IVF Mummies

stumbled_by

Hi

i started this thread for those who 'graduated' from IVF Mothers-to-be(found under 'Matters of the Heart') support group.

Look forward to your contribution after u become mothers! Right now, I am still a MTB.

Hi, I'm also a IVF MTB. My EDD is july07 so still a long way to go for me. For us we have more worries abt our baby since they don't come easily. Slight cramps can send us to the Dr for scans immediately. Hopefully, it will be all over soon.

WanBB,

hi! Are u expecting singletons or twins? My due date is in March n I am expecting singleton, so I will be graduating soon.

Yes, we tend to have more worries. But after the 1st trimester, things start to get more 'normal'. I guess its the same for every pregnancy!

Stumbled_by,
I put in two embryos but only one manage to hang on. So you are expecting boy boy or girl girl? My Dr says that IVF will pro end up with boy cos they chose the most active sperm.
You engage a CL already? intend to have post-natal massage? So many things to consider. Last time only need to worry abt suppression of hormones not good enough, stimulation drugs too less.
When do you intend to have a 2nd child? I still have 14 embryos in the freezer waiting for me.

Hi, I knew about this thread after stumbled_by posted on the twins thread. I'm a IVF mtb too, EDD May'07, but will probably be early coz' I'm expecting twin boys. I also had two embryos put in and was lucky that both hung on.

For me, the harvesting didn't go so well. I only managed 10 ovulets and out of the 10, only 4 were fertilized. 3 was good, 1 was average. So, I put in 2 of the good ones, and froze the other 2. If everything goes smoothly this time round, maybe I'll consider putting in the 2 frozen ones. :) My hubby is very optimistic. He says since these 2 are boys, then hopefully the next 2 will be girls, then it'll be just nice after that ... ha ha. Must tell him what your doc said WanBB ... :)

By the way, I had IVF at KK, and was seen by Dr Sheila Loh. Really like her coz' she's very thorough, so I'm continuing with her as my gynae for the pregnancy.

Looks like we are a few months apart, Stumbled_by first in March, me in May and WanBB in July. :-D So let's keep each other updated ya!

Jenny, Very lucky of you with two beautiful boys. I also wish to have a baby boy as my first born. At least got some position in my hubby's family.
When you plan for the FET? YOu can stop at 2. I think two is just nice.
I suffer very bad OHSS during my two weeks wait. Bloated up very badly. So was a little scared of having FET.
I'm at Gleneagles with Dr foong. With little waiting time and a nice dr, I think I also will stay on with him for a long time. I heard of Dr sheila Loh and she seems very busy with many patients.

Hi everyone,
i'm also a IVF MTBS...will be due in June..

Jenny,
you are realli lucky.. i put in 2 embryos grade 4 n only manage to get one hang on there..done my detail scan n i will be having a prince..i still have 7 embryos in KKIVF, if everything goes smoothly i may think of using the embryos mayb when my boy turn 1 or 2
happy.gif
, mean time will try TTC during that 2 years wait
happy.gif

WanBB,
i also have very bad OHSS n hospitalized quite long in KKH

WanBB, thanks! I know how you feel. Our parents generation can still be quite conservative. I was also really apprehensive on the eve of the detailed scan and was really relieved when I knew the results, although I was secretly praying for 1 boy and 1 girl. Good luck and hope your wish will come true! And you're right about my gynae. The longest I waited was 3 hours plus! Horribly long wait, but both me and my hubby really liked her detailed consultations and how she's very thorough in tests and very careful with her treatments, so decided to stick to her. I've seen 2 other gynaes before her, and she is the youngest but by far the most thorough.

Welcome hui, thanks and congrats! Yeah, I'm really thankful at how everything worked out, and we're all lucky in the sense that we managed to conceive successfully.

Eh, but just wondering, what is OHSS? :p I also bloated up very very badly in the 2 weeks wait, and only when I went for the blood test, then the nurse told me that it was a good sign. Other than that, I didn't experience any morning sickness in the first trimester, so guess I'm pretty lucky.

I'll always remember the 2 hours wait for the blood test results. When I called for the results, my hands were shaking and when I heard from the nurse that the HCG level was 1400+ and probably expecting twins, I was so relieved I actually burst out in tears. How was it for you gals?

