IVF Mummies

hui,

guide her mouth. she doesnt have teeth so technically speaking can't bite right ? There is one group for breastfeeding support I heard its very good, www.lalecheleague.net. I only knew about them AFTER i stopped bf. OR call lactation consultant. That time i called all other breastfeeding support groups, lactation consultants until I think they scare of me. haha

So is your labour much easier this time round since your 2 births are quite close to each other.

Rae,

How tall is your son ? I heard 2 years old age x2 will be the child's adult height.

Hi Dawn,
Due is on 23rd Jan, just a few days before CNY. Well i guess should be a week earlier... Can't eat all the new year goodies hee.

2nd pregnancy is much tougher cos still have to take care of my 17 months old daughter. Have to play with her on the floor and now really have difficulty standing up. Than now she is learning to walk so got to bend a bit. Than still have to carry her, really tire. Another 3 months to go. After will be really busy again.

Rae,
Wow, Christmas baby is good. Must be counting down now. 8 weeks to go.

Rae,
Jovial sayang his meimei
happy.gif

Stumbled by,
i try.. thanks for the info..i intend to Bf till 1 omnth nia :D

Dawn,
They were asked to follow wat their mother told them to do like hang clothing,wear diaper or making milk...stuffs like that.
I was very impressed with one of the bb gal for this week show. She is only 19months old but can recongise A & 1 when they show her the number. She also know how to seperate diff colour mashmallow...

Rae,
Ya..my boy looks big size & tall too...he can look like a 3-4 year old kid but when he walk & start talking in bb language, aiya...can tell he is under 2...hehe...until now he still walk very bouncy just like he is doing a brisk jogging...

hui,

Y u intend to bf for 1 month only? Should try longer...better for your gal too....after 1 month, supply will come in very regular & easier to feed. Sometime I feel like stop giving my son bm but see the way he is enjoying it, I gave up the thought....bu ren xin lor...

Hi Chris,
IVM seem quite good....would like to know more abt it...do tell us more after your visit to the clinic.

jolene,

totally understand abt looking after ur 1st kid while pregnant with 2nd child. but for me, my boy started walking at 11mths so still ok but like us to carry him sometimes
sad.gif
i ct sit on the floor now as difficult to stand up so if poss, i will sit on a small plastic stool...... my legs started to ache too.did not frrl the ache when pregnant with 1st child..... my boy oso arrived few days b4 CNY so lotsa goodies cannot eat but do rem to have ur reunion dinner early
happy.gif
ur last good meal b4 u deliver
happy.gif

stumbled_by,

last check-up in late Aug, his height is 84cm.... tink norm bah? and hey, if x2, it's really close to my hubby's height
happy.gif

hui,

nice to hear Jovial sayang his meimei
happy.gif
hope mine sayang his didi
happy.gif

LY,

agreed, some of the kids know As from 1s and tell the difference in colours.... whereas mine.... show no interest and still in bb lang
sad.gif

Best of luck, Chris
happy.gif

Rae,
Robeez is one of the good brands to get and I know from one of the forum that you can get it at Tanglin Mall. There's another one known as Tip Toey Joey. You can get that at GWC, (Motherwork or something).
Clark and Combi are not bad too.
I also let my boy wear Crocs sandals. They are very light and airy. Hope this helps.

Stacy, I hope you are alright now. I am moving into the so called 2nd stage of medication and pretty soon, I will have to go for another round of blood tests as well as scanning to determine the thickness of the lining before they thaw the embies and do the ET. Hopefully everything goes well. Don't worry, I am sure you will join me soon. You just take care of your health at the moment, ok? Jia you, Jia you!

Jeni,
I'm okay. Think can only do it next year. You mentioned another round of blood test.What's that for? Must keep us update okay?
Good luck to you.

Jeni, jia you jia you, all the best!
happy.gif

when do the kids start wearing shoes har? after 1 year old?

Stacy,
next year is just about less than 2 months away. Don't be too affected by it ok? I am sure we'll be doing this together again soon, if we are both lucky
happy.gif

Yup. Have to go down to KKIVF for blood test to check whether I still have the rubella immunity or not, HIV and blah blah blah, like the ones we had before as the results from last time, the valid period is only 1 year.
I will be going down for scanning on the 18th to check the lining, get mediations etc. Hopefully everything goes well and my only 3 embies can thaw successfully and multiply!

