Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth

Huggies Barcodes: Btw, any1 willing to sell or exchange? I'm collecting to redeem another toy for B1. Details fr www.huggies.com.sg bt the barcodes hv to be fr these pks:
Pull Ups Jumbo pks -- M-XXL
Ultra Jumbo or Super pks - M-XXL
I can pay $1.50/barcode
happy.gif

Btw Huggies hv updated on their site what discounted items the round redemption pts can be redeemed for. Chk it out
happy.gif

Hello Mummies,

Let me know if you have a brand new pack of Huggies ultra, size XXL, to let go <font color="0077aa">by today, 4pm</font> so that I can do the self-collection this evening.
Preference of collection at Clementi since I need it by today.
After 4pm today, I won't entertain any further PM (Just need to keep my account and emails neat and tidy)
Just need a pack of it to tide me down these few days.
My benchmark is $13 (Sori to hv quoted it so low as I expected my diapers coming in next week)
Can drop me a PM, so that we don't disturb much on this thread.
Thanks very much and once again, sori to have disturb this thread =)

kidz
haha so cute

btw any mummies need some healthy times jar food? i bought lots from CSI last time, but now E doesn't like it anymore.. think he's more interested in adult food. hee. let me know and i'll go back and check what i have and when it expires!

<font color="aa00aa">WTB: Electric sewing machine</font>
Any1 hv 2 sell? Prefer type dat can do button holes and a couple of stitches. Now gonna b SAHM I'm planning ahead -- save more by making own clothes
wink.gif
Pls PM me details if u do hv. Tx!

<font color="0000ff">fushiadelights:</font> I can tell u who nt to go to
wink.gif
The one in Clementi Central, in blk next to Clementi Pri/Sec. Dr Chia got poor 'bedside manners'. She don't bother to assure 1st x parents and like veri rush, was writing how much to charge when her clinic wasn't even crowded... I posted earlier abt my experience and some agreed. Even my opp neighbour too. Btw, think quite a few mommies here recommend the one @ Sunset Way, Dr Yvonne something. My neighbour did 2
happy.gif
Bt for us we juz bring both back to the PD in Mt A. His has >patients thus shd be more experienced and in touch, + veri patient w our blur-blur queries
biggrin.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Potty Training Update:</font></font>
Mommies, I'm so proud to report dat 2nite B1 was able to tell us in advance and more impt HOLD till she was brought to the potty. The funniest was she sat on it and squeezed her eyes so tight + make the 'erhhhhh' sound, dan got up to chk the potty and she had onli passed urine! However I asked if she was done and she said 'No mommy, not finished yet'. I was sceptical coz in the past she cldn't distinguished poo-poo fr shee-shee. Anyway I juz let her sit again and lo and behold, she pooed! She got up again to examine her handiwork and she said she still wasn't done yet so I quickly went 2 grab the camera and took a video of her in an exchange w me abt watz she doing, she done/nt done and she squeezed eyes again and 'erhhhh'. I pray this is the start of wonderful things to come
wink.gif
Of course itz juz bb steps, she'll stl nd her pull ups (whc I've diligently stocked). Biggest Mt wld b 2 c our kidz b able to wake up in nite and go loo rather dan wet bed??
biggrin.gif

<font color="0000ff">Huggies Pull Ups -- Jeans Edition</font>
So cute dat I went 2 Jelita last wk 2 get 1pk for B1 -- around $8.50 for XL (10pcs). 3 demin prints available and each pack has two. Super duper fashionable leh, mommies u muz chk it out!!
http://www.huggies.com.sg/jeans/product.aspx

<font color="aa00aa">EmQ:</font> I grabbed 9pks of MPVP fr Giant rite? Now down to 4 oledi. Was shocked stock dwindled so fast. Anyway, I scared so last Wed I grabbed 3 more fr NTUC last Thu @ $15+ for 3pks coz it was last day of the promo. Dan I also ordered 3pks fr Nepia. I calculated: everyday gotta pk 5pcs into her bag for CC bt on average she'll use abt 5-6 in the course of the whole 'sch' day datz why the MPVP 16pcs (XL) use up so fast...

kidz
oh so you confirmed going to be SAHM now? i remember when we met you were still deliberating..

congrats in potty training!! how old is she now? i'm really lazy in doing any potty training, so haven't done anything yet. hee.

