IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

pandawife
oh dear lucas warded? what happened?
u take care too! catch cat nap when u travel on the road or sthg.

gan
u spend the day inside the cc with grace? or u left her alone?
my boy today go thru the school gate, already cry.

Happy I spent the day with her but we left when the kids had their nap. Brought her home to nap. I think she is insecure... She refused to be put on bed during nap, wants my mum to carry.

Panda
Hope u are ok... Lucus better now?
I know how it feels when kid warded at hosp... That time my small girl also warded at kkh due to unknown cause.. Her whole body chilling cold.. Feel swollen... Lips and feet turn purple when we saw pd... Pd immediately ask us to go kk a&e.. Thats when my small girl is warded... Its v tiring... Kid sure not used to sleeping at hosp... Parent also cant sleep well... Esp when there are other kids at home to manage...

Hang in there... Bring along home toys for lucus...

Gan
I brought my girl to see pd... Her fever went up to 38.8... Pd suspect its due to gum infection... Cos one area of gum is red and swollen... Probably due to a recent fall... She says if the redness comes back again.. The teeth may be dead.. Need to remove them...
sad.gif

Hai... Hopefully not....

Happy, Lucas is down w croup. Had to b admitted coz he was hv difficulty breathing ..

Gan, now is d virus widespread season leh. So many sick kids when I went to d pd this week. All flu, cough, fever type of virus.

pandawife
yes baby is right, bring home toys. does he have a favourite toy eg bloster or stuff toy to hug to sleep? i pack my boy's bloster and puppy stuff toy to childcare, security toy for him, sthg familiar may help him feel abit better.

gan
oh dear did the teacher see the older kid pushing grace? got say anythg or teach the older kid not to push?
did grace participate in the activities when you with her or she keep coming back to you?

the cc asked me to pack my boy's security toy to school, so that they can use it to pacify him.
plus his favourite raisins & video in case need to activate to pacify him. came in handy first week.
i also pack his biscuits/cereal/apple, in case he refuse the cc food.

Happy, it was not a bad fall, so I just told grace it is ok. She kept wanting to sit on my lap, only warmed up alittle after lunch and played with the other kids for awhile. she was constantly repeating 'mama bao bao' when I tried to ask her sit next t her classmates, so no choice I let her sat on my lap. 2 kids who came class today also cried very badly when their parents drop them off.
For the past week grace has been super sticky, always want me to carry etc , maybe coz. Was with her 24/7 as we went hong kong for a holiday.now I am concern if she is ok when I m not by her side, will let her nap in school tomorrow and see if ok. The only thing my gal surprised me was she self fed herself during lunch. Most of her porridge she fed herself. At that moment, I suddenly felt hey my gal has grown up.

Panda , yes the kids were coughing and having running nose. I realized I have a bottle of childlife vit which I got from dr ang last dec in my fridge. Will give grace the vit, hopefully she will be stronger.

gan
same here, the teacher also said my boy wanted to self feed. that was like the first few days. not sure abt now already coz they never update.

ya my boy is super duper sticky to my hubby since started cc...

Brought all his fav stuff here but he scared of d nurses n even pd! Everytime nurse appears in d room for med, neb or even take temp he sees them start crying Liao. N aft they leave he will b crying for daddy, didi or meimei. Haiz... Really heartbreaking. He cry until i also wanna cry ..

This evening pd told my Hb she might discharge him tmr since he is not coping well w staying here. KeeP crying also not good for his condition .. ;(

I can't imagine if all this happens if I go back to work when they r at cc!! Hv to work, tc sick kiddo n stay up all night .. Oso dunno how to cope.. Hb says we will deal w it when it happens. But I can't help worrying...

Gan, side track abit, grace look so sweet in d cambridge uniform. Like a little big girl Liao! ;)

Pandawife
Virus very potent, just arrived and I'm sick, fever cough and flu! Weather very hot...cannot tahan. When the time comes for cc, see how, definitely will be taxing. For my #2, I won't put him in cc yet, will wait till 3-4. Don't want him to go through what #1 went through, cos when they are older, they adapt very easily, like those kids in my #1 preschool attending cc for the 1st time, some were really cool din even cry on the 1st day when the parents drop then.

