Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth

<font color="ff0000">CHICKEN POX:</font> Did any of you vaccinate your kid yet? Wondering if to go ahead. Also those with maids, I heard recently som1's maid kena chicken pox. Do you send yours for vac too or they actually should hv before being employed? Worst is can kena again rite? I know my aunt did coz she was nursing her three boys who caught it one after the other -- bt that was b4 vac was available...

kidz
sorry i really switch off about these vaccinations and let my hubby do all the thinking and decisions, haha.. i have the impression that the vacci is just so it won't be full blown, but you might still get it a little bit, is that true?

Kidz &amp; Iso: I think the vacination is supposed to prevent one from contracting chicken pox, however, it is not a gurantee. You might still catch it, but if you have been vacinated, it should be a milder case ba.

I did not vacinate my 1st born, she got it within 2 wks of HB &amp; me contemplating to send her for the jab.

Then a friend's son who was vacinated caught it. She says supposedly not as full blown but she felt that it the same as her daughter who caught it before being vacinated.

Also, these days, they have medication to take (after you contract CP) to relieve the condition, resulting in a 'milder' infection. Med is costly at abt $70-80 per dose. We gave that to #1 when she caught it at 2yo.

So after all these, HB does not think he wants to send the 2 younger ones for the vacination. Then after all the discussion about the risks of vacination causing autism, etc... HB now wants #3 to take only the standard jabs offered by Polyclinic &amp; not send her for the 6-in-1 like my #2.

I think at the end of the day, it's individual preference ba... cos some pp feel that better to let 'nature' take its course than give artificial viruses.

Mommies: Thanks for the info abt CP vac. So many decisions to make on our kidz behalf rite...?

Last Fri went 4 chkup and B2 is oledi 3.5kg @ 37wks. Shocked hubby &amp; myself. Dr also commented on all the angry red NEW stretchmarks I hv, joked even dat B2's preparing my tummy for twins. Haha -- nt funny! B2's turned down bt head stl high fr cervix. Next Mon Dr wl do VE.

Had a close call y'day tho -- thot B2 had decided to 'launch'... Went in to work and around noon time pelvis became veri sore, down till my thighs. It got worst and I had hard time walking or pretending I could walk ok. Got home by 4pm and it was still bad. Somemore B2 was kicking very actively, could see his fist, feet allover. I couldn't eat dinner even, just laid in bed to rest with the soreness spreading across my lower back and B2's aerobics going on. Also could feel severe tightening across ab (contractions) whc made me suck in my breath each time it came. Was monitoring in case it was the real thing oledi. Finally after hubby and B1 had dinner, we gathered to pray and asked God to take away the discomfort and especially for B2 to be well (nt sure if he was in distress). We also requested if its in His will, B2 come next week -- 9 Apr, my b'day . Aft that, B2 settled down and the ache went away. He quieten down and I managed to sleep well.

But gotta go back to office 2day. Actually started AL these two wks but stil gotta tie up loose ends. Actually if I had nt told everyone I was starting leave this wk, I don't think I wld have chance to go in and clear as wk was stl coming my way, boss was stl getting me to reply or follow up on enquiries... <sigh> Wanna cancel my these few days of leave since I've ended up wkg...

Right now I only hv 2 pks of NB size diapers. Bt hv like 4pks of S standing by. Think safe to leave it as such for now if B2's gonna grow so fast... Just praying he's long in length and not rotound or hard to push
wink.gif

EmQ: HK always wonderful for shopping. My sis and her family goes almost every yr and brings back lotsa stuffs for B1 too. She says they go to some location where there are lotsa warehouses. She just went end '08 &amp; came back w Carters clothings for B2. I wldn't mind going bt w 2 bb, dun think it'll be anytime soon
sad.gif

Btw, on her last trip, my sis stayed at the Scouts Bldg or something like that -- seems similar to YMCA type of hotel bt she says very much better standard and reasonably priced too. My friend also told me to book rm there for HK trips. Where did you stay? Can recommend for my future reference?
happy.gif

I must get a FB acc -- still hvn't coz I kp forgetting passwords nowadays so trying to stay clear of creating new accs...

