IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Rose,

Water can become "poisonous" if u overfeed a baby less than 6 months old. It also affect the milk intake. U can google for information. Water intoxication in infant.

I only gave to my bbs when they started solid, close to 6 months old.

Singapoh how do u sleep train ur twins? My baby can self sooth at night but daytime she can't and will be very cranky when she is oversimulated and tired during the day. Crying badly and we have to carry her to sleep.

Baby
You can try giving abit of cereal when bb is 4+ mths. U will know if they are ready or like it. My friend's bb only accepted solids at 8 mths. I started giving my bb cereal too but only 1 tablespoon for a start.

Working_wife
I started sleep training when bb was about 2.5wks old. Now sleeping is easy, doesn't need to be carried to sleep. He doesn't even want it, cos, sometimes at night wants to carry him for awhile longer before going to bed, he is just cranky, once put him in his bed, he is happy. I feel its easier to train when they are younger when they are too big they already got used to routine, so may be tougher.

Agree with Singapoh, by 3rd day, my bb already know how to self soother.

However, babies eventually know how to self soother but the question is how long are they going to take.

Gan
Your gal don't take rocker ? It works for me.

bubblybear my gal will be playing once we put her in rocker...she will be kicking to make those hanging toys move and would talk to you if you are around. she doesn't sleep in the rocker...she would play till she is tired and get cranky. i even on the vibration on the rocker also no use. rented a swing, also doesn't seem to make her sleepy. similarly she would be kicking and playing away on the swing till she is bored and asked to be carried.
How does ur baby self sooth?
do you need to vote?? =)

Singapoh, ooo...ok dun think i can use that method coz everytime my gal cried badly, really heartpain especially lately she not only cry but also screams. =S

Bubbybear,

Somehow along the way, when my mum came, she carried my boy a lot plus now I got 2 maids. Training went down the drain! My girl still suck thumb to soothe herself but my boy will "waaaaa" :s

Gan,

I was solo with my big son till he was abt 2.5 years old. I didn't carry him much when he cries after checking that he is ok during the day. He doesn't demand to be carried as much as my twins. Also stayed quietly in the stroller for a long period. But he kept waking up for comfort suckling at night till I stopped bf him at 22 months @_@

He co sleep with us till about 3 years old. When we moved to another home, I put him in his room from day 1. At first my maid zzz with him. Now he zzz by himself.

I think it's easier if only 1 baby or if they zzz separately.

singapoh, i guess i carry my gal alot, that is when she cried during the day, i would be running to her bed and carry her up to comfort her. maybe that's why she wants to be carried during the day.
she still wakes up for milk at night, around 12am, 3plus am. sometimes after the 12am feed, she will be wide awake, smiling and talking to you but i would tell her good night, off the light after kissing her. i can hear her sucking the sleeve and slamming her legs on the bed...and after sometime she would fall asleep.

u must be very tired waking up frequently during the 22 months!!

singapoh...can share ur training method?
happy.gif

Gan,

I was a walking zombie for very long. Haha

Pink,

There are steps to follow and my gf taught me the method from the book she read so it's better if u get first hand information from books. There is different guide for different age too.

Rose, can give n take if sound reasonable la.. Bt if use Bb powder or some weird werid practice tt they used to practise 30 over years back then I gt to "educate" them already. If end of the day really alot of disagreements, our alternative will b my own mum.. At least she wks in a hospital so she is more up to date in caring for babies.. For example she kws abt d powder thing n some useful advices she gives me..

Ru, I called magdeline up 4 weeks ago n she can't get a helper for me till now.. She says demands are higher than supply now. In d end I gt mine frm another agency.

Singapoh, u rmb when does Yr tummy become v v big? At which week? Ytd my koligs commented tt mine suddenly become v big but hmmm I dun tink so lei..

rostrum,

wow, ur mum works in hospital bef is best. actually older generation likes to say i brought up my kids this way, oso ok bla bla bla...
my parent in law too excited over bb, esp they stayin with me so no choice i got to give n take, oso cannot say too much coz they r super sensitive n stubborn type. they will not accept other ppl opinion one, last time my cl came oso tak boleh tahan them tat she kept complainin their habits to me. but life really no smooth sailin one, i realise that i cannot keep lookin at their bad points, must see their gd points too, if not, sure 家变 n my husband will end up labelled as unfilial son etc coz d last n only argument with them, they oledi threaten to move back to their old hse n my mil even said d relatives will sure say its d children that forced their parents out. can u imagine? ... so if its reasonably acceptable views on takin care of bb, i can still accept. but d other time my mil said can feed bb honey water, i strongly said back as i knew under 1yrs old cannot take honey. i even told her doc emphasized bef one.

i think if ur mum can take care, better let her do, if not sure will hav prob sooner or later. i hav seen many friends oso face d same prob...my mum got illness n oso my in law stayin with me, if not i sure let my mum takes care coz my mum is super clean type...

