IVF Mummies

Jeni, oh dear....ur school quite harsh on you. Please take leave and stay at home tomorrow. I understand how you are feeling, were u given any jab or progesterone pill to support the pregnancy? I still have some left, can pass to you.

I thought you were teaching lower primary, should be on ground floor or at most 2nd floor only.
sad.gif
ask ur colleague for help can? ask them to help bring the kids up and down while u stay in the class these few days?

Dawn,
be prepared for the leave crap as it seems to me that a lot of the management in schools always give attitude when it comes to such matters as in their minds, they always think "Since I can do without mc and leave even though I am sick or push my medical appointment to later of the day or weekends, y can't the others?" Funny isn't it?

Anyway, my colleagues can't do much as it is not the kids who need to come to me, it is me who needs to climb up the stairs to see them. Yes, isn't it weird that the lower primary is on the third level? Anyway, I just hope that my little fighter can survive the tough and harsh environment. I am currently 10th week and the nausea seeims to improve a bit. Cross my fingers!

Dawn,
yesterday I have lots of blood coming out after my meeting in school ended at about 4 plus and I was shocked! I quickly rushed to KK 24hr clinic to get myself checked out. Guess what. They only have 1 gynae on standby there and as I was so lucky, there's an emergency case right before me and I was just put on the bed to rest and waited for about 1 hr before anyone attended to me! I really panic and so many thoughts went through my head! I thought every sec counts if I am facing a miscarriage but it turned out that if I am really having that, there's nothing the gynae can do. That's what she roughly told me. That's 1st trimester for you. Is that why they just left me there? I wonder.

After yesterday episode, I was told not to exert myself, rest well, take care blah blah blah by the school but... before this incident? What's their stand? Sometimes I am just so pissed... now, I just want to make sure my jr jr survives. Another about 3 more weeks to go before I reach 2nd trimester! Sorry for the complaints...

Jeni
You must really take good care. Not only 1st trimester (though it is the most crucial period) but also the whole pregnancy.When we go to the extent of IVF, I believe our little ones are most impt in our life. From what you said, PPle in your school are selfish and ignorant, and you have to help yourself, make yourself happy and your little ones will share your feelings..

Jeni, i have been through the bleeding incident twice....also rushed to KKH 24hr. They also asked me if i wanted to lie down as there r too many pple. so i also lied down for 1 hour plus....think lying down slow the bleeding. Please ask Dr Loh to give you hospitalization leave. I was given almost the whole 1st trimester (up to week 13) to rest at home....don't go to school! I think we have 60 days of HL. just rest and rest and rest....will pray ur jr stays strong.

agree with stacy that the whole pregnancy is impt, esp the 3rd trimester also. since ur school asks u to take care, then quickly take this opportunity to tell them your needs?

Hello everyone, I am doing my first cycle of ivf now at KK with Dr Loh and am at day 11 of lucrin, can any of you share with me whats next? I saw the flowchart the nurse gave me but seems unclear because when she explained she seems to be in a rush and i felt it was rude to stop her, anyways, i know that next would be Puregon, when will I start puregon? is it when my menses come? My day 16th of lucrin is on the 19th Jan and I am suppose to come for the E2 blood test and ultrasound scan, i really have no idea when Puregon is, wil i be expected to have 2 jabs (Puregon and lucrin)? until when and whats next? Anyone willing to share? I know it is not the same for everyone but perhaps I have a rough idea...... appreciate your advise.

Adriana,
don't worry, just follow the nurse's instruction. Call them when she told you to or at any point of time you r in doubts, just give them a call. They will be helpful to provide you with the infor. Everything depends on individual.

Stacy and Dawn,
thanks for your advice.
I had a long mc last time when I was carrying my first boy but Dawn, we are only entitled to 30days mc cum hosp leave if we are going for maternity leave for that particular year, not 60days. Plus you think they really mean 'you take care' when they said it. If they realise that I am going on a long mc again like last time, they would probably go to themselves, 'not again! Shs'e so problematic!' Luckily my fellow colleagues are good and understanding and they told me just to ignore the management. Where's the EQ of all the management?

Just keep my fingers crossed and will see what Dr Loh says when I see him next Friday.

Hi jeni,

Sorry to intrude...but i think u may want to bring fwd ur appt to see Dr Loh soon. Go to him instead of the KKH 24hrs. Or you may drop him an email first for some advice regarding to ur currently bleeding problem. I am sure he will wants u to see him and probably give u jab to stabilise ur pregnacy.

