IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Im not going to cook porridge for two meals a day since both dont really like... Will cook once a day... The other meal will replace by noodle or potato... Waiting for the day they can take rice with dishes like us... Then i can no longer cook porridge.. I see porridge till i wana puke.. Heeee

U went out with 3 bbs and 2 maids? Wonder how u able to shop... I cant even walk awhile peacefully without my girls crying... Thats y i dont dare to bring them out myself.. Even with 3 adults and 2 bbs... We cant even shop in peace!!

baby, my kiddos love to go shopping..unless hungry or sleepy they ususally wont cry when outside. super duper angelic one..hahahaha.. yup..me n 2 maids lor..each carrier one bb.. they so happy to go shop for toys.. each grab one toy..but come home fight for each others' toy! faint..
by the time i reach g2000 to buy my hb's shirts..all 3 KO liao..haha..so i can shop without them shouting n yakking away..LOL...

i also see porridge i wanna puke!! my eldest n youngest can eat rice. now need to train my younger boy..then i will feed all rice.. dinner i will mix half porridge half rice ...

nowadays i make the porridge chunky thick n textured. the ingredients in as much or more than the grains used...

Panda
U bot 3 carriers?? I only have one ergo carrier and the pupsik pouch which i longer use.. U dont bring stroller out?
My ones dont like to sit in stroller... Will scream and scream...

So fast yr 2 can eat rice well... Thats good...
Hmm.. Maybe i should also try to mix porridge and rice...
Both can handle chucks well now but not directly.. My small girl only take chunks in her cereal... Like chopped fruits or vege, meat...

U went to causeway pt? No need to take transport just walk right? EAsier.. If i go out must take transport... Mafan...

Gan
I saw purple carrot at ntuc nex...
Hows grace eating now?

Gan
You can get them at NTUC finest. I got mine from Bishan and Thomson Plaza. 2 standard size about $1, so its very reasonable. Its purple instead of the usual orange

Just ordered organic amaranth, turtle black beans and red quinoa from iherb, will try some new recipe this weekend when I receive it. Any mummies try these before?

Baby grace is still ms fussy when it comes to food.=) thank god my helper is very patient in feeding her.....she is still taking porridge but not much and still anti meat. I m also in th process of changing her to gain iq coZ the enfa stag 3 makes her constipated.

Gan
At least she is eating porridge... Thats good... My small girl wont open her mouth if i feed her porridge alone... Must always find ways to make her eat...
Did i try noodle or mee sua?
My small girl love mee sua... Jus now she ate 3/4 bowl... So easy to cook somemore... Just thaw frozen vege stock and throw in chopped spinach, butternut squash cubes and mee sua... Mee sua is v soft so easy for bb to chew and swallow...

Baby which zara u went? I chiong to liat tower after work but didn't see many bb girl clothes leh, only managed to buy a dress for her. But not cheap after discout still $30

Her amount of porridge is very little!! Tried Mee sua, she didn't really like.

Gan
Ya i went to the one at wheelock... I bot jumper dress.. Shorts and cardigan... Cos i bot those that are for 2-3 yrs old.. Since having sale so i bot first.. Some sizes i find its actually quite small... My girls should be able to wear those 2-3 size..
The cardigan aft discount is $19.90... Up is $35.90.. Short is $29.90.. Up at $49.90.. The jumper dress bot at original price at $29.90... I find quite reasonable..

Grace also dont like cereal? Did u try the heinz vanilla custard cereal? Thats my small girl fave cereal... I usually use that to mix her porridge...

baby, my two maids r using those sarong slings. they like it v much coz in indonesia they use this for their own kids.

my place is walking distance to cozway point.. so we just carry a small backpack n the bbs n walk there.

my bbs r also stroller trained, but lately afternoon will rain, so i din use the stroller. if not if heavy rain v mafan ..hv to carry umbrella n push stroller.

berrybaby, the foods u ordered sounds so exotic! do let us know after u try, i m keen to explore new foods/tastes too...
happy.gif

Mummies, please help!

My girl had her 1st dose of MMR last Friday, 6/1/12. Until now, she did not develop any fever. Is it somethig I should be concern of? Does it mean she is not getting the immunity?

Worried mummy.
sad.gif

Just faith, my gal has hers on 27/12, so far no fever too. I guess fever is not a must? Or must have fever??

