IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi,

May i know if u also took this ovaboost during this ivf cycle? Do you yield better embryos?

Yes I guess it helped. I onli took ovaboost and coq10 this cycle. Last failed cycle didn’t took these supplements.
I yield more eggs this time round too (also due to tweet of the gonal f dosage)

1st fresh: 7 eggs, 1 viable embryo only ( but failed)
2nd fresh (with coq10 & ovaboost): 20 eggs, 6 embryos frozen

before 2nd fresh i did regular acupuncture too for 2-3 months.

Hello girls my menses came but it’s super painful and have waves of pain (eg: not pain, super pain, not pain, super pain).. then it have alot of clots and those clots when you see it’s whitish inside if you try to disintegrate it.. are those the remains of the progesterone gel? Cos it’s really a lot that came out.. anybody experience this before?

hi girl yes for me it was painful too. Very heavy and got clots. I also rem I got one very very big clot coming out which scared me.

It’s really a lot. Means the crinone accumulated inside the cervix or uterus.. my temp still hover at 36.6 even though menses came so strange. The flow is quite light also..
What about the temp?

U just stopped the support meds so it may take a while for full flow. Expect some beyond ur norm cycle things to happen

What about the temp?

U just stopped the support meds so it may take a while for full flow. Expect some beyond ur norm cycle things to happen
Omg a huge chunk came out and it’s the white colour meat membrane similar to when I had the blighted ovum miscarriage.. the cramp also similar like contractions..

Wah but your BT is negative? So cannot be the sac right?
Yea negative. Maybe it stopped developing even before hcg can be detected. But it’s scary cos it’s white membrane same as that time I miscarriage.. my usual period I don’t have such clots de. And this time was esp painful and intermittent pain. Sigh. I took a photo to show me doc for the review. Wanted to keep it to do testing but I also dunno how to keep it.

Hi ladies, I’m 10dp5pt and I started spotted on Friday. The spotting has intensified into bleeding and I went to O&G for a quick check. Doc gave me pills to stabilize the womb, said she couldn’t see any active bleeding source but she can’t rule out the fact that it’s a failed cycle either. Have any of you gotten your period before your progesterone supplements ended?

My BT is supposed to be on thursday but I’m planning to call KKH to push it to Tuesday so I can just get the news once and for all.

this is my first cycle and I don’t know why I ever thought I would get it right on the first try I’m so stressed I can’t even sleep

Hi ladies, I’m 10dp5pt and I started spotted on Friday. The spotting has intensified into bleeding and I went to O&G for a quick check. Doc gave me pills to stabilize the womb, said she couldn’t see any active bleeding source but she can’t rule out the fact that it’s a failed cycle either. Have any of you gotten your period before your progesterone supplements ended?

My BT is supposed to be on thursday but I’m planning to call KKH to push it to Tuesday so I can just get the news once and for all.

this is my first cycle and I don’t know why I ever thought I would get it right on the first try I’m so stressed I can’t even sleep
At 10dp5dt, you can do a home pregnancy test if you haven't done so already.

Take it easy and don't stress yourself.

Unfortunately it is possible for menses to come before the blood test, even while on progesterone support. It happened to me for my 1st failed fresh transfer. Hopefully this is not the case for you and it's implantation bleeding.

At 10dp5dt, you can do a home pregnancy test if you haven't done so already.

Take it easy and don't stress yourself.

Unfortunately it is possible for menses to come before the blood test, even while on progesterone support. It happened to me for my 1st failed fresh transfer. Hopefully this is not the case for you and it's implantation bleeding.

Thank you for the optimism and for that piece of information ! As sad as it is, I think mine is definitely my period. I’ve been holding off doing any tests since I didn’t feel any symptoms worthy of testing and with this bleeding, I think I’ll just wait for the BT to close the chapter :)

May I know after your failed cycle, how long did it take you to go for the next one ?

