IVF Mummies

hi ladies..
im gg thru ivf now in the first stage, the lucrin..
the nurses told me that im suppose to have menses during this period before i can proceed with second jabs and my menses did not come...
anyone experience this b4?

Stacy,
thank you for reminding me of our Santa, Have you met up with Dr Loh yet? When do you plan to do yours? I really hope we can do this together again. Ever since my ET last Saturday, I have been experiencing churning stomach with gases inside, cramps if I walked or stood too long. Starting a few days ago. I feel nauseous on and off. I wonder if I am pregnant. Now I know that I really want to have my next baby. When I think of if it is not successful and I have no more embies, I am sad and worried and contemplating to go through another cycle, which I have told my hubby long long time ago that I won't. Funny isn't it? How pple change their minds?
happy.gif

My boy can walk on his own now but not very steady yet as he tends to walk very fast or even run. He fell so many times and bang his head. My heart really aches! But what to do, these are one of the growing up pain... hahaha.. Don't worry Stacy, your son will walk on his own soon. Just try to encourage him to walk on his own with you staying very close. After a number of times when he has enough courage, he will take his first step without your help. This is happened with my boy.

mrs zack,
don't worry, it will come. It is just a matter of time. If you have any worries or doubts, always call and check with the nurse. They are in a better position to advise you with their medical knowledge and experience. How many days have you been on lucrin?

Jeni,
I've seen him and probably do it in Feb. He advise not to carry bb now and during FET.Same as you, I really hope to have another baby but have not tot of to the extent of starting fresh cycle if unsuceed this time. Dare not to think of the outcome yet, maybe it is still far for me to think what's next.

hi jeni,
today is my 17th day on lucrin. just went kk just now and they scheduled another blood test and scan this 5 dec. quite panic also when things dont go as planned.
this is my first time

mrs zack,
sometimes this kind of situation happened. As long as you can still carry on with the whole process, then it is ok. Don't stress yourself out unnecessarily, ok? Jia you jia you!

Jeni, jia you ok.... the nurses say sometimes not necessary good grades embryo get implanted. i remembered my 1st attempt ivf, i used my two Grade 5, best grades ones, also not pregnant.
happy.gif
subsequent attempt, used lower grades one, and bingo. good luck!

mrszack, all the best to you too.
happy.gif

Dawn,
thank you for your encouragement.
I have been experiencing cramps and felt nausea, esp in the afternoon and evening time. Not good appetite for dinner. I have slight brownish discharge as well, so I'm quite concern and am not too hopeful about the outcome on next tuesday. This time round I am not too hopeful as I did not have a good bed rest like last time and my son seemed to want me to carry him all the time. Haiz... not very optimistic about it but I'll cross my fingers.

Rae, thanks!

1948641.gif
Jeni,
Be positive. Worrying too much is nt so good.. as YOu only know the result on Tuesday.Maybe you 've already made it. No matter what, you've tried your best.
happy.gif

Yes Jeni, u really have tried your best, try not to think about it till next tues ( i know that is the most difficult things right now...) good luck good luck n more good luck!

Hi ladies,
thank you for all your support and encouragement.
I have good news to share!
Stacy, our Santa worked wonders again!
According to KKIVF, I am pregnant!

Yes, today is my 14th day of the 2ww. I called them this morning to ask for advice regarding my cramp. One of the nurses asked if I want to go to KKIVF for the blood test. I thought why not. So, I went. Before they did the blood test for me, one of the nurses or doctors, I am not so sure, told me that to do a blood test so ealrly may not be able to confirm pregnany unless I have a reading of more than 200. So, I asked what's the rationale for that nurse to tell me to come down to do the blood test. She said probably she's worried that I am already pregnant and may be facing miscarriage if I keep having the cramp. That is exactly my view. So, when she asked if I wanted to go ahead with the blood test, I said why not since I was already there. So she told me that if the reading is less than 200, then I will have to repeat it on Tuesday. Then later when I called them for the outcome, they told me that I am pregnant (reading 224.2)and to go down to KKIVF to collect my new prescription. I will do my scanning on the 19th to check how many embies have implanted themselves before I have the courage to announce to my friends and family.
So, pls wish me luck!

Thanks for all your support and encouragement once again, Ladies!

congrats Jeni! what a wonderful news to share! I m so happy for u....*hugz* santa has indeed worked his charms! take care ok?
happy.gif

koala,
how have you been?
Yes, have not seen u in forum for a long time.
How's your kid? A girl or boy?
Thanks for your concern.
Glad to see you around again
happy.gif

Jeni

Mine is a boy, he is just celebrated 1 year old birthday at Nov.

