Ivf @ NUH

Hi Ladies

Would like to share some of my ivf experience. This will be a long post as I wanted to share my experiences long time ago.

Is being a super long journey for my hubby n I. We started off with iui few years back ago ended with chemical pregnancy.

We started our 1st IVF with NUH, back then my AHM was 22.9. We were so contented n feeling hopeful for our IVF. However, I only managed to retrieve 6 eggs and only 2 embryos made it to Day 3. We transferred 1 embryo but failed for my 1st cycle. Back then we were very disappointed with Dr Stephen Chew, as a patient when we know we have only a few eggs during the scan instead of encouragement all he gave was negative feedback. Lucky their nurses at CHR were very professional and nice, gave us all the encouragement and even the day before the egg retrieval they even make an effort to gave me a call and encourage me.

We decided to change to KKH for our 2nd cycle, hope for a miracle. Again only 8 eggs retrieved, 2 embryos only can make it to Day 3. I cry so hard before the transfer cos I hope for a blastocyst. I did pregnancy test kits before the blood test (used about 6 test kits) showed me a positive sign. But my happiness doesn't last long, heavy blood flow came before my blood test results out.... that goes my 2nd cycle.

We never gave up and decided to try for our one n only frozen embryo left at NUH. This time round we requested a change to see Prof Wong. We cancelled our 1st round of FET as my lining did not reach to 7mm. We came back few mths back for our FET, finally this round with Prof received good news that I'm pregnant but with low hcg level, again ended up with chemical pregnancy. But I'm glad that I met Prof, he's a man with few words but very patience n nice person.

I'm going back for my 3rd round IVF with Prof wong. But I'm not confident with my egg quantity n quality, any recommendations or foods to improve on that? I have been seeing tcm, and having folic acid and Blackmores conceive well but it doesn't seem working well.

You can try to read up on " it starts with the egg" and find out more what you can do with your diet and all to improve your egg quality

Reactions: Cmf
Hi.. I am schedule for IVF counselling in 2 weeks time.. anyone here doing and I be happy if i can hear some experience from everyone here.

Hi,

Is it compulsory for us to attend the counselling?
Is there any fees for the talk?

Thanks

Hi,

Is it compulsory for us to attend the counselling?
Is there any fees for the talk?

Thanks
No fees at NUH and its private, I was scheduled for late lunch time, our counseling was only about 20 min, I said that I know everything, so they explained to us their ivf schedule and we signed counseling forms.

No fees at NUH and its private, I was scheduled for late lunch time, our counseling was only about 20 min, I said that I know everything, so they explained to us their ivf schedule and we signed counseling forms.

It’s FREE in NUH?

I was told that it is compulsory to attend counselling in KKH and it cost abt $400 for just 1 session.. Compulsory to attend or else cannot proceed..

Im now in KK and thinking of transfering to NUH. Do anyone know if we are able to ask for transfer and is there any charge to it?

Thanks Love

It’s FREE in NUH?

I was told that it is compulsory to attend counselling in KKH and it cost abt $400 for just 1 session.. Compulsory to attend or else cannot proceed..

Im now in KK and thinking of transfering to NUH. Do anyone know if we are able to ask for transfer and is there any charge to it?

Thanks Love

Hi

I have been to NUH and KKH for ivf. Just to share some of my experience. They are pros and cons btw the 2 hospitals. However, they maybe have some changes or procedures over these few years.

For NUH

✔No charges for counselling

Had my 1st scan and have to come back at least every 2 or 3 days follow up scanning before the egg retrieval.

As I was allergy to crinone gel during my 1st try ivf. Thus, I requested for injection for the support during my FET. However, I was told that I need to find a clinic outside to help me for the injection during the 14 days wait n at your own cost.

✔NUH gave a daily update of your embryos status

For KKH

A fee charges was charge for counselling

✔Had my 1st scan followed by 2nd scan a week later and depends the egg grow before the egg retrieval

✔You may request the nurse at KKIVF to help up for the injection without any charges bear.