Kidz: I guess so... but I'm not much of a shopper really... hee hee... so HK actually not that much appeal for me... I dun go as crazy over the shopping there as some of my girlfriends do..

I heard about the warehouses, but dunno where they are &amp; have never explored them on all my trips there.

Only went to the shopping centres &amp; these were going at 50% which were good enough for me... so grabbed for my kids, niece &amp; nephews, friends' kids, etc... &amp; some extras for 'just in case'... like neighbours' kids birthday, etc... hee hee... I'll try posting the pics of my 'extras' here for you... if you are interested.

This trip was booked 3 days before departure, so did not get much 'research' done. I went to an agent recommended by my friend &amp; simply took their word for it. They recommended this hotel in Sha Tin, Royal Park. It's a pleasant 5 star hotel but definitely off from Tsim Sha Tsui, etc.

Then since it was a trip for my #2, our main target was Disneyland. In the end, it seems gal did not enjoy the trip as much as we hope she would. We confirmed she's a real homebody. She kept missing home &amp; everyone at home. Every night after her showers, she'd ask to put on socks &amp; shoes &amp; 'go' (home!) &amp; after the trip, we asked if she liked HK, she nodded, but when we asked if she wanted to go there again, she said 'no'. When we tell her everyone will be going, then she said 'yes' &amp; ask us to put on our shoes...

Sigh, sometimes, I dunno if it's just her character or that we haven't done enough for her. We started sending #1 to gym, music, etc playgroups since she was abt 10mths old, but we have yet to start #2 on any programme &amp; she's turning 2 soon.

#1 is very sociable despite being an only child/ grandchild for many years. But #2 is super shy, haiz...

My friend recommended &amp; insisted we go to Citygate Outlets. We did, got plenty of blouse from Chickeeduck for the gals, but nothing much other than those. Pp were grabbing stuffs like they are free, not for us lol... we are just not shoppers la... though we did have a great shopping trip still... *wink*

Here they go...

Girls:
your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

Boys:
your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

I've more girls around me, so tend to go for more girly stuffs... even those that are originally meant for boys...

TGIF!
today's april 3rd, 6 more days to april 9th, and maybe B2's appearance?
happy.gif

HK
i never quite liked the mainstream fashion there, i find there are better deals in HK. but then when i was in both places i didn't look around for baby stuff
happy.gif

EmQ
maybe #2 is a late bloomer?
happy.gif

Iso: I'm keeping fingers crossed. Now PT help is here and she's agreeable to helping me cook confinement recipes from the book I hv. She does her own cooking @ home so she says no prob -- one more thing off my mind + more lost &amp; found as she cleared
happy.gif
. This lady is veri nice, she's PR (fr China), veri helpful and friendly. If anyone nds contact, PM me bt she's available mostly on wkday PM now as she's been in this line many yrs (I've known her 3) so she has regular bookings for AM and wkends.

Shopping-wise, I'll take comfort (vengence?) in internet shopping since I can't travel overseas for gd bargains.

Talking abt travelling, my hubby has 1wk trip in end May and another in early July... He's quite worried 4 me and kidz bt I told him I can handle lah... juz get my mom to come again a few hrs a day, etc. Or I go out shopping everyday w B2, heheh...

Iso: I'm dunno... I'd prefer them to be more balanced... I find #1 way too friendly (I can't believe how easily she goes out to make friends, not too good for girls to be so overly friendly) &amp; #2 is way too shy (really pathetic)... if only they can rub off a bit on each other... .hmmm..

Kidz: Would you mind give me the contact of your PT help. I currently have a stay in but dun mind a back-up... these days, can never depend on FDW... at least if she decides to pack up &amp; go, I've a contact on hand...

Your PT help seems very nice. You mean she'll come in everyday to cook for you?

kidz
your PT help sounds good! can cook for you will also be less stress for you
happy.gif

btw mummies, my mum's place at ave 5 has had 21 cases of dengue over the last month! so horrifying.....

Iso: 21 cases?! My goodness, that's very alarming! So now everyone there can't leave their windows open?

