MMI @ katong shopping centre

bbethan
little neuro tree @ parkway having open house this weekend, if u free then drop by lah. i'm going later this afternoon to look see
biggrin.gif

elaine
thought u in HK liao since u MIA. oh dear hope SZ is better after the antibiotics. dont worry, i'm sure she will be well by then before u depart.

bbethan,

so far only music and speech/drama in chinese is b4 nap time. Whereas Speech/drama for english will be at 3.30pm after nap
happy.gif

Yes, I also noticed that they are more into arts n crafts bt bcos they are younger...those older...already hv worksheets to do...

Also, after the nap time and tea break..the teachers will also split them into 2 or 3 grps...eg : my gal, Kayla and An An will be with the older kids and whereas, ethan, Mark, atorius will be in another grp...depending on the teachers...sometimes only my gal will the older kids

Hi Elaine,

initially I also thot of transferring my gal to cherie hearts in ubi bt my gal dun want...

bt I will enrol my 2nd child in the infant care at cherie hearts
happy.gif

nuahcouple
maybe when chloe knows her mei mei is in the same school she will change her mind?
biggrin.gif

so fast, u going to due soon rite?

hi jamie,
yes, book during natas. I will be going in april.

hi elaine,
hope SZ will recover soon. if really cannot, you can still amend the travelling dates, pay i think around $70-$90 for changes. Last time i change departure date before.

hi jamie n smallbell,
SZ recover liao... thank you
happy.gif
now is my turn to cough :p

hi nuahcouple....
oh.... is not easy to change they want... for my boy he dont like e previous sch n e current sch... will cry every time he goes to sch. so there isnt much different for us to change him or not but he is happy to have meimei to be in e same sch as him.

hi elaine,
opps, hope you recover soon too. ZH still cry in the new school? Patrick misses ZH, sometimes ask him about ZH, he will say sadly that he is no longer there.

elaine
wish u a speedy recovery!! hv a good trip too
happy.gif

ZH still dont like the school? maybe it takes a while for him to make new friends. well at least the consolation part is mei mei is in the same school.
i hope if really hv to change school for chloe, she will adapt well too.

anyway dun intend to chg sch for my gal as it will be easier for my dad to fetch her and I fetch the small gal when I enrol her in infant care
happy.gif

am due in mid May
happy.gif

hi smallbell,
ya ZH still cries in e morning but this morning he didnt cry
happy.gif
hope things will get better but so far is already much better he seldom come home saying he dont want to go sch anymore.

hi elaine,
hope he will enjoy school. Does this cc have excursion trips? mmi quite long never organize trip already.

hi jamie,
wow...once a month...??? for all e children??
i never ask before la...but nvm i dont really like e teacher to bring my kids for excursion heeheee i'm a very paranoid mother.... once in a while is fine... but not too frequent la. i will be thinking e whole day how's my kids out there :p

jamie
so frequent huh? now u know where the fees increase go to. good exposure for the kids. but same like elaine, i'll also be a bit worried abt the teachers bringing them out.

so far, never hear nurture cottage hv excursion leh. think only the bigger names hv such? i know odysey n some Learning Vision centre has regular excursions with parents involved too.

bbethan,

for the younger kids...clever cat..no excursion bt I remb last time when C was in clever cat..they brought them to swimming pool...

I did ask tina abt excursion and she said yes they will hv bt dun know when also....

thin they dun hv enough manpower

bbethan,

yes the swimming pool behind...

Think ur boy and C in the same class...bt normally after the nap time they will separate E and C...C will be in the "older" class....whereas E will be with the younger kids....with Mark etc....

ladies
yes, excursions for all levels. sometimes its different places for different levels. usually they group PN & N1/N2 together & K1/K2 another group. go on different days, otherwise will be too big a group. personally i like excursions as i feel its good exposure & learning ground for the kids. parents are encouraged to join of coz. i hv been joining chloe on all her field trips last year but this year she doesnt want me to tag along liao. next monday she's going for a play.

bbethan
the school fees doesnt include excursions, we hv to pay for it.

nuahcouple
i'm also thinking of enrolling my boy in Berries.
But do they allow parents to go into the class?
I'm looking at weekend classes.

