IVF Mummies 2018

Gee, spotting is very common in IVF pregnancies :(

I have brown spotting too and I am having Duphaston x 3. Last friday when I had the scan and met doc, I requested for support jab and that jab seriously was darn painful.

I have brown spotting too and I am having Duphaston x 3. Last friday when I had the scan and met doc, I requested for support jab and that jab seriously was darn painful.
Is the effect later after the jab? I also jus did a jab jus now?

Hi i also bleeding last night went o&g. Now still spotting brown. Ur bleeding stop.

@yuiyui so what did they do for you? I was only asked to increase my hormones from 2 to 3 times again.

It started with just spotting when I wipe & a mere few spots on the liners. After I went for scan at KKH, I seemed to have more spots on my liners. Mostly cleared tdy, but slight got light stain.

How’re you doing? Are u better?
I’m looking forward to appt with my Gynae next wed.. a bit worried still...

@towkayneo did u see THH? Why did u have to request for support jab? Shouldn’t this be prescribed if deemed necessary? Btw, are u feeling better?

@yuiyui so what did they do for you? I was only asked to increase my hormones from 2 to 3 times again.

It started with just spotting when I wipe & a mere few spots on the liners. After I went for scan at KKH, I seemed to have more spots on my liners. Mostly cleared tdy, but slight got light stain.

How’re you doing? Are u better?
I’m looking forward to appt with my Gynae next wed.. a bit worried still...
They only increase my pill support then morning i look for dr to get support jab. Yesterday stop but today still brown spotting. Any idea is it normal? Nurse told me will spot dor 1 week is normal

@towkayneo did u see THH? Why did u have to request for support jab? Shouldn’t this be prescribed if deemed necessary? Btw, are u feeling better?
Hey! No la...after my 1st scan, I was supposed to see THH, but he was so bz, so a lady doc was assigned to me lo. I requested for support jab cos I had spotting ley, wasn't that deemed necessary? :/

Ok lor..feeling under the weather always what

They only increase my pill support then morning i look for dr to get support jab. Yesterday stop but today still brown spotting. Any idea is it normal? Nurse told me will spot dor 1 week is normal
Told you spotting is v common in IVF pregnancies. Throughout my pregnancies, THH and Felicia told me that all the time. So sians of hearing that :/

may i know when dr thh scan the baby for you. Will he provide you the heartbeat rate?
No ley..he will not voluntarily provide the info, maybe you can ask. He will scan and point to you "This is the baby's tummy, head, limbs, everything is ok" then print a copy of the ultrasound scan for you to bring home.

Why would you want to know about the heartbeat rate? Just curious?

may i know when dr thh scan the baby for you. Will he provide you the heartbeat rate?
Oh oh, my other mummy friends said that a heartbeat rate means chances of your baby will be a girl, say 160, 130-140 is for boys. Don't know how true, but no harm asking!

No ley..he will not voluntarily provide the info, maybe you can ask. He will scan and point to you "This is the baby's tummy, head, limbs, everything is ok" then print a copy of the ultrasound scan for you to bring home.

Why would you want to know about the heartbeat rate? Just curious?
would like to know whether strong or not. I google say must be more than 100+. otherwise will mc.
He did a scan for me also did not tell me the rate. I asked him is the heartbeat ok he said ok but i could not see the flickering. wanted to ask him what is the heartbeat rate but he seems in a rush so i dont dare to ask.

would like to know whether strong or not. I google say must be more than 100+. otherwise will mc.
He did a scan for me also did not tell me the rate. I asked him is the heartbeat ok he said ok but i could not see the flickering. wanted to ask him what is the heartbeat rate but he seems in a rush so i dont dare to ask.

Congrats, anyway heartbeat rate will be different every time when go for scan, so is not a worry, hmm, ur doc didn’t show you the flicking, he in rush? so u having Singleton or twin

Congrats, anyway heartbeat rate will be different every time when go for scan, so is not a worry, hmm, ur doc didn’t show you the flicking, he in rush? so u having Singleton or twin
think he didnt zoom or what. he only point and i saw one round thing only. i went o&G 12hr before dr thh, the dr got show me the flickering.

think he didnt zoom or what. he only point and i saw one round thing only. i went o&G 12hr before dr thh, the dr got show me the flickering.
But I'm surprised that you did not go to AMC for the 1st ultrasound scan? That would be more detailed, but it's not by THH.

Ya lo..18 May :(
Wa Seh.. really very Long. Mine is coming Monday. Can’t wait...