PD:
Sunset way one is yvonne see. i didn't feel any rapport with her, and she hardly interacted with my son at all, but when we went there, she was really rude to her receptionist in front of us (we were waiting to pay/get medication) which my hubby was really not happy about.

we go to dr dorothy ong in bukit timah plaza. she dresses like she's at home, but we all really like her, and her receptionist is super nice.

i heard there's a GP at serene centre or coronation plaza who's quite good with kids, i don't have the details though
happy.gif

PD:
My hb also does not like Dr Yvonne at Sunset Way. She does not itemise her receipt. Everything just lump into consultation and medication. When ask the recep to breakdown, the recep gave us funny looks like we're cheapo to ask for breakdown.

So we switched and we are very happy with Dr Dorothy Ong at Bt Timah Plaza. Very very very friendly and warm. Talks to us like we're old friends, kinda thing.

<font color="0077aa">Iso:</font> Yeah, I cfm switching career path
happy.gif
In fact my replacement juz started wk last Fri. However I've been given full ML benefits so can only tender when it ends in early Aug. Even then I negotiated w Boss 2 let me apply and clear my leave -- end up I dun hv to go bk to serve 1M, juz hv to clock another 24hrs wk fr here and there &amp; done (coz I oledi PT on 26hr wk). B1 is Feb '07 bb so now she's 27MO. The credit goes to her CC teachers coz I didn't follow up on her potty training in past 3M w B2's arrival. Last x she always say she wan 2 poo-poo bt itz actually she oledi shee-shee into diaper, she wasn't able to distinguish yet. Datz why I veri sceptical last nite. Oh, this AM wake up I told her I want to change her diaper and she asked for potty and really passed urine in it. Finally, light @ the end of the tunnel!!!

<font color="0000ff">Dr Dorothy Ong:</font> I see. Haha, she dressed like she's @ home? Izzit dressed in happy-coat? I still rmbr my Home Econs sewing prj -- had to sew a happy-coat and nt veri happy experience @ all. Mayb we'll switch coz taxi fare to Mt A &amp; back is ex! Then again, wonder if itz easier now to catch cab fr BTP coz last x (>2Y ago) I always had to wait quite long and no taxi come in pick up passenger one... Tx Iso &amp; CSI!

<font color="aa00aa">Wanna buy 2nd hand Ikea Mammut table?</font> I contacted a seller in Bt Batok for her like-new one (rectangular shaped) bt decided nt to buy. However she's selling for onli $30, usual is definitely >$50. Any1 interested? PM for the contact no. so u can chk if stl available. Oh, itz in yellow.

Kidz: My gals use a variety of diapers for different time of the day... so not so fast la... I think I still have plenty at home... but she's starting to use the toilet now... so not sure if she's going to be like her elder sister - decided to go without diapers one fine day &amp; never went back to it... ever! Just like that, no training, &amp; nothing! But thankfully, this time, we have a #3 to take over her diapers if that happens... hee hee.. the last time, we gave away hundreds dollars worth of diapers... but at least our friends benefitted la... hee hee.. cos ks mum here will stock up when there's offer...

Hey, dearie, you can sew? I'm thinking to look for someone to help sew a replacement for the toy stroller... dun mind paying... if still cheaper than getting a new one, might as well sew a new seat &amp; the gals can play... save the environment ma... pity I never liked sewing in home ec class...

Hi kidzskidz,

Thank you so much for yr reply. I didnt hv the time to check back this thread cos my son was down with high fever for the last couple of days. It was truly stressful cos my hb is not in town &amp; I was so stressed up wondering whc clinic cud be nearby. Our PD is fm Mt.A and it will be a long way to travel there.

Will take note of the clinic @ Sunset way. This plc is pretty nearby. thanks thanks!!

Hi Isobellies, CSI Fan,

Thanks for sharing yr experience. I really apprc. Will take note there is also Dr Dorothy Ong at Bt.Timah Plaza.

