Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth

hey any1 working in suntec?
know wen will the next body shop sales?
o..btw any mummies going to the fair 2molo?

Hi jeanie,
welcome welcome....
happy.gif

Hi CSI,
All the vege/fruit I prepare in "bulk", freeze in tray, turn them out of tray and store in packs, so when i can spinach, i take out 2 cubes and put it into my glass containers and warm it up in my warmer and serve "neat".
Some vege has a natural sweetness but like vege and brocolli, tasteless, so normally i mix in cereal and ebm, to give it some "taste", else all serve as they are. sweet potatoes and carrot has natural sweetness, no need add anything, very nice on its own. I like it too! ^^

Hi sleek,
thank you for you freezing tray. The ebm was fun to make but very very very MESSY!!! haha... but Audrey seems to enjoy it, so will continue until I cannot tahan cleaning up the mess! keke...

so you going for the "east coast outing" too huh? If i know you going then i wont have change date to last sat, so audrey can meet jordan and take a sweet pic together! LOL!

didn't get to meet other mummies thou but was nice to finally get to meet angel.
happy.gif

Hi flower,
alamak, wat yahoo forum? never share share picnic idea here with us... :.(

Hi apple,
C-sect or natural, so long mummy comfortable and baby is healthy then all is good.
happy.gif

mmm... so long your wound is healed and you are ready then go for it! wah... so fast want to have #02? ;)

HI angel,
sounds like your maid is taking things for granted. yeah, agree on the pt tat if they have access to internet, they should be doing ok. flower's tips are good and very useful. Try not to have your helper push you around, and let the agency get you a replacement FOC. Seems like the helper is trying to push her luck here, don't help her to pay off those loans and air tickets. Cos she should know that she is "commited" to the job for a minimum period. lucky, you are going on child care leave, so can keep a watch.

haven't check out the baby cafe thingy but the week after next sounds for me too.

Petrina,
need to find out a bit more details about your dreamnest, sms you but you didn't reply. will try to catch you tml.
happy.gif

Cheers!

Hi all,

Sorry, now very sleepy .. daily catch the repeat telecast of the drama in channel 8 then follow by programs in channel u.

Coolmama, your no 1 is same age as my no 2. Flower, my kids are 5 (boy) and 4(gal), in k2 and n2.

ok gota sleep, can hardly open my eyes to write this....

cool: i think u save my hp no wrongly... i din get ur sms yesterday. i'll drop u an sms ltr.

jeannie: hihi! i'm staying in holland ave. blk 10. haha
happy.gif
finally got walking distance fren liao... my boy is currently 4days to being 3mths.. hehe

CSI: hehe, i hear u talk abt food, i so gian to feed ryan liao.. but muz lun.. keke..

Hi ladies,
Just came across this thread, I'm staying at Dover Cres, anyone live near me? My boy is coming to 7 mths in a week's time..nice to meet all of you here
happy.gif

Btw, any recommendation on food warmer? I'm also freezing my puree but I understand that my mum will steam them warm after I bring down the puree to chill in the fridge. For me, I will microwave them cos I lazy, but heard it's not good for the bb..

Hi apple,
Iam going to the baby fair tml
happy.gif
shld be around 3pm plus, bring my 1mth bb along as wanted to buy a stroller for her.. hee.. any mummy going to the baby fair?

petrina: you mean california bb brand? calendula is the cream le. if you want to get for bathing/ showering, get the super sensitive shower and bodywash $14.50, if you want to get a cream that can be used for everything from diaper to mozzie to scratches, get the calendula cream $15. I've been ordering these 2 items from the lady that Angel posted the spree link to. So far Ima has been providing excellent service, always very prompt and on-the-ball with orders and replies.

angel, kidz, petrina: jts, not every california bb product is recommended to be safe for babies use, http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special/parentsguide/
is a very good website to bookmark and visit to check on the safety of a particular cosmetic or toiletry product, be it for baby or yourself.

Pet: that's why I recommended the super sensitive (SS) bodywash rather than their calming one. Cos the fragrance in the calming one makes it less safe to use than the SS which has no fragrance but of course, it's ultimately up to you which to choose.

Koori,
Yes, of cos! You gave birth liao? How old is your bb now? We have yet met each other in person though living so near..hehe..maybe can arrange one of these days with our bbs?
happy.gif

hi mummies!!
shopping spree for me today... went to expo wif a fellow mummy...