Bubbly, yes! Lotsa pple unwell here. Docs smiling their way to the bank. Keke..
If I hv a choice I don't wanna put them in cc too. But I can't handle all 3 myself, hv so much maid problems n also financially too taxing for Hb to b supporting so many of us long term.
sad.gif

Just faith, the last few days he lived on plain water n yogurt melts n crying ;(

Happy how do you say bye to your boy whe u drop him off school? A quick one? And just go even when he us crying? My gal is doing 1/2 day school now.. As she refused to sleep in class and I felt will be too overwhelming if I start her full day immediately. She is starting ti have separation anxiety, constantly wants me t carry when she sees me, Wakes up 5 am to be koala and when I bring her home to nap, she clings on to my grandma during nap and refused to be put down.

Panda, how is Lucas now? Hope he is better

Pandawife
Yah, u have 3, different set of problems. But my SIL, like u went back to work after having 4 kids, in the end she work only 1 year and quit, cos she said, no time to cook, have to rely on outside food on weekdays, after work still have to do housework, but she din have maid lah. In the end, she said also not much savings, plus less time with the kids, so she decided to throw towel.
Now is taxing when the kids are young, when they get older, they will behave better...fingers crossed.
But who knows it may work well for you, can only go with the flow and see how.

Gan
Last time when I drop my #1, I just said bye quickly and left her crying. But she settled quickly when the teachers pacified her, cos I stood outside to peep. I felt that the longer I stayed the more manja she is. First week, she went back during nap time, 2nd week onwards, I started her full day. She not used to napping there so some days when she is tired she will nap, otherwise she just sit with the teachers or play by herself while other kids slept, the teachers won't force them to sleep.

Bubbly today I left her in the morning with the teachers. But peep at her from behind the bushes when she is having outdoor play. Dunno why I started crying when I see her like very lost, standing and watching other kids play. My gal is a happy baby. Seeing her without a smile standing there, I very heartpain.
I think I will do a month of 1/2 day for her, if ok then full day.

Gan
Everything is new to her, so the younger ones will observe what the older kids do, sooner or later they will do the same, they learn by observing others. Just that in cc they won't have the 1-on-1 attention given unlike at home, I think that is what hurts, if they dont fuss, teachers don't care. We just got to get used to it.

My girl took antibiotic Augmentin since monday... Yday started to have loose stools.. 2 times yday and 2 times today... Today also started to have body rash... I read up the net says these are side effects... Do u think i should stop the antibiotic till i can contact my pd? Or i should continue to give as antibiotic needs to run full course?

baby
loose stools is common. give probiotics to counter.
rash is a bit more questionable.

contact yr pd tmrw lor before u give the morn dose

Grumpus
Thanks for replying..

Thats what i tot too... Call my pd befor giving morning dose.. But the thing is my pd clinic no is so hard to get thru.. Can call the whole day and no one picks up... So i dont know should i continue to give or stop completely till i can get hold of pd.

Loose stools is common when taking antibiotic? So its not a concern is it? Last time when my girls took antibiotic didnt have loose stools...

Body rash is it a sign of med allergy? U think pd will say continue the med and just take med to counter the rash?

baby,
yup loose stools is very common when taking antibiotic especially augmentin. depends on the severity of the loose stools. if can somewhat control with probiotics usually pd will say to continue.

i'm not so sure abt the rash though. usually rash is a sign of allergy. i really dunno what the pd will advise.

that time my elder girl took augmentin she had vomitting side effect. always half hr after taking med she will vomit. i also called and called the pd to ask them what to do. in the end we changed another antibiotic and my hb had to rush down to collect the new med.

Baby could d rash b roseola? My trio all had such rashes after high fever. It's known as fake measles. No cure one. Just hv to let it blow over type.

Panda
U r right... Its roseola... Just saw pd... Says it will stay for 5 days... Gave us itch med for relieve.. That explains why my girl was so cranky and whiny for the whole day yday... Dr says it will be for the next few days.. Also no appetite for food.

Pd says roseola will happen once or twice in childhood.. If happens too often must get it checked as its not usual...

