which cost me S$450 there about with full coverage. We are picking the car from town so that we can save 1 day rental.

hi chaye..
im going from 4-11 sept, im also picking up from town hay street. Where are you staying in perth city? who knows we might bump into each other in town not knowing each other.. haha..

I stayed at the Quest MR before but just a deluxe room not a studio apt. Location is superb, 3 mins walk and you are in the main street of MR. It's next to a supermarket and you can easily buy stuff back for breakfast or even cook a simple meal. Room is quite big and very nice (compared to the hotel I stayed in Perth City) but of course more ex. lah !

Dophina,
Can update me how's mont clare apt when u back? am also considering that apt for my upcming trip. Thanks

Elaine
I'm staying at King's Perth on 1 Sep but have not decided on where to stay on 5 sep.
Ya we wont know each other even we see each other there !

Dolphina
Hmm.. Clare Mont apt looks gd ! do u book directly with them ? or thru wotif ?

greenpink
Wah I just chk Quest MR is so expensive !!! $240 per nite leh.

Elaine,

I booked 2bedroom & 1bathroom apartment at A$146 per room per nite. It is the cheapest I can found after comparing with Asiarooms and other online booking website.

dophina.. wah.. thats cheap..
i book with assured waterside 2bedroom and 1 bathroom at AUD$261, 5 adults. I just email them.. asking if they still have rooms for the dates i want..but i doubt they have

Chaye,

For Perth City accommodation, can try Annie's House. It's a service apartment and they have a few within Perth City...http://www.iinet.net.au/~annies

You can email Annie at [email protected]. I'm staying at their Florina Apartment for my trip. AUD130 per night.

My colleague gave me a good tip in planning for the trip. He asked me to email the visitor centres. I did that and they really sent me their maps, brochures, pamphlets FOC. I am pretty impressed with their service and response. Have received these from Pemberton, Perth (WA visitor centre), Margaret River & Albany. They will gladly answer queries through email as well.

Hi seagal

oh my oh my... how do the visitor centres send u the maps ? by email ? hmm... I'm flying coming Mon le... maybe too late now
sad.gif

Will chk out annies house ! thks !

hi seagal..

yah.. i check with annie's b4 also.. she also dun have apartments for me. She only have room for 4pax..not 5pax. Her response rather slow leh.. i waited about 1 week for her to reply back with apartments.

mont clare is fully booked for the dates i want.. too bad.. chaye.. you can actually get the maps from the airport.. they have maps and brochures. which brochures do you need? i took a few from natas travel.

elaine

nvm la.. I will try to get some from the airport
happy.gif

I've not booked my perth stay when I return on 5 sep... tot of booking it when I reach Perth on 1 Sep hehehe wonder is it too garang or not :p

haha.. chaya.. quite garang leh. Alot of places fully booked for that week, i think its because of spring season and sg holidays. You can place reservations with the hotel or apartments, dun need to place any deposit. If no show on that day, 1 night price will be charged.

chaye,
have you tried checking with wotif.com.au or discoverwest.com.au for last minute accommodation?

elaine,
annie's response time was ok. about 1-2 days.

mezzo17,
can rent car from Hertz in SG?

greenpink,

Thank you for your reply, thk the studio apartment is equivalent to normal deluxe room. Actually was wonder issit big enough for me, hubby and my 3 years old boy.

Chaye,

Yap Quest is quite expensive but I just need a king size bed cos my boy will sleep with me so no need 1 room or 2 room apartment so they quote me the Studio Apartment price at A$158 cos ard S$200 bah after conversion.

Seagal,

Thk i should email the visitor centre for the map so no need to go airport to look for it. did they post you the map fast?

Sunnyling,

When I last stayed at Quest MR, my room consist of a queen bed and a twin bed. Definitely enuf for the 3 of you. Room is big and roomy with a balcony view of the pool and greenery. I think I paid abt A$130+ abt 1 yr plus ago and I booked thru wotif (which offered the cheapest rate then).

Dear Greenpink,

do your room have any kitchen? As I go thru the web they don't have any room that come with queen and twin. It come with 2 single or 1 king size bed. I thk I will only cook my boy meal with microwave or let him eat outside as he is big enough not like the previous trip I went only 18th Month we cook all his meal. Only problem is he very choosy in his meal kind of hard to let him eat out.

sunnyling,

No, my room doesn't have a kitchen but comes with microwave oven. Oh, I am very sure my room comes with a queen and a single bed. They might have done some room upgrading and do away with this kind of room configuration.

In fact, once you walk out of the Quest, there are many restaurants out there, very convenient. I know my son who's also fussy just ate Fish & Chips most of the time.

greenpink,

Oh than it should be the same as what I have booked, good to hear the room is big enough. My son favorite is also Fish but I find not healthy to let him Fish & Chip for 3 days hahaha. Thk I will make use the microwave oven to cook porriage and steam some fish and meat for him since supermarket is so nearby. I have already buy a tupperware for microwave use, very KS.

seagal,
Yes can rent car fm hertz in SG. UOB credit card is 10% off. i just enquire. for 9 days rental is about AUD 505. Unlimited mileage and car collection in perth airport

Mezzo17,
called up Hertz SG & amex platinum card can get 15% discount.

However, still quite ex after i add in child seat & GPS, the total cost for 11D is about AUD790.

Still deciding if I should just go with Bayswater or M2000.

I have used both bayswater or M2000. If you want collection and return to Airport. You should use M2000. And there are alot of complaints about bayswater about being charged for repairs despite paying for insurance

Hi Hopeac,
i see...just emailed M2000 for a quote. They quoted AUD810+ for my trip so Hertz is still cheaper.

Ice Cream Cafe/Factory,
Any mummies here have comments on Oggies (Swan Valley)or Simmos(Margaret River)?

I am still deciding which one to visit. Seems like Simmos has more activities e.g.kids fun park.

Seagal,
can i know where is this icecream factory that you are saying? Cos will be bringing my 2 yr old gal tis upcoming trip also

Seagal,
can i know where is this icecream factory that you are saying? Cos will be bringing my 2 yr old gal tis upcoming trip also

Back