Thank gdness my son's fever has recovered. Keeping my fingers crossed.

kidz

wud's happy coat?? more like tshirt and shorts lah. but she's a really chubby and jolly lady. i think q easy to take cabs also, esp if during the day?
who were you seeing at Mt. A? i had a simon ng (i think) for when E was just born, but he is like the most boring person EVER, i couldn't tahan. haha.

Hi Mummies,

I hv 6 satchets of Gain Kid, expiry date is May 2010. Would like to exchange 1-to-1 for Pediasure Complete, vanilla flvr only.
Preferred to have expiry date on next yr 2010 as well.
Let me know if anyone is keen for the swop in Clementi.
Thanks
kao_wink.gif

hi hi..

How is everyone here?
It's been a long time since I m into this thread...

My little boy is doing well with an exception - that he is not putting on weight. At 16 mths old, he is at 10kg which worry me alot.

Hope to hear from some tips soon...

cheerz..

Hi all, just dropping by to say hello. New to the forum. Have not been in since the birth of ds2 who is now 19months. We are staying near Holland Village.

I think my 19mth old is only 11kg or less.

hi angela: my boy also 16mths only 10kg.

kidz: boys shld weigh more than girls i think. *generally*

hi june: i m staying in blk 10. u?

hi kidz &amp; Petrina:
So I am not alone. Thot he is underweight.
Old man &amp; I were worried for awhile.

hi June:
Welcome.

Going to order Huggies from one of the BP mummies. PM me if you would like to hop on.

Cheerz..

my 17th month old son is 11.7kg, but he put on 2kg in the last 2 months! but generally i think the weight gain slows down dramatically after 1 yr right?

Iso: Yes, the rate of growth slows down gradually until the next growth spurt at puberty. My #2 just turned 2 and she is still under 10kg. My gynae says the guide line is 10kg by 1yo. However, I've also read that they should double birth wt by 4mths &amp; triple by 1 yo. In which case, since #2 was only born at 2.75, perhaps at 1yo, she only needed to be 8.5kg? Anyway... I think at the end of the day, as long as they are healthy, height and weight does not really matter...

<font color="ff0000">June:</font> Welcome to this community!

<font color="0000ff">Baby's weight:</font> I think my B2 on track according to EmQ's sharing -- coz he's now 7.16kg @ 3M. Birth weight was 3.665kg. He wearing clothing tagged for 6-9M now. Good thing I never open up those clothing gift sets for him to wear coz he growing so fast... Now wondering how to off-load the 5 sets he rec'd
biggrin.gif

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+1">Wanna meet up?</font></font>
Hey, we like only had one or two gatherings when this thread started. Then earlier this year I meet up w Iso &amp; CSI... so I'm wondering if we should organise one gathering? We can put a face to the nicknames and it'll also be good to let our kidz play 2gthr. I'm suggesting the National Day long wkend -- lunch? Location som1's place which we can decide along the way depending on the response. I can aim to clean up mine by then
wink.gif
Food-wise, I suggest just order fr like Delihub and we split the costs -- they have sets for 15pax, in aluminium trays... <font color="ff0000">Mommies, interested?</font>

hello mummies!
been super busy at work, no time to think about anything else
happy.gif

kidz
not sure if i can make it, we might be going away for a short getaway that weekend, although i'm hoping not cos i'm so busy at work, don't want to come back tired after a long weekend.
delihub/neogarden mini buffet is not bad though! we ordered recently for father's day, came up to about $200 for 10pax, then we got a voucher for buffet for 10pax for $68, so on another day we ordered (although plus delivery it came up to $100 for 10 pax). quite decent value for money!

<font color="119911">Iso:</font> Yeah, I realise long wkend gd for getting away. Tx 4 fdbk abt Neo Garden. I nd 2 cater for my mom's bday this wkend. Bt the voucher can use during wkend?

B1 was down w flu two Thu ago -- high fever 4D dan temp yoyo for next 3. Add runny nose &amp; phlegmy cough. Kept her home since whole of last wk and almost drove me mad coz she was so clingy and I stl had to juggle taking care of B2. Reali no joke and agn I truly admire those SAHM who's kidz r w them throughout... 2day B1 finally went back 2 sch aft full recovery. Heard a few of her frenz missed sch and teachers on MC too due 2 this bug. Veri vicious. My hubby's under e weather 2. Thank God B2 and I okay -- we cldn't kp B1 away fr him coz she kept sticking 2 me lor...