KKIVF does not gave a daily update of the embryos status.

Hi

I have been to NUH and KKH for ivf. Just to share some of my experience. They are pros and cons btw the 2 hospitals. However, they maybe have some changes or procedures over these few years.

For NUH

✔No charges for counselling

Had my 1st scan and have to come back at least every 2 or 3 days follow up scanning before the egg retrieval.

As I was allergy to crinone gel during my 1st try ivf. Thus, I requested for injection for the support during my FET. However, I was told that I need to find a clinic outside to help me for the injection during the 14 days wait n at your own cost.

✔NUH gave a daily update of your embryos status

For KKH

A fee charges was charge for counselling

✔Had my 1st scan followed by 2nd scan a week later and depends the egg grow before the egg retrieval

✔You may request the nurse at KKIVF to help up for the injection without any charges bear.

KKIVF does not gave a daily update of the embryos status.

Hi,

This is so informative. Thank you.

But when you say the injection, I thought they will teach us the method of injection and we can just inject on our own?

So since, you have both hospital experience, which hospital do you prefer and which hospital has the 'shortcut'?

and by the way, when did you do the IVF at NUH and KKH?

Hi,

This is so informative. Thank you.

But when you say the injection, I thought they will teach us the method of injection and we can just inject on our own?

So since, you have both hospital experience, which hospital do you prefer and which hospital has the 'shortcut'?

and by the way, when did you do the IVF at NUH and KKH?

Hi,

The injection that I'm referring to was the support during the 2 weeks wait. As for my 1st cycle at NUH (2017) I'm suffering severe virginal itchiness while inserting crinone gel. Therefore, my 2nd ivf with kkh (2018) I requested injections instead of inserts.
Afterwhich was my 1st FET (2019) with Prof wong at NUH, I decided to give another try for crinone gel knowing that injection maybe too tedious n costly during the 2ww.

To be honest, both hospitals do have their pros and cons. So it's much depends on the individual preference. N since I have my 1st FET with Prof wong at NUH, I would like to give a try for upcoming fresh cycle with Prof wong. ;)

Reactions: SRA
Hi,

The injection that I'm referring to was the support during the 2 weeks wait. As for my 1st cycle at NUH (2017) I'm suffering severe virginal itchiness while inserting crinone gel. Therefore, my 2nd ivf with kkh (2018) I requested injections instead of inserts.
Afterwhich was my 1st FET (2019) with Prof wong at NUH, I decided to give another try for crinone gel knowing that injection maybe too tedious n costly during the 2ww.

To be honest, both hospitals do have their pros and cons. So it's much depends on the individual preference. N since I have my 1st FET with Prof wong at NUH, I would like to give a try for upcoming fresh cycle with Prof wong. ;)

Hi Cmf,

Thank you so much, You've been very helpful.

So, to what I understand from your message, you have tried IVF twice? and now is your third try at NUH?

Since you've tried both hospital, KKH and NUH, which one do you prefer? which one has long protocol and which one serve you better?

Hii, anyone starting stims in July? Looking for buddy!
It’s FREE in NUH?

Thanks Love

Hiiii SRA,

I just wanted to add on that I was charged $40+ for NUH short counselling, perhaps it depends on whether you ask a lot of questions during the session :)

Also at NUH there is a big group IVF seminar just for NUH IVF patients that nurse can sign you up for (big like 50+ people attending I think?). When I went, it was hosted by Prof Wong who explained everything indepth and there's Q&A session too.

Hi Cmf,

Thank you so much, You've been very helpful.

So, to what I understand from your message, you have tried IVF twice? and now is your third try at NUH?

Since you've tried both hospital, KKH and NUH, which one do you prefer? which one has long protocol and which one serve you better?

Hi SRA

Don't mention it cos I have been through it and I know how hard this journey is. But I tend to forget some of the procedures that I have go through the ivf cycle cos is too tedious.

For long/short protocol, is up to each individual on how the body react to the medication. But my opinion NUH tends to have longer protocol.