Victories Incl -

9 pkts Pampers Comfort @ $90.90
**Spin The Wheel Free Gift - Braun Ear Thermometer Model 4020

Motherhood Magazine Subscription 2yrs @ $86
**Lindam Feeding Bottle
**$18 Value Ez Link Card
**$10 Food Voucher
**Goodie Bag - Pampers x 6pcs, detergent samples, vouchers, etc...

Himalayas Brand Face Cream 2tubes @ $8
Himalayas Brand Shampoo 1tube @ $4.50
**Travel Kit - Face Cream, Diaper Cream, Moisturizing Oil
**3pcs Soft handkerchiefs

BumWear Swim Diaper M Size @ $20

Huggies
**Huggies Ultra Diaper Samples

Hi mummies,

Can I join in the thread as well. Just happening to saw this thread and I am staying in the west as well. Now staying near Alexandra Village (just opposite Queensway)

I went to expo this afternoon as well and bought nestle rice cereal, pampers and swim diaper. Quite a good buy for diapers.

Am selling off my L size Pampers Comfort @ $10 as I tried on my boy just now and the cutting too small to fit him. Any mummies keen pls let me know.

Thanks

Petrina,
wah! harvest leh! so many things. never see you there!

Hey flower, i went there with my hubby today, last minute decision. not many goodies to take lah. those who like EQ diapers can go get some. $10 bucks for M,L,XL. all the other things, like heinz, gerber, pampers, milk, pureen, nothing special lah. their promos discount are as good as the supermarket discounts out there. so not worth running all the way there to get cans of milk or food stuff.

But Himalya not bad, 35% off the RP. I got the body cream & shampoo.

And if you pampers fan, yupe, can stock up a bit over there, cos since pampers seldom on offer.

wanted to buy EQ but no hands to carry today... mmm....

baby equipment and accessories wise, nothing much thou.

Stopped by at bugis for dinner, think the GSS there, baby clothes and stuff more attactive in BHG.

<font color="ff0000">DOWNSIDE TO USING CALENDULA CREAM</font>

It worked wonderfully to help heal my girl's diaper rash (wet &amp; blistered), together with Mustela's Vitamin E Barrier Cream. CC also worked great in healing the scratches she got playing with "Cat-Cat". But I've realised after using it on her face to help clear some rash that she now has white-heads! These are hard and though very tiny, I can't break them so I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of them. Worst, I had applied CC to a small scratch between her eyes (from her finger nails) and she has now has two white-heads there!

So word of caution: think best not to use the Calendula Cream on our children's faces.

Any mommy got suggestion how I can get rid of the white-heads? I can feel them distinctively when I run my hand over her face. The two between her eyes are a little obvious as well. Sigh...

cool: ya... not worth gg all e way... unless 1 person drive n few families buy in bulk... pampers r e only great deal over there IF u buy in bulk. e rest r abt same as GSS or mthly supermarket sales..

no free stuffs. all e free stuffs i got r frm buying things frm them.. only thing free i got w/o purchase is huggies diaper. haha
happy.gif

hi coolmama...
well just tinking mah...must plan ahead..tho of havin #2 1 1/2yr frm now..hee...cz hardwork now enjoy later..so i can fully work fulltime aft 6yr..hee..cz help out in the family income mah..

hi elaine..
u going?i PM u but u never reply...hmm..wanna get the huggies but cant get cz run out veri veri fast..so i order direct frm supplier..so any one wanna join?

Hi Jeannie

Both my boys see the PD at Sunset Way. Her name is Dr Yvonne See. I like her cos she always explains what's wrong with your child when they're sick, what you can do and what the medicine does etc.

A couple of times she even discourages over medicating so I was quite impressed as I'm not the kind who sends them to the doctor at the first sign of a flu etc. I only medicate when all else fails.

Hope this helps.

Hi to all mummies...

It's been a long long time since I stepped into this forum... Missed you all mummies..

I am back to work last monday - was busy with work &amp; pumping breastmilk - OMG!!! when I am busy, I hv overlooked time to pump - then kena engorged.. So pain...

Also so unlucky - my battery pad went dead on me while I pumped half-way - WAH LAU!!! so frustrating... So me stormed to Philips Avent Customer Service store and gave him hell-of-time. Got the new exchanged one - Again failed me... So another round of anger...

What a week for me, man!!