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Cheap Huggies</font></font>

$14/pk for Huggies Dry or Dry Comfort: Rec'd this contact fr another mommy. Huggies Agent is called Ah Guek, hp 92389911. Must self-collect fr her place @ Blk 274, Tampines St 22. Price of $14/pk is for all sizes of Huggies Dry or Dry Comfort. For Huggies Pull Up or Ultra it is $13.50/pk for all sizes. Call her for more info. I hvn't bought through her yet, bt thinking of switching to Huggies Pull Up for my B1... Btw, there's another agent who can do delivery -- Cindy, hp 91459520. She organises BP as well. Bt pricier. With min. order of 5pks, it is $15/pk for Huggies Dry or Dry Comfort and $14.50/pk for Ultra or Pull Up -- all sizes. FOC delivery for min. 20pkts to 1 location, or pay $5 delivery fee. Note datz if u order less than 5pks fr Cindy, each pk is $0.50 more than the prices I've listed here. For both agents, you can order mix sizes and types of Huggies. Also, I hear if bb outgrows the size, juz exchange unopened pks when you next order fr these ladies.

Hi hi all mummies...

I am going to order from Cindy &amp; deliver to my place. So any mummy out there, can also 'ride on' my orders but you must come &amp; collect from me.

Do let me know by thursday.

Thanks..

Hi mummies,
my ofc blocked SMH (again!) so haven't logged in for a while. How's everybody?
happy.gif

kidz,
meet up sounds good. I won't be going anywhere the long weekend. It's busy period for me. would have work to do over the weekend I'm sure...haha. if it's still on, just let me know...
happy.gif

Hi mummies...

Just to let my steam off...

I m so so upset &amp; digested on how those lousy attitude caregivers at my boy's centre. He was given 'cold-treatment' every morning when I sent him. The caregivers would be seen gossiping to others, or sitting around - doing nothing at all.

When approached them, he was being brushed aside. At times, he cries for me. And caregivers would let him cries alone without pacifying him. Or mumbling negative comments on him.

At first I thought it was my boy's separation anxiety &amp; caregivers don't know how to cope with it. But the more I observed, the more upset I was. As it is not my boy's issue at all.

Bias attitude towards different mothers &amp; babies. No caregivers will come to me &amp; take my boy from me - to wash his hands &amp; attended to. But another mother enjoy this caregiver's warm hospitality.

There is no curriculum for senior infants of 13-17mths old. Infants were left to play on their own which caregivers chit-chatting away with one another. No song or dance to teach him. Caregivers played nursery songs &amp; idle their time away.

We pay the same price as others yet we were 'ill-treated" in this manner. It saddens me as my boy cant tell his mama what happens. His sad &amp; lost expression shown.

I will not tolerate or compromise anymore. This video will be given to MCYS.

After all, it's our nature to protect our little loved ones in all circumstances.

<font color="ff0000">Angela:</font>oh dear. How come like that? Did something happen? Which CC is this, can warn us to warn others?

<font color="119911">CSI:</font> Sorry, 4got to reply you. Gotta postpone gathering coz I kena flu bt tail-end now -- B1 passed to my hubby &amp; then he to me. This wkend my hubby also gotta chiong assignments (he's on course) so I gotta entertain e two kidz. Likely try to bring B1 out otherwise she'll wanna play w her daddy.

<font color="0000ff">Be careful @ Ikea:</font> Heard this fr another SMH mommy -- her friend told her a child was almost taken by stranger fr the playarea... We gotta b vigilant when out w our kidz.

Welcome Bellgal.

Angela: Can share video? In private la... not post here... unbelieveable service standard manz.

<font color="119911">Bellgal:</font> Welcome 2 this family!