Juz like wat Dawn suggested, take HL from him and bedrest at home now. Ask Dr Loh to write an excuse letter to prove that ur pregnancy now is unstable and give this to ur "problematic head". But seriously, you got to weigh between ur job and this baby, ask urself what is most important now.

Sometimes we juz can't control wat pple want to say, juz hack care them becos u are indeed not well now. Please rest and dun stress urself anymore ok. To much standing or sitting down now will probably cos even more bleeding.

Why i so worried abt u? Its becos im in ur situation before and only when i lost my bb then i noe wat i shld do...but then its too late
sad.gif

Adriana, if i remembered correctly, Puregon will start about day 2 of your menses and yes u have to continue with the lucrin jabs at the same time. Don't worry, just follow the nurses' instructions, u r in good hands.

Vendy, I am so sorry to hear that.
sad.gif
Hope you r okay now.

Jeni, we mustn't care about what they say....just take whatever leave you can. if it is official hospitalization leave....they can't say anything u know?

Vendy,

Good to see you post ;)
Sorry to hear that you lost your bb. I lost mine (natural conception) in end 2007 too ;p

jeni,

i also agreed to Vendy. U shd see your doc asap. Spotting in 1st trimester can be mild and can be serious. That time when I had spotting, i was asked to lie in bed, they even brought a bedpan to me..

Thank you everyone.
When I had that scare, I also realised that I shouldn't bother with what they said and go ahead to take my leave if I need it. So I did but now that my leave is over, I have no choice but to go back. I have emailed Dr Loh on Tuesday but he has yet to reply but I did mention to him that the nurse at 24hr clinic has helped me to bring forward my apptm with him to the Friday after next. I will go straight to him if I don't feel well. I will not take chances anymore.

Vendy,
sorry to hear about your lost and I know what you mean as that day, on the way too KK, while I was crying my way there, I reflected. So, I know that If I have to rest, I will. Thanks.

Dear all

Jolene has given birth to a baby girl on 11th January. She dropped me a note in facebook today so I guess she and baby should be coping well by now.

Congrats to Rae and Jolene.
happy.gif

Today went to collect medicine for FET. Hope can be lucky this time round. I have kind of mixed feeling when stepped into KKIVF.

Jeni
How are you now? Hope you are coing well.

Vendy
Nice to see you posting here. Still no time for FB. Thanks for your invitation, will email you when it is done.

<font color="ff0000"> Wish You All HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!</font>

Yeh, Jolene and Rae, come in and share birth story and photos when settle down. congrats!!!!!

Stacy, hope u the New Lunar year will bring you a baby.
happy.gif
Jeni is xmas present, yours is CNY hong bao!

Jeni, are you better now? how many weeks more to 2nd tri?

Hi All,

Happy Lunar new year.... A pity am having my confinement now...

Here goes my birth story.... It's a long labour. Mine is natural birth with epi, not as brave as mummies who op without epi.

I started to have very mild contractions in the morning of 10th Jan from 2-6am. Quite hesitant whether is that real contractions. So called my dr and he advise me to go to hospital and monitor thru CTG and if it's false alarm can still go home. Admitted at 9am and I am really having contractions but it's still far apart. By 6pm only 1cm dilated. This is consider my first labour since cervix has never opened before so it's very slow. My first was C-section. Took epi at 10pm thinking it will be a long labour and do not want to suffer too much. Water bag burst at 2am and by 330am started pushing but it's really hard to push with epi. Finally at 436am, my sweet darling is out. Am glad I opt for vagina birth.

I will post some photos in facebook soon.

Dawn, are you in facebook?? Can I have your email adress.

Dawn and Stacy,
thank you for your concern.
I am currently going to be 12th week. 2 more weeks to go before I hit the 2nd trimester.
Stacy, jia you jia you. Waiting for you to join me
happy.gif

Rae and Jolene,
congrats!

To all,

Happy Chinese New Year!

hi ladies,
am back in action after a while :p Happy Lunar New Year!!!

Congrats Jeni and dun exert urself too much
happy.gif

Thanks hui
happy.gif

Ok my 2nd boy's birth story:

Abt 3am on 22 Dec 2008, I woke up wanting to go toilet. But nothing, just felt pain at tummy area and had the urge to push. I thought it's strange so went back to bed to time the pain.

