IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Bubbybear,
Oh my yes, my elder loves to carry my younger too. Keep telling her she's gonna drop mei mei one day
sad.gif

Grumpus, u r right about the natural yogurt! Only one brand at the cs here has it thts not reduced fats.... Bought a tub to try today....

My bbs finally ate porridge today!!! Even my gal opened her golden mouth for more!
happy.gif

bubblybear, hmm... i wonder how they know or understand the order of birth.... my pd says hv to calm down the brain activities.... then my eldest will b less agressive n younger will b less demanding or fussy.. i also dunno...seems like my trio are more challenging than others... be it feeding or taking care of...

Panda,
Yr bbs r normal la. Just tat u got 3 very different characters n 3 at the same time
happy.gif

Jia you! They always say first 2 yrs r the most difficult. So u're cramming 6 yrs worth of hardship in 2 yrs :p

Grumpus, u r right! the 3 of them can't b anymore different! My mum says I will hv major problems managing them next time ... Now alrEady know how to b jealous n wanna fight for attention...

By the way now they coughing k eat yogurt anot huh? I gv at room tempeRature ...

Alamaks..my gal dun want drink milk now. I was planning to make yogurt smoothie for her tmr...
Looks like I hv to eat the tub I just bought liao

gan
thks! where you buy from?
interesting brand name.. think i just blur with shoes ... coz now then start thinkg of buying shoes hahah... i think my boy will throw his shoes off coz now wear socks also keep pulling it out.

Panda,
Is yr girl having phlegm? U try one time lor, if after tat u hear her cough the phlegm sound thicker than before then better stop.

Gan,
Wahhhhh see Kai run shoes ex wor.

Happy I bot from mother care the first 2 pairs , subsequent bot thru overseas spree, cheaper.

Grumpus I discovered buy from the overseas spree cheaper ... Mothercare ex

grumpus she has alot of phelgm, i better dun give....

how about mango? cough can eat?? i sotong mummy.. i ask PD he says so long as not cold and sour fruits ok....

Panda,
Mango ok. Dun give cold.
Pd always say avoid cold n citrus cos tat will cause bb cough more. But sweet n creamy things tend to make the phlegm thicker. Maybe not scientifically proven but from experience :p

Gan, first time i give mango...later i try then let u know.. self feed... cut into bite sizes...

oso using mango to bake w chicken fillet.. :p

gan, fresh mango self feeding was good. my younger boy had the most.. haha.. the ones gor gor n mei mei drop, he picked up n eat!

i cut the inner parts which are softer for them... small little cubes..they just pick up n eat..

can also use it to make mango yogurt smoothie ..but now they coughing, i din try..shld taste nice too....

Grumpus how do u make potato or sweet potato fries?? Just cut n bake in oven? Need to put oil?? Thks!!
V tempted to make patties for my boy to try..keke ..

Panda,
cut up the sweet potato/potato into strips like fries.
pat dry with paper towel, brush oil and bake. takes abt 15-17mins

for the patties, wat i do is cut up into cubes for my girl to pick up and feed. less mess and if she squishes one it's ok, there's still more
happy.gif

i'm making them again tomorrow. will take photos and video this time.

gave my gal boiled chicken drumstick today. she enjoyed it very much. my hb say like caveman...hahaha

Haha.. Yr Hb is right..my boy oso enjoyed the drum n swing it ard like a caveboy!

Cool! Waiting to see ur video!

Does eating chicken cause phlegm? I wanna make minced chix add to the pasta for my gal, my mum says cough no chicken wor...

Panda,
hmmm yeah i heard before also that cough dun eat chicken. but so far i've never really found it to make cough worse.

Mummies, i previously read that some of u r using the philips avent blender cum steamer. Am considering of buying one but would like to check if it's easy to use n maintain after use ?

Thanks!

Grumpus, thanks for the info! I was supposed to buy friso with my gal y'day. As I was already carrying 10kg rice and 9kg baby, I decided to go back in the evening. Then saw yr post, zoomed down to guardian and ordered 6 tins. So total 9 tins will be delivered. Saved at least $100. Hahaha. Thanks again.

grumpus
chk with u re avocado - if i cut open up but is still abit hard, do u know what is the best way to keep it abit longer to get ripe? thks

Just faith, u steam over gas/slow cooker and mashed the the foodie with just spoon / fork ?. I am contemplating if i should get one as i heard that the avent blender/steamer is gd for use for just a few months.

Day, I m using avent n it's been useful. Even after bb outgrow purees k still blend pasta sauces or yogurt smoothies.. A good 2 in 1 gadget n easy to use n wash.

happy,
wahhh not sure if can still ripen it after cut open cos it will oxidise n turn black very fast.

day,
i steam over the stove n mash with spoon/fork.
gadgets r good if u batch cook n freeze

mummies, sorry i need to air my frustrations!

my parents super spoilt my first maid.. everytime i scold her for the mistakes she makes or not following my instructions they side her.. now this maid refused to listen to me... n i always end up argue w my parents becoz of her!

the reason she is still here is coz she is good w the babies..

i told her a zillion times she has to follow my instructions n do things the way i want, not what my parents tell her! she just refused to listen n pisses me off almost everyday! argh!!!

today she blur thru the day...when i call her or ask her to do smthing, she look at me blankly ... even raining ask her go close windows she just stand there .... i spoke to her n asked her whats her problem... she says too much work... faint... my 2nd maid already here.. her workload reduced by more than half n most of the more manual work r done by the 2nd maid... she basically just help me w bbs, cook lunch n dinner, plus clean bb toys after bb zzzz.. is tht too much work???

and my mum n mil r both here to help until the new maid familiarise .... so the first one only looks after my gal.. the other 2 boys handled by either me or the grannies! my gal is the easiest to handle n does 3 naps a day...