EmQ: Your two princesses really sounds so different. Bt I suppose it provides you more variety in parenting (or headaches)?
wink.gif
If you hv a 3rd, no. 2 becomes the middle child who's likely to develop into an independent spirit i.e. due to less attention rec'd as older and younger siblings gets more. Anyway, I think it's good that 'jiejie' is outgoing - as the girls grow up, #2 can look up to #1's example
happy.gif

Btw, I've PM you the PT helper's contact. Mon AM she's got a regular cleaning assignment, wkends too. So I was telling her likely to juz hv her come Tue-Fri AM, 3hrs each time to cook lunch &amp; dinner for me. Any extra time do simple housework. My mom can come b4 lunch time and help send B1 to CC - tho hubby and I agree B1 can also stay home for 1-2wks 1st. Payment for PT helper-wise, her usual is $10/hr bt I intend to give more for the 3hr stint during my confinement period, amt yet to be decided. On wkends, my hubby's grandma wl cook and he'll go pick up.

Got chkup @ 11am later (Mon). Gynae says wl do VE then. We'll be keeping B1 @ home for this wk coz there's a case of HFMD @ her CC and we don't want her to kena fr anyone who may end up with it - this is the most critical period for me to avoid getting HFMD again...
sad.gif

Kidz: We currently live in an 'extended' family home, i.e. PILs are staying with us. MIL has been attending to #2 since birth. &amp; the gal sticks to her mama. MIL is supposed to look after #3, but since #2 sticks to her, I end up looking after #3 myself most of the time. With so many adults at home, there is actually no lack of attention for the kids le... so I'm wondering if the middle child symdrome still applies. In fact, I find MIL shields #2 more than #1.

EmQ: So does daddy dote on #1?
wink.gif
Yeah, if your MIL's putting more focus on #2, it can upset the mid-child theory coz traditionally, the mid-child's suppose to be able to get "lost" in the attention given to the other two and also ends up flying below the radar most of the time i.e. gets away with things unbeknownst to parents -- I'm typical mid-child
happy.gif

Mommies: Y'day had my chk-up and Dr did VE. Baby's head nt descended all the way down yet bt he says cervix's oledi very soft i.e. any day I can pop. In fact even told me if I want today (Tue) can go in to be induced. The unltrasound shows bb's 4kg bt he pressed around my tummy and estimated the actual weight to be abt 3.2 to 3.6kg. Stl, he recommended to hv bb delivered this wk so bb don't put on more weight and lead to possible complications when I try for natural delivery. Hubby and I decided okay lor, latest by Thu I go in to be induced - my b'day
happy.gif
. Plus B1 was born CNY eve and hopefully B2 can hold til Gd Fri eve
wink.gif
... Anyway, it's this wk for sure so I'll be off the radar for a while...

'Allo! 'Allo! I hvn't popped.. yet!
happy.gif
Sent B1 to CC @ abt 11 then went Anchor Pt to collect BPA free milk bottles I bot fr another mommy. Went Ikea and juz came back 3:30pm with a huge bag of containers to organise kiddes' wardrobe. B2 was moving quite a bit towards the last hr of shopping so I quicly wrapped up and came back to shower. During shower had a lot of thick discharge - much like the white of soft-boil egg. Previous discharge was less 'fluid' and more creamy. Now can feel some tightening across tummy so monitoring... Getting hungry too...
wink.gif

ooh i wonder if kidz is still around! i didn't have time yesterday to post anything..

3.2 to 3.6, that's a wide range, gosh! hope he doesn't have to be induced and comes naturally
happy.gif
good luck kidz, if you're still around
happy.gif

Heheh, yeah still around. Just got back from NTUC after sending B1 to CC. Bt last night again a super uncomfortable one with cramps and constipation. B2 also doing hurricanes then - he threw some really painful punches man... Woke mid of night to find tummy okay and B2 finally aslp. He been up and punching since we stepped out of the house - stl is. Now waiting for PT helper to help me get kitchen tidied up so she can cook for me next wk. + aircon service team to come late PM coz y'day the unit in master rm started leaking causing us to panic. Definitely got lots to do still
happy.gif

Okie, going to sort more clothes for B2 - ended up with 4-5 bags of hand-me-downs and I've been like running a laundromat the past wk. Thank God we invested in a dryer last yr!