After 15mins, confirmed the pain and now contractions are 5mins apart so had a shower, wash hair and woke mu hubby. Meantime, i tried not to push too hard but can't be help.

Arrived at TMC ard 4am and I chekced myself in at the counter while my hubby settled the parking. The nurse brought me to the Delivery Suite to prepare. Changed into the hosp gown etc. 2 nurses asked for my past delivery history and asked if i want epidural and i said yes. All this while, i try not to push but still push a little :p

1 of the nurses told me tt am too late for epidural cos already 7-8cm dilated :p . So quickly, they pushed me to the delivery suite. There were 2 other women in the room who came before me but i was the 1st to deliver.

The nurses had to speed up their preparations cos baby gg to come out soon. All these while, waiting for my gynae. Oh, they gave me laughing gas instead to subsitute for epi.... hehehe but useless lah....

Gynae came and she was surprised. Cos last check-up was on 20th.... hehehehe.... After pushing 3 times and dunno how long, my boy was finally out
happy.gif

In all, from contractions at home to delivery, it was only 2hrs. Thank goodness, if not, i will suffer man...... My boy is only 2970g when born so mayb this makes it easier to deliver?

:D

Rae, Congrats!!! Wow, envy u leh, less than 2 hours and 3 pushes delivered ur 2nd boy liow!
happy.gif
My friend also nearly delivered in the car for her 2nd boy, cos within 5mins reaching the hospital, her boy came out liow! How is ur 1st one handling the arrival of didi?

thanks dawn... wow, ur friend faster than me !!! so her gynae did not deliver the baby then? :p my 1st boy is jealous, he wants to pull my 2nd boy from my arms and if he did succeed, he will cry
sad.gif
but hv to slowly get use to it....

Rae,

Congrats!
I guess 2nd birth is always very fast and easy, esp they are < 2 years apart. This was what I heard from my mother, friends, relatives etc. They all told me they had no time to have 'diahorrea' and epidural...practically got to rush into delivery suite.

how's breastfeeding ? hope it is easier this time round since u are an experienced mum already.

Jolene,

Congrats again. I just replied your facebook message.

Congrats Jolene
happy.gif

stumbled_by,
yeah, tt's wat most pple told me. even my uncle colleague asked me to take a week off before due to rest at home when i told him i will work till my due date. wanted to take the week of 15 Dec to rest but still have work to clear and hand over to my back-up. Who knows after my last day at work on 19th, check-up on 20th, popped on 22nd :p 1 of the nurses at the delivery suite told me to come in early next time, told her no more next time, 2 is enough..... hehehehe. but i don't have any signs of labour at all. even my mil and her sister are surprised too cos was having dinner with them on Sun nite and next day, i popped..... hehehehe. yeah, i dun have 'diahorrea' this time, like u said, no time.....

for BF, my boy latches on easily but i persisted this time and managed to BF till now. On partial thou, had asked my gynae to prescribe fenugreek but gave me another type - Molitium - which she said it;s better......

Hi Rae,
Congrats. Your labour is really short. Yup, 2nd labour is always short. Unlike me, it's like my 1st labour. Mine is also very sudden, just out of sudden I felt the unusual pain coming. And just hours before we actually went for night movie the previous night and we left our girl at my mil's place overnight and the next morning, in labour pain liao. It's all very sudden.

Great that your boy latches easily. Mine tried very hard and with few visit to LC at last at week 2 manage to latch on without much crying and struggling. But only latch on in the day and just finish my night pumping session. Got to wake up 3 hours later.....
I took Fenugreek capsules from GNC. Is Molitium good?? Can i buy it over the counter??

Stumble_by,
Thanks, will check out my facebook...

Jeni,
Thanks. Very fast you will be in 3rd trimester.

Stacy,
Thanks, you jia you too.

Jolene,
Ur baby is borned in Jan'09? Seems both our 2nd labour were very sudden, our babies wanted to come out w/o giving us any "notice" :p wow, at least, u watched a movie
happy.gif

Mine's opposite - latch on at night and couple of times in the day....only pump during confinement as at my mum's place but after came back, no time cos looking after my boy myself and only pumped twice which was <3oz
sad.gif
I dun think can buy over the counter. Is Fenugreek good? Know tt quite a number of mummies from other threads took this and work on some only..... hence, hesitate to take it for my 1st boy......

hi can try the goats rue capsule/tincture or mother's milk tea which worked better for me. i didn't respond to funugreek. I was so desperate that everything i also try.