I got my periods before BT on all my failed cycles. Even the successful one had spotting so the suppositories will not always stop the period.

i had spotting on 10dp5dt and went to do BT on day 11, got a negative, stopped progesterone and menses came with intensified pain and white clots tissues.

Yours is a blastocyst? What grade isit? Sigh my grade b also fail I dunno when I will succeed :(
Yes blastocyst ! But I don’t know what’s the grade. Or maybe they told me and I forgot. Sad to say, I think ivf is simply a matter of luck. Not sure whether I want to try again so soon. The disappointment is crippling.

Yours is a blastocyst? What grade isit? Sigh my grade b also fail I dunno when I will succeed :(
There are many reasons for fail implantation. Most common is chromosomes issues. Sometimes very good grade doesn’t mean will implant too.. each cycle is around 35-60% success rate as what I read

Yes blastocyst ! But I don’t know what’s the grade. Or maybe they told me and I forgot. Sad to say, I think ivf is simply a matter of luck. Not sure whether I want to try again so soon. The disappointment is crippling.
U have your BT yet? Are u still inserting the progesterone gel? I think wait till the final result first then decide it could still be positive you never know.. Yea I’m having disappointment and sad now with my failed cycle sigh.

There are many reasons for fail implantation. Most common is chromosomes issues. Sometimes very good grade doesn’t mean will implant too.. each cycle is around 35-60% success rate as what I read
lildreams you do how many times ivf? How many rounds it takes for success? I’m really scared I can’t have baby even with ivf which is the most advance le.

lildreams you do how many times ivf? How many rounds it takes for success? I’m really scared I can’t have baby even with ivf which is the most advance le.
With each cycle, chances increase. It's different for each person, there are so many variables, even doc don't know in most failed cases what goes wrong :(
U can read this book 'It starts with the egg', it has so many details and suggestions.

I haven’t succeed yet. I failed my first time. Now is my second time. Try to give yourself less stress (I know it’s hard I also question myself will I ever have a baby) and comfort yourself aslong as u triedyour best everything will be fine.. Jia you!

U have your BT yet? Are u still inserting the progesterone gel? I think wait till the final result first then decide it could still be positive you never know.. Yea I’m having disappointment and sad now with my failed cycle sigh.
Lol I highly doubt my BT will be positive, looking at how much I’m bleeding now. Sigh what to do. But let’s be strong together and work towards our next cycle !! Hopefully it will be our turn next to see a BFP.

Lol I highly doubt my BT will be positive, looking at how much I’m bleeding now. Sigh what to do. But let’s be strong together and work towards our next cycle !! Hopefully it will be our turn next to see a BFP.
Did u ask them if u should stop your progesterone? I think still need to continue till u have an answer from your BT leh. Yes let’s stay strong tgt!

Did u ask them if u should stop your progesterone? I think still need to continue till u have an answer from your BT leh. Yes let’s stay strong tgt!
Nope they asked me to continue with both crinone + duphaston until BT. I think the medication is holding back the flow a little because it’s not as heavy as my period flow. Tried calling KKH just now to bring the BT up but I can never get through the phone lines .... :(

To mothers who succeeded, how did you guys shower? I’m also wondering whether my warm showers played a part in this disappointment or was it because I didn’t walk too much initially when I started with crinone.

Nope they asked me to continue with both crinone + duphaston until BT. I think the medication is holding back the flow a little because it’s not as heavy as my period flow. Tried calling KKH just now to bring the BT up but I can never get through the phone lines .... :(

To mothers who succeeded, how did you guys shower? I’m also wondering whether my warm showers played a part in this disappointment or was it because I didn’t walk too much initially when I started with crinone.
Warm shower is ok, didn't walk much after crinone insertion also ok. Don't blame yourself cos there really is nothing we can do to make the embryo implant and grow after ET

usually kkh will call back short while after you leave a message. Monday usually more busy for them but they will callback.
I heard don apply warm pressure on tummy after ET I myself too also qns is it I bathe too hot for my failed cycle. I’m gg to try to bathe less warm this time round.
But agree that you really shouldn’t blame yourself as it’s realli not within our control after ET.