Oops, just went through the forum and found that what I've written is more appropriate in the IVF MTB forum. Sorry.... please ignore my previous message. Will hopefully post here again in a few months time if everything goes well. :-D

Hui, I was more lucky cos nv admit to hospital cos of OHSS. But the feeling is very terrible. Imagine bloat until like 6 months pregnant! Can't even walk well.
Got a boy boy very good leh... your in-law side must be very happy. actually for us girl or boy also will love as the same but if got boy to carry the family name will be a bonus lah.

Jenny, I also nv notice abt the mum and MTB. Anyway already posted so just carry on. ha ha. maybe can get some good advice from the mummies in future.
I dun have any surprise for the blood test wait cos I already tested it at home! ha ha. can't wait that long since my bloating nv go down and it's getting worst so I just have the feeling I must be preggie. Boring me...

Jenny/WanBB,

thanks for your postings! Both of you, and Hui are lucky. You still have frozen embbies. I didn't have, cos I had 4 embbies and 3 got transferred into my womb. The 4th one wasn't a good grade to be kept at Day 5 or 7
sad.gif
So I cant really plan when to have 2nd child. I think most likely will be natural. But with age 35 looming in a few year's times..hmm..can't think about it yet.

I am expecting a girl! Yes, I heard the statistics of boy is high. So far in the forum, it seems most of you are expecting boys. Well, maybe my hubby has more 'X' sperms ;P Hui knows me well, as both of us are regulars in the IVF MTBs thread in 'Matters of the Heart'. I just thought maybe when we graduate from there, we can start posting here.

My mum will be doing confinement for me, so I dont need a CL. As for post natal massage, I hope to ask my Malay neighbour for recommendation soon after delivery...Right now, I am stocking up on the bb stuffs.

stumbled_by,

Actually one is good enough also. A girl girl will be more of a sweetheart as compared to boy boy. Singapore standard also difficult to rise many children.

My mum also offer to help with confinement but she dunno how to cook the food so I decided to hire one CL better. I also doubt my mum's ability with the baby. Even my grandmother also advice me to hire CL or else if my mum screw up, I will have a hard time during that period. I won't know the baby's gender until another 2 weeks. The scan day must go shopping for the bb. ha ha... So gan chong!

Jenny,

During my 2 weeks wait is terrible, being hospitalized due to OHSS..haiz.

OHSS symtoms: breathless, vomit, giddy and bloated. i have all the above..

my 1st trim i lost about 2.5kg due to bad MS..so u are very lucky.i had my blood test in the while i'm warded and encounter stupid thing from the stupid doc in charge of the ward..(**piss off**), but 2 days before my blood test i tested myself with test kit and it show the 2 lines very fast
happy.gif

WanBB,

ya.. you are luckier than me
happy.gif

i feel breathless til can't tahan then i go KKH if not u kill me i also dunwan stay in hospital..i was on 10 over bottle of drip during my stay..my hubby also say boy or ger is fine.. if is a boy then is a bonus.. as for my in-laws they got no preference
happy.gif

stumbled by,

actualli ger is better..got better choice of dressing and if having 2nd kids ger ger can take care of siblings
happy.gif

Hi, I'm also a IVF MTB. Due in late Jul. I had a bad OHSS too but did not admit to hospital. Successful pregnant at 3rd attempt through FET. Confirmed singleton. Thinking of it, the whole journey made me realise it isn't easy to conceive even though with new technology. I was at a verse of losing hope in my last attempt (as I wanted to try blastocycst). Left 9 embryos in the freezer and the 1st day thaw, 2 already died. Feel sad and the next day, my gynae called me to quickly go down to have the 3 embryos transferred as the rest did not make it. Was heartache to hear that and though this time no hope liao! So 3 embryos transferred when they are 3 days old instead on the fifth day (blastocycst stage) as gynae afraid these precious 3 will not make it to the blastocycst. During transfer, did ask the embryologist if these 3 thawed embryos are of good cells. She said 1 seemed to be good, the other 2 not so. So we pray the 1 good will be implanted and it did! I will know the gender by mid of next month. Really glad to see you gals here as you can relate how i felt through this tough journey. Cherios to all - brave MTB!