Dawn, thank you!
I let my boy wear his shoes when he turned 1. However before that, if you want them to wear shoes, Clark actually does carry shoes for infant who ls learning to crawl etc...
Anyway, both my hubby and I agree that barefeet is the best for their little growing feet until they start to walk.

dawn,

u shd let your children wear shoes when they are going out, don care if they know how to walk or not. i find once it becomes a habit, it will be easier for them to put on shoes once they know how to walk.

Rae,

I just buy any kind of shoe, but usually those open toed ones, cos can last longer. but mine is gal lar..heehee. 84cm at 1.5 years old shd be relatively okie. My girl at 1.5 years old thankfully was not 84cm but she's catching up
sad.gif
I hope she just remain an average height lady not tall one :p I think for you, boy tall is okay. 'No harm'...haha..

Rae/LY,

Do your boys run around like mad when outside ? Mine now run alot and worst, go and touch the merchandise in shops etc, I have to literally play catching with her. So i avoid bringing her to malls now.

hui,

no...every 6 to 9 hrs pump once is definitely not enough. Last time i pump every 3 hours (night time less frequent) also resulted in a lot of problems, such as blocked ducts etc, cos the milk not empty regularly.

Jolene,

Cheryl cant walk yet ?

Hui,
Your pumping interval is too long liao...last time i remember every 2-3 hours I will pump out.I also never latch on. No one to help u to look after the kids?

Stumbled by, Mine is the same as yours...hehehe...touch every things he see on the shell, so we will straped him to pram most of the time, only let him walk around when we are so-call ready to play the catching game with him...If we are tired will let him sit on rides, that can keep him occupy for at least 20 mins or so.

I also preferred sandal for ryan cos his feet very big & fleshy. brought 1 covered shoe for him but hardly wear. So far, i find this winnie the pooh scandal very good lor....brought from OG.

Rae,
oh I am abit worry liao...izzit IVF babies dun like to learn things har...??? hahaha....I got hard time teaching him ABC & 123 leh... But hor he learn other stuffs very fast lor...those things that irriates me...

Hi Stumble by,
She is one of the slowest.... Now only start cruising around tables.. I guess another 1 month should be able to. We are now forcing her to walk and guess when ever we hold one hand and she will refuse to walk. Have to gentle put one finger for her to hold the other hand than she will walk.Very lazy or rather she is taking her own sweet time.

Rae,
Ya, I must eat more before deliver else during confinement cannot enjoy those goodies... .
You are now counting down huh. Excited right..

dawn,
we start to let him wear shoes when he's 1YO and b4, will be socks.... mil said to let him hv the habit that wearing socks means gg out. and at home, try to let him wear shoes to get use to it b4 venture outside.

stumbled_by,
we bgt open-toes sandals too, slightly bigger size to last longer..... hehhehe.... he likes open-sandals too cos he can flex his toes
happy.gif
but need to have norm shoes for formal occassion.... looks presentable...
happy.gif
nowadays, girls r quite tall vs boys but it's all in the genes.... my boy likes to run ard in shops & he likes his freedom, as if he is confined to hse all day
sad.gif
mil brought him to neighbourhood shops twice a day, guess he is sian already. when he runs, we will try to catch him so that he will not accidentally touch & sweep merchanise onto the floor.... no $$$ to pay
sad.gif

LY,
tt time, i try to pump every 3-4hrs oso not enough bf till i gave up after <2mths..... hope this time, i can preserve..... i think for IVF bb, it varies cos i heard of some IVF kids are quite smart. maybe they will take time??? hopefully they hv no probs catching up in class etc.... :S but my boy likes to "read" newspaper, mags and books......it's a habit we noticed since young, he will spread out the newspaper, Giant flyers etc on the floor and "read" from 1 page to another and flip over. sometimes, we purposely placed it upside down, he knows and turn it upright again. till now, we dun no if he knows what's his "reading".... LOL

Jolene,
yes, hv more b4 deliver but not too much.... else difficult to deliver..... hehehe.... yes, counting down and ct wait :p

Rae,
My boy also same, like to flip newspaper, magazine &amp; books, but dunno wat he is looking at...
the initial stage of expressing may seem less, but after 1 month, the flow will slowly increase. So must really Jia You....Dun give up...

my boy likes to flip n 'read' (n also tear) newspapers/advert/flyers. my gal prefers books.
happy.gif
v farnee watching them read.

