IVF Mummies 2018

Your doc is THH? Your transfer is day 3 or 5?

No choice, have to keep trying for the doc to get the right formula for you.

Usually when you fail means it's the embryo issue or lining issue.
Day 3 transfer with NUH
Embryo looks good- 8 cell and lining was 9mm

Would you consider a blastocyst, as in day 5 for transfer? Blastocysts have higher success rates.
Yours is blastocyst?

I am not sure as just follow the doc’s instruction. Maybe can consider? Left with only 2 embryos

Sometimes I wonder if it’s due to age also

Yours is blastocyst?

I am not sure as just follow the doc’s instruction. Maybe can consider? Left with only 2 embryos

Sometimes I wonder if it’s due to age also
Sometimes you cannot just follow the doc instructions, got to do own research and try. If 2x of Day 3 don't work, are you going to keep throwing in the bets at the expense of your money and time? Day 3 never work for me too.

Sometimes you cannot just follow the doc instructions, got to do own research and try. If 2x of Day 3 don't work, are you going to keep throwing in the bets at the expense of your money and time? Day 3 never work for me too.
Ok! I think about it... Cos first try was ok so tot next one will be that similar.....

I thought the day of transfer is up to the embryologist? I think NUH practise having day3 transfer more.. I’m also day 3 transfer. The day when I did it, there were 2 other ladies same day as me. Wonder why... can nego with doc for day 5 transfer ah??

I thought the day of transfer is up to the embryologist? I think NUH practise having day3 transfer more.. I’m also day 3 transfer. The day when I did it, there were 2 other ladies same day as me. Wonder why... can nego with doc for day 5 transfer ah??

Yes in NUH it does seems that the embryologist will decide what is in your best interest.
But I heard from some other mummies that KKh will check with them if they want the embryo to be cultured until blastocyst...

This is dedicated to all IVF mummies who are going to give birth/have given birth in 2018.
Hi everyone I’m new here!

This is my first fresh cycle. Failed 3 IUIs previously.

My first HCG was only 113 during my 1st BT last Fri. Hence I spent my weekend in fear.

Went for my 2nd BT today & HCG was only 400 plus which makes me worried too. Today is already my 19th day after transfer of 2 Day 2 embryos.

For my case, I’ve only retrieved 5 follicles, 4 fertilized so believed I was not given a choice for later transfer or blastocyst as I can’t afford to risk in case the embryos do not survive.

Praying that all goes well now
Glad to chance upon this chat as I’m quite hesitant to share this with even close friends as I was not confident that I will succeed.

Hi everyone I’m new here!

This is my first fresh cycle. Failed 3 IUIs previously.

My first HCG was only 113 during my 1st BT last Fri. Hence I spent my weekend in fear.

Went for my 2nd BT today & HCG was only 400 plus which makes me worried too. Today is already my 19th day after transfer of 2 Day 2 embryos.

For my case, I’ve only retrieved 5 follicles, 4 fertilized so believed I was not given a choice for later transfer or blastocyst as I can’t afford to risk in case the embryos do not survive.

Praying that all goes well now
Glad to chance upon this chat as I’m quite hesitant to share this with even close friends as I was not confident that I will succeed.

Hi! It seems that it is multiplying well. Stay positive and continue to rest well. Jiayou!

I also only had 4 eggs matured and now on my 2nd FET. Luckily i got my BFP today. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks for the scan.

Why not? Your money, your embryos ley. Why cannot ask for day 5 if it keeps failing?

Yes in NUH it does seems that the embryologist will decide what is in your best interest.
But I heard from some other mummies that KKh will check with them if they want the embryo to be cultured until blastocyst...
Nope, it’s the doctor who communicates with you and he will liaise with the embryologist

Nope, it’s the doctor who communicates with you and he will liaise with the embryologist

I went for the NUH IVF seminar before I started my IVF cycle. Prof PC Wong said that the embryologist will decide. Not sure if the Doctors will discuss with them before they decide. But I wasn’t asked if I prefer 3-day or 5-day embryos. There could be a possibility if the patient insist and the Doctor agrees I think.

Embryologist is the one who decide if it’s day 3 or day 5 transfer. This day 3 and day 5 transfer depends very much on the number of eggs you have and your quality. If you have few number of eggs and not so good quality, the embryologist would prefer an early transfer rather than left with nothing on day 5. I don’t think you have a choice to insist on a day 5 transfer. The doctor doesn’t do anything except to recommend extra to help your embryos to grow.

It’s also the embryologist who choose your embryos to transfer and how many to transfer. On my day of ET, the embryologist has already set aside my embryos for transfer and freeze the rest before I arrived. When doctor came into the OT, embryologist update the doctor how many, which day and the grading in my presence.

Embryologist is the one who decide if it’s day 3 or day 5 transfer. This day 3 and day 5 transfer depends very much on the number of eggs you have and your quality. If you have few number of eggs and not so good quality, the embryologist would prefer an early transfer rather than left with nothing on day 5. I don’t think you have a choice to insist on a day 5 transfer. The doctor doesn’t do anything except to recommend extra to help your embryos to grow.

