IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi girls i got spotting 4 days before BT, so went for early BT and just got my result its negative sigh... and i am only left with 1 grade c blast frozen. dunno if i should do fresh or frozen next. its not 100% that the frozen will survive thawing process (its a slower growing blast, they only freeze it on day 6).

sorry to hear about this, hope you feel better soon! what did doctor say about your embryo quality when u did ET? How many fresh cycles have you been through?

If you feel time is not on your side probably fresh would be better to collect eggs while quality is still good, otherwise frozen is good as i heard grade C is still viable and frozen cycle costs less.

I just got a call from my embryologist this morning (Day 8 post ER), only one of my remaining 6 embryos made it to blastocyst but no inner cell structure hence have nothing to freeze this time round :(

still in my 2ww, If my fresh transfer fails i’ll have to start a fresh cycle again

hi girls i got spotting 4 days before BT, so went for early BT and just got my result its negative sigh... and i am only left with 1 grade c blast frozen. dunno if i should do fresh or frozen next. its not 100% that the frozen will survive thawing process (its a slower growing blast, they only freeze it on day 6).
So sorry to hear abt this and do take care and stay positive! For me, both my FETs in oct 2020 and now were grade c blasts and they have successfully implanted.. although it remains to be seen if they will continue to be healthy and grow to full term as first FET ended in MC.. but personally, I feel that FET is less invasive and less expensive so why not use up ur blasts first before trying another fresh cycle?

But ultimately, the choice is yours and do discuss with your doc and hub to make the decision together! Hope u will get good news next cycle!! All the best!

sorry to hear about this, hope you feel better soon! what did doctor say about your embryo quality when u did ET? How many fresh cycles have you been through?

If you feel time is not on your side probably fresh would be better to collect eggs while quality is still good, otherwise frozen is good as i heard grade C is still viable and frozen cycle costs less.

I just got a call from my embryologist this morning (Day 8 post ER), only one of my remaining 6 embryos made it to blastocyst but no inner cell structure hence have nothing to freeze this time round :(

still in my 2ww, If my fresh transfer fails i’ll have to start a fresh cycle again
This is my first fresh cycle and the doc say my blastocyst is good quality grade B. But it just didn’t work... sigh. I dunno isit cos I had a super bad diarhea after the transfer and it came out or what. But it’s all fated.

I think it also depends on yr age.. but if me I would try the FET for the last embryo before embarking on fresh again. You may not know but maybe the embryo may stick!
Getting into fresh cycle to me at least need 1-3 months of preparation in order to achieve better quality egg too.! So if me I will try FET if realli fails take a break and slowly built up quality eggs

So sorry to hear abt this and do take care and stay positive! For me, both my FETs in oct 2020 and now were grade c blasts and they have successfully implanted.. although it remains to be seen if they will continue to be healthy and grow to full term as first FET ended in MC.. but personally, I feel that FET is less invasive and less expensive so why not use up ur blasts first before trying another fresh cycle?

But ultimately, the choice is yours and do discuss with your doc and hub to make the decision together! Hope u will get good news next cycle!! All the best!
Hey babe thanks for the advice.. I’m worried it doesn’t survive thawing.. I heard FET also need to inject etc and quite a long process.. not just wait till ovulation then transfer right?

I think it also depends on yr age.. but if me I would try the FET for the last embryo before embarking on fresh again. You may not know but maybe the embryo may stick!
Getting into fresh cycle to me at least need 1-3 months of preparation in order to achieve better quality egg too.! So if me I will try FET if realli fails take a break and slowly built up quality eggs
How do u build egg quality I read online there’s nothing we can do with quality...

When is your BT?

How do u build egg quality I read online there’s nothing we can do with quality...
Did you take any supplements? U can try take in Coq10, healthier diet eat more greens, avocado etc, and acupuncture plus healthier lifestyle like sleep earlier.
I see improvement on my second fresh cycle after I took supplements and change my diet abit and also did regular acupuncture for 2-3 months.

All the best to you! I was in the same situation last year. Try not to think so much and enjoy your 2ww Jia you!

N
Did you take any supplements? U can try take in Coq10, healthier diet eat more greens, avocado etc, and acupuncture plus healthier lifestyle like sleep earlier.
I see improvement on my second fresh cycle after I took supplements and change my diet abit and also did regular acupuncture for 2-3 months.
No I didn’t take any.. coq10 from which brand is better?

btw do you girls share much abt your ivf journey with friends? I don’t really share as i feel those who haven’t been through ivf would probably not know how i feel.. and also don’t want them to keep asking for updates. i have a chat group with my closest girl friends and it doesn’t help they keep posting about their babies.. :(

btw do you girls share much abt your ivf journey with friends? I don’t really share as i feel those who haven’t been through ivf would probably not know how i feel.. and also don’t want them to keep asking for updates. i have a chat group with my closest girl friends and it doesn’t help they keep posting about their babies.. :(

as much as i would like to share their joy, i find myself struggling with my own fertility issues to be able to do that

Hi,

If age and time is not ur concern. U can choose to do FET again.

Unfortunately time is not on my side, i may consider preparing my body in top condition next 2 to 3mths, to start fresh cycle, collect as many blasto embryo for embryo pooling.

Ultimately , u can do fresh transfer or frozen transfer without worrying nothing to transfer. And 2nd medisave claims $5k is put into better use as fresh transfer bills $$ are higher.
This is personally what i planned. Let's jiayou!!

Hi,

Unfortunately time is not on my side, i may consider preparing my body in top condition next 2 to 3mths, to start fresh cycle, collect as many blasto embryo for embryo pooling.