Singapoh
That's right...old folks can't stand bb cry. Had that problem with #1 too. Subsequently, with #2, I moved to multi-level home, our bedroom is upstairs and my mum don't like climbing stairs, so she had to tahan bb cry or the cry doesn't sound as loud when the door is closed. Now she thinks the 3 days is worth it.

Gan
During the day, my bb will play in the rocker but can also sleep in the rocker if not on the bed. He will cry when he is sleepy, so will just pick him up for a while and put him down again in the rocker, give him his dummy and rock.

My mum likes to put him in the rocker for sleep as she needs to just use her leg to rock while having her hands free to do other things and bb will go back to sleep quickly. I will have a problem when he outgrows his rocker in a few months, hopefully he will be more 'sensible' then..haha.

Do you use the pacifier ? It helps in soothing as naturally bbs like to suck.

By default, I do not need to vote as I did not live in spore for at least 30 days in the lead up to election.

I think your gal waking at night can't be helped, as her milk intake per feed is low. Have u tried giving her solids ? Sometimes adding some cereal in her last feed can keep them fuller for longer at night, so can get rid of one night feed.

Rose, yes, my mum works in a hospital but cos I can't give her tt much every mth for her salary and if give too little also paiseh, how to make up her salary with no incentives right? She like v much to tk care for me, but cos my in laws open their mouths liao, as the maternal grandma, she can't insist she wanna tk care. But she did tell me she can quit her job anytime to tk care for me one..so I waiting for this side to blow up 1st then I seek her help.

Agree, old ppl are stubborn and always think tt we young ppl dunno anything...if staying together, no choice, got to close both eyes else dh will sure be sandwiched. For me, I really cannot stay with in laws one...v difficult!

My mum also the super clean type...compared to my in laws is really heaven n hell!

Hi rostrum
Since u hv 2 bb, why not let each of them take care one.. Hee.. For me, i very fair... When my son is born, both want take care too so i let in law take care fr mon to wed n my mum fr thurs to fri so that my son is close to both grandparent.. My mum oso quit her job to take care my son part time.. I feel we r fortunte to hv parent helps take care..

Bubbybear,

My MIL also almost ruin my training. 3 days after the training I fell sick so she came over to help me. When I was in my room and when my bb cried, she quickly pick him/her up. :s She said I was so heartless to let them cry. Aiyo she only make me feel bad but heck care la. I already trained them for 3 days can't just give up.

It was easy to train my gal. She soothes herself to zzz and when she wakes up, she plays by herself. Also zzz thru the night.
Not long after that, my Gal went to live with my MIL during the weekday. Only back during weekend.

When my MIL sees my hub carry and rock her, she stopped him! She said dun spoil her! Wahahaha... She said my training is good coz my gal is very guai.

rostrum,

oh, if ur mil is far diff fr ur mum, think u better be mentally prepared...i oledi got a taste of stubborn yaya papaya old ppl talk. esp my parent in law r not educated...lagi worse, u say more, they think u look down on them...but really sometimes the stuff they said all opposite n sala one. :p

bubblybear, my gal doesn't really like the pacifier! i have 4 pacifier at home, avent and NUK, when she is younger she would spit the pacifier out when i put in her mouth. now she will use her hand take the pacifier out. but sometimes when she is cranky during the day, the pacifier does help to calm her abit. she would suck for awhile before spitting it out. Dun think will start the solids so soon as she still can't support herself properly when sitted. moreover the PD didn't suggest starting solids too. so will just tahan another month or so before starting her on cereals.

Gan, I didn't check w my kkh pd on whether to start solid coz I find him simply Bo chap. I jus start w rice cereal when my #1 turned 4 mths. N then I based on his acceptance to increase e amt n texture n started porridge ard 5 1/2 mths

Singapoh - when u used cry it out, how long did yr babies cry? And did u do it every nap? 3 days and they can sleep on their own? Hmm... My babies 4 mths, may take longer to train.

Working wife,

There are steps to follow like how long to let them cry before checking on them. Training is 24/7. 3 days is the minimum length of training

After training, they should be able to zzz on their own

Stb,
What did you add to the porridge when you started feeding your bb at 5.5 mths? I'm very tempted to let my baby take fish porridge at 6 months now but most books say that babies should take high protein food like fish/ meat/ egg yolk from around 8 months onwards. when did you started feeding your bb egg yolk?

Gan,
Is your girl drinking milk well these few day? My boy shows some improvement in drinking. I guess his teeth had cut 2 weeks ago and he's feeling better now. My girl's tooth is cutting soon and she's feeling comfortable now.

Gan,
I mean she's uncomfortable.
Oh I went to the baby gap sale and bought a lot of clothes for my babies. It's really gd buy but have to dig for the clothes. So tempted to get more! I didn't manage to find any jeans/ dress though. Maybe I went too late.

Bing, I started w veggie n minced meat. N I only gv fish at 7-7mths plus...coz I was worry for allergy.