I'll pop in and post again if got time. If not, everyone have a wonderful long weekend!

kidz: I think HB treats each child kind of equal (at least in my eyes)... same for me too... well #1 has her yeye. She's the 1st grandchild on both sides &amp; super doted on by FIL... she gets extra money when yeye empties his loose change. She gets extra ang pows from yeye during CNY, etc... so in a way, #1 has yeye &amp; #2 has mama... I wonder what's going to happen to #3. Both HB &amp; I try to b as fair to all 3 as possible. My fear is more for #3 to feel neglected... cos as it is, she's a super sweet baby. She does not fuss or whine &amp; can wait patiently for her milk. A child like that is easy to get passed over, cos she does not fuss enough for attention.

#1 is eloquent &amp; gets attention with her speech.
#2 is cheeky &amp; active catching attention.
#3 is too young to 'compete' for attention &amp; worse, she does not fuss...

Isn't it exciting? I guess u must be preparing to pop tomorrow! Do update us! Rest well &amp; wishing you a safe delivery! Happy Birthday too!

kidz: BTW, if u need any help, just holler... I'm on ML till mid-May &amp; should have the car on Tuesdays... if u need anything...

'allo! Sianz, woke up @ 3am feeling cramps again. Monitored than realised maybe constipation like y'day bt no output - juz lotsa discharge again. Looks like I'm on course to be induced later @ Mt A... Just did some more laundry of cot linen, etc. That preg-related nesting instinct is really strong in me these past two weeks -- I kp cleaning and packing non-stop and end up with backache...

EmQ: Your 3 princesses really are quite interesting in their differences - must be veri entertaining! I can imagine #1 &amp; #2 will grow up to be quite good @ charming ppl while #3 will become a sweet young thing. #1 looks like she's growing up rich too!
happy.gif
. Take my hat off to you &amp; your hubby for what you are doing in giving them equal attention - it's nt easy and how do you hv time for yourself? &amp; tx for your offer to help. Maybe we can mt up to chat and preserve our sanity
wink.gif

Right now my B1 is no lady. Even one of the teachers in her cc commented to me that B1's mannerisms are nt ladylike coz she's active -- prob takes after mommy who was quite a tomboy growing up!
wink.gif
Actually her 'ants in pants' energy level is often channeled to singing and dancing - she really loves shaking her bonbon to catchy tunes fr TV or radio. She'll tell us 'I like this one'. (Her other fave phrase is "For me? This is for me?" whereby if we don't react fast enough, it really ends up being hers... sigh) Back to her liking for music, any mommy knows of a good music and movement prog to recommend for her -- 2YO now. Thinking of helping to grow her interest in this area. I've already bought her some muscial instrument toys and waiting to set up a music corner for her. Rite now she's happy to strum on daddy's guitar or hv him play it in accompaniment to her singing 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' etc.

kidz: B1 will grow up to be ladylike la... we all do... *wink* one of my sis was super tom boy, even spotting super short hair... well all that changed when she develops interest in boys... hahaha...

All the best!

happy birthday kidz!! or happy birthday to you and B2 maybe?
happy.gif

EmQ, how do you divide attention between 3 kids AND work too? some days i'm just so shack out, and feel like there's absolutely no time to do anything. of course i'm more grumpy cos bb has been waking up for milk at 4/5am about 5-6 nights a week. zzzzzzzz
happy.gif

Iso: I live in an extended family. PILs stay with us &amp; we have a helper. We must say we are very blessed with all that help. In addition, my kids have been fairly fuss free &amp; ez. #3 is only 3 months but has been sleeping through since abt 6wks. #1 was like that too though #2 being a small eater still gets up for milk occasionally at night.

I guess it was a decision we made &amp; we learnt to live with it. HB &amp; I wanted kids early &amp; from the beginning, we insisted that the kids will fit into our lives rather than we bend over backwards to accomodate them. Maybe it's with this mindset that we just do the best we can.

We have family time when everyone eats &amp; plays together &amp; we also try to spend quality time with each child. On our recent trip to HK, we only brought along #2. She had our undivided attention for the entire trip.