Hahaha! U imagine I do that twice a week! Every time 500mg. Initially I pain until cannot Walk. Then after become better. My hubby still say maybe cause your butt is getting bigger so cannot feel it *angry*

Hahaha! U imagine I do that twice a week! Every time 500mg. Initially I pain until cannot Walk. Then after become better. My hubby still say maybe cause your butt is getting bigger so cannot feel it *angry*
I only jab 50mg. Saw on the paper. 500 mg alot.

Why do you need to jab twice a week and why do you need such high dosage?

Ya man... i am on like super high support...
it takes the nurse really long to finish the jab everytime..
Is it becos your body lacks the progesterone, which is needed to support the pregnancy?

My friend is like that too. Max support, Duphaston x 3, Proluton jab every week for her 1st trimester.

Jia you jia you!

Thanks! All is well! Now next hurdle is the NIPT... then first trimester will be over :D

Jiayou to you too!

Is it becos your body lacks the progesterone, which is needed to support the pregnancy?

My friend is like that too. Max support, Duphaston x 3, Proluton jab every week for her 1st trimester.

I have no idea. We nv test how much progestrone we have in nuh. Only test once for hcg level. I guess it is just what the doctor felt comfortable. Anything for the baby sia.
I know some mummies who really wants the jab but doctor dun want to give. So i better dun complain about the jabs. As long as baby is healthy and good!

Thanks! All is well! Now next hurdle is the NIPT... then first trimester will be over :D

Jiayou to you too!

I have no idea. We nv test how much progestrone we have in nuh. Only test once for hcg level. I guess it is just what the doctor felt comfortable. Anything for the baby sia.
I know some mummies who really wants the jab but doctor dun want to give. So i better dun complain about the jabs. As long as baby is healthy and good!
I agree!

Jiayou to you too!

@sleepingm&m whats NIPT? The jabs sound very scary! You’re really brave! Jia you Jia you! It’s true that all we want is for the baby to be safe & healthy!

@yuiyui i had brown spotting. After they increased my Dygesterone to 3 times a day, it cleared after 3 days or so, but still got bit of light colored discharge for the next 2/3 days. I was told no need to get too panicky unless painful cramps & red bleeding. But to play safe I took some time off work just to get some bed rest at home, only walked around the house & rest & eat well.

I don’t think they gave me the heart rate, but I think just ask the dr lor. Stupid or not, just don’t care lar. Can request that they on the sound for u to hear also.

@sleepingm&m whats NIPT? The jabs sound very scary! You’re really brave! Jia you Jia you! It’s true that all we want is for the baby to be safe & healthy!

@yuiyui i had brown spotting. After they increased my Dygesterone to 3 times a day, it cleared after 3 days or so, but still got bit of light colored discharge for the next 2/3 days. I was told no need to get too panicky unless painful cramps & red bleeding. But to play safe I took some time off work just to get some bed rest at home, only walked around the house & rest & eat well.

I don’t think they gave me the heart rate, but I think just ask the dr lor. Stupid or not, just don’t care lar. Can request that they on the sound for u to hear also.
which hospital are u with?

anyone went for 2nd scan yet? mine is coming this sat

@yuiyui I just for mine went today. KKH, Dr THH. Belly scan, just say ok, baby growth ok, Heart rate 170+ n ok, dropped my progesterone dosage back to twice a day cos no spotting anymore. Next appt even longer, 3 weeks lor...

Can I ask, I heard my frens say every appt their Gynae’s will take weight, blood pressure n urine test. Am I the only one who didn’t get any?

@yuiyui I just for mine went today. KKH, Dr THH. Belly scan, just say ok, baby growth ok, Heart rate 170+ n ok, dropped my progesterone dosage back to twice a day cos no spotting anymore. Next appt even longer, 3 weeks lor...

Can I ask, I heard my frens say every appt their Gynae’s will take weight, blood pressure n urine test. Am I the only one who didn’t get any?

Not so soon.

Not so soon ley..after 1st trimester then THH will be seeing you at the private suite. Woohoo! Weight, blood pressure and sugar level via urine stick will be taken before you see him

NIPT is non invasive prenatal test.

Not so soon ley..after 1st trimester then THH will be seeing you at the private suite. Woohoo! Weight, blood pressure and sugar level via urine stick will be taken before you see him

@towkayneo really? So now it’s really just take dygesterone & scan baby?
Does it mean my next appt (week12) will be last at clinic D? How u know? He shared? I feel quite clueless cos he don’t seem to tell me much..

@towkayneo really? So now it’s really just take dygesterone & scan baby?

???? What do you mean? Ya, now it will be scanning to see baby growth and continue to take support meds. It's after the 1st trimester then they will take off the support meds.

Does it mean my next appt (week12) will be last at clinic D? How u know? He shared? I feel quite clueless cos he don’t seem to tell me much..

