IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Cherry walnuts,
My gf had twins is c - section, very rare will b natural birth, but nevertheless pray hard it's natural birth so dh can go in n c :)

Hmm.. not fully subsidized bah.. no cash up front at the clinic but after subsidy, the remaining will be deducted from my pay. There's a cap on the amount. After which, no subsidy and will deduct full from my pay.

I'm sg citizen. Yep 500 is the medical benefits and it's yearly. So after 500 is exhausted then it will be deducted from my salary.

Cheerywalnuts, have u signed up for any prenatal classes? When do u intend to start if u r signing up?
I haven't decided when to start. Initially is either July or August, but im having a couple of girls brigade activities on some satd in these 2 mths. If push to Sept, do u think its too late?

Hi niece,
Grade 4 is the best grade? What is the % of my embroyo chances of sticking with me be? Thanks niece, me too told my embryo b good, will love u, buy u toy n stay big house, dh saw me doing, also came n rub rub my tummy asked my embryo b good, will buy Lego for them lol......

Cherry walnuts,
Your eggs retrieved was of grade 4 too? Thus the success of twins?
Doraemon21 u must relax.. be it watever grade it is, it's still a chance to be mummy. Remember to eat well n rest in bed. Dun walk too much. When is ur blood test? Sure bfp ok.

I also haven sign up yet. Haven chk out the kkh education center yet. Mb after next thurs review go n find out :D
Usually start after detail scan think 8 lessons in total. So if sept start by end oct complete u will be wk 34 by then.
Issit ok to ask ur colleague to cover u if u gotta go for the classes? I think they will understand.
Sat got classes? if wkdays evening u able to go?

Last edited:
I also haven sign up yet. Haven chk out the kkh education center yet. Mb after next thurs review go n find out :D
Usually start after detail scan think 8 lessons in total. So if sept start by end oct complete u will be wk 34 by then.
Sat got classes? if wkdays evening u able to go?
Yep my next scan with dr lau is on 9th July. Will also check with them on the august classes schedule. I called them once and they said only July schedule is out but I think it's too early to attend.
There's classes on satd. My hubby and I decided to attend the satd ones.

Hi cheerywalnuts I still have less than 8 weeks to go. Gg to miss the bb movement in my tummy. What abt u?
Oh niece! Less than 8 weeks. I feel so excited and happy for u! Can see and hug your bb soon. Cheerywalnuts and I alrd past week 15 and into week 16 now. Sometimes I do feel some movement but unsure if it's bb or due to gas or food digestion. Haha..

Yep my next scan with dr lau is on 9th July. Will also check with them on the august classes schedule. I called them once and they said only July schedule is out but I think it's too early to attend.
There's classes on satd. My hubby and I decided to attend the satd ones.
Yap July still early :)
dh not very keen to attend cos he thinks not very helpful. Cos my bro forgets most of the stuff he learnt n told him hands on live practice is the best. So i told him if dun attend also can but he must go n train by my little nephew first. Feeding bathing cleaning poo changing diapers etc.. he passed the stage of cuddling him to sleep n playing with him hahaha

Wow u feel ur bb liao arh.. I haven feel my 2 darlings yet. Looking forward! :D
Did u take weekly photos? Good to keep track n monitor the growth of bump. I seen the difference between wk 12 to now ;)

Yap July still early :)
dh not very keen to attend cos he thinks not very helpful. Cos my bro forgets most of the stuff he learnt n told him hands on live practice is the best. So i told him if dun attend also can but he must go n train by my little nephew first. Feeding bathing cleaning poo changing diapers etc.. he passed the stage of cuddling him to sleep n playing with him hahaha
Actually I know how to take care of bb, changing diapers and bathing not a problem for me. Ive been helping to take care of my niece since she's born. It's just the breastfeeding part and my hubby really has zero knowledge! I want him to have some knowledge first. Haha.. he tot bb can just use showers to spray on them and he didn't know confinement diet is v impt. Omg.. really wanna faint.. lol

Nope I didn't take weekly photos. But mine is like suddenly becomes more obvious. And it's like moving upwards. Sometimes I'll stay at my mum's place for a night or two. Then go bk to my own pl, hubby will comment tt it's getting bigger. He's funny.. always so so my tummy and tell bb to quickly super size. .

Yap me too but dh haven tried tt yet. Same here dunno abt the breastfeeding part too. That's y I keen to atend altho can chk w sil n gf how they do it.
Oh confinement my dh have been diligently reading the cookbooks cos he is the one cooking n eats w me Haha

Doraemon21 u must relax.. be it watever grade it is, it's still a chance to be mummy. Remember to eat well n rest in bed. Dun walk too much. When is ur blood test? Sure bfp ok.