<font color="ff6000">Angela:</font> Yeah, share video privately w us if u can post it up. I nt so worried abt B1 coz I hv struck up friendship w her P &amp; teachers -- so I believe it helps make her life easier in cc, tho may nt b 4 her teachers since she quite precocious &amp; sporting, always willing 2 try everything. Did I mention b4 B1's motto is 'No Fear' (except 4 thunder...)
wink.gif
Actuali even hv maid @ home also may nd 2 invest in nanny cam 2 ensure no funni things go on when adults nt in. Juz heard another story of maid bringing boyfren home -- my ex-colleague's neighbourhood. &amp; the employer found out coz her nosey-parker neighbour was doing 'neighbourhood watch' &amp; spilled e beans veri excitedly.

Kidz: I'm not surprised any more... heard so many funny things about maids... yet we can't do without them... sigh.. luckily for me, my MIL is home... so there is certain 'control' though that did not stop one of them from making illegal calls &amp; stealing &amp; others from gossiping with the neighbours' maids.

<font color="0000ff">EmQ:</font> Sigh. No end 2 worries parents hv abt entrusting kidz (&amp; 4 some home 2) 2 others. Btw, found something strange abt MPVP dat B1's wearing. She's on XL &amp; it was fine initially until e last two pks I opened 4 her 2 use -- seems 2 b tighter so she's complained abt itch &amp; scratched til got scab. So now I use two hands to stretch e diaper pantz b4 she wears them.

<font color="119911">B1 &amp; B2 kena flu...</font> No end 2 the saga. Aft my post on 7 Aug abt flu hitting my family courtesy of B1, she ended up wheezing on Nat'l Day nite. On Mon AM she had shortness of breath so hubby brought her to KKH A&amp;E as PDs all closed 4 PH. They waited abt 1.5hrs &amp; her fever was climbing so he told a nurse -- in particular abt her shortness of breath -- &amp; they fast-track her 2 b seen by Dr. Dr called in Consultant &amp; both diagnosed there was pneumonia (x-ray showed her left lung). Then they prescribed her Tamiflu. The following wk was another tedious one where we had 2 give her 5 diff types of meds (incl paracetamol as she stl was feverish...) Actually she started sneezing on 6-7 Aug when e haze was veri bad so I thot dat was cause of her breathlessness. Bt Dr gave Tamiflu, probably as 2 prevent her pneumonia fr making her susceptible 2 H1N1. Bt scary. Now she's well &amp; happily bak in cc. However I didn't win 'World's Best Mom' award when she was sick coz she was stl veri active &amp; doing her Terrible Two thingy. I was more like 'PMS Mom', shouting &amp; sending her 2 naughty corner til aft a few days, she was veri sad &amp; told me she was a 'good girl', nt naughty one. Naturally she also demanded > attention fr me &amp; @ x didn't even want me 2 carry B2. Both of them super poor thing coz so many x both crying. B1 wld cry juz coz B2 was crying so as 2 jostle 4 my attn. Anyway, now B2 also kena flu, he's sneezing &amp; coughing (old man kind of cough). Tough 4 him coz he's stl lying down most of x. Bt on Nat'l Day he did his 1st turn onto tummy &amp; itz been every oppt he gets he does it now. Problem is once he's on tummy, his mucus all come out. So I've been doing loads of laundry &amp; expecting next electricity bill 2 be higher dan usual
crazy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Officially SAHM!</font> As of 12 Aug, I'm unemployed!
wink.gif
But wl look 4 some freelance corpcomms/marcom stuffs 2 do so as 2 stay in touch w wkg world &amp; also 2 balance my sanity
happy.gif

Kidz: MPVP - so far so good. #2 has progressed to L. We weighed her recently and she's finally 10kg! #3 is 7kg.

Oh dear, what a scare. Glad that B1 is ok and back home now. Dun worry abt electric bills - so long as all at home are well...

Huray! SAHM! Enjoy your time with the kids! I hope my day will come... hee hee...

kidz,

I also had the same problem with 1 pkt of MPVP (L size). I did the same thing...use to hands to streeeetch the waist band (my 2 hands became the "legs" kinda thing). Now she's on her last pkt of L. This pkt is ok...think I shd be moving her on to XL soon...

Oh dear...home that B2 is feeling better now... You take care too...

hi all!

