Ivf @ NUH

*bump. Is anyone doing IVF @ NUH in Feb? I’m under PC Wong fr my 2nd IVF cycle!
CHR telephone line nobody picks up:( was thinking if next time spotting or what emergency need to call them how. Sigh
When you start injection, they will provide you with a hp number you can call when there is emergency. The hp is hold by the chr nurse. Alternatively, you can also email them =)

i tink they end at 5pm.. u hv to call back tmrw. is this the no u called? 67795555
thanks fr replying! :) Ah.. i called 6774 5336 which was what all of them gave to me haha.. they quite slow in replying.. email also not much sound haha.. oh well.

When you start injection, they will provide you with a hp number you can call when there is emergency. The hp is hold by the chr nurse. Alternatively, you can also email them =)
right! ok phew.. that's less scary haha.. are all of you still at NUH?
They say need to do swab test!! expensive i think... not covered for hubby or something. UGH.

right! ok phew.. that's less scary haha.. are all of you still at NUH?
They say need to do swab test!! expensive i think... not covered for hubby or something. UGH.
Yup! I am still at nuh...waiting to do frozen transfer...i opted out from swab test last sep...maybe you can check if can opt out or not

Yup! I am still at nuh...waiting to do frozen transfer...i opted out from swab test last sep...maybe you can check if can opt out or not
I see! When will be your transfer? Feb?:) maybe can be cycle buddies.. I’ve checked w CHR abt the Reno but they said not confirm.. I’m tempted to push my IVF back Bt scared they going thru Reno

Hi.. I am schedule for IVF counselling in 2 weeks time.. anyone here doing and I be happy if i can hear some experience from everyone here.
Good luck to you..nothing special they just want to make sure the person have possitive mindset. U have my 2nd ivf baby now.hahah

I see! When will be your transfer? Feb?:) maybe can be cycle buddies.. I’ve checked w CHR abt the Reno but they said not confirm.. I’m tempted to push my IVF back Bt scared they going thru Reno
Sorry for the late reply! Is late feb or early march...waiting for january menses to come first then need to go down and take injection Yeah...i last check with prof in oct/nov prof also told me is not confirm yet...

thanks fr replying! :) Ah.. i called 6774 5336 which was what all of them gave to me haha.. they quite slow in replying.. email also not much sound haha.. oh well.
hope u manage to get them.. btw i'm also probably starting my 3rd fresh cycle in Feb/Mar at NUH. n ya the swab test.. i tink hubby not covered. its ard $120 or something if i recall correctly. ours i think can medisave But the nurse mentioned NEED to do b4 retrieval. didnt say if its optional.

Sorry for the late reply! Is late feb or early march...waiting for january menses to come first then need to go down and take injection Yeah...i last check with prof in oct/nov prof also told me is not confirm yet...
hope u manage to get them.. btw i'm also probably starting my 3rd fresh cycle in Feb/Mar at NUH. n ya the swab test.. i tink hubby not covered. its ard $120 or something if i recall correctly. ours i think can medisave But the nurse mentioned NEED to do b4 retrieval. didnt say if its optional.
Cool, I think we will be close cycle buddies! Bt I shd be starting injections early- mid Feb! Ya lor.. I must Rmb to ask abt the swab test again.. jst now I managed to call thru CHR like finally. Then they say they’ll get a nurse to call me...

Cool, I think we will be close cycle buddies! Bt I shd be starting injections early- mid Feb! Ya lor.. I must Rmb to ask abt the swab test again.. jst now I managed to call thru CHR like finally. Then they say they’ll get a nurse to call me...
Hope everything goes smoothly =)

Swab before ER is compulsory...wife is included but hubby need to pay...swab before ET is optional

i have done my retrieval in Dec...transfer will be in Feb...Prof Wong is straigthforward and a man of few words...to the point...i like it
Wondering if he is ok with doing Fresh transfer? Did you choose to do FET on your own or it was under his encouragement?

Wondering if he is ok with doing Fresh transfer? Did you choose to do FET on your own or it was under his encouragement?

Hi, u can let Prof wong know what you wish for. Like me, before I start the ivf with him, I let him know that I wish to do FET instead of fresh transfer this round. N he's OK with it, I found him always respect patient decision as long as reasonable.

Hi I'm new here..
So basically i'm going to do ivf after doc found out that i have fallopian tube blockage and was told to remove the tube then i can proceed with my ivf procedure.. so i got my fallopian tube remove on 15.01.2021 and 25.01.2021 my next appointment at the clinic G.. does any of u ladies have similar cases like me.. please share with me.. and how long does the ivf procedure took? Ive been ttc for 5years..