LNT have open house at parkway?
issit Sat or Sun?

ykk,

u can be in the class with the kids for 1 or 2 lessons bt after that I think no or parents shld not be in the class...it will distract other kids...

berries class is good...my gal can recognise words now
happy.gif
hb dun wanna let my gal attend bt I dun care....as I can see improvement...
happy.gif

ykkk
i also went for the open hse on sat. nothing much atually. the in charge just go thru the program which is exactly what they tell u over the phone. only diff is they show a bit of their materials used.

nuahcouple
aiyo.... think my boy will cry big time if i dun go in with him.
i tried to put him in N1 class, he cried big time, so enrolled him in weekend classes first to familiarise him with the environment.
so if Berries also dun allow parents to tag along, then abit diff for him too.
how old's your kid?
mine 3yr old already....

jamie
oh last weekend? aiya i missed it.
sad.gif

any feedback compared to mmi?
is your girl still with mmi?

ykkk
actually the LNT is meant for my younger boy who is 2yrs old. but dont think its suitable for him as i feel its too classroom type liao. not interesting & fun for my boy who is very active.
its different fr MMI mother toddler class as there's no music & movement for LNT.
i hv withdraw my gal fr MMI since last year. she's now at shaws.

jamie
i heard good reviews abt shaw too, but the registration fee is sky high rite?
any reason why you withdraw your girl from mmi?
push or pull factor?
how long was your girl with mmi previously?

ykkk
my gal kept falling sick very often when she was in MMI. put her there for 3mths but was on MC for 1 mth & the remaining period was also sick on & off so no choice withdraw her.
my gal is now very happy at shaws, me too
biggrin.gif
. yes their reg fees is rocket high probably due to other materials like a "WOW" bag which contain all our child's work, that will be send home for our viewing once a mth & our child's porfolio which will be given to us when our child graduates.
we can access their website for weekly class updates & photo gallery, taken during lessons & activities. really hv no regrets putting her there.
is your boy adapting well in MMI?

so far he's ok in mother-tod class.
but on and off, depending on his mood.
sometimes super clingy.
can you imagine, i'm just beside him throughout the class and he has to hold my hand when he wants to go and take a toy. *faints*
i hope to start him on N1 class, but the clingy part is difficult to overcome.
did your girl cry when you left her there?
how did you make her overcome the insecurity?

ykkk
i tot he's in the N1 class. anyway its good to start him in the mother tod class before putting him in N1. its normal for kids to be clingy esp if he just started. give him more time to adapt the environment & teachers.
when my gal 1st started N1 there, 1st week was ok,no crying but nightmare start on the 2nd week!! everyday she will cry when i leave & MMI doesnt encourage parents to stay either. she kept telling me she dont want to go to school, i reassured her that i will be back later to fetch her but it didnt help much. its really depressing
sad.gif

so when i put her at shaws, i was stressed too on her 1st day but surprisingly transition was very good. they encouraged parents to stay for 1 week but i only stayed for an hr then left quietly as i can see my gal is doing fine on her own. even the teachers are surprised that my gal could adapt so fast.
so i think it may be good to start your boy now since he's already attending the mother tod class.

hi ykkk,
your boy in mother-tod class on every sat? if i should go to school, will keep a look out for you. What's your boy name?

ykk,

my gal si 3 yrs too....she dun cry at all bt since she knows 2nd one coming..everytime she goes to class or shcool sure cry or whin here and there loh as wants my attention..bt once I leave the sch or classroom..she is back to normal...wahahahaha

small bell
PMed you.
happy.gif

nuahcouple
yah they just want attention.
like when i was celebrating my #2's 1yr old bday, my #1 kept screaming and super grumpy when all the attention on #2 to sing bday song and cut cake.
after that he's ok already.

hi ladies,
i'm back from disneyland, e kids have so much fun meeting e characters...especially Zhaohui. he hugs n kiss e character... :p
jamie,
u should go again soooon cos e smallsmall world is really nice...

elaine
its great the kids really enjoy themselves, thats the main purpose
happy.gif

did u q long to take pic with the characters?
will keep this in mind for our holiday destination
biggrin.gif

elaine
just saw your pics at universal studio. dont seem that crowded but nothing fantastic hor? the entrance fees for the whole family must hv cost a bomb or can go to genting liao
biggrin.gif

hows the kids taking the weather there? the last time i brought my kids to hollywood dino, we all almost "melted"
biggrin.gif

saw your disneyland pics too! i'm sure the kids really enjoyed themselves! thats the happiest place on earth wor
happy.gif

hi smallbell,

ya got watch e fireworks.... i went to universal studio yesterday cos i got 2 complimentary tickets to go for e pre-launch.... is really boring there lor.. boring for e kids lor.... is more for adults even e show...is very violent... only e 4D shrek show is nice.

jamie,
e queue is not long cos is still not sch holidays i guess moreover i was there on thur n fri...sat we didnt go to disneyland liao..weather was very cooling.... 16-20+ degree pnly at nite is a bit cold...

elaine
wow the weather is good! the last time i went, the q was really super long!! going during off peak & on weekdays is so much better.

Back