Ivf @ NUH

Thanks for the sharing,helpful and encouraging
Thanks
Hi,

Thank you. We are here to encourage each other n share whatever we experience. I always told myself, don't give up, life still go on whenever what happened.

Last year november I decided to go for my 3rd round of ivf. Was quite disappointed n sad with the results I get. Was only left with one Day 3 8 cells embryo to freeze. My hubby n I were still planning whether to do the 4th round of ivf to get more embryos to freeze.

However, to our surprise, miracle happened! I was pregnant naturally the following month after my eggs retrieval. After so many rounds of ttc through iui n ivf, finally miracle do happened n it happened naturally.

But the sad news was, 4 months ago i was miscarriage at about 10 weeks plus old due to my bb no heartbeat detected.

Although the luck is not with me, but I'm not going to give up till we left with no choice. Till today I still hoping another miracle to happen. Jia you to all ladies out there too

Last edited:
Hi,
Have anyone performed the blood test - Glucose,random -venous at NUH? For this test, do we need to be fasting for 8-10 hrs or no fasting required?

TIA

Hi,
Has anyone with high anti-thyroglobulin antibody (not Anti TPO) successfully conceived with IVF? What is the roadmap adopted for such patients..any headsup will be much appreciated.

hi, anyone got experience seeing with these 2 doctors? What is your view on 2 of them on ivf. Am above 40 and contemplating to using govt co-funding via nuh, have 3 failed ivf previously at other places. Inputs on your these 2 doc will be appreciated. Thanks.

hi, anyone got experience seeing with these 2 doctors? What is your view on 2 of them on ivf. Am above 40 and contemplating to using govt co-funding via nuh, have 3 failed ivf previously at other places. Inputs on your these 2 doc will be appreciated. Thanks.

your amh above 40 is pmol/l? How was your previous IVF cycle? My amh is crazy high (208 pmol/l) am wondering is there any prob/complication when i wanna do ivf soon! Ive been told high chance of OHSS! In seeing doc end of this month..

your amh above 40 is pmol/l? How was your previous IVF cycle? My amh is crazy high (208 pmol/l) am wondering is there any prob/complication when i wanna do ivf soon! Ive been told high chance of OHSS! In seeing doc end of this month..
No i mean i am above 40. Not amh 40

Hihi, anyone taking supplements prior to IUI and IVF.
also, taking Dhea - any guidelines before taking Dhea?
DHEA is a prescribed supplement by doctors here in SG. You will have to check with your gynae if you really need DHEA prior to any assisted treament and a mammogram screening is required also if you're nearing 40yrs ( if you're going to take this supplement) to TTC.

I am taking blackmores conceive well gold..it contains folic acid, coq10 and alot more nutrients:)

Last edited:

My previous gynae recommended 3 x 25mg of DHEA. But found out that it caused elevated testosterone level after I switched hospital several months later, so I stopped upon the advice of my current gynae.

Hi All,
For improving my egg quality, I had been taking myo-inositol for past two months. Last week my doctor recommended Andriol testocaps 40mg.
Have any sisters taken myo-inositol and testocaps together before and during simulations?

Hi all,
I gotten my AMH test back and it is 14.0. All other tests are normal. Anyone had these readings and got pregnant during first round of IVF?

That is actually very high...mine is 2.7 i think, and my doctor still wants me to reduce it 2.5/2.
Habe u started taking any meds for it?

I think with meds, it can be lowered

Hi Anonymousjane
My TSH in range of 3-3.9, Dr reassured me no impact to fertility, I would like to seek 2nd opinion, would you mind to share with me your Dr’s details?

Hi gals, i did IUI at a private clinic at Mount E but would like to switch to NUH for IVF. May i know on which day of my cycle should i visit the clinic for my first appointment? Thank you!

Hi gals, i did IUI at a private clinic at Mount E but would like to switch to NUH for IVF. May i know on which day of my cycle should i visit the clinic for my first appointment? Thank you!

It doesnt matter which day as u and ur hubby will hv to go through series of test before they schedule u for consuelling, and also depend on the availability of slot for ivf. These will take few mths b4 ivf is commerce.

Hi all, I started ivf with nuh since 2017. 1 failed FET in 2018 due to chemical pregnancy and rested for another year. Good thing about covid, I am wfh since February and decided to do ET again in Oct.

And finally graduated from CHR! All the random doctors who see me were friendly and attentive. Esp nurse Mathili who has been supportive since day 1.
Only cons, the counter staff is a little unfriendly and look clueless everytime I ask something about my record.

Ladies, never give up! May He make it easy for you and I pray you will soon find your happiness

Hi all, I started ivf with nuh since 2017. 1 failed FET in 2018 due to chemical pregnancy and rested for another year. Good thing about covid, I am wfh since February and decided to do ET again in Oct.

And finally graduated from CHR! All the random doctors who see me were friendly and attentive. Esp nurse Mathili who has been supportive since day 1.
Only cons, the counter staff is a little unfriendly and look clueless everytime I ask something about my record.

Ladies, never give up! May He make it easy for you and I pray you will soon find your happiness

That's great news! Glad to hear that you have graduated from CHR. :)
I am just starting STIM this week. Hope to be able to graduate soon.

Congrats dear!!

That's great news! Glad to hear that you have graduated from CHR. :)
I am just starting STIM this week. Hope to be able to graduate soon.

It may be a tough period but it's worth it. Get a lot of support system from your spouse and family or friends. All the best!

does nuh use immotile sperms for icsi, anyone know? Can any sister if got spoken to nuh embrylogist help me ask e embrylogist this question " for ejaculated sperms, if the sperms is immotile, will the lab use the immotile sperms for icsi

Or must have motile sperms then they will use it to inject to the octyte?"

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
*bump. Is anyone doing IVF @ NUH in Feb? I’m under PC Wong fr my 2nd IVF cycle!
CHR telephone line nobody picks up:( was thinking if next time spotting or what emergency need to call them how. Sigh

*bump. Is anyone doing IVF @ NUH in Feb? I’m under PC Wong fr my 2nd IVF cycle!
CHR telephone line nobody picks up:( was thinking if next time spotting or what emergency need to call them how. Sigh
i tink they end at 5pm.. u hv to call back tmrw. is this the no u called? 67795555

Back