Last edited:
Hi, u can let Prof wong know what you wish for. Like me, before I start the ivf with him, I let him know that I wish to do FET instead of fresh transfer this round. N he's OK with it, I found him always respect patient decision as long as reasonable.
he is ok with both FET n fresh....i opt for medicated FET n also due to high number of follicles, he suggested FET to reduce the risk of OHSS
Thank you ladies! Going to start nor-e soon to prep for the coming ER next month.. fingers crossed! I do hope to have fresh transfer if not I’m afraid of wave 2 covid lockdown and more waiting... although I do think FET might be better..

Reactions: Cmf
Hi all, I have utilised all 3 subsidised fresh at KKH. I am thinking of trying out Prof Wong. Just checking in if anyone is able to advise my out of pocket cost for a fresh cycle? Thanks in advance

*bump. Is anyone doing IVF @ NUH in Feb? I’m under PC Wong fr my 2nd IVF cycle!
CHR telephone line nobody picks up:( was thinking if next time spotting or what emergency need to call them how. Sigh
Hi,

NUH CHR has a HP number that you can call after office hours. You can find it on your pink appointment card.

Hi Lishi
So Sorry to hear on your biochemical pregnancy... How are you doing now? Are you planning for another cycle?

As for my 3rd cycle failure, I have not meet up with the doctor. My appt will be on this 22 Jan...

My 1st fresh cycle failure, doctor said it could be because of OHSS and the eggs quality. As during that cycle they retrieved abt 20 eggs but only 1 survived to day 5 blastocyst for the transfer and no frozen. But during the 2WW apart from the crinone gel and progrnova tab, i need to get the progesterone injection on the butt for 14days tat was no joke it’s painful and even after i got to know tat the cycle failed it took abt 3-4 mth for my butt to recover from the 14days of injections. I concluded tat my body is reacting to well with the med. so i rest for abt 8mth and try again.

My 2nd fresh cycle, 12 eggs was retrieved and 4 survived to day6 expanded blasts. No transfer was done to prevent OHSS. 4 embryo frozen.

My 1st frozen cycle failure, i did the wall scrapping thingy(painful) on day14 than wait for menses to come do blood test n scan for day1. Lining was 9mm and 2 embryo was transferred. Doctor can’t really explain on why the cycle fail, since the lining is normal and 2 expanded blasts was transferred. They say maybe the eggs quality was not good or maybe the lining needs to be thicker. I conclude maybe my womb is cold so i rest for 2 mth and did another frozen cycle.

My 2nd frozen cycle failure, i did not do the wall scrapping thingy instead do a 1 time injection on the butt. I did acupuncture and Drink TCM med. Lining was 11 mm and 2 embryo was transferred.

So now I’m back to square one....Haiz....
This journey is such a roller coaster...now a part of me want to try again after resting for 6 mth but another part of me is in doubt...
Hi Nusha,

This is my second cycle and they retrieved 20 eggs. Scheduled for day 5 transfer. But I am worried if my embryos will be able to survive till day 5.

How many embryo do you have for your first cycle and how is the grading for embryo?
Today is day 3. They will call me again on Day 4 to updatw me on the embryo status as day 3 is a Sunday.

Do you intend to try again?

20 eggs is a lot. Curious why you are worried they will not be able to survive until day5?
From what I understand, if there is risk that the embryo do not survive until day 5, then they will be frozen on day 3.
usually they will let you know on day 2.

20 eggs is a lot. Curious why you are worried they will not be able to survive until day5?
From what I understand, if there is risk that the embryo do not survive until day 5, then they will be frozen on day 3.
usually they will let you know on day 2.
Hi,
Thanks for your information.
This is my first embryo transfer and I have been reading online for information. I guess reading too much information also make me worry more. I am going to stop reading and wait for their update tomorrow.

Based on what I read online, seems like there is certain attrition rate.. so some of the eggs retrieved will not make it..
but 20 sounds like a good starting point :)
All the Best!!

Based on what I read online, seems like there is certain attrition rate.. so some of the eggs retrieved will not make it..
but 20 sounds like a good starting point :)
All the Best!!

Thanks.
I have 18 embryos as of day 2.
I hope that those embryos that are of very good and good quality can all make it to day 5.

Hi ladies, I am scheduled to do my first ivf in NUH on end Feb... did 3 iui prev.. all failed... sigh... anything I should look out for? Any advice??

Hi ladies, I am scheduled to do my first ivf in NUH on end Feb... did 3 iui prev.. all failed... sigh... anything I should look out for? Any advice??
Hi,

its better to take prenatal supplements and also check with Dr if they want you to take any other supplements. On top of that, do not exercise or jump during your injection period and try to relax.