Hui, I nv got breathless. My hubby wanna send me to hospital but I refuse. I scared being there alone. more over need to be poke by needles again. I remember the last time I have drip, the nurse poke until got bruises for 2 weeks. go out also very difficult to ans to my friends why got bruise on my hand.

stumbled_by, my in-law will prefer boy boy. Cos they very traditional. If First born is boy boy then I got more hopes to join the family sooner. Now still feel like a stranger in the in-law family. sad.. For me, boy or girl also own blood. Last time I prefer boy but after preggie, as long as the baby is healthy boy or girl also make no diff. Will still love him/her all the same.
If it's a baby boy, I keep wondering if he will be closer to daddy. I think I will be jealous.

Kitty, me same timing as you. My scan is on 12th feb. Then after that can go buy clothings already! Are you showing yet? I have a small hard balloon and so far nobody notice it. Sometimes a little sad cos when at shopping, nobody give up their seat for me to rest.

Wanbb,

that time i remeber i went to the A&E myself as hubby working and i thought onli see doc nia but am surprise i nd to be warded.. i rather say after all the ICSI injection now i withdraw blood or doc inject me i feel numb liao..no feeling at all..nowadays no ppl give up seat lor.. my tummy look obvious now but so far only one lady give up seat to me other than that NO! haiz..

Hi Wanbb,
My next scan is 10 Feb. Hopefully, bb cooperate with us! Is showing a bit on my below belly but no so obvious as most of the time I wear baby-dress top or empire cut. Yeah, sometimes worried that people don't know i am pregnant might bump into me. HB not so sensitive at this moment as he always walk infront of me. Sometimes hope he can be more sensitive but that is his character. Even b4 married, he also walks infront of me and occasionally turns back to see if i am still behind him. Hopefully when my belly are more obvious, he can help me to look out for any danger and shield me.

hi hui & stumbled_by, here i come
happy.gif

tink i will deliver 1st cos EDD is 16 Feb but both hubby & i hope it will b on or after 18 Feb cos we like pig pig...
happy.gif

for me, so far so gd, no OHSS except had spotting during 1st tri. lucky it's nt serious
happy.gif
am with KKH, Dr Sadhana but on the ET, she's on leave so Dr SF Loh took over...
happy.gif
only 6 eggs survived on ER & put in 2, only 1 hang on. Am expecting a boy boy :p

Hui, I also dun feel much with injections. but drip have to stick the needle inside back of hand.. really very irritiating. hee..
Izzit singaporean more selfish? I will give my seat up to old people, preggie and children but when it's your turn, seems like everyone also act blur. Sad right..

Kitty, I still wear my normal clothing. maybe cos I lose some weight during my first trimester so now gain weight also cannot notice. my hubby also very insensitive. he always walk very fast then I will be giddy and get very tired when I get home. Now he's much better after much complains.
biggrin.gif

Rae, you are going to be a mummy soon! must be very excited now. Wish you all the best!
kao_kiss.gif
update us on the birth of your prince.

WanBB,
thanks
happy.gif
but i had switched to TMC during the spotting period
happy.gif
will update u gals after confinement cos my mum doing for me & no access to internet fron her home
happy.gif

Rae,
welcome!! whao.. very fast next mth ur turn to deliver liao
happy.gif
.. it's seem that we just cycle not long ago..times files.. mine hoping for March onwards cause after march very fast June le..hehe..me same as you leh.. after my heavy bleeding i change to private doc..
happy.gif

WanBB,
ya, thet drip very troublesome.. cause during my stay due to OHSS in KKH i nd to write down wat i drink n how much i pee.. then having that drip is so ma fun to bath n pee.. have to push that stick around.. so ma fun
sad.gif

hui, I think Feb will pass very soon and june, july will be very difficult to pass for me. Actually, I dun like the idea of doing confinement in the summer. Very hot weather and cannot bath! But during that time, don't really have the right to chose when i wan to have my baby (also dunno if will suceed or not). Just take happily as it comes. Hopefully next baby can plan to give birth during end year. Cool weather shiok shiok
kao_clap.gif

WanBB

yalor...the mothers who are doing confinement in late Dec early Jan had a good time. Such a rainy and windy season.

your in laws prefer boy ? I thought after the IVF or long waiting for grandchild, they should be more understanding :p at least my in laws like wait so many years they wun mind boy or girl..btw, they dunno i went thru IVF. probably suspect, i dont know.