Warm showers should be ok. I doubt you are going to bathe with water that warm until you scald yourself or the foot soak kind of warm. There is very little control by you over whether implantation and growth will occur or not, except for those really strenuous exercises. So I believe, just proceed normally with some caution will be ok.

anyone had sexual intercourse during 2ww, if not what do you do to keep the spark alive? my husband and i had not done it for about 2 months
You can still have SI but use a condom to avoid infection. I did it after few days of postive BT at KKH.. had some brownish discharges but its normal after an SI.. continue pampering one another, tease and enjoy each other company.. appreciate the lil things your partner does for you. Only now at 37 weeks, DH abit scared to do SI and worried I will be in pain. So we stopped and just enjoy each other company.. :)

I walked alot after the crinone gel insertion to allow maximum absorption. If not walking, i just do a marching movements in front of the TV as the rubbing motions helps with the absorption. My 1st cycle i always have black/brown discharge post crinone insertion. But my 2nd cycle, none discharges..

2 days before egg transfer i warm my womb with hot pad. Stopped on the transfer day and continue taking in high protein diet which include fresh hot soya milk with no to less sugar, hot red dates, ginger tea, hot/warm water & alot of tofu & chicken. Eat Spinach soups, yong tau fu etcs.. Didnt consume any cold drinks/soda 2mths before my 2nd fresh IVF cycle and post transfer as well.. wear socks at night and dont keep ur pee/poo too long as usually post ER will cause swelling n potential OHSS.. my 1st cycle were bad on OHSS that i cant pee/poo. Gotten 17 eggs with only 2 ungradeable blasto if i cld recalled. Failed cycle. Then 5mths later did a 2nd IVF fresh with 24 eggs with no OHSS at all & 9 good quality blasto grade B. 2nd cycle is where i really changed my diet before it starts.. showering no issue in temperature as long no bath in tubs..

Actually they say u can just walk in to kkh same area to do BT that’s what I did on day 11 post transfer.

I walked alot after the crinone gel insertion to allow maximum absorption. If not walking, i just do a marching movements in front of the TV as the rubbing motions helps with the absorption. My 1st cycle i always have black/brown discharge post crinone insertion. But my 2nd cycle, none discharges..

2 days before egg transfer i warm my womb with hot pad. Stopped on the transfer day and continue taking in high protein diet which include fresh hot soya milk with no to less sugar, hot red dates, ginger tea, hot/warm water & alot of tofu & chicken. Eat Spinach soups, yong tau fu etcs.. Didnt consume any cold drinks/soda 2mths before my 2nd fresh IVF cycle and post transfer as well.. wear socks at night and dont keep ur pee/poo too long as usually post ER will cause swelling n potential OHSS.. my 1st cycle were bad on OHSS that i cant pee/poo. Gotten 17 eggs with only 2 ungradeable blasto if i cld recalled. Failed cycle. Then 5mths later did a 2nd IVF fresh with 24 eggs with no OHSS at all & 9 good quality blasto grade B. 2nd cycle is where i really changed my diet before it starts.. showering no issue in temperature as long no bath in tubs..
thanks for sharing and happy for you!
Can you share what’s your change of diet from 1st cycle to 2nd cycle? did u incorporate exercises as well?

thanks everyone for the kind support and suggestions. BT officially negative. I’m sad but relieved. At least now it’s an official end. Will be seeing Dr on 1 July to plan the next steps.

any of you on TCM treatments too? I’ve been with Dr Zou Yu Min for about a year now. Weekly acupunctures + medication. My husband is now asking me if it’s because of my TCM that’s why it didn’t work -.-

Thanks for the tip !! I’m gonna take the next few months to change my diet and prep for the next session. I reckon if I stick to KKH sure must wait for a few more months before can try again.

thanks everyone for the kind support and suggestions. BT officially negative. I’m sad but relieved. At least now it’s an official end. Will be seeing Dr on 1 July to plan the next steps.

any of you on TCM treatments too? I’ve been with Dr Zou Yu Min for about a year now. Weekly acupunctures + medication. My husband is now asking me if it’s because of my TCM that’s why it didn’t work -.-

Thanks for the tip !! I’m gonna take the next few months to change my diet and prep for the next session. I reckon if I stick to KKH sure must wait for a few more months before can try again.
I was with Zou for some time, one time BFP, one time BFN. I only had accu though, didn't take her meds.

