MMI @ katong shopping centre

hi jamie,
hahaha...i literally beg her if can start even earlier but mei said that previously they helped another student apply for entry at 17mths. So don't suppose can be any earlier. And cc is cheaper compare to infant care.
happy.gif

oh...so nice to dress up as bunny! ahhh, i miss the traditional painted easter eggs. Nowadays kids only want the chocolate wrap easter eggs bought from supermarket.

smallbell
usually the earliest age cc can accept is 17mths, subject to mcys approval.

haha.. choc easter eggs, save the hassle of painting. makes it easier for the parents
biggrin.gif

the school usually hv dress up day for special occasions like halloween, cny etc. but even without occasions, they hv different themes too, which we had recently like pyjamas day (dress in pyjamas) & upside down day (dress anything inside out or upside down). its pretty fun & interesting & teachers also dress up together with the kids
biggrin.gif

hi jamie,
ahhhh, so fun, upside down day...kekeke. Pyjamas day is convenient, just wear the same set whole day, no need to change clothes.
happy.gif

ykkk, i been to their preview last sat. Many of the parents & children turned up. Like the environment. is v clean & spacious. they've outdoor playgnd & cycling track as well. heard still constructing, should be ready soon.thinking to switch my boy to their N1. Personally like their infant nap & playrm. very spacious & cheery
happy.gif
heard they got early bird promotion now.
http://cherieheartsmountbatten.com.sg/

Hi Jamie,

Nope. But went to MMI to take alook b4. My son is with Patsch now. But thinking to switch to a childcare nearer to my mom-in-law whom stay near mountbatten area
happy.gif
and went to see Chilterm,wow very ex & the staff abit unfriendly oso.

june
pat fees is quite comparable to chiltern. is he attending the one at katong? wanted to put my gal there but was full.
i agree, chiltern staff not so friendly.

cos' i was thinking my no#2 can put with CH mtbatten infant care too. they got the infant care there quite nice esp. the nap room so cosy. did you go in & see? the patsch infant care at halifax is ex lor. so thinking now got promo, can sign up & see how 1st. not easy to grap a place for infant care leh. been searching for sometimes.

june
yes their infant care area is nice & cosy & the gym area is spacious for them to move around.

hv u visit little skool house at mountbatten sq? they also hv infant care service but premises is not that big compare to this CH. but their infant care section is very nice too.

hi Jaeden's mummy,
have u give birth to ur no. 2?? BTW i'm Zhaohui's mummy :p u r changing Jaeden to where??
just write that u want to withdrawn n when is the last date your child will be there lor.... MMI needs 2 month notice hor...

hi ladies....
i'm going crazy soonnn..... life without a maid for 3 months liao.... so far hsework still quite alrite... i dont really do everyday... but looking after e kids part is e difficult part... I always have to use cane or shouting at both especially ZH.... hai.... e last wkend I was basically screaming n caning him throughout....
sad.gif
i'm really so so exhausted abt it... teacher gave him some homework but he dont want to write.... n mess up e whole room with books... so so many things happen in e wkend tat last nite i really tell him i'm going to send him away if he still dont behave.... i'm really exhausted.
sad.gif

elaine
i can understand what u going thru coz almost everyday i'm also screaming at my 2 kids. its already norm to me & part of my life liao
biggrin.gif
that explains why i'm a little high blood.
do u intend to get a maid then?

hi jamie,
dont intend to get any maid la... but just find tat my parenting method wrong.... y do i need to scream at them every hour when i'm at home with them.... hai~~~ did i take things too seriously... arggghhhh i think i'm going to imh soooon....

elaine
i hv to scream (raise my voice) then my kids will listen. otherwise they will just try their luck, so i hv to be firm with them. my hubby plays the goody & i'm the baddie lor.
maybe u just need time to exercise patience with them. dont be too hard on yourself.

hi elaine,
if we let them be, they will just climb all over our head. It's good to use punishment on them. I know is definitely very heartpain to cane but no choice. Just hope they will grow up to understand our effort. Does ZH have homework every weekend?

hi smallbell,
every 2wks they will give back all their exercise book for us to see at e same time give them some homework. somehow i find tat they seems to be more academic... now ZH is learning the spelling for 1 to 5 using songs n he knows how to spell one n two liao.... I'm very satisfied with the teaching part lor...

hi elaine,
wow, that is really good, focus on studies. Until now, mmi never have homework, only chinese once a week during the weekends, just simple 1-2 pages only.