If not wrong, my visit to KKH was less frequent then NUH. NUH may require every 2 or 3 days follow up scanning, maybe during that time my body didn't responsed well to those injection they prescribed so I tends to take more leave when I'm with NUH.

But in my own opinion, I prefer the services in NUH . Some of the CHR nurses are really very helpful and we can find the specific nurses that handle our case when we have problem arise. Likewise KKH, their nurses are nice too just that they don't have specific nurses handle our case when we have some question or doubt during ivf cycle. (Hmmm maybe they have which I don't know it)

But I tends to fork out more cash during my visit to NUH during my FET, not too sure maybe some medication prescribed to me are not under ivf funding.

Oh ya, one more things you may want to take note. During the ER and ET:

NUH
Hubby was allowed to stay with you at the resting wards before/after you went to/out the OT for ER/ET.

KKH
For ER, Hubby can only wait outside at the reception area or u can ask your hubby to go for a walk. They will call your hubby once u wake up from the ER, and asked your hubby to pick you up in ard an hr time.

But for ET, KKH allow your hubby to accompany and see the whole procedure how the embryo being transfer back.

I hope this will help you a little to chose btw KKH n NUH ;):)

Btw, I have my 2 chemical pregnancies both in KKH n NUH. N my little embbies were all Day3 transfer only :( I hope to increase the chances of success rate n substain the pregnancy.

I sincerely hope any kind soul here:) that can help to share their experience and suggestion on ways to improve the egg quality, quantity and lining. N the daily meal to take note of. I'm planning for my 3rd round of fresh ivf in another 3 more months with NUH but I feel my body still not ready for it :(

Hii, anyone starting stims in July? Looking for buddy!

Hiiii SRA,

I just wanted to add on that I was charged $40+ for NUH short counselling, perhaps it depends on whether you ask a lot of questions during the session :)

Also at NUH there is a big group IVF seminar just for NUH IVF patients that nurse can sign you up for (big like 50+ people attending I think?). When I went, it was hosted by Prof Wong who explained everything indepth and there's Q&A session too.

Hi Astiva,

$40? Oh my! that sounds better than $400 at KKH right?.. :)

So sign up for the big group counselling? How much?

So have you go for treatment of still waiting?

Hi Astiva,

$40? Oh my! that sounds better than $400 at KKH right?.. :)

So sign up for the big group counselling? How much?

So have you go for treatment of still waiting?

Hii SRA,

The $40+ is the one-to-one with nurse where u sign consent form etc. The big one is freeeeee and I learnt a lot from there :) oh got free lunch too lol! Only nurse can register for u after u r confirmed patient. I think they host it not that often.

Yup, counseling is cheaper but as CMF explained, maybe the other procedures are slightly more costly.

I will be starting my first stim in July!

@Cmf Hiiiii, I’m kind of a nerd so I finished that book and also did a lot of read ups about egg quality - basically that book will be your holy grail but make sure it’s 2nd edition which was just released this year. Actually if you really wanna deal with egg quality I suggest just buy the book coz even now I’m referring to it once in a while. Can’t memorise everything haha. 3 months is just nice and it’s enough time to prep. Supplements, diet, lifestyle, what products to avoid, and the man can do, it’s all in there!

Hii SRA,

The $40+ is the one-to-one with nurse where u sign consent form etc. The big one is freeeeee and I learnt a lot from there :) oh got free lunch too lol! Only nurse can register for u after u r confirmed patient. I think they host it not that often.

Yup, counseling is cheaper but as CMF explained, maybe the other procedures are slightly more costly.

@Cmf Hiiiii, I’m kind of a nerd so I finished that book and also did a lot of read ups about egg quality - basically that book will be your holy grail but make sure it’s 2nd edition which was just released this year. Actually if you really wanna deal with egg quality I suggest just buy the book coz even now I’m referring to it once in a while. Can’t memorise everything haha. 3 months is just nice and it’s enough time to prep. Supplements, diet, lifestyle, what products to avoid, and the man can do, it’s all in there!