On normal days, I get lots of heart to heart talk with #1 when I send her to school in the morning. &amp; while #1 is doing her homework when she gets home in the evening, we try to take #2 away &amp; spend some time with her. Or if MIL/FIL is handling #2, we may take #3 for a walk. At times, HB &amp; I take 1 child each.

I agree that at times it can get really exhaustive. There are days when I feel like I need some ME time desparately. I guess it's never ez with kids, no matter how many we have. Even my sisters with 1 kid each finds it tiring...

But this is transcient... very soon (sooner than we expect), the kids are going to grow up &amp; not need us as much, or not want us as much... I guess at that time, we'll b missing our 'busy' times.. for now, we just enjoy our kids...

Happy parenting!

Kidsz,
looks like your nestling instinct pretty strong.. but try to take it easy cos you need the energy and rest for the new addition.
Have a good delivery and hope to hear goos news from you soon! =)

Hi ladies

Kidzkidz has delivered B2 on her birthday last Thursday just close to midnight. Mother and bb are doing well at Mt. A. Should be home today
happy.gif
Congrats to them on the new bundle of joy!

oooh! exciting!
i love babies!
especially if i'm not the one who has to wake up to feed them at night, heh heh.

EmQ

so your ILs stay with you and not you stay with them? right now i'm staying with ILs but no maid, but we're scheduled to move out sometime at the end of the year when our place is ready, and while i'm looking forward to finally having our own place, i'm dreading the commuting and the inconvenience as compared to what we have now.

i used to complain a bit about having to live with them, but now i'm really grateful cos i think it's really so good for kids to be with their grandparents, who are more experienced at looking after kids than us! (even though i might not always agree with the parenting style)

I think ideally i'd like them to live with us rather than we live with them
happy.gif
if you know what i mean!

and if i could spend less hours at work, and more time to spend on me or E, i would be more happy
happy.gif

Iso: Yes, my ILs live with me. Yes, I couldn't imagine living with them (under their roof) - that would be too stifling... hahaha... &amp; Yes, living with us is different from living with them... hahaha...

Well, we win some, we lose some... life is like that... whatever life circumstance is for us, we just need to learn to count our blessings.

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Hi everyone!</font></font>

Thanks for the well wishes. B2 &amp; I got home y'day (Mon). Was induced around 3pm last Thu but his head was still high so @ 10:30pm Dr decided to go c-sect. B2 was born 11:25pm on my b'day and Good Friday eve -- as we had been praying for
happy.gif
. So now B1 (CNY eve) and him are both born on eve of PH
wink.gif
B2 weighs 3.665kg @ birth -- big baby. Realised likely due to all the fresh milk I've been drinking since 4/5 mth of preg to combat acid reflux... Also had more bird's nest than usual and this tends to be high in calcium + other minerals due to the bird's diet of fish (coastal bird's nest) In fact when I burp him ovr the shoulder position, he's been lifting his head abt to look around -- as I compare notes with some friends who also had bigger babies, I realise it's one of the things they may be able to do fr birth ... I asked for GA coz was too tired and as a result B2 was formulae 2-3 times bt is now latching on healthily. He's got longer sleep pattern than B1 so I've been able to sleep like 2hrs at least b4 next feed.

Ok, gotta go chk on him now. Will drop by another few days' time.
happy.gif

Hi all - just now B1's cc teacher called to say after she drank her bottle of milk @ lunch, she told the teacher "My mommy don't love me". I cried. She seemed ok @ home bt we've been restraining her from getting too close too often with B2 as she still don't know her own strength and her 'sayang' becomes like poking... Even tho I've been telling her often that I love her I suppose end of day I just don't have as much time to spend with her and she feels it. Breaks my heart that a 2YO can feel this way bt I'm thankful she vocalise it and her teacher updated me so I can change things... My eyes all swollen fr crying oledi
sad.gif

Kidz: Firstborns feel it the most. Although my #1 was already 5+ when #2 was born (&amp; she was already a very 'thinking' matured girl who can rationalise very well), she still went through a period of very rough patch. It took #1 almost 6mths to get used to having a sibling around. However, when #3 came along, #1 adjusted to the new bb pretty well. #2 did not appear to have any major problem. Yes, there'll be bouts of jealousy &amp; even slight regression as in bb talks &amp; fake crying by the older siblings, they are quite ok with #3. I guess #2 was born to share everything with her sibling, so another one did not make much of a difference to her. While #1 has always had our sole attention... so it's normal &amp; natural ba.