Ya, so long I din chat with you all after giving birth, be a mummy really not easy. On my recent visit to Dr Loh, he said, oh my god, why you lost so much weight??? I really go back to my pre pregnancy weight, even slimmer, under 45kg. Ha ha. No need slimming center. My boy is my slimming class xi fu.
happy.gif

koala, really nice to hear from u!
happy.gif
do come in more often to chat! so fast ur boy is one liow! haha...seems only not long ago we going through all the jabs!

hope santa will be generous with his gifts!!!!

Dawn

Your twins are very cute and really made me think where are my 2 other embroys... hee hee.. You went back to work liao? Who is taking are of them?

Koala, yes i went back to work liow after being a SAHM for 9 months. really missed those days! My mum n mil comes on alternate days to my house to take care of the twins with the help of my maid.
haha...i also got think of my first ivf embryos which also "disappear"...plus another 9 more in the freezer leh!!! wonder if they all become my children....what will be their characters/personality. even with my twins, they r so different. heee hee....u working too?

Hi, Dawn

You must miss you bao bei loh.. but nine months not bad already, at least your work is allow you to take more leave. Me back to work on 2 months after giving birth.

Ya, I am working all the while, thought want to stop at IVF time cause my boss really gave me a lot of hard time, but just tahan tahan cos of the merternity leave. So, work until now, ha ha.

Btw, I have replied your p.m. too.

koala, surprisingly, i din miss them as much as i tot i would/or pple tell me i would when i returned to work. only, once in awhile at work, i will think of them...bad mummy hor?

haha, but probably i really spent alot of time with them those 9 months, so more than ready to return to work liow. haha...i remembered when they v small, 2 to 4 months, even when i go for 1 to 2 hours grocery shopping i will miss them badly, wondering if they r ok and also feeling v guilty to be out of the house, leaving them to others.

so u still with the same boss? after all the hard time he gave u, he nicer now? i think a lot of employers still dun understand what women r going through during ivf journey.

Thanks for ur PM reply, hee hee.

Dawn

Hee, me also a bad mummy, some times I find my boy very noisy and told my colleague I prefer to go to work. Me worst, rite? Luckily, my hb is that type of good daddy, will pat him sleep and feed him milk, so that me won't feel so tired.

Ya, still the same boss, I din tell him abt the IVF, just told him I need to have a lap. so get to rest for my 2WW. Of course ppl in office suspected already lah. Then after pregnant, rest for another 2 weeks again, then he ask for a letter from my gynae to justify my condition, so bad. Luckily Dr Loh has help me to issue a letter said I was having high risk pregnancy.

koala, no lah, we not bad mummies lah, we r lucky to have pple taking care of them so that our minds r at ease. at least ur hubby good, hands on type, mine is hands off type. he v scared of babies crying, that will render him helpless. oni recently they r bigger, he started to get more involved as i think his fear slowly dissolving....hahah. yah, agree that

Jeni,

Congrats! Really envious of u guys - got your 2nd child either thru FET (Jeni, Rae) or natural (hui,Jolene). I will not go thru another fresh cycle, nor do I think I will be pregnant naturally, due to the various obstacles(age, physical, emotion, spouse relationship), plus not even trying hard :p

Okay, sad thoughts of mine aside, I am still proud of u people
happy.gif

Stacy,
yes, have not had good appetite, feel nausea...
also, cramps and slight brownish discharge... I am quite worry... but I can't possibly not carry my son as he is very clingy to me... will see dr loh this friday and see how... maybe even see him earlier to have a booster jab
sad.gif

Jeni,
Take care! Is Dr Loh back from his holiday? Have booster jab early is better .Yeah! I understand child can be very clingy and hard to reject carrying him or he will cry. Anyone can help for the time being and the person must be someone he also likes being carried?

jeni, try to rest as much as possible, can ask hubby or ur mum to help out these few weeks? take care yah?

happy.gif
update on twins: 10months
1988982.jpg

they have not been putting on weight for the past 2 to 3 months...
sad.gif
v worrying...cos their milk intake is stuck at 120ml to 150ml only, they refuse to take anymore milk...*sigh* anybody went through this phase?

dawn,

Did u use Picassa to do the picture collage ? at 10mths they cannot rely on milk alone. Try to introduce a variety of solids. My girl doesnt like porridge so i gave her rice fr quite young..Introducing solids need a lot of patience I agree ;p

Yes Picassa. They do take solids quite well with variety of food, just milk they refuse to take. i feel milk still quite critical in helping them gain weight...but they just dun like it.