Thanks dear..

I will be going to KKH next Friday and will inform them to transfer my records at NUH..

I hope I can join you in July too :)

All the best dear and baby dust to you.. I hope to hear good news from you..

Keep me update ok

Hii SRA,

Hi Astiva,

Thank you! And all the best for your upcoming ivf in jul :)

Thanks dear..

I will be going to KKH next Friday and will inform them to transfer my records at NUH..

I hope I can join you in July too :)

All the best dear and baby dust to you.. I hope to hear good news from you..

Keep me update ok
Not sure if its too late.

I did IUI at KKH and I hated the services there or rather the nurses are very nice but the system is poor. I was attended to by the doctor on duties (even though I told I went for private is that I could choose my doctor). Scan was done by sonographer(I hope I call them correctly). All in all I can say is there are too busy to be attentive. You have to rush down early to Q for scan, come out and wait to see doctor, go down to take meds and might need to come back up if the nurse need to guide you on the medications. I usually try to reach at 730am and I usually spend 2-3hours there.
Every visit was very stressful for me cause I went home without proper answer(cause they were too rush to get you out of the room to call the next person)

During that cycle I was spotting 1week ahead of my menses(supposedly if I fail that cycle). I called the hotline and raised my concern but the nurse brush me off and said "ya, just wait for your bloodtest on...... (which is 1week later)" thats it.

Since then I read up about NUH and decided to do my next treatment with NUH.

Firstly, the wait isn't too long. The appointed Dr that I chose did the scan and wrote the prescription all the time. Once scan is done, you will head upstairs and wait for bloodtest and or nurse to pass you medications (alot of time were saved here as compared to KKH) and off you go. I am usually done within an hour.

As for skills I can't really say as we all would never know what goes on in the laboratory.

I prefer a doctor to see through my case not a random doctor on duty. Had I known, I would have just go by subsidy.

Even though I have not gotten a BFP yet at least I am happy I made the change (seriously, mentally too). I can't believe going through this and being upset with KKH's system at the same time.

I am waiting for my FET next month.

To obtain med report would take time and cost money. What the KKH nurse did at the counter was to print out my previous test for me and wrote down what cannot be printed by them.

Hi,

Did you transfer your embryo to do FET in NUH?

I did IUI at KKH and I hated the services there or rather the nurses are very nice but the system is poor. I was attended to by the doctor on duties (even though I told I went for private is that I could choose my doctor). Scan was done by sonographer(I hope I call them correctly). All in all I can say is there are too busy to be attentive. You have to rush down early to Q for scan, come out and wait to see doctor, go down to take meds and might need to come back up if the nurse need to guide you on the medications. I usually try to reach at 730am and I usually spend 2-3hours there.
Every visit was very stressful for me cause I went home without proper answer(cause they were too rush to get you out of the room to call the next person)

During that cycle I was spotting 1week ahead of my menses(supposedly if I fail that cycle). I called the hotline and raised my concern but the nurse brush me off and said "ya, just wait for your bloodtest on...... (which is 1week later)" thats it.

Firstly, the wait isn't too long. The appointed Dr that I chose did the scan and wrote the prescription all the time. Once scan is done, you will head upstairs and wait for bloodtest and or nurse to pass you medications (alot of time were saved here as compared to KKH) and off you go. I am usually done within an hour.

As for skills I can't really say as we all would never know what goes on in the laboratory.

I prefer a doctor to see through my case not a random doctor on duty. Had I known, I would have just go by subsidy.

Even though I have not gotten a BFP yet at least I am happy I made the change (seriously, mentally too). I can't believe going through this and being upset with KKH's system at the same time.

To obtain med report would take time and cost money. What the KKH nurse did at the counter was to print out my previous test for me and wrote down what cannot be printed by them.

Oh my! This is really, really helpful. You making my decision much more clearer now. NUH, it is!! My next appt at KKH is on next Friday. Gonna tell them to transfer me to NUH. I havent experience the service at NUH but KKH, like you said was slow to call my number but when Im in, it was a quick and rushing one.