I think sometimes if too tired, really can't pump 3 or 4 hours is ok. better than being stressed out n tired out, stress will also lower supply.
happy.gif
as long got give them BM, we have done our best liow. if i have a baby again, I will want to Bfeed him/her more and latch whenever possible, instead of relying in the pump.

thanks for the tips on shoes....they r wearing socks or shoe-like socks when they going out. so far they ok. i juz v tempted to buy shoes(some from the BP looks so cute), so wonder if i m too kiasu.

LY/Rae,

At least Ryan still wants to sit in pram. My girl just refuses to sit in pram/high chair etc cos she really run here and there until I give up. Last Sat brot her out to mall but within 1 hour we headed home..so bad already. I think now can only go to park/open places, cos in the park u wun care of her running here and there :p

I read IVF bb are smart leh, cos of 'special selection' by embryologist to choose fastest sperm etc. My girl also not that smart. but she can recognise A,B,C and 1,2,3. She recognises her name too. When we say nursery rthymes to her, she can complete the last word in some sentences. SHe likes books but her attention span is short, but can watch DVD for close to an hour, few times a day :p

Jolene,

Is Cheryl 18months already ? Cos if u go for PD or poly checkup, by 18months they will ask if child can climb stairs with support(like hold on to railings etc). I think maybe like what u said earlier, your MIL is too protective. U really need to force her to walk..

Stumbled by,
In IVF,the embryologist need to select more than 1 sperm leh to fertilize so many eggs in 1 go so maybe some of the sperms selected may not be superior than others, &amp; who know our child may come from which sperm...haha...this is my imagination lah...

wow, 3 of our boys like to "read"..... LOL my mil always said he seems to know a lot of words.....

dawn,
yes, lately, he likes to tear mags/papers etc too.....
sad.gif
ya man, so tired that sometimes wish he can sleep longer....stress is another factor tt decrease BM, think i had both previously....

stumbled_by,
so far, we hv not bring him to park..... not sure if he can take the hot sun... n now rain...

btw, there's a carnival this weekend at Orchid Country Club and admission is free: www.ufamily.org.sg

Dawn,
I am currently in the mist of my FET. I am curently on Progynova and am due to go down to KKIVF for scanning on the 18th. I was told by the nurse that I have to do some blood tests as well. May I know what will come after the Progynova and scanning so that I can have some mental preparation? By the way, I saw from one of the postings that the insurance for putting in 2 embryos and 3 embryos differ a lot! Is it really true?

Jeni, I can't remember the procedures liow...last time I used to be so sure about all the drugs names and every step. i oni remembered taking lucrin jabs, maybe got also other jabs ba...then when the lining is correct thickness they will request us to come back for ET.

yes insurance for 3 embryo is very much more than 2 embryo...think $500+ versus $100+ cos it is much riskier carrying triplets, so higher chances of babies being prematured and also needing to stay in ICU which the insurance company need to pay for us lor.

I've already done my day surgery, hope it can increase my chance of success.
Jeni, I remember the nurse told me insurance premium has increase, not like yr 2006.Transfer of 3 embryo cost about $600++ if not wrong. I tot FET is much more easy. Why so many blood test, injections..?I really hate all these
sad.gif

stacy, jia you! what blood test and injections u need to do? think it is still less than a fresh cycle right? you can do it one!

Stacy,
the blood tests are to test for HIV, Rubella etc. The ones we took before only lasted 1 year. Hence, we'll have to take the tests again. I checked with KKIVF, the insurance premium is $700+ for putting in 3 embies.
sad.gif

Stacy,
I have gone for the blood tests and the scaning yesterday. I am ready for the ET on Saturday as my lining is about 12mm. The sonographer said it has to be at least 8mm. I will continue to take Progynova and this time round, I will have to insert a pessary into either the vaginal or rectum starting tomorrow until the 17th day is over. I do not need to have any jab at the moment. Pray for me, ok? The embies need to survive the thaw first and I only have 3.