MPVP
i also use hands to stretch the waistband. from bottom up. so i can grab my boy's legs and pull them in anyway. he's still on L. alittle too low already in the front. keep drooping down. i still have 2packs. so i'm hurrying. hehe.
i also stored huggies L when there was promo. so i m stuck wif many 'Ls'. but luckily huggies bigger cutting. so i can still wait.

my boy's growth has stagnant.

CSI: how tall/heavy is ur gal now?

Oh mind... all these about MPVP, think I should go home &amp; take a good look... MIL did not feedback, so I presume all ok... hee hee...

Pet: Fitti 360 promo till Oct 09... I'm thinking to stock up... cos very cheap, realised it's cheaper than Drypers!

EMQ
fitti 360 good? i realised that drypers on offer was more ex than petpet at normal price!
proud.gif

kidz
wow, sounds like a mad house there! wow, kudos to you! am sure it can't be easy with everyone sick.. congrats on "promotion" to SAHM, haha..

ikea - that sounds scary! i never thought of people trying to snatch away our little ones until you mentioned. now will be a bit more careful rather than let him run around by himself :S

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Electronic English Fun Mat -- Blue or Red model: </font></font>

<font color="0000ff">Getting item fr www.motherhoodpalace.com. Itz a Touch &amp; Learn Fun Mat where kidz touch each alphabet &amp; learn how it is pronounced, learn phonic, spelling of words, etc. Gd guide even for kid 2 learn along w non-English spkg caregivers as the audio gives correct pronounciation guide i.e. Ah Ma also can learn 2 read View e demo video here of e Blue Colour Mat (e red model don't look as good...) </font>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoWTftxOboY&amp;eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emotherhoodpalace%2Ecom%2FPlaymat%2FEnglish%2Ehtm&amp;feature=player_embedded#t=108

Original price $19.90 bt if we get 10pcs, there's 10% discount so $18.10 each. I'm gonna get 1pc 4 B1 bt I'll also introduce B2 to this by around 9-12M -- the touch &amp; learn component can engage him more. I'll get another 2pcs standing by as b'day/Christmas. Any1 wanna get as well? I'm getting item fr www.motherhoodpalace.com - if u interested in anything else fr there let me know &amp; I'll ask if can get further discount. E Aquadoodle Mat looks fun as well (rite now got free normal post 4 this) -- safe 4 young children. I'l collect e items or if possible, arrange 4 delivery 2 my plc in Clementi then arrange again for distribution.

Electronic English Fun Mat - combining orders w Apr MTB side
happy.gif

1 to 3. Kidzskidz (blue)
4. Rose's colleague - But she will only buy if there is 10% discount and collection via mass meeting-up during weekend afternoon in the City or Central as she lives in Yishun
5. Kidzskidz' fren (blue)
6. Tan (KIV - onli if can get b4 Sat)

Fdbk fr Tan is veri gd, she got Red Mat 4 her gal.

<font color="0000ff">Flu update:</font> B2 recovering! Had 2 mix rhinathiol in2 EBM n give bottle.

<font color="aa00aa">Iso:</font> Yeah, i was e 1 going mad! Btw Fitti is nt bad, soft n gd hugging fit... except aft 1 pee can smell urine oledi so buay tahan til muz change... Bit wasted.

<font color="ff0000">Electronic English Fun Mat</font>
I've ordered oledi, got 2pcs xtra 2 standby for Christmas - bt let me know if u wan, can let u hv it or if got enough orders, ask for another round of discount
wink.gif

Iso: I find Fitti 360 pretty good. Not Pampers league, but definitely better than Drypers... anyway, it's cheaper than Drypers' offer now... so I'm using Fitti for the time being...

<font color="119911">Diaper Pantz:</font> Aiyoh, reali having a headache here. B1 has loss quite a bit of weight dat now I hv 2 downsize her 2 L-Huggies Pull Up whc when itz full actuali starts sliding down her! Dan e XL-MPVP is stl too tight so gotta stretch it 1st. Sigh!

Btw, e electronic English mat I posted abt earlier is reali gd. I also got e copycat 'aqua doodle' mat. If u order fr Motherhood Palace note dat e bulk discount she gave me is $18.10 for the English mat &amp; $25 for the doodle mat. Collection pt was Clementi MRT in evening.

Back