Do you ask them how much it cost for the medical report and how long do I have to wait?

Hi Honeypokey,

Who your appointed Dr in NUH? Do you need to fork out some cash for medication during your fresh cycle? As I went back for my FET at nuh this year, some medication prescribed to me are not under ivf funding n some not under subsidy rate, this made me curious is it becos i switch to Prof wong.

Oh my! This is really, really helpful. You making my decision much more clearer now. NUH, it is!! My next appt at KKH is on next Friday. Gonna tell them to transfer me to NUH. I havent experience the service at NUH but KKH, like you said was slow to call my number but when Im in, it was a quick and rushing one.

Do you ask them how much it cost for the medical report and how long do I have to wait?

What is your next appointment about? I skipped the appt with KKH all together(after the failed iui, meaning I didn't have a review with Dr at all). I just call to ask them where to go to to get my previous test printed out thats it.

I don't think they do direct transfer. You just have to call NUH and make appointment on your own.

Anyway I am sure many ladies would have good things to say about KKH but what I wrote is my 2cents.

Hi Honeypokey,

Who your appointed Dr in NUH? Do you need to fork out some cash for medication during your fresh cycle? As I went back for my FET at nuh this year, some medication prescribed to me are not under ivf funding n some not under subsidy rate, this made me curious is it becos i switch to Prof wong.

I am with Prof too.

I will only be doing fet next month so not sure about the meds but the nurse did say usually can cover. Or was your meds cost over the govt subsidy limit already?

Care to say which meds are you refering to?

What is your next appointment about? I skipped the appt with KKH all together(after the failed iui, meaning I didn't have a review with Dr at all). I just call to ask them where to go to to get my previous test printed out thats it.

I don't think they do direct transfer. You just have to call NUH and make appointment on your own.

Anyway I am sure many ladies would have good things to say about KKH but what I wrote is my 2cents.

I am not sure what is it about also. They didnt even tell me my appointment but when I check my healthbuddy apps, appointment date was made. 2 dates in fact was made without my knowledge. I did HSG the last.

Do I need to go to poly first to get referral letter from the doc for NUH or I can straight go to NUH with KKH doctor memo and still get subsidy?

I am with Prof too.

I will only be doing fet next month so not sure about the meds but the nurse did say usually can cover. Or was your meds cost over the govt subsidy limit already?

Care to say which meds are you refering to?

Sure, actually I planned for my FET to be done last year, so when I was with CHR the meds that I was given: Mercilon, Triptorelin injection n progynova which cost total about $300 plus. (The injection meds itself cost $200 plus) so half way through I requested to transfer to Prof wong but sadly to said my lining did not meet the requirements so we cancelled the FET.

After few mths, I went back to Prof for FET. This time round the meds he gave me: Progynova, progyluton, estrofem inserts, crinone gel n triptorelin injection which costs about $600 to $700 plus for this round FET.

I can't remember much for my 1st cycle at NUH but if I not wrong during fresh cycle we are mostly cover by the funding n do not need to fork out any cash for meds right??? Need to mentally prepare for my 3rd cycle.

Sure, actually I planned for my FET to be done last year, so when I was with CHR the meds that I was given: Mercilon, Triptorelin injection n progynova which cost total about $300 plus. (The injection meds itself cost $200 plus) so half way through I requested to transfer to Prof wong but sadly to said my lining did not meet the requirements so we cancelled the FET.

After few mths, I went back to Prof for FET. This time round the meds he gave me: Progynova, progyluton, estrofem inserts, crinone gel n triptorelin injection which costs about $600 to $700 plus for this round FET.

I can't remember much for my 1st cycle at NUH but if I not wrong during fresh cycle we are mostly cover by the funding n do not need to fork out any cash for meds right??? Need to mentally prepare for my 3rd cycle.
I am not sure what is it about also. They didnt even tell me my appointment but when I check my healthbuddy apps, appointment date was made. 2 dates in fact was made without my knowledge. I did HSG the last.