On your part, you can keep trying to re-assure B1 &amp; if possible, try to spend time alone with her at least once a day. Also, during this period, there may b lots of visitors &amp; they'll naturally say things like, 'oh, bb so cute', etc... try to remind visitors to acknowledge B1 &amp; give her their attention first before going to B2.

&amp; whenever B1 comes home from cc, make sure you are not handling the bb. U dun want her to have the impression that B2 always have you while she is being sent 'away' to cc. Better still, be very enthusiastic in receiving B1 whenever she gets home.

As for B1 being gentle with B2. Maybe she hasn't had enough experience with babies... or she could just be acting out her jealousy. I'm not too sure myself either. Cos both my toddler &amp; my 7yo still handles the bb quiet roughly.

My #1 has always been very vocal, so she has no problem expressing herself.... &amp; it was ez for me to address her insecurities. However, #2 has always been the quiet one &amp; she's super cheeky. She'd deliberate do 'naughty' things just to test our reaction. So we get lots of incidences when #2 will pull bb's leg, sleep on bb's legs, hit bb, etc. &amp; the more we tell her not to do it, the more she does it! Or at times, she'd be looking tenderly at #3 &amp; the next moment slap bb in the tummy, etc! So we had to constantly be on the look out. Must b alert whenever #2 is near #3 ~ a high incidence of injuries in children are caused by 'accidents' due to jealousy.

I also wonders if #2's actions are out of jealousy or deliberate mischief... meanwhile, we just have to continue to be very careful till the new bb can 'fight' back.

kidz,
oh dear....*hugz* I already feel like tearing just reading abt it. Can imagine how heart wrenching it must feel. But like you said, the good thing is she can vocalise it, so you know what to address...and you know what she's feeling. Compared to parents who don't know and have to keep guessing coz their child is unable to vocalise his/her emotions...

Cheer up!
happy.gif

Re cc...Can I ask, what are the things we have to get ready before the child goes to cc? Like, we have to label her bottles, bottle caps etc right? Coz I'll be sending L to cc when she turns 18 mths. So I also have to mentally prepare myself.

actually, as a firstborn, I went through a lot too when my sister was born. I remember I gave my parents hell then. hahaha. I refused to let my sister go out together with us. she had to stay at home, while I get to go out with my parents. made me feel like I'm still the special princess kinda thing. And I remember times when I just retreated to that corner in the home, thinking to myself that I must have been picked up from the rubbish dump and that nobody loves me, coz everybody's fussing over my baby sis. I was 6 yrs old when she was born...and I still felt like that? Thinking back about it....wow.

EmQ &amp; CSI: Thanks for the sharing and advice. Her words stl tearing me apart inside - she's veri special and has brought so much joy to her daddy &amp; me it totally breaks my heart that I've made her feel unloved...
sad.gif
Last nite her daddy took didi into the study and let me spend 1-2-1 time with her. I let her feed me my dinner &amp; affirmed her with the "good job!" phrase and thumb-up hand sign her CC teacher shared w me ovr the phone y'day -- cld see B1's delight in that I was able to 'play' along w something she's familiar w. I cuddled and kissed her lots and kept telling her 'mommy loves you'. Also allowed her to kiss and sayang didi more without me getting too worked up. She was in fact gentler in showing affection for him. Thank God B2 slept soundly this AM so I was able to spend an 1hr w B1 getting her ready for cc. So when her daddy came to pick her up, she happily kissed and hugged me goodbye. I'll continue to give her more time and attention and talk to her more to explain the change in situation.

EmQ: How true, now I realise other than on Mon evening (when I was discharged), the rest of the wk when B1 reaches home she sees me carrying/bf B2 so I gotta watch that.

Ur B2 sounds like me. I'm the middle child so had a bad relationship w my younger sis whilst growing up. Now we're all there for each other. Bt hearing what ur B2 does is a good reminder to me to manage the B1's perception better.