During my first cycle of IVF, I exercised and Dr told me not to do so. Until now I also don’t know if that is one of the cause for retrieving no eggs that cycle.

Hi, besides taking pre natal supplements, do have a good diet. Eat clean. Avoid processed food and junk meals. Have plenty of rest and go for massages to relax your body and mind.

Morning ladies. I am scheduled to do my first ivf in NUH soon. Is your workplace supportive? Yet to inform my superiors. Not sure how to inform them. Any tips & advice would be appreciated.

Morning ladies. I am scheduled to do my first ivf in NUH soon. Is your workplace supportive? Yet to inform my superiors. Not sure how to inform them. Any tips & advice would be appreciated.
hello! :) im starting my cycle too at NUH, injections shd start around 14 feb according to CHR schedule..
Didnt plan to inform workplace, just gonna take leave / MC / work from home (am on alternate weeks) to avoid being too suspicious..

I've been with my company for nearly 15yrs, my team and boss are like family to me so I informed them earlier and they were very understanding. Even helped me out when I'm on leave during my ER/ET.

Best is to talk to your superior and give him/her the heads up so you won't feel stressed out during your absence. Also pls take note, nearing to your ER, you will need to see your doc every few days in the morning for scans.

hello! :) im starting my cycle too at NUH, injections shd start around 14 feb according to CHR schedule..
Didnt plan to inform workplace, just gonna take leave / MC / work from home (am on alternate weeks) to avoid being too suspicious..

Wah. Best wishes on ur upcoming cycle
abit tough for me. my work scope does not allow me wfh actually prefer to keep private but to take leave & mc so frequent seem unable to keep ivf secret. only 3staffs

I've been with my company for nearly 15yrs, my team and boss are like family to me so I informed them earlier and they were very understanding. Even helped me out when I'm on leave during my ER/ET.

Best is to talk to your superior and give him/her the heads up so you won't feel stressed out during your absence. Also pls take note, nearing to your ER, you will need to see your doc every few days in the morning for scans.

That is nice. 15yrs. So good of them. You r reali lucky. How i wish too. With supportive colleagues, does helps u mentally physically during this ivf period. I am only 3yr w my company. Unable to find the kind of support fr male boss & female manager. ER means egg retrieval? Every few days? Like how many days? Full day?

That is nice. 15yrs. So good of them. You r reali lucky. How i wish too. With supportive colleagues, does helps u mentally physically during this ivf period. I am only 3yr w my company. Unable to find the kind of support fr male boss & female manager. ER means egg retrieval? Every few days? Like how many days? Full day?

Yes, ER means Egg retrieval. Mine was every 2 days, had to come in early morning for about an hour or so. They need to monitor your follicles to see if it's ready for your ER.

Letting go of one Orgalutran at $85 (I'll absorb the GST). [exp 2/2022]
Pick up at postal code 689051 or CCK MRT/Keat Hong LRT.
P.M. me please.
Thank you.

Attachments

• orgalutran.jpg
    orgalutran.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 74
Hi ladies! Wondering when does all the “subsidies” start? My husband and myself took those “pre-screening blood test” that previously expired.. eg HIV.. realized none of them are subsidised...

do the subsidies only cover dr visits and scans and injections?

Hi ladies! Wondering when does all the “subsidies” start? My husband and myself took those “pre-screening blood test” that previously expired.. eg HIV.. realized none of them are subsidised...

Subsidies kick in when u start ivf

If I am not wrong, you can only start using it when you start the injections. It includes Dr visits, scans etc. Pre-screening test are not included.

Anyone knows what level of HCG means pregnancy?

Mine was under NUH, the doc told me as long as is above 6, they will consider pregnant but if lower than 50 likely to be a chemical Pregancy. For my case, my 1st ivf pregnancy with NUH my hcg level was around 30 plus over, the doc will gave the medicines to the max n support jab to help to support the pregnancy but sad to said still end up in chemical pregnancy. Then this round ivf pregnancy hcg level was also around 80 plus, support jab n medicines to the max and it double up every 36 hours and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant. So it really depend on the doc too.