Do I need to go to poly first to get referral letter from the doc for NUH or I can straight go to NUH with KKH doctor memo and still get subsidy?

Maybe you can call and ask what is that appointment for. As for the appointment with NUH. You can get some subsidy on consultation fee and all when you go by polyclinic referral but you are not able to choose a doctor of your choice.

Otherwise you can call NUH and book an appointment. They will treat you as new patient when you go there. Those blood test from KKH that are still valid can still be use.

Also, once you start ivf private or subsidy patient get charged the same for those procedures.

For fresh cycle only some medication are not covered so you need to pay at the pharmacy but you can try asking if it can be covered by medisave. We happen to know it only becox the pharmacist asked. and of course (hiv, hep etc) blood test need to pay out of pocket. But if it is your 3rd fresh cycle, medisave can claim 4000 instead of 6000 for 1st timer. So that maybe you want to be prepared

For fresh cycle only some medication are not covered so you need to pay at the pharmacy but you can try asking if it can be covered by medisave. We happen to know it only becox the pharmacist asked. and of course (hiv, hep etc) blood test need to pay out of pocket. But if it is your 3rd fresh cycle, medisave can claim 4000 instead of 6000 for 1st timer. So that maybe you want to be prepared

Thanks thanks! Thanks for the reminder, I forgotten about the amount for mediasave claim. Cos I only remember my cycle with KKH I don't have to fork out cash for medication for fresh cycle. So when I was with nuh for my FET, I was curious why I need to fork out cash n the pharmacy told me those medication are not covered. So I was wondering does it apply to fresh cycle as well as my 1st cycle at CHR NUH medication was covered. N I notice a slight price difference on the medication price when I change to Prof wong. But is ok, he's really very nice.

Btw, thanks for the recommendation on the " it starts with the egg". It really indeed clear lots of my doubts for ivf.

All the best for your FET next month!!! 加油!

Thanks thanks! Thanks for the reminder, I forgotten about the amount for mediasave claim. Cos I only remember my cycle with KKH I don't have to fork out cash for medication for fresh cycle. So when I was with nuh for my FET, I was curious why I need to fork out cash n the pharmacy told me those medication are not covered. So I was wondering does it apply to fresh cycle as well as my 1st cycle at CHR NUH medication was covered. N I notice a slight price difference on the medication price when I change to Prof wong. But is ok, he's really very nice.

Btw, thanks for the recommendation on the " it starts with the egg". It really indeed clear lots of my doubts for ivf.

All the best for your FET next month!!! 加油!

Thank you. Let's jiayou together!

Yes the book is really helpful, I refer to them once in a while. Hope it can help you.

Let's keep each other updated:)

Oh ya SRA fyi, KKH's wait for IVF is 3mths to start. NUH does not have this kind of backlog Q :)

Yes the book is really helpful, I refer to them once in a while. Hope it can help you.

Oh ya SRA fyi, KKH's wait for IVF is 3mths to start. NUH does not have this kind of backlog Q :)

Yes, let's keep each other update ;) Jia you!

Hi,
New here. Would like to seek advice on how to improve and increase chances for FET. What should I do/not do during 2ww or prior to FET?
Had first FET with two day 5 blastocyst (v good grade), 9mm lining on four days before FET. Was given crisone gel and estrofem during 2ww for support. Also had acupuncture on FET day and 2d after. Doc attributed it to luck issue. Anyone encountered?
:( :(

Maybe you can call and ask what is that appointment for. As for the appointment with NUH. You can get some subsidy on consultation fee and all when you go by polyclinic referral but you are not able to choose a doctor of your choice.

Otherwise you can call NUH and book an appointment. They will treat you as new patient when you go there. Those blood test from KKH that are still valid can still be use.

Also, once you start ivf private or subsidy patient get charged the same for those procedures.

Oh! Even Im from KKH, I still need to go to poly to get subsidy for NUH? Because in KKH, Im on subsidy. Do I need to go and get the referral letter again and then go NUH?