To All Mummies:
What kind of soft food can I introduce to BB when he is 6mths old? Nestle cereals? Biscuits??
Please advise...

To Angel:
After I placed BB at infant care centre for 2wks now, BB can zzz on his own with me patting his back &amp; sing lullaby. No need to coax, carry &amp; walk him around to zzz... A relief &amp; happy to see this little step he took. Is Dana coming in soon?

Hi limangela,
looks like you have been busy? you went back to work while angel just going on maternity leave. heehee..

hi apple,
I wanted to stop at 1, so she can have everything! but think think if god give me #02 then i will have #02.

Hi petrina,
I like the himalaya, used it on my gal and regret not buying more. but you very steady leh, got a thermometer, cover everything back liao loh!

diaper rash: I am still a big fan of desitin creamy! keke..

anyone else still going to Motherhood fair?

aiyo, this forum really active with young mommies. What a pity I cant really fit into the topics. :)

have a nice weekend.

Hey coolmama
well i dont wanna spoilt my child too much so have #2 better can teach them to share n love eachother..cz if have one like veri boring..anyway i miss thos preg days n at the ops how the nurse push the bb in to let me see..wow..it's wonderful..

hi apple,
my com was down yesterday.. starhub doing network cable for my svc so cannot use internet..
sad.gif

When down to the motherhood Fair yesterday, also bought the pampers confort at $10.10 per pack, i bought 2carton..haha.. there is actually another diaper brand softlove some where in the right end corner, i see their diaper like not bad and they are selling very cheap which Msize selling $6 for 54pcs. which is approx $0.10/pcs. I also bought 2carton for my baby day use.. When i compare with the pampers comfort i find the quailty is almost 90%similar.. think its a good buy also.

Also went to the friso corner, they are giving the offer of buy 5 get1 free + free delivery service selling $30per tin for friso 1.

Went to the huggis ultra corner also, think they have some offer and they are giving some sample pack to cust to try, but if divide by pcs is approx $0.35/pcs.

kidz, i use the cream on my son's face and nothing happened like for yr girl's case, and my mum uses it to get rid of whiteheads on her own face, so it's not very fair to generalize and say that we should never use it on our children's faces. hope your girl's prob is solved soon!

hi elaine..it's ok..any way i went to order frm the huggies supplier..at $13.50per pck...aft round off...hmm..then must order by cartons..any mummies keen in chippin in the deal?

cool: ya. i happy tat i managed to spin a thermometer... recover cost of diapers.. but sad cause i already have 2 thermometers at home liao...

elaine: too many ppl n strollers ard therefore i missed quite a few things...

pampers comfort
my hb say i bot too many M size... not sure when will my boy hit L size?

pet and elaine,
for pampers, how many pieces in a pack?

serene,
5 months still not steady in high chair, so you may want to consider those chushy ones, like combi. audrey sits with us during meal times in that since birth till now. I don't know what other brands have this kind of high chairs thou..

Else, those from ikea are not bad to. personally, i don't trust booster seats,i prefer those stand alone ones. JMHO.
happy.gif

Sleek: So good that your Jordan and mom's face didn't kena negative reaction from the California Baby Calendula Cream like my girl. I feel bad that I used the cream there and she kena like that.
kao_sad.gif

But other mommies can definitely take my girl's incidence as good REMINDER to think about doing patch testing of any new product on our babes first (ourselves too!) to avoid headaches and heartaches. Am sure Angel will agree since baby Dana developed allergic reaction to Griggins product that resulted in bad diaper rash... Actually that was why I recommend her to try the Calendula Cream and gave her some to test on Dana first. We had had wonderful results from using it to heal a bad case of diaper rash on our girl last Dec. Now Angel's a convert too!
kao_happy.gif
And I still buy and use the cream because as I mentioned, it hasn't failed on healing scratches and rashes on other parts of my girl's body e.g. arms, legs, bum. Works on me too when I get insect bite, etc.

Anyway, as the saying goes "One man's meat is another man's poison" -- very apt for our three cases right?
kao_wink.gif

Sherlyn: Hi! Hope you can be a part of this support group because we need more experienced mommies like Flower, Coolmama, etc. to share with us - the younger mommies (also mommies to one child) - your practical parenting exerpeince.
kao_smile.gif
At the end of the day, I think real life stories + solutions which can't be found in books or websites are still better. So do hang around and share!