Day, u r right. Mashed with fork/spoon. I usually steam porridge over gas. 1-1.5hrs porridge will be served.

I dun even blend pork or fish

Pandawife, my maid also daydream and blur blur all day long. Sometimes really dunno what she's thinking or missing. Sometimes I can close one eye to her mistakes. But sometimes alot of mistakes all up, I will scold her Jia-lud Jia lud. In fact, I was talking to her last night if she wants to work here or go back agency.

At first she says agency, cause she dun wan to make sir and mam angry. But she go back on her own, need to pay 2 months salary. If I dun wan her, she need to pay one month or something like that. Sometimes, I really wonder if there's upgrading or refresher course for maids. I really dunno how to help her, except close one eye.

just faith, my maid also tells me tht!! ask me send her back coz she dun wanna everyday make me angry!! she can work de...but dunno why over time become like tht.. my hb says tell her, if send her back its not to agency, we will send her back to indonesia..see if she still wants to go!

i told both maids last night, if they cannot help me, i will send all my bbs to IFC n they both go back indonesia! so pissed off... this morning early morning both make mistakes again... my first maid lately everyday forget this forget that, i hv to walk behind her n remind her this n that... otherwise she does all the unimportant chores n the important bb ones she forgets... it makes me wonder if she is doing it deliberately....

panda,
ur maid izzit got family prob bak in indon or comin to yr end, they got something in mind? either they did it on purpose or they simply sotong or something is occupying their mind. just my thought. just be careful, dun let them do any foolish things to u or babies.

panda,
yr hb is right. never let yr maid transfer, always send them back to home country.
alot of maids come here with the thinking tat they get work first then if too difficult they just request to transfer. they always hoping to get expat family with older kids. lots of freedom and good life.

so if u hv to threaten them, tell them to buck up or they will be sent home. and if u really hv to, dun hesitate to buy air tic and send them back.

oh and be careful and watch out wat yr 1st maid tell yr 2nd maid. sometimes yr 2nd maid may actually be ok but if chat too much with the 1st can kenna 'poison'

Grumpus, I like your post.

Pandawife, my maid super hardworking today. Today didn't kena scold. Last night i asked her if she wants to call family. She said yes. So I told her I will top up her card and let her call on Sunday. Last night, she already changed mind - she wants to continue to work and hope I will give chance. So I agreed. So now dunno when she will make another mistake and kena another big one from me.

I always tell maid to be hardworking. Save salary and go back indramayu, dun come back. Singapore not suitable for them. Cannot find another employer like me.

justfaith
thks, yes got zambuk. my mum asked me to use it. shd be safe hor? i just scare my boy when he rub his eyes, he will rub the zambuk, and may get into eyes.
oh dear, will he get a big baluku popping out? any idea how many days will take to heal?

hi mummies,

can anyone advise me? my sis just delievered 6wks ago n has been breastfeedin till now. but yst she starts feeling menses cramp n bleeds, is her menses really coming so soon but thought menses shldnt come when breastfeed?

oso bjorn carrier online buy cheaper? anyone has d site where to buy?

many thanks in advance!!!

Rose,
After yr sis delivered she had lochia right? Then it stopped? How long did it stop before she start feeling menses cramp n bleed again?
When breastfeeding is quite normal off and on uterus contract then u get some bleeding even though it may seem like it stop already. The bleed is heavy or light?
It is possible it is still lochia. Mine dragged very long, almost 10-12 wks until I went to gynae to check n gynae gave me hormone pills to stop the bleeding. Then since then I hv no menses cos still bf.

sorry mummies,
but i need to air my frustration here again. i hate my mother in law, she is really a monster in law. she is damn hypocrite, in front of me, nvr say anything. my husband around, say me do tis dangerous to bb la, that not right la, say nvm, is her tone i cannot stand...as if she is very smart like that. trying to make herself looks good in front of her husband n son, wtf! all day i am d one to take care of my bb, she just play with her for a while, act like she is very helpful. kns! if she is so free, go and discipline her own daughter la. so old liao still act like a kid. basket!!!!!! angry!!!!!!!

Panda
Hows yr two maids now? Got any improvement?

Sigh... Maid=problem.... Never ending problem... But without them also jialat...

baby, u r right.. maid = problem...problems!
now 2 of them, the good part is my mum n mil no obligation to help...they happy happy wanna come n play ok.. not happy dun wanna come oso ok.. i dun hv to depend on them....
the down side is maids hv no brains! everyday i hv to tell them what to do from a-z even though its the same chores everyday ard the same timing... even say everyday they also dun realised it......... smtimes really v frustrating.. n bbs cry they can continue to do their chores..wait for me to call then they stop. no basic initaitive at all..haiz..

Panda
Haiz... What to do... Just got to bite and keep reminding them... My one also give me problems... Always keep those chilled food in the freezer... That day i bot organic tofu... She place it inside freezer... In e end the whole tub bloated.. Got to throw it away... She also place minced chicken inside... Told her ample times only place frozen food inside freezer.. Those soft and cold inside fridge...

Good thing is.. So far no major problem... She still take care my girls quite ok...

U really will place yr bbs in ifc if both maids not up to mark?

Back