Flower ever mentioned a similar incident abt her own B2 and B3. They are I think 1y apart. She once caught B2 kicking B3 when the two were sleeping on same mattress.

CSI: This picked up fr rubbish bin thing - my mom used to tell me dat coz I was really veri naughty and rebellious -- acting out coz of my younger sis. I actually carried it in my heart through those tumultous teen yrs and wrote it all out in my jounral for sch such dat my teacher counselled me... Later grew older and became wiser. Now my younger sis and I hv good supportive relationship. In fact aft I SMS her abt B1's comment, she and her hubby dropped by to spend some time w B1. B1 bawled when they were leaving, wanted to follow them home to play with their boy -- basically these are her fave uncle and aunt and cousin. Also their house full of toys so it's her Disneyland... You know, B1's been refusing to let us clip her toenails for her bt y'day when her aunt asked if her cousin Josh can clip them for her, she immediately nodded her head! Hubby and I hv been intending to clip her toenails when she's sleeping bt we've just been dead tired this past wk. Hopefully one of us can stay awake to carry out the task tonight...
happy.gif

B2 quite yellow w jaundice again -- he's 1wk old so that's abt the time it peaks. I just sat by the window w him for a while earlier and wl be repeating it throughout today. Hopefully he'l get better or 2mr must go PD for blood test. Same thing happened to B1 where she was re-admitted aft 1wk...
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Preparing for CC</font>
1. Label everything - made name labels for her bottles, pouches... (can try www.stikybusiness.com) bt these cant tahan heat so I reapply when need. Also got laundry markers from Big Book Shop @ central to write name on her clothes. Also bought iron-on labels from Daiso @ JE. Labels got cute animal pic and a line for child's name -- I nvr use in the end so can pass to you if you want. Got abt 2-3 packs of 4-5 labels each in boy design.

2. Hv permanent set of extra clothes in child's bag (in case they soil, drop food, play w water, etc.)

3. Water bottle, milk bottle, milk powder container: prepare the BPA free type for easier maintenance. Coz once bring home I always rinse with warm to hot water to disinfect and get rid of milk solids. In fact, I have two sets of these in case things I don't wash up in time coz too tired...

ooh....got so many things to think of ah...Laundry markers. Didn't know there's such a thing. Write her name on the clothes? Those home clothes or school uniform?

Iron-on labels? wah. ok...usually iron-on labels are used to label what? Sorry if it sounds silly. I only know of iron on labels to iron onto clothes...hahaha.

BPA-free type of bottles ah. I'm using Avent now leh...those are not BPA free...but well. haha. I shd stick those stickers onto her bottles too right? but when sterilizing the bottles, wun those stickers come off?

kidz
i seriously was tearing while reading your post. i had to keep my composure at work... i think probably CSI and i most affected cos both of us still at #1. EmQ was probably thinking, been there done that, hahah...

all this talk about #1 and #2s - now i realise why my nephew (who spends more time at my place rather than their own home) is always hitting and kicking E.. my sis is due in Nov, and i think i better start preparing E as well..

do you think their temperaments affect how they react to a new addition?

stickers
i've just been looking at this recently!
i found this random site http://www.siou.com.sg/ - looks like they have a push cart (or something) at United Square until this weekend?
i also saw another web page before but now can't find it.. stiky business looks not bad!

Iso: Hahaha... no la, I wasn't nonchalant... yes, true about the been there, done that... I think after 3 kids, nothing gets you down... hee hee... or should I say seasoned... *wink*

There was a time when it was particularly hard. #1 was super sticky the few mths b4 #2's birth &amp; one Sunday, she just refused to let me go off after I sent her for Cathecism class. I dunno why but I must have felt so worn out, I just broke down, in front of her Cathecism class teachers. &amp; one of the teachers, was so sweet she shared her own experience with me.

I guess temperaments is one thing. How we react will also guide the child along. A vocal child may use words to 'fight back' while a reserved child may resort to physical means or worse close up.