Nonetheless, after ET I supposed u didn't continue with the meds? I rem accu for 5 days post transfer only, after that shouldn't continue

Jia you girl don’t give up give yourself a break and try again! I really admire all of us ladies here perservarance.

I tried dr Zou before but I feel she is doing factory style acupuncture each time. So I switched my acupuncture and no longer visit her.
I heard ladies here say eat more egg whites and protein and also I do believe supplement helps

Hi,

Wow.. 9 graded b embryos!! Can u share what are the changes u did in 1st and 2nd fresh ivf cycles? And ur age group?

I showered per usual routine (usually warm to slightly hot water) and didn't do anything different per my usual lifestyle except I drank alot of water after ET and did acupuncture before and after ET. Don't blame urself yea, I also didn't walk alot after crinone. Sometimes things happened and we dunno the exact reasons. Just have to try to keep positive and faith. Jia you!

Thanks ladies for all the kind words. This journey is really damn lonely so I’m glad I found this forum for solace ! My girlfriends have all been very lucky so far so while they empathize and are constantly checking on me, they don’t really understand the full extent too. So I find myself limiting what I share with them since they won’t understand entirely either.

I was with Zou for some time, one time BFP, one time BFN. I only had accu though, didn't take her meds.

Nonetheless, after ET I supposed u didn't continue with the meds? I rem accu for 5 days post transfer only, after that shouldn't continue
I did... :( They did ask me if I want to continue and I thought it’s okay to since it’s just to boost internally. But I only did acupuncture twice after ET. Dr Zou said can’t do more than that. Maybe I should have just skipped the meds too.

Jia you girl don’t give up give yourself a break and try again! I really admire all of us ladies here perservarance.

I tried dr Zou before but I feel she is doing factory style acupuncture each time. So I switched my acupuncture and no longer visit her.
I heard ladies here say eat more egg whites and protein and also I do believe supplement helps
Thanks dear. I think when you’ve reached rock bottom, there’s nowhere to go but up. Want to give up also cannot. May I know where did you switch to for your acupuncture? And did it help after? Frankly I find Dr Zou quite pricey too.

Thanks ladies for all the kind words. This journey is really damn lonely so I’m glad I found this forum for solace ! My girlfriends have all been very lucky so far so while they empathize and are constantly checking on me, they don’t really understand the full extent too. So I find myself limiting what I share with them since they won’t understand entirely either.

I did... :( They did ask me if I want to continue and I thought it’s okay to since it’s just to boost internally. But I only did acupuncture twice after ET. Dr Zou said can’t do more than that. Maybe I should have just skipped the meds too.

Thanks dear. I think when you’ve reached rock bottom, there’s nowhere to go but up. Want to give up also cannot. May I know where did you switch to for your acupuncture? And did it help after? Frankly I find Dr Zou quite pricey too.
I think with the meds its pricey. Anyway have a good rest and try again. IVF is a age game too.. so the younger u do, the higher chance

Hi,

Wow.. 9 graded b embryos!! Can u share what are the changes u did in 1st and 2nd fresh ivf cycles? And ur age group?
Hi dear! Im 32 currently and had 2 fresh IVF done at 31 years old. Before that at 30 years old i did SO IUI x 1 which failed & at 27-28 years old I did clomid x 5 cycles all failed. I had a chemical pregnancy in 2019 Nov which I didn't know I conceive naturally. It was at 6 weeks.

thanks for sharing and happy for you!
Can you share what’s your change of diet from 1st cycle to 2nd cycle? did u incorporate exercises as well?
Hi dear, thank you!