Hows yr boy now? Discharged?

baby, my eldest boy got it 2x. PD says coz his immunity is low after falling sick n gut not mature enuff.. so it recur from foods allergy instead...

he discharged.. PD says he is crying too much in hosp..let me bring him home continue the med n neb. now i hv 3 cranky whiny tods at home... haiz.. can go crazy smtimes...

dress ur girl light n keep her cool... yes they will b v uncomfortable.. so bear w the crankiness..

gan
sorry for late reply, started work, so bz, always meetgs into lunch hrs..sighhh
when we reach school, after sign in, my hubby will carry my boy, give a hug and tell him teacher will take care of him & we will come pick him evening, then hand him over to teacher to carry.
but as soon as my hubby carry him, he already know he is gonna leave him there, so start crying liao. he will struggle as we pass him to teacher to carry, crying, but we just hv to quick go off. the teacher will carry him away to distract him with other thgs so that he dont see us. we also leave the school immediately.

last few days, he already start crying when reach school gate. coz he is starting to know. guess no choice, the teacher keep telling us to keep the goodbye short and sweet. yup i also cry the first wk when see him so poor thg, tats when i also qn myself if i shd work or not.
subsequent wk u will be stronger.

now my hubby brings my boy to and back frm school. he is now super duper sticky to him, dont really come to me which is also heartpain
sad.gif
sighhh again i wonder if i shd be workg..

happyhippo, gan
it's part of letting go n letting ur kids grow up.
whether its cc or kindy or even if u dun send ur kids to sch until p1, it's something we as mothers hv to go through.
even my elder girl until now i still feel sad at times if I hv to push her to a new experience or push her to do something independently n she gives me the scared n lost look.

but I always remind myself that our ultimate goal as mothers is not to always shelter n protect them but also teach them to be confident, independent n self sufficient. and I take pride in seeing my little girl grow up n mature into confident responsible little girl.

grumpus
thks so much!

gan
my boy also dont play with the kids much, teacher say he just sit and observe. think he is better now and my hubby also observe that the older kids seems to take care of him also. some signs of him settling in.
my boy managed to sleep at cc coz he was tired after all the crying and he wakes up ard 6am, so thats a long stretch, so shd be sleepy by nap time. initially he slept only 1 hr or so, now somedays can sleep 2 hrs.
how's your gal?

Grumpus, thanks. U right, my biggest wish is for my gal to be independent and confident.

Happy, my gal seems to understand wearing the uniform means going to school. I always explain to her she will go to school and we will pick her up later to go grandparents' house when I help her wear her uniform in the morning. It's my usual'chit chat' with her...I dun expect her to understand why she goes school. This morning we need to bring her for jab at kkh, so we turned into sinaran to send my maid to my parent's place first and grace pointed in the direction of the cc when we go pass n go 'aye aye'. Guess she associated uniform with school. After her jab, I dropped her at the cc, as usual she goes 'bao bao' but her teacher was quick t distract her, so I said a quick bye and told her I am going t work and left. When we picked her up after lunch, she was playing with the toys and seemed ok. Asked the teachers if she cried, the teacher said she cried only because she saw the
Later n her thigh where she had injection and told her teacher 'tong tong' and started crying. But she is definitely very sticky to me now. Always wants me to carry, carry her to sleep at night when I put her in bed, wants me to bathe her etc. Guess still insecure.

Good that ur boy's older classmates take care of him. Yesterday a gal in class scratched another boy's face! I guess as both our kids are only child, it will be good that they can mixed with other kids, else they only have us to play with. Having 2 hrs nap is good, guess ur boy is settling to the routine. Does he sleep early at night? My gal sleeps at arond 9am now and wakes up between 7 to 730am. My biggest worry is her not eating well as she is a fuss eater. Though the communication book indicated finished all meals, I really dunni if she really finished all.

Grumpus my gal vomited during her dinner... She had her 5 in 1 booster jab and
Chicken pox Jab yesterday . Is vomiting a
After effect of vaccination? Thankz

Panda
How is yr boy now? Hope he is better....
His siblings not affected right? Cos u say u have 3 cranky tods...

My girl is better now.. Rash going off... Not so cranky liao..

Gan
Yr girl getting better?
Is the vomit v bad? Pd only told me may have fever aft jap.. Didnt mention abt vomit...

Btw im starting jg playclub for my girls... Manage to get in for this term... Hope it will be fun!

gan
vomitting is not a usual side effect. further more it's not the first time 5 in 1 n chicken pox jabs so if previously no vomitting shouldn't hv vomitting this time.

observe lor. If more vomiting could be stomach flu or something

Thanks baby and grumpus . She threw out all her dinner. She was cranky in the afternoon, insisted my dad to carry her throughout when she nap, can't put her down. Think not feeling well

Feed her milk before her bedtime, was so worried she will puke again when she gave a big burp, but luckily didn't threw out the milk. No fever. Will observe her.

Baby which days are u going for the play club? My gal enjoyed the plainest very much.