Ladies,
the insurance for 3 embies is now $711!!

Hi Jeni,
Will pray for you and embies for sure. Hope to join you soon. I will be seeing Dr Loh again to discuss when I can go for transfer. BTW, would like to know know what medicine you take to induce menses ( as my menses has been irregular), when we need to take it before transfer?
**********GOOD LUCK BUDDY**************
keep us posted.

Stacy,
I cannot remember the name of the medicine that I took to induce the mense but if you are not particular about when to have the FET, then probably you won't even need it as you can wait till your mense come and then take progynova, which is the medication that helps to prepare your womb for the ET. You can check with Dr Loh. This is just my speculation, I am not sure about it. All in all, I have used up almost a month with the medication before I am ready for the ET.

all the best, jeni
happy.gif
wow, quite a huge increase!!! lucky i did it slightly earlier this yr... else, very xiong.....

Stacy,
I just had my ET this morning. All my 3 embies thawed successfully but their grades are not as good as before as some of their cells degenerated due to the freezing and thawing process. However, they still have about 2 cells each and they are multiplying. So, to the IVF team, they have thawed successfully.
I will know the outcome on the 9th of Dec. Now is the torturous waiting... Meanwhile, I will have to carry on taking the progynova and put in pessary known as cyclogest. No jab, thank God.

Medication - $200 plus
FET - $1500
Both claimable from Medisave

Insurance - 3 embies ($712)

Hope all these infor are helpful to you.

Jiayou Jeni.Wow!Your 3 survived.Higher chance leh. Any photo of the embies given to you like last time?The 2ww is indeed long, but this is not your 1st time and I believe you can do lots of things to overcome it. Do you intend to claim medisave?

Jeni, wow 3!!!
happy.gif
jia you jia you, will pray for you for a big fat positive! does the government now pay 50% of the cost of these procedures or is it only limited to ivf?

Stacy,
yah, they gave me a pic like last time and I saw all the three of them. Basically, there's no diff from the ET we had before. But from the pic, I saw some dark patches on them and the embryologist said that those are degenerated cells and she told me not to worry about that as they are multiplying their cells. I'm worried though.
sad.gif

Stumbled by,
thank you but unfortunately, I couldn't stay in bed as long as last time as I have to take care of my son. Have to carry him blah blah blah...
I only got to rest in bed for like 5 to 6 hours on the first day and that's it. A full time mommy again.

Dawn, did your embies have any degenerated cells when you thawed them and did your FET? Mine have some so I'm not sure whether this matters or not
sad.gif

Jeni, when i did my FET, i did a different procedure....mine after thawing was let to develop for another 3 to 4 days into blastocyst, so oni those that can develop into that r tranferred in. oni 2 out of the 11 frozen embies grew to that stage n were put in.

Jeni, how many cells were there in each embie? i suppose when they thaw there will definitely be some cells that will degenerate, just hope that the rest will multiply well. will pray for you!

Jeni,
Yeah hor this time is so different, have to take care of baby at the same time need to rest well. I'm also not sure I can manage when its my turn.

Dawn,
there were about 2 cells each. I am not very positive this time round as I kept exerting myself carry my boy blah blah blah...) and experience cramps that I experienced during my first trimester of my last pregnancy. I have prepared my hubby mentally... will only know the outcome on the 9th. Thanks for your prayer!

LY and Stacy,
yes, my mom and aunty help me to take care of my boy but he is very sticky to me. So, I have no choice but to take care of him most of the time myself. Now, he has just learned to walk on his own without help and it is like new found freedom for him. All the more I have to keep an eye on him before he falls / bangs into something again.

Hi Jeni,
Glad to know your boy starts to walk. Does he allow you to hold his hand? My boy only walk when we assist him, once let go his hand he will crawl on the floor. My boy not sticky to me (sometimes really feel bad), maybe I always scold him.... but he listen to me .
Good Luck! Remember our Santa
1926395.gif
in Yr 2006 will come again to bless you.

Back