IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

sometimes he can be understanding, but sometimes when he stressed at work we both tend to put off the whole thing also.
so troublesome hor. :(

Haiz, it is like that. Guess that's why ppl say you need a lot of effort to maintain a relationship. Fully agree. Got good days and bad days lor.

Today went to see TCM liao. Really cannot take it: fever, cough, cold, headache, bad cramps, today even got diarrhea! Hopefully nothing is affected....

Anyone tried acupuncture ar Raffles Hospital alongside with IVF?

Also, how long in advance do people consume tcm medicine before embarking IVF?

Nv tried Raffles hospital. As for TCM, it depends, ppl can do from one mth to one yr... Really up to u, but the longer the better.

Bbpony, I try raffles acu before with dr zhao. Quite a nice lady too. I cannot comment much thou as I did my acu with her during my fresh cycle and only started few days before transfer and after transfer so in all around 8x. My fresh failed but don't think is cause her acu session no effects. Guess a lot plays a part. Started quite late and fresh too many hormones jab for me. Her acu points is whole body from head to toe, one thing I like about there is fix aptm reach don't need wait. But it's a bit costly per session with package also cost around $80-$100

Hi all , im new in here .yesterday went for my bt. And is BFP .but the hcg is only 114. Schedule for another bt tmr .
I've been having on off spotting since 11dpt2d.Anybody encounter this low hcg level ?
Now another worry ..

Hi all , im new in here .yesterday went for my bt. And is BFP .but the hcg is only 114. Schedule for another bt tmr .
I've been having on off spotting since 11dpt2d.Anybody encounter this low hcg level ?
Now another worry ..

congrats to you babe. so long your hcg doubles you are on the safer side. kkh hcg mark is 250, so long you no hit over they will ask you back for retest.

Juz did my 2nd HCG test...A/W results..will only know the result after lunch..keeping fingers crossed...still puzzled on how is it possible to have a positive beta one week after heavy menses....

Juz did my 2nd HCG test...A/W results..will only know the result after lunch..keeping fingers crossed...still puzzled on how is it possible to have a positive beta one week after heavy menses....
Good luck! Hope kkh gives you good news. Don't think so much how it happened. If the beanie is yours, he will cling on all the way!

Now another worry ..

Congratulations! Rest well and put pillow under ur leg and raise it.

Yes I tried it at raffles hospital. Acu will be before n after ET. Dr zhao is motherly n she knows about ivf procedure.

As for Tcm med to see the effect at least 6 mths.

Now another worry ..

Congrats! Hope your next reading is even better!

Jus got my 2nd bt result . It has drop abit from 114 on tue to 105 today ..anybody know isit a sign of early misscarriage ?really dunno whats happening inside . schedule for another bt this sat ..:(

Jus got my 2nd bt result . It has drop abit from 114 on tue to 105 today ..anybody know isit a sign of early misscarriage ?really dunno whats happening inside . schedule for another bt this sat ..:(
Hope ur third one will be ok... It is really stressful, do take care, try to rest...

BHCG should double every 2 days. So if your first BHCG was 114, it should be more than 200 on the 2nd BT.
It could be a sign of miscarriage, do seek your doctor's advice on this. Mine plateaued and it wasnt a good sign. But I was prepared for the worse.
Hi baby_sparkles ,
Kkivf made appt with doc tan for me on 26th march ..im prepared for the worst ...i have 2 m/c history before in 2011 and 2012 .2012 is molar pregnancy .. both conceive naturally.This is my 1st ivf cycle :(

Thanks babysparkles and hopingforamiracle.

Hopingforamiracle, sorry to hear about ur previous loss. Hope can have gd news this time. If not, perhaps should ask Dr Tan to analyse your case or see if can get referral to another doctor who can better help you.

Hopingforamiracle, something similar happened to me during last cycle. My first bt was 36 then second bt was 33. Kkh didn't give me any explanation. Cos I was bleeding, I couldn't take it and went to Mt E A&E for help.

While they couldn't help me, they provided me with some possibilities which helped me deal with what was coming.

I was told that was implantation but likely the egg quality isn't good thus not implanting well and egg poss not growing. If egg grows well, hcg will keep doubling. But they were realistic to tell me it doesn't happen often. Most likely it was a poor egg quality embryo and hcg will poss fall, or even not increase or increase slightly. All these are not good signs and considered chemical pregnancy.

I even asked. Can it be that embryo will rest today and continue to grow tmr. They said no, it must grow everyday.

Your hcg is higher than mine so hopefully got more hope. But do be prepared in case it is chemical pregnancy.