Hi,
New here. Would like to seek advice on how to improve and increase chances for FET. What should I do/not do during 2ww or prior to FET?
Had first FET with two day 5 blastocyst (v good grade), 9mm lining on four days before FET. Was given crisone gel and estrofem during 2ww for support. Also had acupuncture on FET day and 2d after. Doc attributed it to luck issue. Anyone encountered?
:( :(

Hi

Your lining n embryos was good!
I have my FET this year, but this FET made me realised stress level do play a part. I have only one day 3 embryo (From 6 cells to 9 cells embryo), n lining was only 7mm 4 days before the FET (almost need to cancel for the 2nd time). After the FET, the next day I caught with a super bad flu, cough n fever that's last throughout my 2ww and eventually my hubby n i didn't pin any hope for this cycle as i was so sick that I gave up and went to see GP for medication to cure my flu virus, n whole day rest on the bed n watch my fav show. On the day of our Bloodtests, we are shocked when the nurse called n told me that that the results was positive n we r required to go back to the clinic. Sad to say it end up with a chemical pregnancy again. I know is easier said than done, now I trying hard to manage my stress level n building up my egg quality, hoping for another miracle.

Don't give up & alll the best to you!!!

Oh! Even Im from KKH, I still need to go to poly to get subsidy for NUH? Because in KKH, Im on subsidy. Do I need to go and get the referral letter again and then go NUH?

Hi SRA

Your might want consider to give it a try at KKH? Afterall KKH was actually not bad too, a few friends of mine got their BFP on their 1st or 2nd try there. Me too, during my switch over to KKH got my BFP but ended with CP.

Becos since u already gotten your counselling appt with KKH then ivf procedures will start soon once you have attend counselling. If I'm not wrong, after I went for counselling session, the next menses cycle I start my ivf.

Cos if u go poly to get referral letter again to NUH then might defer your ivf. N u need to wait for NUH to call n schedule for an appt to see a doc at Clinic G then the doc will refer n schedule you another timing to their CHR Clinic for IVF. Furthermore, NUH has longer protocol but if you don't might the waiting time you can try to call NUH to check on the switch over. :)

Meaning, after the counselling, I still have to wait for 3 months to start with IVF procedure?

Hi SRA

Your might want consider to give it a try at KKH? Afterall KKH was actually not bad too, a few friends of mine got their BFP on their 1st or 2nd try there. Me too, during my switch over to KKH got my BFP but ended with CP.

Becos since u already gotten your counselling appt with KKH then ivf procedures will start soon once you have attend counselling. If I'm not wrong, after I went for counselling session, the next menses cycle I start my ivf.

Cos if u go poly to get referral letter again to NUH then might defer your ivf. N u need to wait for NUH to call n schedule for an appt to see a doc at Clinic G then the doc will refer n schedule you another timing to their CHR Clinic for IVF. Furthermore, NUH has longer protocol but if you don't might the waiting time you can try to call NUH to check on the switch over. :)

Hi Dear,

No, I have not go for my counselling yet. Still waiting. I've checked my bloodtest and HSG and this Friday, Im not sure what's the appointment abt and plus, husband already did his sperm check. So meaning to say, protocol for NUH is longer than KKH? i thought of taking all these reports and proceed to NUH. How long does it take for NUH to schedule us a date?

Hi Dear,

No, I have not go for my counselling yet. Still waiting. I've checked my bloodtest and HSG and this Friday, Im not sure what's the appointment abt and plus, husband already did his sperm check. So meaning to say, protocol for NUH is longer than KKH? i thought of taking all these reports and proceed to NUH. How long does it take for NUH to schedule us a date?

SRA, just call NUH appointment line now and anyhow ask when’s the next earliest date to see doc for ivf .. that’s what I did. Haha. We’re about in the same boat because I also went subsidy route at KKH, then found their callbacks very slow and read too many reviews, so one day I called NUH on a Wednesday and bingo got empty slot that Saturday.. (someone must have just canceled). I just switched with no regrets.