hi smallbell n jamie,

think in cherie hearts they want parents to have some involvement in the children's work therefore they give some work back for parents to do with e kids but if not finish they will continue it in e classroom with e kids. Somehow i think is good to give them some homework so tat they will be prepared for pri sch.
smallbell, u remember a boy call :JunWei?? he is in cherie hearts too this yr K2 n got spelling every wk.

hi smallbell,
ya cos they moved hse n her elder sister is studying in e sch i'm working so we know each other, when she heard tat ZH changing sch she came n ask me which sch n good or not then she go over to take a look then decided to change but Junwei is e only K2 child there so e teacher will teach in solo.... but during playtime he will mixed with e K1 children.

hi elaine,
oic. Oh ya, cherie hearts is a new school, that is why no other K2 kids. The cherie heart at eastgate (near my house) infant care is still looking for teachers.

elaine
wow that junwei only k2 child, so personal teaching wor, very good!
biggrin.gif

smallbell
i heard the cherie hearts at mountbatten also recruiting teachers. i hv yet to bring my hubby to view the school.

hi smallbell n jamie,
ya is a new sch so dont have K2 children.
so far find tat their curiculum not bad but fees increasing in may.... almost comparable with mmi liao...

hi jamie,
does mountbatten branch still have open house? can go take a look. The circle line opening this weekend right?

hi elaine,
increase to $700 for full day? would it be same price for all cherie heart branch?

hi smallbell,
circle line open tomolo
happy.gif

for SZ will be $910 after subsidy will be $610.
for ZH will be $840 after subsidy will be $580... MMI still more expensive... but somehow we thought CH will be much cheaper...

smallbell
i went to the open house with chloe coz hubby working so cant join us lor. will go with him again when he's not so busy & school officially open.
the school is very similar to MMI, open concept but much bigger than MMI. their infant care is in a separate area & enclosed so wont affect the other children. their outdoor playground is still under construction & they also hv an outdoor area for sand & water play, but the whole place is fully aircon which i'm not very keen.
sad.gif

hi elaine,
that's ex too. But is ok, the school is good. Does ZH likes school now?

hi jamie,
oh, fully aircon then not too good. You mentioned about shaw increase price as well right?

smallbell
yup, suppose to increase wef next mth but heard it may delay for another year since quite alot of parents are quite affected by it. but still no news yet. if really increase then may not put chloe full day, unless hubby is ok with CH at mountbatten. we also hope not to change school coz we really like shaws.

hi smallbell,
ya is consider ex... different CH different prices but for this one cos is new so everything still very new... moreover my little SZ can eat ALOT in sch so wont be changing again although hubby keep nagging is unreasonable for them to increase price :p As for ZH he is much better now.... occassionally he will says he dont want to go sch but once reach sch he is alrite... n both e EL n CL teacher all mention tat now he is more willingly to do his writing.

elaine
its good that ZH is doing well in school. actually its quite fast for them to increase the fees rite? consider its still new.

hi jamie,
hope shaw will not increase fee. It's very difficult to switch school especially when kids already made friends in school and used to the environment.

hi elaine,
oh good, SZ eats well in school.
happy.gif
the east gate CH charging at $500 for full day, think maybe still new so don't dare to increase yet. And like what jamie said, too fast to increase fee and perhaps you can ask other parents to feedback.

hi jamie n Smallbell,

i thought all e cherie hearts are increasing e fees.... not too sure leh... but so far all e teachers in this particular cherie hearts hold a diploma, maybe tat's y they can ask for an increase but from e letter i thought is all e cherie heart going to increase fees....

smallbell
yup, we prefer to stay in apartment as it give us the flexibility to cook.
it actually depends on the length of your trip, type of accommodation, places u wish to visit & airfares. of coz joining packaged tour will be more cost effective compare to F & E.
think my last year's trip is abt $4000, inclusive of airfare, accommodation, car rental & other misc expenses etc.

smallbell
most likely abt 1 week. will include farm stay this time. chloe enjoyed herself at the wildlife park last year so i think she will enjoy the farm stay, esp together with her little bro. actually want to visit fruit orchard for fruit picking but july is winter, no other fruits except citrus unless we go during spring time.

hi jamie,
oh, farmstay will be very nice. Think they will enjoy seeing and feeding the animals. Would spring be a better time to go due to the weather?

hi ykkk,
wow, webcam at cc. I heard of this service but not sure which cc has webcam.

Back