Niece,
What's bfp? ya I am under doc lau, he did not mentioned anything about my BT lei that day......

Cheerywalnuts n sumiko83 u will feel bb movement soon. The first time I felt the mo vent was when I was week 18.

How's meiling?

Cherry walnuts,
Wow a lot lei 50%, my dh is working under government job thus my 1st visit in Clinic D n subsequent visit all fully subsidy by government n I only paid $20 for my paps smear, the rest of the visits are all foc......
hello doraemon, is it true no need to pay at clinic D? my dh also working under govt job, I am going to kkh in 3 weeks time for my 1st visit to kkh with polyclinic referral letter :) How to go about getting subsidy by govt with visits foc? cost is a factor for me to consider now
all the best to your tww! :)
hi sisters, can I check dr lau is available all mon to fri or he got particular working schedule?

Cheerywalnuts n sumiko83 u will feel bb movement soon. The first time I felt the mo vent was when I was week 18.

How's meiling?

Hello niece! Nice to hear that you are due soon~

Me currently at week 18 day 3. Next appt will be my detailed scan on 10th july... So far also cant feel bb except got pulling effect on and off.

Btw, happy birthday to @sumiko83!

Hi meiling, woah 2 more weeks and u are halfway there alrd! My next appt with Dr lau is 9th July for my week 16,17 checkup.
Thanks meiling and cheerywalnuts for the birthday wishes. :D

Hi
hello doraemon, is it true no need to pay at clinic D? my dh also working under govt job, I am going to kkh in 3 weeks time for my 1st visit to kkh with polyclinic referral letter :) How to go about getting subsidy by govt with visits foc? cost is a factor for me to consider now
hi sisters, can I check dr lau is available all mon to fri or he got particular working schedule?

Hi Connie,
Must produce the csc card upon registration. Dh applied for me once we got married.....For Clinic D so far I only paid $20 for my paps smear, the rest of the amount subsidy from government will b deducted from dh medical $500 n subsequent visit if exhausted the $500 than will deduct from dh salary

Me now at kkh 24hrs o&g. Just now after went to toilet, i can feel something want to come out. Went toilet again to see if got discharge but not yet still got the feel. So i touched and feel something round going to come out like that.

Now i think it seems to went back cos i cant feel the round thing but when i wipe got pink stain. Hope nothing serious =(

Hi connie_hopeful, I guess u are not able to choose the doctor u want to see with polyclinic referral letter. Unless u r willingly to forgo the gov subsidy and pay as pte patient, then u can choose dr lau to see u. Not too sure about his schedule. But I think usually he'll be at subsidized clinic or clinic D in the morn and at the private suite in the aftn. I don't think it's everyday though..

Me now at kkh 24hrs o&g. Just now after went to toilet, i can feel something want to come out. Went toilet again to see if got discharge but not yet still got the feel. So i touched and feel something round going to come out like that.

Now i think it seems to went back cos i cant feel the round thing but when i wipe got pink stain. Hope nothing serious =(
Keep us update meiling. Hope all will be well. Don't get too worried. U may want to tell the doc about your implantation quite near to the cervix.

Me waiting to be push to ward.

Im miscarriage with unknown reason.

Bb got no heartbeat and my waterbag burst.

I wish every mtb here have a smooth journey till delivery.

I hope i can go thru this painful process and back to this forum one day again.

Take care meiling. Sorry I'm not able to think of any words to console u now. I'm shocked and upset. Pls take care. Keeping u in my prayer. Pls be strong.

Take care Mellingg, brace up, I know it's kind of hard and no words can describe the pain u r going through now, nevertheless, I hope u have a speedy recovery and don't tink too much, may God Bless and hope u will get well soon, hugzzzz

Thanks ladies, guess i got no fate with this bb.

Now im on complete bed rest. Waiting for hubby to finish his company event then come over and pei me...

Meiling, u must be strong and I'm sure your hubby will go through this difficult period with u. Do a mini confinement after this. Must take good care of yourself. Hugz. .

My tears just cant stop flowing. Tml will scan to see if bb got heartbeat.

Guess i need to take tablet to induce and deliver the bb out.

Meilingg, be strong n have faith. Hugz. We will be here for u to give u support.
Pls do a full mth confinement & have a speedy recovery.
If possible, pls ask dr lau to help u diagnose the cause. Is it due to the cervix issue or other factors.

Back