It seems like you can request to transfer from KKH to NUH but not sure of procedure. You have to call and ask both sides faster I guess

I was confused when I had to pay cash for NE tablets at the pharmacy. So did you mean, at the cashier, we should ask them if the medication can be covered by MediSave instead of paying cash?

SRA, just call NUH appointment line now and anyhow ask when’s the next earliest date to see doc for ivf .. that’s what I did. Haha. We’re about in the same boat because I also went subsidy route at KKH, then found their callbacks very slow and read too many reviews, so one day I called NUH on a Wednesday and bingo got empty slot that Saturday.. (someone must have just canceled). I just switched with no regrets.

It seems like you can request to transfer from KKH to NUH but not sure of procedure. You have to call and ask both sides faster I guess

Hi Astiva,

Thank you so much for your help. I just called them and ask them and they said that I have to go all the process all over again. From the referral and all the processes again. I rather stay at KKH if that's the case.

Thanks dear..

Hi Astiva,

Thank you so much for your help. I just called them and ask them and they said that I have to go all the process all over again. From the referral and all the processes again. I rather stay at KKH if that's the case.

Thanks dear..

Oh I see. It’s ok SRA. Don’t be dismayed. KKH is our most busy hospital, probably there are a lot of successful cases who have had no need to visit support forums. Just don’t stress yourself too much during the procedure, stress actually one of the contributing factors for ivf success.

Hi Astiva,

Thanks dear..

Yes SRA, I agree with what Astiva said. Don't stress too much, regardless is KKH or NUH, their procedures are about equally the same. N I have heard a few successful case among the ppl i know with KKH, like one of ex-colleague age near to 40 n her hubby will be 50 this year, last month they received a BFP with twins on their 2nd try at KKH. Just that in term of service, NUH will be slightly better abit. But that doesn't mean KKH service not good, just that they have too many patients to serve. I have been to some of the private clinic/hospital, I could said some clinic their service can't even match the gov hospital, the waiting time could even drag to 2 to 3 hrs per visit.
Good luck n all the best for your upcoming ivf soon :)

Hi

Your lining n embryos was good!
I have my FET this year, but this FET made me realised stress level do play a part. I have only one day 3 embryo (From 6 cells to 9 cells embryo), n lining was only 7mm 4 days before the FET (almost need to cancel for the 2nd time). After the FET, the next day I caught with a super bad flu, cough n fever that's last throughout my 2ww and eventually my hubby n i didn't pin any hope for this cycle as i was so sick that I gave up and went to see GP for medication to cure my flu virus, n whole day rest on the bed n watch my fav show. On the day of our Bloodtests, we are shocked when the nurse called n told me that that the results was positive n we r required to go back to the clinic. Sad to say it end up with a chemical pregnancy again. I know is easier said than done, now I trying hard to manage my stress level n building up my egg quality, hoping for another miracle.

Don't give up & alll the best to you!!!

Hi,
Thanks for your support. Wishing you all the best and good luck for your next cycle too.
Yup, I guess probably this is my first FET and I was quite nervous here and there. During the first 5d of the 2ww, I was crazily bored at home and slept till body ache /headache. Even troubled over my sleeping position.
Now trying to overcome my mood and move on.
Thanks!

Reactions: Cmf
I was confused when I had to pay cash for NE tablets at the pharmacy. So did you mean, at the cashier, we should ask them if the medication can be covered by MediSave instead of paying cash?

Yeah. Try asking over the counter when they prescribe. They will check whether or not it can be covered by Medisave.

I remembered I did pay cash for some meds still

Hi,
Thanks for your support. Wishing you all the best and good luck for your next cycle too.
Yup, I guess probably this is my first FET and I was quite nervous here and there. During the first 5d of the 2ww, I was crazily bored at home and slept till body ache /headache. Even troubled over my sleeping position.
Now trying to overcome my mood and move on.
Thanks!

Keep your spirit up! Good luck to you! You can always chat here if you feel like talking to someone

Hi ya! Have you started your treatment yet? Good luck to you in the meantime!

Back