Baby I tried to let her have porridge for lunch and dinner so that she is getting used to texture food...I still need to blend broccoli n cauliflower coz Such vege she doesn't eat as finger food or chopped ones..=(

Working wife, the fever is low grade fever? I know she had a slightly higher temp around 37.4 few days after the jab but that is still not fever right?

Baby, daikon is japanese radish. I oso just learnt about this from my friend. It's sweet tasting too..

Going to bring my younger boy to see a tcm doc at Eys today..see if they k help w his night wakings problem. Nancy took her boys to see this doc n their night feedings n wakings seem to hv reduced.. Smtimes I wonder if the crying at night is due to some discomfort ... He oso always scream when he poos..dunno y..the poo not hard at all yet he scream like Kanna abuse when he poos.

V tiring ..so looking forward to the CNY long wkend so tht hb is ard to help me. Everyday at home see the 2 maids makes me sick.

Mummies, how do u child proof ur bedroom door? My bbs love to go n open n close the doors, so worried they will slam their own fingers ....

Hmmm..how come all ur bbs hv mmr jabs already? My pd clinic schedule is 14 mths jab mmr1. 12mths is hep A n 13 mths is pneumococcus 3.

I skip hep A, waiting for aft CNY then go for the pneumococcal jab.

Just noticed the mmr1 includes chicken pox too..

Panda
Where u buy the diakon?

My girls also took their mmr liao leh at 13 mths... I didnt combine the chickenpox cos pd say high chance for high fever that might lead to seizure.. So i separate the japs.. 14 mths chickenpox...

My girls also love to close door so i always keep all my room doors close... U can also get those cute animal design stopper...

Tell u lor... I also at home face my maid till i can go crazy... Super sian... No one at home to chat.. Whole day busy... Face two bbs and a maid.. Always look forward to wkend when my hb at hm to help me...

Not gg to cook porridge today... Let them take a break from porridge... Let them have potato for lunch...

Panda which eys is this? My gal wakes up 430am to 5 am for milk everyday,,llllast night after woke up dun sleep.. I only had 4 hrs of sleep n now having very bad uti keeps going toilet... Makes me even more tired

Gan
Grace sleep thru till 4plus? What time she goes to bed? If she sleep for 8hrs straight without waking up its v good le...
U try to sleep earlier with her so u can catch up on yr sleep too...
My elder also wake up a few times last night... Im so sleepy now... Like a zombie...

grumpus/gan, i m back. the tcm doc said d same as my PD. brain waves too active. hv to try to tune down his evening activities..dont let him get too upset or too excited near bedtime.

the tcm approach is this type of night wakings can "tiao"... he prescribe some herbs powder for him to try for 4 days..next tue go back review..

baby, i bought daikon from cold storage. it looks exactly like the normal radish leh..but the price label says daikon.

your gals eat fresh apricot by itself??? i bought a box from ntuc, v sour leh! gav to my bbs, all make this v sour face..LOL...

i made lentils porridge w veg for lunch... serve a salmon.. my mum came by to help me ..i can hav my lunch in peace while she help me feed my trio w the maids...

u r v good can stay home everyday w bbs n maid. there was one day i so pek chek, i took all of them to United Sq for lunch n shopping. just walk into texas chicken, put bbs in high chair, i order food n eat. LOL.. after tht go crazy shopping for bb stuff there..

gan, i went to the bukit panjang EYS, Dr Chan, he is there every tue n fri. consultation hours 930am-9pm. lunch 1-130, dinner 6-630.. so avoid these hours..

grumpus, what kind of honey should we buy for baby huh? i m thinking of adding abit to their morning cereal see if they wanna eat.. now nobody wanna eat cereals at all....

Panda need to make appointment? Must wait long?

Baby my gal sleeps between 9 to 930pm. On good days she wakes up at 6am for milk. But she usually will go back to sleep after milk but this morning not sure why she is so awake.'hard for me to sleep so early , like last night I was making vege stock. By the time the stock is done and cool to put in fridge, it's already 12am.'need to pack her stuff to bring my mum place too

Panda
I didnt give fresh apricot on its own... I either chop and add into yogurt or i add another type of fruit and make fruit blend...

Ya stay hm everyday drives me crazy sometimes but no choice le... Else bring a maid and two bbs out v mafan for me.. Need to take cab.. Got to keep stroller... Dont knw how...
Where u get the sarong sling for yr maid to sling.. I only have one ergo and a pupsik pouch which i longer use...