Hi Dawn,
Thanks and where can I get goats rue capsule/tincture or mother's milk tea??

Rae,
Yes, 11th January.
Yup with baby with you it's just difficult to pump have to make sure that he is sleeping. Did you bring your elder boy home every night? My daughter is very jealous and keep calling me and i cannot get out of her sight and will scream. Sometimes we have no choice but to send her to her grandma's place overnight. Really very naughty. I do look forward to spend time with her alone without mei mei. Now somemore cannot carry her, so felt very bad. Must endure till after 40 days. Very fast this week will be one month liao.
My milk supply is about 100-120ml. I have to keep compressing to get more milk. I think only work a little on me. I will increase the dosage to 3 cap x 3 times and see the effect. Or else will try Motilium or mother's milk. Have to try everything.

On latching sometimes keep latching till no milk and bb is always hungry. Guess can't meet her demand.
If she is not sleeping, she is hungry every 1 hour and milk production is not that fast though. Do you have this problem? Sometimes my breast is already so soft i think she is not getting enough. If she can tahan for 2-3 hours at least there are milk.

Rae/Jolene,

last time i also thought of trying motilium - its actually a medicine for some parts of body(like stomach or some weird part), so need doctor's prescription. i think for 'natural means', the fenurgreek and the one said by Dawn shd be better. in any case, i din try any. Only tried papaya fish soup but it doesnt work. heard must be certain ripeness of papaya...

i think the key is still latch on. Must get the latch on position right. Pump doesnt help much unless your pump is for excess milk(after latch on) Sorry, i am so eager to help others succeed, cos i have lots of bad experience to learn fr :p

Jolene,

I think its normal for bb to feed like every hour. Only after a while when your supply has established then it can taper off to feeding every 2-3 hours.

hui,

your labour more difficult for #2? Sometimes i think bcos we went hospital too early, or had epidural too early...

Stumbled by,
i got hard time pushing her out coz her head is not in straight position..somemore i nvr take any painkiller.. the pain is killing me..

yes dawn, am interested to know where to buy goats rue capsule/tincture. GNC? I had tried mother's milk tea and it doesn't work for me, no effect
sad.gif

jolene,
i bought the mother's milk tea from a local website but ct rem the name of site. my milk's supply was ok during confinement cos my mum will cook the papaya with fish soup and i will expressed abt 3 times per day. but dropped after came home. during my stay in hosp, the nurse from Parentcraft advised to drink at least 2L of water everyday to increase the supply..... but failed to do so. realised tt my boy's demand at nite varies, sometimes every hr, other times every 2hrs. guess depends on my supply :p btw, my left breast has more milk than my right. how abt urs? also, ur gal's poo is yellow and watery? 11th Jan is the due date or earlier? mine's early by 6days and i had expected it to be early......

i did not bring him home every nite cos my hubby's taking part-time course on 3 days per week at nite, i dun hv a maid so leave my elder boy with mil. very fast, ur confinement's over
happy.gif

hui,
icic, must be very tough for u.

stumbled_by,
motilium, if not wrong it's for gastric. cos after my gynae examined me, a nurse came by asking if i have gastric tt's y prescribed this med and i said no, it's to increase milk.

Rae, I was telling Jolene, can get from thomson medical centre's pharmacy or Vitakids. Either Goat's rue or Mother's Milk plus. they come in tincture form or capsule. I tried capsule forms for goat's rue, my friend tried the mother's milk plus, it helps to a certain extend but very ex lor. think $80 a bottle.

Rae,
My exact due date is on 23rd, so she arrives 2 weeks earlier.

Me too, my right breast can produce more milk. You latching on at night will be very tiring right. Every 1 or 2 hours need to feed. My cl will leave on 14th Feb, so I will have a hard time after tat. Think I will also latch on at night for convenience. Dun have to pump out.

Breast fed babies poo is always watery and yellow and it's not just once, it many times a day.

Here is the web site for Vitakids.
http://www.vitakids.biz/shop/department.asp?storeID=90947917688E4F3FA58839EEF7E6FC03

They provide delivery service too. Just ordered and will receive my more milk plus later. I was told that the liquid form can be absorbed by the body faster and better. Hope this works for me. Per bottle is $40.60 and last only for 15 days.
Hope can have increase in supply else really have to rely on more pumping.