Rae,

u sure the EDD will be later rather than earlier ? :p so u going ahead with epidural ? Are u afraid that u wouldn't know how to push ? This is the fear I have of epidural..

WanBB,
ya, we got to tahan the weather during June n July.. i'm born in the year end season and also a piggy also... haha
happy.gif
, my mum so lucky.. her 1st n 2nd children born in year end.
happy.gif

Stumbled by,
already told my hubby i die die no epidural...i see the way they inject guess even painful.

stumbled_by,
my in-law knows nothing abt the IVF. Only married for one year plus so they nv suspect anything. Even my parents they also after the process then I tell them. Best not to let in-law know just in case they gossip behind my back.
lame.gif

Hui,
I also born in year end but I'm a rooster. piggy very young only leh.. My hubby just mention we already late 20ties.. kaoz.. make me so dishearted.

My friend say during that time you won't feel anything with epidural cos you already in so much pain with the contractions. And after epidural, you will feel so much better. But one of the side effect is shivering in cold.

Hi everyone,
I have been reading through the thread. I'm so happy to find you gals around. Before that, I am quite alone.
I'm presently having twins. This is my first try. So quite lucky. Though no vomitting, but have been feeling very nausea the whole day. Sometimes also a bit depressed. Now at 13th week, hope to feel better.
Btw, anyone of u seeing Dr Lawrance Ang? Like to find some ka-ki
happy.gif

stumbled_by,
so far, my gynae din mention abt change of EDD.... so still remains as 16 Feb. yup, gg ahead with epidural :p thou i can withstand the pain of injections etc but believe i ct tahan labour pain :p...... dun tink will forget to push lah
happy.gif

WanBB,
yes, heard abt the side effect after injecting epidural
happy.gif
i rather shiver man :p

Serene, your nausea days will be over soon. By week 14 I have no signs of morning sickness at all. Unless you belong to that unlucky few which continue to have MS until birth. Won't so suay lah.. Wish you feel better soon and start to enjoy food!
kao_wink.gif

Rae, my friend say can really feel that sense of relieve after the epidural shot. But if I can tahan the pain, I rather not have it. I shiver like hell after my ER and I cover with 3 blanket also feel very cold. one of my tooth even chip into half cos I feel so cold I bite on it. Scary!
kao_scared.gif

WanBB,

Why u married for 1 year already decided to try for IVF ? Late 20s is okay lar...Rae and I have passed the big '3-0'..Opps...Rae , hope u dun mind divulging our age :p

rae,

what I am scared is the numbness will cause difficulty in pushing.. Hmm..maybe will find out more in the antenatal class this Sat.

Hui,

the pain of epidural is nothing much. compared to labour pain..hiaks.

serene,

i stopped having MS at week16. So u may stop between week 14-16. It's a gradual 'disappearing' of MS for me, so before i know it, its gone!

WanBB,
ya.. y you married one year nia then try IVF? i married at the age of 18+ and TTC for 4 years then go for ICSI..

Stumbled by,
haiz.. sometime got to depend on the delivery but if got choice i wouldn't choose for eopidural.. my colleague in labour pain but nvr go for epi.. so is depend on how we stand the pain...

Serene,
Congrats in ur twins.. there's a thread for twins/triplets mum also
happy.gif

WanBB,
wow, really? i dun shiver much during ER....
happy.gif
individual i guess.... nevertheless, regardless of wich method use to deliver our bb, as long as it's out!!! hehehehe
happy.gif

stumbled_by,
tt's ok
happy.gif
age is just a number
happy.gif
hw many more antenatal class u hv attended?

hui,

personally i think people who went thru natural birth without epidural are really brave souls. but w/o epidural is good in a way cos the pushing will be more efficient
happy.gif
So u going natural all the way ? Or too early to decide ?