Last edited:
Mine was under NUH, the doc told me as long as is above 6, they will consider pregnant but if lower than 50 likely to be a chemical Pregancy. For my case, my 1st ivf pregnancy with NUH my hcg level was around 30 plus over, the doc will gave the medicines to the max n support jab to help to support the pregnancy but sad to said still end up in chemical pregnancy. Then this round ivf pregnancy hcg level was also around 80 plus, support jab n medicines to the max and it double up every 36 hours and now I'm 15 weeks pregnant. So it really depend on the doc too.
My embryo transfer was done 26 Jan with day 5 embryo. Total is the 9th day after transfer and blood test shows my HCG to be around 32. Doctor wants me to redo my blood test on Saturday.
I was informed that today was my blood test before the ET but it was changed to tomorrow and I wasn’t informed. I ended up at the clinic this morning to know that blood test was changed to tomorrow. Luckily the nurse said that blood test can be taken today
Kept trying to tell myself that the hcg levels are low because I took the blood test earlier.
Hopefully the blood test on Saturday shows a good positive.

My embryo transfer was done 26 Jan with day 5 embryo. Total is the 9th day after transfer and blood test shows my HCG to be around 32. Doctor wants me to redo my blood test on Saturday.
I was informed that today was my blood test before the ET but it was changed to tomorrow and I wasn’t informed. I ended up at the clinic this morning to know that blood test was changed to tomorrow. Luckily the nurse said that blood test can be taken today
Kept trying to tell myself that the hcg levels are low because I took the blood test earlier.
Hopefully the blood test on Saturday shows a good positive.

Hi
9th day bloodtest consider early, don't worry as long as your hcg bloodtest double up during the 2nd test should be alright. My 1st pregnancy hcg 30 plus and it doesn't double up that why end up chemical pregnancy. As for current one, I did my bloodtest on 11th or 12th day 3 embryo transfer, it consider low compare to other, but this time it double up n it shows that is growing, so you don't worry too much 1st, eat well n rest well, let the little one continue growing :) Does your doc give you any support jab, which doc u seeing now?

Hi
9th day bloodtest consider early, don't worry as long as your hcg bloodtest double up during the 2nd test should be alright. My 1st pregnancy hcg 30 plus and it doesn't double up that why end up chemical pregnancy. As for current one, I did my bloodtest on 11th or 12th day 3 embryo transfer, it consider low compare to other, but this time it double up n it shows that is growing, so you don't worry too much 1st, eat well n rest well, let the little one continue growing :) Does your doc give you any support jab, which doc u seeing now?
The doctors are always different. Most of the time, it is Dr Huang and sometimes its a female Dr.
I was told that I can go back after blood test and the nurse informed me the results over phone. I didn’t see any doctor today so didn’t receive any support jab. The nurse also never mention anything about support jab.
I do hope that he or she will continue growing.

The doctors are always different. Most of the time, it is Dr Huang and sometimes its a female Dr.
I was told that I can go back after blood test and the nurse informed me the results over phone. I didn’t see any doctor today so didn’t receive any support jab. The nurse also never mention anything about support jab.
I do hope that he or she will continue growing.

Oic, I'm with Prof Wong (PC Wong). I think he is the more kiasu type. Once the blood test is positive, he will see the patient on the day itself or the next day. N will try to give or adjust the medicine to help to support the pregnancy. Maybe different doc have different practice for their patients. Don't worry too much, remember the little one still growing :) mood will affect

Oic, I'm with Prof Wong (PC Wong). I think he is the more kiasu type. Once the blood test is positive, he will see the patient on the day itself or the next day. N will try to give or adjust the medicine to help to support the pregnancy. Maybe different doc have different practice for their patients. Don't worry too much, remember the little one still growing :) mood will affect
I just repeated my blood test and the hcg doubled as compared to 2 days ago. However it is still less than 100. The Dr today is Dr Chew and they want me to come back on Monday to repeat the test again and continue with crinone gel. If hcg doubled then it will be more than 100 and I will be considered pregnant. Currently the little one is not so stable.

I just repeated my blood test and the hcg doubled as compared to 2 days ago. However it is still less than 100. The Dr today is Dr Chew and they want me to come back on Monday to repeat the test again and continue with crinone gel. If hcg doubled then it will be more than 100 and I will be considered pregnant. Currently the little one is not so stable.

It seems like different doc had different method. For my case even my hcg low, my doc will give encouragement and not give up any hope till the last min. For Dr Stephen chew he's quite experience but quite straightforward person, my 1st ivf was under him, afterwhich my next cycle ivf I requested a change to PC Wong. So don't lost any hope till the last min of the result, but if really the results doesn't went well (touch wood), don't be discourage. Like my doc said to me, at least your little embryo get to implant just that sometime we need some luck. The next one will be better

Hi! Wondering for all of you which stim did prof use for you? How does he decide to give menopur or pergoveris? (Not sure if any of you managed to asked him/ the nurses)...

Back