Gan
how's ur girl? vomiting gone off?
my boy did chicken pox jab but no vomit. hvnt done 5in1 booster. so far pd only say side effect for jabs is fever, never heard of vomit. think grumpus is right cld be sthg else.

my boy sleeps ard 9/930pm, wakes up ard 6/7am.
sounds like ur girl dont cry that much, tats very good. lately my boy also stop crying quite fast, so teacher say looks like he is settling in.
ya i take what the teacher update with a pinch of salt. quite doubtful if they really really rembr what each kid does. maybe the first few wks they will pay more attention.
i am sure they will say all positive and make parents feel more at ease leaving kiddos at cc.

Happy, grace seems ok when I put her in bed.

Your boy has breakfast in school? Or u feed him at home? I am letting my gal eat at home at this moment. Next week, another 18 month gal ( born in Jan 2011) will join the group, so she will not be the youngest and guess teacher will pay more attention to the new comer.

Are you settling down at your workplace? Is this ur previous company or new company? There are som changes to my job...not sure it is for the better or worse. Just hope things will be ok.

Gan
The time when my girl vomit that much is when they kana viral stomach flu... With diahearea also... Very bad.. Lasted a week... Cranky and no appetite.. Didnt even want to drink milk... Hope yr girl is fine...

What is plainest? My girls gg on the blingual class on sun.

gan
i feed my boy at home - breakfast(usually bread/pau/noodles) he doesnt eat much, i also give some milk. prefer to feed him brkfast at home coz i saw their breakfast, didnt think they will feed him so patiently every morn.

is my old workplace,mostly new colleagues coz alot of the old ones hv left. although i m also job huntg for my dream part time job :p

Baby, playnest, for babies less than 18mths. Alamak, I also wait list Sunday bilingual play club but they told me no vacancy wor. What time is urs?

Happy, I think like you, also worried they won't feed patiently so I feed her at home.

Gan
Cos i register quite early.. I think about many months back... So manage to get it. I got the 2-4pm session.

Actually yr girl alrdy in cc now, dont really need to go jg.. They can learn in cc... Mine cos still hvt go cc yet so wana let them have some exposure before gg cc nex yr...

Happy, ur boy besides being more sticky to ur hubby, does he wake up frequently at night? My gal since starting this week has been waking up at 5am to be carried. Yesterday n today 10pm also woke up crying looking for me.=(
Think it is separation anxiety but didn't know going to school wld cause her to be so insecure

Gan
Went for the first playclub lesson yday... Overall quite good.. Surprising my girls adapt quite fast. Can walk to the centre of the circle to take the card from the teacher by themselves... Can sit still during snack time and feed themselves...

But i find the chinese session not as good as the english one.. I notice during thr chinese teaching.. Most of the kids and parents dont seem interested... I must say the english teacher is very good.. I enjoyed myself hearing her too...

U got the place for the next term?

Btw, anyone getting the little tikes truck huggies promotion?
Im abit hestitant.. The truck dont seems v fun... Heeee

Gan, my boys stay home w me also keep waking up look for me n hb leh..
sad.gif

PD says its normal at this age will go thru such phases... we just hv to assure them and in time they will outgrow it.

Baby, My girl is on 100% huggies pull-up. Moreover it's $18.95 for XL48, compared to $37.50 for 2 pkts of XL38 for the cupcake promo at CS the last round.

I dropped my girl at PG just now. Went NTUC happily shopping but realised I didn't bring my NTUC link card. So went home empty handed. Lol. I will go again later.

Just Faith, you dont find the pull ups not as absorbant compared to the normal ones? my kids wear pull ups needs more frequent changes... coz they drink alot of water.. d pull ups keep leaking ..

Correction on the huggies prices. It's XL38 for ultra pants and XL48 for huggies ultra (no pants). I am still going ahead to buy. Hehe

panda
u refering to huggies pull ups vs normal huggies? or just pull ups in general.
I'm using the huggies pull ups. it's not bad. but mamy poko pull ups r better

baby
usually during chines segment at jg, kids switch off cos they dun understand! most of the kids r mainly English speaking

Pandawife, Gina also drink lota water. She can finish one Barney Bottle of water during her 1.5hrs PG.... It is absorbent enough. At night, she's wearing pull ups. I dont change until morning. Maybe the cutting not suitable for boys?

Grumpus, I also like mamy poko. But so far, huggies XL cutting suits my 12kg girl most. Huggies promo hard to resist leh..

Back