Ultimately , u can do fresh transfer or frozen transfer without worrying nothing to transfer. And 2nd medisave claims $5k is put into better use as fresh transfer bills $$ are higher.
Hey babe I did once SO IUI under subsidise and then now the current fresh cycle.. does that mean if I do the 2nd cycle it’s the 3rd round Liao? Means up to 4k only?

Same here, in my close circle only 1 friend was in TTC phase. Now that she also got pregnant few months back, so everyone just talks about babies & pregnancy. Feels left out & now I hardly talk to them as there's no common topic left.
Now I feel good visiting and chatting in this forum :)

Hi,

Hmm I’m turning 33 soon this year.. considered quite old le given that I don’t have first born yet sigh :(

Same here, in my close circle only 1 friend was in TTC phase. Now that she also got pregnant few months back, so everyone just talks about babies & pregnancy. Feels left out & now I hardly talk to them as there's no common topic left.
I didn’t tell anybody I’m doing ivf except for my direct bosses even my colleagues. Yea feel much better talking in this forum with you girls. Is there a chat group for ivf?

I did tell them I’m on ivf but not in detailed cause they won’t understand. The procedure is abit complex for my husband to understand let alone the other ladies who can conceive naturally lol haha

Hey babe I did once SO IUI under subsidise and then now the current fresh cycle.. does that mean if I do the 2nd cycle it’s the 3rd round Liao? Means up to 4k only?

U mean Medisave u use for so-iui? If it is yes is 3rd round for 2nd cycle & Medisave only can use 4k

Totally can understand how you feel. Last year two of my good friends never plan for kids and pregannt. I am very happy for them but yet I jus don understand why it’s so difficult for me. Then I broke down uncontrollably. Thereafter I feel more come to terms with the situation and now less affected... jus let your emotion out and it’s very natural to feel this way

Oh she only say take cooq10 but never say which brand.. I shall ask her what’s the reason of my failed ivf. You still have one FET embryo right? Are you going for it next?
For my 1st fresh failed cycle, doc said everything was good so reason could be my age as am 40.

Last cycle she gave me only folic acid. After googling & going thru this forum, I started using Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold & Coq10. I informed her about all supplements am taking and she said they are fine, just increase coq10 dose.

I don't have any embryo from last cycle, so will have to do everything again :(
Next cycle am doing under Dr.Tan from Alpha as there's long wait in KKH for next IVF slot.

Hi,

I did not let my close family know I m going thru this ivf treatment. Its between my hubby & I, Our fertility matter/problem. I find this is a tough journey & those not going thru this wouldn't understand.

Previously, I did 1 so-iui & hubby family keep asking. I find it sad to announce it's a negative therefore this ivf I warned hubby to keep quiet.

And my close friend who did iui last yr too. Didn't elaborate much on her iui journey. There is no one to share ivf information with me.

I only learned ivf information from this forum, Google & youtube. I find this is a good platform.

Hi,

Yah I think so. I also did 1 so-iui and 1 fresh cycle ivf. So 2nd fresh ivf will be 3rd medisave claim = 4k.

For my 1st fresh failed cycle, doc said everything was good so reason could be my age as am 40.

Last cycle she gave me only folic acid. After googling & going thru this forum, I started using Blackmores Conceive Well™ Gold & Coq10. I informed her about all supplements am taking and she said they are fine, just increase coq10 dose.

I don't have any embryo from last cycle, so will have to do everything again :(
Next cycle am doing under Dr.Tan from Alpha as there's long wait in KKH for next IVF slot.
how long was the wait for IVF slot?

wah we wasted on our SOIUI sigh.. then subsequent, 3rd fresh no more subsidise anymore?

Hi,

3rd fresh cycle also $4k provided u didnt exceed the $15k per lifetime per couple for fertility treatment.
U can do the financial counselling with the nurses to double check.

I am with kkh... ok tml I shall ask more...
just generally want to know for medicated FEt ladies when did you all did the ET

I think the day is not impt. As long as your body is primed for the transfer, it is all that matters. I haven't been through medicated FET. Only 2 natural FETs. The second FET was threatened to be cancelled because my follicles didn't grow much from cycle day 8 to day 19. At day 19, one follicle on the left was only 10.5mm and the one on the right was 11.5mm. And suddenly on day 21, my LH surged with my ovulation test strip turning positive and the follicle on the left was fat and juicy-looking at 20mm. Then I was scheduled to do my transfer 5 days later.

That said, I think some hospital and clinics do use the cycle days as a guide since they cannot wait forever for ovulation to occur. Some decisions have to be made.

I went to her for review meet in April end and that time they gave me August slot. I heard due to some renovation in NUH lots of cases got transferred to KKH. May be that's why the delay.
what... thats long.. do u think i can book fresh in aug first then do FET mid way??

Hello girls my menses came but it’s super painful and have waves of pain (eg: not pain, super pain, not pain, super pain).. then it have alot of clots and those clots when you see it’s whitish inside if you try to disintegrate it.. are those the remains of the progesterone gel? Cos it’s really a lot that came out.. anybody experience this before?

Hello girls my menses came but it’s super painful and have waves of pain (eg: not pain, super pain, not pain, super pain).. then it have alot of clots and those clots when you see it’s whitish inside if you try to disintegrate it.. are those the remains of the progesterone gel? Cos it’s really a lot that came out.. anybody experience this before?
Ya its normal to have heavier and painful menses. And yes the whitish stuff is crinone

Back