Sherlyn: My earlier post (above) missed out including you with my listing of Flower and Coolmama. What I was trying to type is experienced mommies like you (you have more than 1 kid) are invaluable to newbies like me.
biggrin.gif

Mommies: Got this Huggies sample and found the following flyer enclosed. Need 6 of their barcodes from Pull Ups or Ultra range to redeem for this play-tent. Promotion on from 1 July to 30 September 2008. Tent looks quite cute and am sure my girl will have a field day playing in it. If any of you "Huggies Mommy" is not interested, think can pass me your barcodes instead?

biggrin.gif
1475606.jpg

mummies,
can I ask something...re maids/helpers.

I opened my mailbox on Sunday (coz fri and sat never open). And was shocked to find a letter address to my maid. She's only been here for 2 weeks! So, it was like, how come got letter for her? She gave our address to other people...

I dunno how to handle leh. coz 1st time having a maid...what to do ah? I still haven't given her her letter yet. Don't intend to open it though, coz privacy. But just not sure what to say to her when I hand it over to her.

kidz,
me no huggies barcode. coz I redeemed the Huggies toys the last time round they had a similar promo. Now, my Huggies packs are still sitting at home, unopend (just 1 square missing, coz of hte cut out code...hahaha). Bought bigger sized ones, so now still sitting in the cupboard. hahaha

Angel: Thank you! I'll pick up from you this Sat at photoshoot -- harder to arrange time to go down to your place coz my schedule not consistent during school hols. After redeeming, our girls can play in it together when Dana's old enough
biggrin.gif

Flower: PM me your mailing ad and I send you a SAE -- think that's easiest? Thanks again!

CSI Fan: Understand. I also have abt two packs of L-size Nepia at home with the seal cut out.
crazy.gif
My worry now is my girl may outgrow!

Mommies: Anybody wants to take a brand new &amp; unopened packet of Drypantz (L size) off my hands at $15? Getting tight for my girl. But must collect from my place (opposite Clementi mosque) coz we don't drive. Or if the timing's right can meet at Clementi central.

Any Mummies like to use huggies dry?
having promo frm supplier..
S-24pcs 1 carton 8pkt $5/pkt
M-84pcs 1 carton 3pkt $15/pkt
L-72pcs 1 carton 3pkt $15/pkt
XL-60pcs 1 carton 3pkt $15/pkt
if any mummies intrested plz PM me..self collection at Queenstown/anchorpoint..

Huggies ultras super jumbo pkt
S-XXL $20/pkt
huggies ultras normal pkt
S-XXL $15/pkt

Mamy poko normal pkt
S-XXL $16/pkt

Kidz, you mean you girl too small for L? Btw, how many pc are there in a pack? Maybe can meet up at your place to pick up the drypantz and pass you the barcode.

Apple, can I know how many pc are there in a pack for size L?

Flower: Drypantz L-size = 36pcs. This one cutting smaller than Nepia's L-size Pull-Ups so after my girl wears Drypantz and I tear it off her, I find lots of marks on her from the elastic -- which she doesnt' get (definitely not as much) when I let her wear Nepia. In addition to the brand new and unopened pack, I have another pack that is 3/4 i.e. 27pcs left. I definitely want to sell off all for. Say for $25? Let me know if you want. Or any other mommy interested, let me know.

Say, how did the 1st family photo shoot go? Anyone got tips for us for this Sat? I still don't know whether to adopt coordinated outfits...
kao_confused2.gif

Anyway, yesterday I had quite a bit of fun with my girl (15M). Showed her an orange and she straightaway said "Apple". Tried to correct her but she couldn't grasp yet. Then I asked her if the orange was a ball and she stared at it quizzically, not being able to decide if it was a ball or apple. Think I better start doing some flash cards with her. So far I only stuck some signs around the house e.g. door, cupboard, mirror -- which she's picked up quite quickly.

Another funny story: I just attended two parenting workshops conducted at my girl's infant care centre. Found out that at this stage tods learn through their five senses e.g. touch. I told everyone I felt so much better know that because I felt so bad she had pinched a boy in her class till he cried. At least now I know she was "learning" through her sense of touch -- at the boy's expense of course. Heheh...

Hi Angel,

When you see this message, could you please pm or email me with your email address? I wrote to your office email but found that you are on leave. It's regarding our spree. Thanks!

Back