It’s also the embryologist who choose your embryos to transfer and how many to transfer. On my day of ET, the embryologist has already set aside my embryos for transfer and freeze the rest before I arrived. When doctor came into the OT, embryologist update the doctor how many, which day and the grading in my presence.

I guess that's the policy of NUH. For KKH, it slightly differs. Embryologist takes the cue from the doc. Yes, you are right if you have a handful of embryos which is not of good quality, might as well take a gamble.

For KKH, yes, patients have a choice to decide to wait till day 5 for transfer. Take me for example, I was called down on day 3 to decide whether I want to transfer or wait till day 5. As I know frozen works for me best. I told my doc that I want my embryos to be blasted to day 5 and be frozen. My request was acceded.

I guess, in NUH, your success rate is on the hands of the embryologist, who may not have a good understanding of your condition. It's just looking purely at the grading of embryos based on the surface.

I did one cycle with NUH previously and even though I only had one embryo, it was transferred only on day 4. I'm not sure why they still did it on d4 (d3 was a sun) even though I only had one embryo. That being said, it was already compacting on day 4 and the embryologist told me after the transfer that it was a very good quality one. It ended up being a chemical pregnancy and I took more than one month after the diagnosis of chemical pregnancy to finally bleed out.

Hello! How's everyone? Morning sickness has hit me since yesterday and I have zero appetite to eat anything. Who's with me?

Hello! How's everyone? Morning sickness has hit me since yesterday and I have zero appetite to eat anything. Who's with me?

Hihi! I had that a few days ago.. but my appetite is back! And eating more than i would normally... hahahahahha getting fatter.. can feel my dress getting tighter and tummy showing...

Hihi! I had that a few days ago.. but my appetite is back! And eating more than i would normally... hahahahahha getting fatter.. can feel my dress getting tighter and tummy showing...
That's good..I'm so lethargic and always having that nauseous feeling. sians 1/2.

Any cravings?

I am also experiencing fatigue. Can sleep more than 12 hours easily over the weekend.
I tot the MS will only kick in after 8 weeks?
Lucky you, I don't get to sleep 12 hours straight cos the boys refused to let me! :p

It would get worse lo...

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I had my IVF at KKH and BFP on 10 Apr! Was really glad, but quite lost on what to expect. My first pregnancy, n I don’t feel anything at all, except easily tired & occassion pulling in the ab.. coming to 6W based on LMP... is this normal?

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I had my IVF at KKH and BFP on 10 Apr! Was really glad, but quite lost on what to expect. My first pregnancy, n I don’t feel anything at all, except easily tired & occassion pulling in the ab.. coming to 6W based on LMP... is this normal?
Yup, it's normal...uterus is expanding to make space for the new tenant :)

Hi I'm in. The one having early bleeding episode on Sunday which has hcg 150. Went for early bt yesterday and hcg 400 on 13dp3dpt. Suppose bt on Friday. Nurse told me no need to test anymore but I kind of worry. I also have the same question. When does MS kick in. Feel so normal.

Hi I'm in. The one having early bleeding episode on Sunday which has hcg 150. Went for early bt yesterday and hcg 400 on 13dp3dpt. Suppose bt on Friday. Nurse told me no need to test anymore but I kind of worry. I also have the same question. When does MS kick in. Feel so normal.
I know! Some lucky girls don't have MS and went on to have smooth deliveries. Don't worry

Don't worry, your hcg looks very good :)
my hcg 13dp3dt was only 182, then 16dp3dt was 432. Im almost 32 weeks now.
MS for me started ard week 7 and didnt stop. I'm still having it now, though less severe.
Absolutely no cravings maybe cos of nauseousness haha.
But also no backaches, sore boobs, fatigue, water retention, varicose veins etc.
Having said that, every pregnancy is different, so don't compare and make yourself stress.
IVF moms go through a lot so be kind to yourself, take it easy and think positive thoughts.
Happy mom, happy baby.
All the best!

Don't worry, your hcg looks very good :)
my hcg 13dp3dt was only 182, then 16dp3dt was 432. Im almost 32 weeks now.
MS for me started ard week 7 and didnt stop. I'm still having it now, though less severe.
Absolutely no cravings maybe cos of nauseousness haha.
But also no backaches, sore boobs, fatigue, water retention, varicose veins etc.
Having said that, every pregnancy is different, so don't compare and make yourself stress.
IVF moms go through a lot so be kind to yourself, take it easy and think positive thoughts.
Happy mom, happy baby.
All the best!
L

@PlanStork Thanks for sharing! And congrats for surviving well so far! 8 more weeks!

Hello all! I'm new here! Chanced upon this group.. Just did my 2nd cycle at KKIVF (1st one didn't make it) and will be going for my first scan next Friday! Same as towkayneo!

For me, my doctor decide on day 5 blastocyst for me without asking me.. probably coz I failed at day 2 for the first time. However, the chances is better at Day 5 i heard. Coz if the quality is not good at Day 2, it probably won't implant ....

Back