My 1st cycle, i didnt do anything different.. i was diagnosed with Pre Diabetes (DM) with HBA1C level of 8.0mmol/L early Jan 2020 which is unacceptable in the range. Before doing IVF in April 2020, they want your HBA1C level to be less than 7mmol/L to prevent complications and my HBA1C was 6.7mmol/L. Still not too good but we went along. I didn't pantang on whatever meal I had. Sugary, sodas, fried items.. And no supplement taken except for Folic Acids & Metformin for DM. Its a failed cycle with only 2 blastocyst and bleeding before BT. OHSS were extremely bad post ER.. i didnt take any high protein food as advice.

When I decide to do my 2nd fresh cycle, 2 months before i started taking in:

- Blackmore's Conceive Well tablets x 2 months
- Folic Acids
- No cold beverage/Sugary drinks (Sodas/Juices)
- No Caffeine (Tea/Ice Lemon tea/Latte)
- Increase Warm Water Intake daily
- Increase Hot Fresh Soya Milk Drink 25% to no sugar (Daily)
- Increase Hot Red Dates Longan / Hot Ginger Tea in evening alternate once a day. I drink at Lunch.
- Wear socks at night to bed & warm womb with hot pad 2 days before ET.
- I ate alot of Soupy dishes like Spinach, Hotpot with veggies & Tofu/beancurds
- Post ER, i took Hot Soya Milk, Chicken Breast/Fillet, Tofu, Beancurd with less sugar, Egg whites Omelette till ET day (Day 5 post ER)
- I took Pregnancy Formula Milk (Nature's One Pregnancy) before bed.

I actually lost 5-7kg from 80kg to 75kg before ER from doing this without any exercise much as my work requires me to move about alot.. Now currently at 38 weeks i am at 77kg- 78kg with baby at 2.9kg estimated so the weight gain is more to lil one. My HBA1C is at 6.3mmol/L during my TWW and currently at 38 weeks HBA1C at 5.3mmol/L which is very good! :) Egg quality increased alot and my Dr was super surprised to know I didn't have any OHSS despite 24 eggs retrieved. Hope this help!

Also, i do have a blog where I update from my Clomid cycle back in 2018 till now..

I recorded the types of drugs I was given for all cycles, the egg sizes & linings for each scan visits, payments, prices etcs.. hope this give u ladies some ideas!
Hope it helps! ❤

Last edited:

No worries dear! I took about 4-5 months break in between my 1st fresh cycle (April 2020) & my 2nd fresh cycle (Sept 2020). I didn't want to rush as it's taking a toll on my body and the hormone drugs. My KK Dr said i could start doing the next month after my 1st cycle failed but I mentioned to them I wanted to get a short break. And I didn't regret that decision. I got my period regular and change my diet. :) I have PCOS with more than 12 immature eggs/cysts in my right & left ovaries. My AMH level is 9.2 which the Dr says I had too much eggs but that doesn't mean all are usable.. have a break.. relax and try again dear..

Give KKH a call if u wish to proceed for another cycle. They usually will tell u beforehand if they have any slots for the following month with ur next period. I was under Dr Liu Shuling & Dr Viardot care.

I did try doing Accupuncture in TTSH level 6 Medical Center for fertility boost but stopped due to my working schedule. They are nice and prices are ranged $60 onwards depending on the needles used/consultation. U can try them too if you want a change in environment and opinion.

I went to DR gee (she used to be from thomson tcm) but she now do home based. It’s even much more pricey but since I’ve known her and my friends around also went to her so I’ve been acupuncture by her for months. I haven’t succeed yet but I think if you are comfortable with dr zou u can continue just that I feel she is not very attentive to me when I was there. And seems like she always poked the same area with no adjustment

Hi dear! Im 32 currently and had 2 fresh IVF done at 31 years old. Before that at 30 years old i did SO IUI x 1 which failed & at 27-28 years old I did clomid x 5 cycles all failed. I had a chemical pregnancy in 2019 Nov which I didn't know I conceive naturally. It was at 6 weeks.