Have they given you the goody bag with the pregnancy book? Generally yes, last at Clinic D unless sometimes he decided to be at Clinic D or L. Mostly will be at Private Suite.

What do you mean I know? My last 2 pregnancies were like that ley :p

???? What do you mean? Ya, now it will be scanning to see baby growth and continue to take support meds. It's after the 1st trimester then they will take off the support meds.

Have they given you the goody bag with the pregnancy book? Generally yes, last at Clinic D unless sometimes he decided to be at Clinic D or L. Mostly will be at Private Suite.

What do you mean I know? My last 2 pregnancies were like that ley :p

@towkayneo so baby growth they only monitor heart beat rate & CRL? Sorry, I’m really noob about this cos it’s my first pregnancy... this is your third? All with THH?

no goody bag & no pregnancy book! Am I supposed to get?

Last edited:
@towkayneo so baby growth they only monitor heart beat rate & CRL? Sorry, I’m really noob about this cos it’s my first pregnancy... this is your third? All with THH?

no goody bag & no pregnancy book! Am I supposed to get?
Yes, you will meet THH and THH will scan for the baby growth and all in his clinic at Private Suite. Yes, my 3rd, all with THH.

@towkayneo does this mean unless we request specifically, they will only do blood test n scan?

@sleepingm&m I’m week 9 n next appt at week 12 but I was not told abt these tests on week 12 tho..
Maybe you wait..they will pass you a goody bag with the pregnancy book like how to take care of yourself, diet etc.

No, THH will order the OSCAR test to see if your baby is at risk of Down Syndrome. It will take place on the baby's 11-12th week. The scan will not be conducted by THH, it will be by a sonographer at AMC (Women's Tower level 2 - If my memory doesn't fail me) or ADC (Women's Tower level 1)

Then there would be a detailed scan on the baby's 20th week to see if all is in place. Again, it will be conducted by AMC/ADC.

Maybe you wait..they will pass you a goody bag with the pregnancy book like how to take care of yourself, diet etc.

No, THH will order the OSCAR test to see if your baby is at risk of Down Syndrome. It will take place on the baby's 11-12th week. The scan will not be conducted by THH, it will be by a sonographer at AMC (Women's Tower level 2 - If my memory doesn't fail me) or ADC (Women's Tower level 1)

Then there would be a detailed scan on the baby's 20th week to see if all is in place. Again, it will be conducted by AMC/ADC.
is there any harmony test to do at KKH? i would like to combine oscar+ harmony

is there any harmony test to do at KKH? i would like to combine oscar+ harmony

I think it's an individual test. you mean you want to do both tests? Not necessary. Usually they will refer you to do OSCAR, if test results are non-satisfactory, they will escalate to Harmony.

For reference:

Provided there are no complications with your pregnancy, your OBGYN will see you once every four weeks. The first time I saw Dr Manisha, which was the second month of my pregnancy, there was fetal activity and we were also asked if we wanted to do a Down Syndrome screening. This is completely voluntary, and there are two options, the first a First Trimester Screening ($370.22), which combines an ultrasound scan, a maternal blood test and the pregnant woman’s age to assess her risk of having a pregnancy affected by Down Syndrome. This is conducted between Week 11 - Week 13+6days.

The second option is the Harmony Test ($800++), which is a far more expensive procedure and recommended if the mother is older. It requires shipping vials of blood to the US for testing, and because it goes right down to the nitty gritty, it's also how people find out the baby's sex very early on.

We did the former, because while we wanted to know the odds of Down Syndrome, we didn't really mind if our first baby was a boy or a girl.

At 20 Weeks

You'll continue seeing your OBGYN every 4 weeks. You'll have a detailled scan at 20W, which is when they'll let you know the sex of the baby, if they haven't already. This is also when you'll get to see all the little parts of him in detail — super duper exciting!

At 28 Weeks

Here's the fun part (not). Your OBGYN will get you to do a Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. You have to fast without anything to eat or drink the night prior, and drink a sweet liquid. Your blood will be drawn multiple times over the course of the test, which takes several hours to determine how your body processes sugar. It is a stress test, but don't stress if you fail (like I did).

I had to do this early on, at 12W because of my very fun family history and you'll be sent to ODAC for a full day of counselling and blood tests, which will cost you over $300 (which can be claimed using Medisave). You will report early in the morning with a blood glucose monitor (which you can rent from the hospital if you don't have one, or didn't purchase one) and spend the day at ODAC. They'll feed you, have you prick your own finger and measure your blood sugar throughout the day. If your blood sugar continues to be high, you'll be prescribed insulin.

Source: http://www.thebrowngirls.guide/blog/2017/7/14/kk-hospital-private-dr-manisha-mathur

Back