Stickers? Check out http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/2245707

It's much cheaper than 'siou'. I got from her previously but since her recent BP just ended, she may take a while to start a new BP. Or you can try emailing her to check. I was supposed to get for #3, but was travelling during her recent BP &amp; could not catch it in time. Will be ordering in her next BP... or may try asking her after I've decided which ones I need to replenish. The clothing labels are quite pretty. I got for #2 previously, so in a way, #2 is cc-ready... (well at least in this aspect)... hee hee..

Hi mommies - tx again 4 the support. I've been spending more time w B1 since the incident n also allow her more contact w her didi. been explaining more to her abt what's going on &amp; why I nd 2 do certain things or nd her help w him 2. so far things hv been well - dat is on the outside 4 her n 4 me... am stl saddened dat i actuali caused her such hurt, hope it wont affect her in the long run n more impt, she can 4get it (tho i nvr wl...) Wat a big, big lesson 4 me 2 learn <sigh>

Juz now hubby swung by in taxi 2 pick up 3 of us. Sent B1 2 cc bt she cried when I remained in taxi
sad.gif
... We had 2 go ICA 2 reprint B2's BC coz Mt A printed it slanted n hubby was rushibg dan so didnt chk properly. these 2ks reali mad ones w so many things nt turning out properly... starting w my unexpected c-sect. Y'dae i sneezed twice in a row n even w tummy binder n me holding it in, stl was super uncomfortable -- like whole tummy reverberated aft the sneezing, buay tahan man.

CSI: Here's another name label co -- offers different type of hi quality labels for kidz or even home use like kitchen labels. Think fr Australia. May stay on aft exposure to hi temp.
https://www.stuckonyou.biz/singapore/index.asp

btw, I hear fr June US onli allows BPA free bottles so no harmful chemicals leach out under hi temp sterilization. Even milk storage bags now also BPA free...

Kidz: Hi there, don't be so hard on yourself. Don't forget B1 is only a toddler, she may be vocal but there is still limitations to her linguistic abilities. I believe she just meant to tell her teachers that she felt neglected, rather than mummy 'not wanting' her.

Let's face it, there will be times in our lives when we feel this way (we cannot shield our kids forever either). Take it as a good opportunity for B1 to learn more about herself, her emotions &amp; even mum &amp; dad!

We are very certain of our love for our kids. Nothing can change that. We just need to show them how much we love them unconditionally. B1 will come round to understanding you better.

My #1 also went through that stage. However, we kept talking to her &amp; also do whatever we can to help her grow. She has matured a lot more, can understand where we are coming from &amp; today, can even tell us when she feels neglected. However, it's more of a "I'm feeling this way mum because... but, I know you love me" kind of conversation. It has become a more intellectual level of analysis than a mere tantrum.

As for c-sect... it's a surgery after all &amp; yes, do expect some pain for awhile. However, it will pass soon.

I think the 1st few weeks after delivery is always the most 'delicate', especially if it was a c-sect. There are just so many things to adjust to, to cope with... plus the hormonal changes.. try to take things ez...

I also had a hard time (eventhough it was 3rd time round)... &amp; eventually gave up bfing... definitely not ez... I din feel good, but I've learnt to let go... it is only if we can let go &amp; make a concerted effort to be happy, that we can focus our attention on making our kids happy.

Enjoy your maternity leave!

kidz,
*Hugz*....Take care...I think it's not easy with c-sect, but must remember to rest well also...coz still have to look after the kids next time...not just now.

I agree with EMQ. We have to learn to let go. It is not easy, but, take a step back and breathe.... You are doing a great job! I don't think I would be able to handle it the way you have... It could also be due to the hormonal changes that is making you feel extra upset. Don't slip into depression, yah? This is a good chance for B1 to learn a bit more about independence...and to reinforce the bond between the both of you. Focus on how we as parents can help our kids grow up to be strong and independent, yet filled with love for each other.

Jia you!! Good job mummy Kidz!

oh, thanks for the links to the sticker pple.
happy.gif

Btw, shd I start my gal on pull ups when she goes to CC? would that be easier? or can I still stick to the normal diapers?

CSI: CC teachers know how to put on diapers for the kids, so it's not an issue. If you want your girl to put on her own diapers, then pull ups would be good... if not, it's really not an issue. Also, she should be learning to use the toilet soon... esp after seeing all the other bigger kids using it, she'd want to learn too.

Back