Hope so... But I got no symptoms except for a bunch of af cramps... Plus was so sick during the tww. Really dreading the BT tmr :(
Hi mei! Good luck for your blood test tmr! I also have AF cramps during 2ww. Also had sore throat and running nose. but it didn't affect! In fact, I am still experiencing cramps. Don't worry too much.

Rest well, go to kkh early and let them suckle a little blood. Then wait for the call. Jia you!!!

Hi mei! Good luck for your blood test tmr! I also have AF cramps during 2ww. Also had sore throat and running nose. but it didn't affect! In fact, I am still experiencing cramps. Don't worry too much.

Rest well, go to kkh early and let them suckle a little blood. Then wait for the call. Jia you!!!
Thanks circle! Hope to bfp!

Thanks babysparkles and hopingforamiracle.

Hopingforamiracle, sorry to hear about ur previous loss. Hope can have gd news this time. If not, perhaps should ask Dr Tan to analyse your case or see if can get referral to another doctor who can better help you.
@hi_mei,
Thanks for the advice ..will see what doc tan say on 26th..been having spotting for 6 days and finally it stopped .tot i will have better reading today ..unfortunetly is not .i even went to consult tcm last sat and prescribed me with an tai yao ..the tcm lady mentioned that my womb is weak.if this cycle failed ,will try acupuncture

@hopingforamiracle , I'm also facing similar readings, but even lower than yours. My bt results were 51 and 43 on 11 and 13 Mar. Till now, no AF, no spotting. Yesterday Dr Tan asked me to do another BT and will do 1 more on 26 Mar. He mentioned that it is too low readings, even if go up now, will be too risky pregnancy. So if no AF by next week, he will recommend to inject some drugs to induce miscarry.

Hopingformiracle if it doesn't doubles doesn't seems to be a viable pregnancy. I had similar experience before. Ended in chemical pregnancy.

Hi Mei, good luck for your bt tmr. I am one with no symptoms and whatsoever. Just had my 1st scan today after bt and it's twins. Saw the flickering heartbeat. But I still don't have any symptoms till date.

Hopingformiracle if it doesn't doubles doesn't seems to be a viable pregnancy. I had similar experience before. Ended in chemical pregnancy.

Hi Mei, good luck for your bt tmr. I am one with no symptoms and whatsoever. Just had my 1st scan today after bt and it's twins. Saw the flickering heartbeat. But I still don't have any symptoms till date.

Congrats! Wish u a safe and healthy pregnancy!

@baby_sparkles: thank u fpr sharing with me ur experience .i took clomid b4 but also doesnt work for me .i have PCOS and think egg quality not very good or mayb did not ovulate and DH have low sperm count .im well prepared for the worst this time since i cant do anything now..

@circlecircle: i did asked the nurse who called me today,whats the reason of decreasing of hcg level..but did not get an answer from them .so now i can only wait till i consult doc tan next wed .

@MichNg:lets jia you together..if this time we cant make it..lets pray for another rainbow baby..Did doc prescribe u any med? I was on dupshaton pill for 1week ..take care !

@iwantahealthybaby: ya this i what i think also ..doesnt seems to be a healthy pregnancy to me ..but im just trying to be positive .

I got pcos too! Although haven seen heartbeat at first scan, but crossed the first hurdle and got a bfp during bt. Don't give up!!!!

@baby_sparkles: thank u fpr sharing with me ur experience .i took clomid b4 but also doesnt work for me .i have PCOS and think egg quality not very good or mayb did not ovulate and DH have low sperm count .im well prepared for the worst this time since i cant do anything now..

@circlecircle: i did asked the nurse who called me today,whats the reason of decreasing of hcg level..but did not get an answer from them .so now i can only wait till i consult doc tan next wed .

@MichNg:lets jia you together..if this time we cant make it..lets pray for another rainbow baby..Did doc prescribe u any med? I was on dupshaton pill for 1week ..take care !

@iwantahealthybaby: ya this i what i think also ..doesnt seems to be a healthy pregnancy to me ..but im just trying to be positive .

No meds for me since 2nd BT. I have PCOS too.

Yup I heard PCOS is seen in at least 20% of ladies. It is really quite common among us.

I feel tempted to get a test kit and test now, just to get it over with... But think I will just hold on til BT tmr...

Just went for a scan ytd. They saw a 17mm follicle but not sure if it is a cyst though.. Rest are too small to be mentioned.. :(

Doc mentioned I have low ovarian reserves so 1-2 follicles are pretty much it.. Hoping for the best! *fingers cross*

Going back on sat again..

Thanks bbpony and babysparkles. Actually I am not optimistic... Prepared to try again in end May/June... Sigh...

Back