Now im preparing their lunch.. Gg to make potato carrot mash with spinach and minced chicken.. Throw in some nectarine pcs to make it more tasty...

Tonight dnr i will try something different... Wont add in all ingredient for porridge.. Just cook plain porridge with vege stock then fry a vege and meat dish.... Like how we adults eat porridge...

Pandawife, try not to give #2 too much activities after dinner. I notice if my girl don't scream / cry too much during day time (ESP after dinner), she sleeps so much better at night. At the most wake up two times nia.

I already gave her MMR1 and Pneumococcal. I haven't decide whether to include chickenpox or not.

Gan, later I will check with PD if it is ok not to develop fever.... Hehe. I worry she didn't get the immunity leh

Gan
She sleep from 9 to 4plus without waking up v good lo...
Maybe cos u sleep late so v tiring... Hai.. Hoping for the day our ones can sleep thru and wake up at 9am... Lol...

Panda
Yr ones can eat porridge well.. Why u wana let them eat cereal? Both my girls love their cereal.. Esp my small girl.. If only she loves her porridge too... :p

Just got my loot from agape.. Spent over $200.. Gosh..
Spent too much lately... Jialat...

Just faith, v hard ..aft bbs hv their dinner n bath, all 3 play together in the play yard so daddy n mummy k eat their dinner. Sure either play until laugh n laugh or toys Kanna snatch cry n cry!

Baby, can't giv porridge for bf mah. For the past one week their bf is fruits n yogurt. My two younger ones don't like bread. Cakes they eat but I don't wanna giv too often coz those buy from outside usually more sweet.

The apricot so sour they don't like. LOoks like mummy hv to eat it. I don't blend fruits anymore. Only use the blender when I make pasta sauce.

Gan, I asked the tcm doc about constipation. He says just giv some honey water will solve the problem..
I went today at 1015am. No q..No need appt just walk in.

Grumpus, thks for the link! Will check it out later n see if anything suitable.

What did u buy from agape? I need to order the shower gel again. Wanna try earth best cereal bar too... Mayb buy somemore alphabet biscuits ..

My bbs napping at my mum hse. Send them here so tht i k go out help hb do banking n also go Ntuc buy pampers. Now got promo.

Mummies ok to let bbs try jackfruit??

Panda
Then add the apricot in their yogurt... Can hide the sour taste..

Ohhh... I dont give cereal for bfast liao... Usually give bread and fruits.. Or yogurt with fruits..
I only give cereal when i have no time to cook.. Or for my small girl when i mix it with porridge.
How abt cooking oats for bfast? Quaker they dont like liao?
Cornflaks or cheerios?

I thk im the only one here still blending fruits.. Haha...
I feel since they have no problem in chewing chunks.. Then should be no harm in blending fruits combi for them.. Cos i dont wana steam fruits anymore.. So harder fruits like apple and pear.. I blend... Only soft fruits like strawberry, blueberry, peach etc i cut into bite sizes for them... And also avocado.. They dont like avocado taste.. So cant give as it is.. Must blend with other fruits...

Ya i also dont like to give cake so often.. V sweet.. This morning give them steam cake for bfast.. And also rasin bread.. Then blend apple and banana for them... This combi quite yucky... Banana better to eat as finger food rather than blend... Hehee..

panda
how abt pancakes for breakfast?
homemade cereal bars? can be made sugar free.
sugar free muffins?

cereal bars n muffins can be made in batches n frozen then thawed when needed

Panda
Pampers promo ah? Whats the price.. The last time i bot is 3 packa for $30 over... I also run out of fitti diaper.. Using pampers at home... Jialat...

I bot calfornia shower gel also... This time i try calendula body wash.. Big bottle.. And bot a small bottle of over tired and cranky body wash... Big bottle of calendula cream... All these v exp mann...
Also bot the Happy promo of $48.. 2 bottles of puffs and 6 packa of melts.. My girls love the melts!
Bot annies ketchup.. Thinking to whip something using it...
It has no artificial flavour or preservative.. Also using sea salt.. So maybe not that harmful? Hehe...
Oh ya also bot organix rasin... 18 boxes... Yr ones still eating?