I understand egg yolk fr 9mths. But I hv only started intro it when my son turned 11th mth, n once a week only.

Rose r u robinson card holder? There is a member sale on 11th n 12th may, summer infant video monitor $279 for card holders, usual $399.90.

Bing I think my gal drop in milk intake due to gas not tooth coz PD checked no tooth yet. I m also tempted to go buy more gap clothes!!=p I also didn't see any dresses for 6 to 12 mths. Today brought my gal to gymboree class, quite fun! Singing n exercise for bb

My girl has small little pimples like on the neck.. Looks like heat rash... Its now getting more and more.. Now even the chest area and armpits also have..
I brought her to see gp.. Gp says its fungal infection... I aldry apply the anti fungal cream for a few days but doesnt seems to get better..
Im thkg to bring her go see pd..

Mummies, any experience on this?

gan,
went to c bb video monitor at centrept robinson, d sales said only carry chicco n avent brand. i didnt c summer brand there,but saw at mothercare centrept. where u saw?

baby, my gal had pimple like ard her neck sometime ago, she too chubby, didnt dry or clean her neck properly aft applyin bb lotion ard her neck. end up d rash spreads, i den wash her neck thoroughly durin bath n put johnson bb powder carefully ( incase she inhale) aft pattin dry. gone aft 3 days. not sure if urs d same? think better bring her see pd if worsen.

Rose i saw it in the book which robinson sent to us about items on sale on 11 and 12 may. the baby video monitor is shown in the book.

Rose, my fil is educated n definitely more understanding n he will b d caregiver for my babies wif helper's help. I dun count on mil as she is weak in health. Now will just play by ear first...

Joanne, Its v tiring for us to travel up n dw just to pick d babies fm 2 locations as my pil n mum stay quite far apart n moreover I only gt one helper. V unfair if I put d helper at d other side n the other one dun hv...

Singapoh, did a measurement ytd n my tummy is only 41 inch at week 30 n 2 days..

gan,
thanks big big! saw d pdf at robinsons website. think i will call first to check if d summer video is at raffles city or centrepoint. think d britax car seat oso worth buying, my bb gal seems to be outgrowin d infant car seat in few more months time...

wow, blissful, power leh. think ur bm got liquor...hahaha.
these few days super hot, my ger been sweatin n no choice got to on aircon, if not she cant sleep well at night.

Blissful
How i wish my two girls can be like yr bb...
My girls aldry 5 mths old.. I still have to wake up every 3hrs for feeding.. V shag mann...

Rose
I also dont know what is the rash..
I tried apply powder.. But also no use.. Its like getting more and more...

Rose, baby,
happy.gif

During the day I also on air-con water bill sure increase
sad.gif

Baby, did you apply anything new on them?my gal is sentive to kodomo product gave rash all over her boby.

Baby, my eldest boy start to wake up 3hrly too. Nearly drove me crazy. I started to feed him rice cereal. Yesterday 1 teaspoon, today 2. Quite challenging as compared to feeding milk. Timing must b right, n they must hv patience to sit there slowly eat.
By the way I m using the combi spoon..it's good.

Rose, ur gal so guai. My ones need mdnight feed. Otherwise they will wake up at weird hours. They usually slp before 8pm n previous feed wld b ard 6pm.. I m still waiting for the day they can slp all the way like ur gal!

blissful, i dunno how to keep bbs awake during the day leh.. my ones i noticed wanna sleep every 2-2.5 hrs awake.. n once they r tired..they get v cranky... if i dun pat them to bed..they will cry n cry....

Blissful
Brought my girl to see pd.. We suspect is the j&j top to toe bath wash.. Cos i been using avent from nb till recently... Once i use the j&j.. The rash appear.. My pd says its likely the cause.. Ask me not to save $$.. Haha..

Panda
Ya lor.. Wake up every 3hrs v tiring...
I ask my pd today abt starting cereal.. She ask me not to rush into it... Ask me wait till 6mths cos start early might cause eczema...
I also bought the combi weaning spoon.. Its rubber form.. Got a casing for the spoon... Is yrs the same?
I also bought the combi feeding bowl... Comes with a handle..

Yr bbs know how to sit up on its own unsupported aldry?
Yr bbs know how to flip?

Gan
Today i ask my pd abt the pnecumoccol jap.. My girls had the new pcv13...

Singapoh
We were not brought up this way, so they think we heartless. My mum didn't say I heartless, just keep saying "bb not 1 mth old yet is it ok", but same meaning. Think my bb is also an easier bb compared to my elder one, so training was also easy. When he was few wks old, his cries was not that loud, now he screeches at high pitch if he doesn't get what he wants in record time.

baby
The rash could be many things like eczema or an allergic reaction. Is the patch red or is it just patches of pimply skin ? Does your bb show signs of being unsettled ? If eczema, the most effective is steriod cream, will clear quickly when applied.

Back