Hi dear, thank you!

My 1st cycle, i didnt do anything different.. i was diagnosed with Pre Diabetes (DM) with HBA1C level of 8.0mmol/L early Jan 2020 which is unacceptable in the range. Before doing IVF in April 2020, they want your HBA1C level to be less than 7mmol/L to prevent complications and my HBA1C was 6.7mmol/L. Still not too good but we went along. I didn't pantang on whatever meal I had. Sugary, sodas, fried items.. And no supplement taken except for Folic Acids & Metformin for DM. Its a failed cycle with only 2 blastocyst and bleeding before BT. OHSS were extremely bad post ER.. i didnt take any high protein food as advice.

When I decide to do my 2nd fresh cycle, 2 months before i started taking in:

- Blackmore's Conceive Well tablets x 2 months
- Folic Acids
- No cold beverage/Sugary drinks (Sodas/Juices)
- No Caffeine (Tea/Ice Lemon tea/Latte)
- Increase Warm Water Intake daily
- Increase Hot Fresh Soya Milk Drink 25% to no sugar (Daily)
- Increase Hot Red Dates Longan / Hot Ginger Tea in evening alternate once a day. I drink at Lunch.
- Wear socks at night to bed & warm womb with hot pad 2 days before ET.
- I ate alot of Soupy dishes like Spinach, Hotpot with veggies & Tofu/beancurds
- Post ER, i took Hot Soya Milk, Chicken Breast/Fillet, Tofu, Beancurd with less sugar, Egg whites Omelette till ET day (Day 5 post ER)
- I took Pregnancy Formula Milk (Nature's One Pregnancy) before bed.

I actually lost 5-7kg from 80kg to 75kg before ER from doing this without any exercise much as my work requires me to move about alot.. Now currently at 38 weeks i am at 77kg- 78kg with baby at 2.9kg estimated so the weight gain is more to lil one. My HBA1C is at 6.3mmol/L during my TWW and currently at 38 weeks HBA1C at 5.3mmol/L which is very good! :) Egg quality increased alot and my Dr was super surprised to know I didn't have any OHSS despite 24 eggs retrieved. Hope this help!

Also, i do have a blog where I update from my Clomid cycle back in 2018 till now..

I recorded the types of drugs I was given for all cycles, the egg sizes & linings for each scan visits, payments, prices etcs.. hope this give u ladies some ideas!
Hope it helps!
I tried clomid once too. Thinking back i wonder whats the success rate for clomid?

Because clomid makes our lining thin right, like that how to succeed ah.

No viable embryos for freezing for me too. I couldn't accept and still can't accept it given that my doc said my embryos were good grade. just failed my first fresh.. BT today was negative.

No viable embryos for freezing for me too. I couldn't accept and still can't accept it given that my doc said my embryos were good grade. just failed my first fresh.. BT today was negative.
Hi dear, please dont give up. I also failed my 1st fresh cycle.. and my embryo is ungradeable. I only have 1 blasto to freeze but poor quality and definitely heartbreaking, i wanted to give up as well. 5mths later I decide to try again 2nd fresh cycle.. the 1st cycle is usually a trial cycle where the Dr can see how u response to certain hormone drugs.. i started with Gonal F & Ganirelix but its unsuccessful. Then 2nd cycle Gonal F, Ganirelix & Menopur. Successful with balance blasto freeze. Hang in there! ❤️

I tried clomid once too. Thinking back i wonder whats the success rate for clomid?

Because clomid makes our lining thin right, like that how to succeed ah.
They say 7% to 30% and is used by blocking estrogen production. Usually given to PCOS to increase the chance. And clomid with PCOS can increase multiple pregnancy. It gets better when u do 2 to 3 more cycle. But for me seems like its not responding. Plus its pretty stressful when the BD schedule is every 2 days.. hehehe..

Back