Stumble_by,
Yes, will persist on latching on as long as possible. But the problem is she is always hungry every half to 1 hour. Think do not have enough for her. But I will continue let her latch and if still not enough will supplement with fm/bm and will pump to empty further. I will also drink lots of fluid.

I hope this round can give bm for as long as possible.

Dawn,
Thanks for sharing this herbal supplement and hope this can helps with my supply.

thanks Jolene for the website. do update us if it works
happy.gif
my boy poos only once a day for close to 2weeks now. only once a while he poos twice but 2nd time was not much....

thanks dawn for sharing
happy.gif

Went for scanning yesterday and confirmed having ET on Tuesday. Now having problem with the hormone medicine which cause rashes, dun know have to stop taking?

Stacy, jia you!
Will be waiting for you to join me!
happy.gif

Don't stop the medicine as it is vital in supporting the pregnancy, unless you are told to stop. You can feedback to Dr Loh that you are having rashes and see what he advises you.

stacy,

jiayou!

All,

Kind of down this few days. Know that AF is coming soon. Just last month, Chinese physician said what we knew long ago(b4 we embark on IVF journey), that if we rely on natural means, chances of successful pregnancy is low. Low chance to get pregnant naturally and even if pregnant, got chance of miscarriage (Maybe bcos she knew this happened so said this). She said all these after seeing my husband's report. I actually wanted to stop my husband fr going for the 'S' test cos we already knew that long ago mah.

I should be contented that i have my daughter already
happy.gif
Just let me air my grouses here :p

Thanks All
happy.gif

I've transferred 2 as I only opted for 2 Luckily 2 taken out are survived and still have 3 in storage. Think I'm not so stressful this time, as I've already have my boy, if I suceed then it will be added bonus.

To check with you all,. After insertion of the progesterone capsule cyclogest , and when i go for my relief in toilet around 20-30mins later, always have this white powdery substance dropped out.I suspect it is part of the medicine.Why it is not melted completely? Is this common??

stumbled_by
Dun feel bad.. As you still have your daughter. I'm also hapi to have my boi....

Stacy, I don't insert it into the vagina. Instead, i inserted it into the rectum which is less messy. This is what the nurse told me and I found that it is true. However, you have to try to remove your bowels first otherwise, you will have to wair for another 2 to 3 hrs before you can do your business. Hope this helps.

Stumbled by,
have you thought of embarking another round of IVF?

stacy

i vaguely recalled mine was inserted in V too. I guess got to refrain from going for toilet for a while.

jeni,

don think i want to embark on another round. Cos I have gone for 3 fresh rounds in the past. 1st round was aborted prematurely (before egg collection) due to danger of OHSS. 2nd fresh round and FET cycle were both 2 embryos transferred each ET and not successful. 3rd fresh cycle is where I got my daughter.

Hence u can see, statistically speaking i went thru 3 rounds. I read somewhere a woman shdn't have too many fresh rounds. Bad for the body. For me, i think the success rate is also low..if u consider the no. eggs collected(optimal), vs the embryos resulted(low), and pregnancy rate(low). Plus the emotional roller coaster.

I wun consider doing it while having full time job too as I wun feel comfortable letting colleagues know. Last time I took part time job and now there is no more opening for that part time job. [For 'face' reason wun want to go back there too] Hope i din bore u with the long history :p

Just want to check with you ladies, do you encounter any powdery discharge after the insertion of cycloget?? I 've tried both way into the rectum and v. and it looks the same to me. Need to lie down on bed??
Thanks Thanks

hi, can i check with you ladies? I'm seeing Dr Loh for IVF. Will he be the actual person doing the procedure or there will be an IVF specialist doing it instead?

stacy, yes...will have those powdery discharge one...esp if you dun lie down or sit down for a while after inserting. Try to lie/sit down for 10 or 15 mins if possible.
happy.gif

ladies, can i check if we have subsidy for
Dr Loh's first consultation if we obtain a referal letter from polyclinic?

stacy,
i hv the powdery discharge too and i did it at night before sleep so will not drop so much cos laying down all the way till morning.... jia you, jia you
happy.gif

stumbled_by,
no worries, we love to hear such "grouses" LOL.....

sunflower,
welcome..... ct rem if there's any subsidy but for all IVF or assisted programmes, no subsidy
happy.gif

Jolene,
how's the more milk?

Back