Cooking plain white and brown rice porridge..
Going to fry french beans and mushrooms with butter and also a egg... Will do without meat for dnr later... They can get protein from egg... Heeee

Panda
How yr ones sleep at yr mum hse? Cot or mattress?
I find it so hard to let them nap at my inlaw hse.. No cot.. And mattress they will roll to the floor... Hmmm...
Been long time since they nap outside... Only strollers when we go out...

grumpus, no energy to make anything..just cook lunch dinner already v stressed..
sad.gif
lately they nap so little.. n getting so active..mummy here cannot keep up...

baby, 3 packs $32+. i stock up fitti whenever i go grocery shopping..the fitti here v fast sold out.. esp on tue when the senior citizen cards get additional discount! my dad always go there on tue n help me buy.

they zzz on mattress..then my 2 maids will sit beside the mattress n watch over them... the mattress is on the floor..

my boys cant sleep in stroller..only my gal ok. if outside hv to carrier or sling them to zzzzz..cannot put down in stroller..once put down they wake up n cry...;(

my sarong slings are both handmedowns leh.. one is from my cousin, one is from just faith!
happy.gif

dinner is rice quinao porridge w mushroom, pumpkin and daikon plus minced chicken.

baby, u still keep ur pupsik huh.. i sold both of mine away .. but i hv two ergos now.. one i use the other my hb using..

v soon cannot carrier them for long liao... getting heavier.. both my boys 10kg already.. walk from my house to my mum's place about 6-7mins i feel the stress...

these 2 days my gal appetite no good...even fruit like not very keen..dunno if teething.. until now she still only has 2 bottom teeth! haha

Panda my gal suddenly have 8 teeth within 2 months n she bites me when I use finger to clean her teeth! Ouch

Baby tired....not good when u r working coz like just now n boring meeting, almost fall asleep, kept yawning

gan, wow! thts v fast! my one still 2 little teeth..haha..but eats everything w those 2 teeth..n chews corn better than the brothers.

oh n my boys always bite my fingers when i clean their teeth! i always tell them if they bite off mummy's fingers nobody cook yummy meals for them liao! haahha

Panda I got 3 packets of the enfa 3 samples n $5 voucher expiring on 28 Jan, can pm me ur address I can send u coz my gal I changed to gain iq for her

Grumpus thanks! I can drop by ur place....u still breastfeeding aly?

This weekend running errands... Is wed afternoon ok with u? If not I can get after the cny break

Panda
Ya lor i still keep my pupsik... Somemore didnt use for v long.. Waste $$... Heeee...

Yr 3 all nap together?? Thats v good... I separate mine even when napping else sure disturb each other...

Just dnr is a success!! First time my small girl eats porridge as it is!! Even my elder who shake her head when give her porridge eats without shaking her head... Now i know the reason.. Both dont like the food all mash up..
And maybe due to the butter taste.. It really fragnant the dish.. Hmmm... Cant use butter everytime right...

Ya cant ergo them v long liao.. Back ache alot when i carrier them... So must let them get used to stroller...

Gan
My girls also both have 8 teeths since i think 10mths old... But they seems slower is accepting chunks hahaha...

Grumpus, I have pm ur my hp number. =)

Panda will mail the stuff out next Monday when I go work.

Baby my galalsoslowin chunk compared to panda's trio...hehehe

baby, wow! thts great! finally ur girls r both eating porridge. i m still mashing everything into one pot...haha..until they protest then i will change..

my trio only nap together in my mum hse.. at home i separate them in 3 rooms to nap. only at night zzzz then put together in one room.

gan, thanks again. no hurry, i still hv stage 2 stock n plan to clear it before changing to stage 3..
happy.gif

my trio probably chews chunks better coz i let them self feed .. i read in a book that bbs who self feed learn to chew first..bbs who r fed learn to swallow before they know how to chew..coz when we feed, we push the food to the back of the mouth.. n when they self feed, they need to chew first..

grumpus, smthing really amazing happened last night. my younger boy only woke up once...n its coz he needed a diaper change. after tht zzz thru the night! he had 2 dose of the herbs powder yesterday.....

Panda maybe I shld bring my gal see tcm for her constipation. Last night was bad... I myself also wants to cry see my baby so xin ku.. She woke up 12am, 1am n 3am straining
To poo.... She was so uncomfie that she kept calling 'mama bao bao' the stool is big so difficult to pass.

Seems like tcm is working for Linus!

Back