Rae,

i have 3 more lessons I think. Coming lesson is the most important reason why i sign up for antental class- pain relief methods ! I will question the midwife till i am satisfied. I am sure gynea wun be able to answer such 'trivial question' as efficiently since they only appear quite late and gynea is afterall more interested in health of bb and mum. Furthermore my gynea is a male :p

WanBB,

come to think of it. U shiver during ER cos u were nervous. I also shivered during the 'see if fallopian tubes is block X-ray test' (wat's the name har). Silly me for shivering at the tighs/legs visibly when they inject the dye. End up it was nothing much lar...haha. So we must be calm at delivery time! (easier said than done...hiaz)

stumbled by,
so far doc say i'm ok for natural.. but epi in the end bb nd to bb suck out rite? if i can choose then will go for natural
happy.gif

Stumbled_by/hui,
mY in-law traditional and hubby is the first male grandchildren to get married. So hv to produce at least some results. Try for one year still nothing then no choice lor need professional help. Found out tubes blocked during HSG so went for lap to clear but after IUI still nothing. In the end op for IVF. We use 5 months to get preggie with the gynae.

Not really nervous then shiver. It's after the procedure then I wake up that time then shiver. Cannot control one leh... Very very cold.

Rae, Maybe your body or reaction to GA better. Then you dun have to worry abt epidural's side effect. For my reaction to it is feeling cold and so shiver like hell.. I went dentist tell him abt my GA therefore tooth broke he even laugh at me. Haiz..

WanBB,

ic ic.. my hubby is the eldest son but for me am lucky as my in laws ask me not to give birth so young as tat time onli 19.. so we still ttc lah but no good news so in the end we opt for "maunually" preg..hehe
happy.gif

Hui, you very young get married leh.. when I 19 years old I still clubbing all the way! Study is only an excuse to conceal my playful self. And if studying then dun need to find work so fast. ha ha ha!

WanBB,

ya, i married very early.. i quit schooling when i'm 15 then bb sit my younger sis n bro ( now they are pri 3 & 4)..me n hubby is "ligthning" marriage (know each other abt 2 mths + then decide to ROM)..ppl thought i short gun but proven them when time files...
happy.gif

hui,

i think not necessary bb need to suck out if u go for epidural. depends on how is your pushing. whether effective or not. Some people say cannot push, but some still can...

WanBB,

tks for sharing your 'life story'. i guess for your case tube blocks is quite straight forward, hence u din want to waste too much time. For us, the infertility factor is more 'hazy' thats why drag here and there.

think u are allergy to painkiller, so epidural may not be that good for u. I am okay to GA, hopefully epidural side effects is kept to a minimal.

Hui, wow.. 15 then start to babysit sis and bro. they are so young.. I don't remember having liking for children when I was that young. I find them very noisy. You must love baby and children alot. why your hubby and you decide to get married so soon after being together. Me and hubby together for one year I already find it very fast.

Stumbled_by,
I also think maybe I'm allergy to GA. Did you check if epidural is bad for mummy or baby? Why some people say it's not good to have epidural?
I was told not to have the epidural too early during labour just in case the medication wear out and need a second jab. Then it will be double the charge.

stumbled_by,
do share wat u hv learn here after this Sat lesson
happy.gif
agreed with u tt it's nt nec bb need to b suck out....

WanBB,
icic, i tried IUI b4 but nt successful, even thou tubes are ok.....no time for both of us so try IVF but we dun hv high hopes too as success rate is nt high.
happy.gif

hui,
urs really lightning marriage :D but a lasting & loving marriage is not base on how long & well u kn tt person
happy.gif

Stumbled by,
ok.. thanks for ur info.. i thought after epi no strength le...

Wanbb,
i think i got no choice leh, parents working mah so help my grandparents look after me 3rd sis n 4th bro..my 2nd sis at that time still schooling...when they are bb very cute now grown up le so naughty.. :x

Rae,
ya.. true. know my hubby well after married
happy.gif

Hi to all MTB's!

Am very new here. Am also a IVF (ICIS) MTB, due mid June 07. Glad to see this tread, make me feel that am not alone. It was our first try and I should say we are lucky to get it. My hubby is overjoy that we are expecting a baby girl, his getting his wish... :)

Hui,

Thanks and congratulation to you too!

Any preference whether boy or girl? For me it's ok boy or girl as long as baby is healthy.

Rae, really alot of factors with TTC. Last time also nv notice until got problems then realise it's not so easy to get preggie.

Hui, your siblings really very young. So your baby will only be a few years diff from them. Now it's time for them to pay back. Must take care of your baby for you and dote on them like how you take care of them in the past.

Justine, welcome! you and Hui abt the same timing.

Back