Hi Dawn,
Are your babies at IKEA? Look at the backdrop. They must be having fun touching the plush toys.I like to bring my boy to Ikea Tampines..
It is normal that bb dun put on weight after 9mths as they become more active at this stage, unlike in the first 6 mths, every month there is a KG weight gain. My baby also had this milk feeding problem before, so I tried to introduce different types of solid food and will tends to eat more then drink less.Yeah ! forgot tomention I change brand of the milk for him , already 3-4 brands to test which is his favourite.

Congrats Jeni!!!
happy.gif
better take care leh
happy.gif

my boy oso dun like milk since very young so when he was 5mths or so, we tried to feed him some cereals and he loves it so much that he's still eating now. But of cos, he's older, we gave him porridge, noodles, etcetc....... mix the cereals with milk, at least they take in some milk too
happy.gif

stacy, thanks, so after testing 3 to 4 brands, which one did ur son choose in the end?

Rae, yah...i guess have to hide the milk in some way in their food. ;) when can we start giving them fresh milk with cereals/cheerios? 1 year old?

stacy,
happy.gif
din read ur qn earlier...yes u r v observant, it is IKEA at Tampines...enjoying themselves...v baby frenly place. haha...so we go there often...maybe will bump into u? hee hee

Hi Dawn,
My son is taking Enfragrow, from S26 to Similac to Friso to Mamil... When he had the milk problem, I search sgmotherhood for answer and happened to read one posting mention abt changing brand to suit him so I tried this method..Luckily It works on him. I like Ikea Tmapines bcos of the free parking, can stay longer.
happy.gif

Jeni,
Have you been for consultation? How are you now? Long time din hear from you. Take Care

Stacy, my kids r taking Enfapro, used to be taking Nan1 and Enfalac...hmmm...maybe will try other milk powder as they r reaching 1 year old soon.

Merry Xmas Mummies!

Rae, i guess u must have given birth and had an early xmas present liow! waiting for ur pics n birth story!

Merry X'mas ladies,
haven't been able to log in as I have no internet access.
I have seen Dr Loh and this time round, I am going to have singleton again. Whether boy or girl, I will still close shop after my 2nd child.

This time, the nausea is bad and it is affecting me
sad.gif
Anyway, I am counting my blessing nevetheless and hope that my 2nd child is healthy and normal... a happy child
happy.gif

Jeni, congrats on your singleton.
happy.gif
yes a healthy baby is the most impt...just hold on, the MS should go away soon....how many weeks r u now?

Dawn and Stacy,
I am only coming to 7 weeks this Monday.
I have been staining on off and this, together with the MS, are driving me crazy as it really affects my patience to take care of my toddler...worried about this and that
sad.gif

Anyway, I'll just cross my fingers for the MS to just disappear so that I can be a better mom for both my kids...
happy.gif

Jeni, rest whenever u can. I do understand how u feel i had bleeding/staining throughout my 1st trimester, even went 24hr clinic twice cos sudden gush of bleeding.
sad.gif
can ask ur parents to help out this period? take care...

Dawn,
it's that day of the year again!!!
was pretty upset of some leave issues at my work place!
Anyway, just to update you ladies, my bleeding has stopped so far, no cramps. So, I am crossing my fingers till I meet my jr jr on the 9th. Wish me luck!

Dear mummies,

Happy 2009 too!

dawn,

I think Rae must have given birth. Maybe I can checkout her facebook to see if it sheds any light. Now hui is also very 'quiet', i guess coping with 2 is really not easy.

Jeni, why only just beginning of year your workplace got prob with your leave? walk less ok and sit down to teach as much as possible.

stumbledby, i guess so too. having a new baby with a toddler is not easy...hope they r coping well.

dawn,
I was told that I have taken a lot of leave last year but c'mon, they seem to think that our children seem to fall sick only 5 days a year, not to mention that sometimes, we need to take the leave as the care giver is sick or out of action. On top of that, I also fell sick. So, with the mc and blah blah, I was told that I have taken too many leaves.

As for walk less, all the classes that I am supposed to teach are on the 3rd level even though I have clearly stated in the request form that I will be trying IVF again in Dec and that if it is successful, the pregnancy will be a relatively unstable one as it is 'artificial'. So u see.... even if I approach them, they will probably tell you school needs come first or worse still, you will have egg in your face if they tell you why should I be given any special treatment, I am not the only one pregnant in thie world.
Haiz, so now, even though I am still staining quite badly, I have not taken 1 day mc due to all these shit. I have to be very mindful although the leave is my entitlement.
Yesterday, I was staining quite badly, like having menses, so I rushed down to KK 24hr clinic. The dr there gave me one day mc for Monday, I am still comtemplating whether to rest at home or go to school as I have 1 important meeting. See the kind of shit I have to think about now??? I feel quite lousy this time round with all the things going on and the nausea etc...
sad.gif

Back