IVF/ICSI Support Group

Babydustpls

I'm very lucky that I had 1 blast that made it. Because the rest of my embryos didn't make the cut.

Besides luck, age and prep does make a difference too. The younger you are, the easier it'll be, both for the guy and the girl. To anyone who'd listen, I'd say, don't wait, just go for it already. And when you do, let go of other concerns like work etc. If you are going to blow $15k - $20k on this, at least give it your best. I regretted not taking leave and stressing myself up like crazy the first time. So this time, I just took leave as needed.

Prep wise, this time my doc put me on Coq10 to improve my eggs quality due to my age. DH made sure he was rested and refrained from drinking. I ate 4 eggs (just the whites) every day until I wanted to puke just from seeing eggs. It seemed to have helped, since 3 blasts made it to freezing (as opposed to none the last time).

But the real test is whether it sticks, right? That, I can only tell you after my 2WW!
How old were you when you did your first fresh?

Azasha

Hi Potatolover18!!

Hi Azasha,
Thanks for the comprehensive sharing!
i’ve cut out cold and sugary drinks a long time ago (teenager as i have very bad menstrual cramps, was diagnosed with endometriosis later), and don’t regret that since i have no cravings for them now, apart from bubble tea once a blue moon. I’m also not a coffee drinker and seldom drink tea.

Same here! I do crave them once a while. No problem to indulge it them once a while.. hehe

most of the time u took warm plain water than room temperature water? For the hot soya milk did you get from places like Mr bean, jollibee? How abt the red date and ginger tea, do u brew them?

I love warmer plain water than room temp. I tend to feel nausea if I drink room temp unless i squeeze a lemon in it.. Yup i do get from Mr Bean, Jollibean when in malls & those stalls that sells fresh soya milk in markets, shop houses.. The red dates & ginger tea i just drink the 3 in 1 or 2 in 1 packet.. u can brew them too.

For your meals do you cook or eat out more often? it’s hard to find healthy meals as i eat out more often. Can we take pregnancy formula milk given we are not pregnant?

During my TWW, my husband is the one who did the cooking.. like hotpot veggies, egg white omelette, chicken wrap with veggies. If we are outside, we will grab some meal.. but most of the time, i'll do the cooking.. hehe..

Can dear, the Pregnancy milk contains minerals & vitamins needed to prep our body. No harm drinking them.. just adding some nutrients pre conception.. :)

i believe diet is important but not sure whether a couple of months help.

It makes a lot of difference dear! Even a change made in 1 month makes a big difference too! :)

So far i’ve tried 3 rounds of clomid, 1 SO-IUI, which failed. Now in my 2ww 1st ivf cycle, no embryos to freeze.. and i don’t feel pregnant!

When i had my 2nd IVF which succeed, i have no symptoms at all except for a sharp 1 sec poking pain 30mins after the transfer at my womb. Thats all for the whole cycle.. hehe..

lildreams

Hi all

did you all get prescribed with the anti biotic (azithromycin)
after fet? The 4 pills that might causediarrhea?
Just took it after fet today and diarrhoea for 3-4 times already. So worried it will lower the chance of implantation :(

Last edited:

littlemonkies

Hi all

did you all get prescribed with the anti biotic (azithromycin)
after fet? The 4 pills that might causediarrhea?
Just took it after fet today and diarrhoea for 3-4 times already. So worried it will lower the chance of implantation :(
ya, it's to prevent infection I believe.

normal to diarrhoea after it... haha...

Babydustpls

Early thirties. That may have contributed to the success...... How old are you babydustpls?
Im turning 32 soon. I also thought because the problem doesn’t lie with me + I’m still considerably young, I would get lucky on my first try. Little did I know! So many factors to consider. Were you with KKH previously too? Sorry I may have missed out on your earlier replies.

littlemonkies

Im turning 32 soon. I also thought because the problem doesn’t lie with me + I’m still considerably young, I would get lucky on my first try. Little did I know! So many factors to consider. Were you with KKH previously too? Sorry I may have missed out on your earlier replies.
The guy should do his part too. Go for TCM, may improve sperm quality. And should also change lifestyle at least 3 months before the process.

I think it's not uncommon to see peoople not succeeding on first try. So don't give up, you are stillyoung.

I was with KK the first time as a private patient under Dr Sadhana. She's very good but her wait list too long.

For private doc, some of my frienda told me good ones would be Dr Sheila from Raffles, Dr SF Loh from Thomson, Dr Tan HH from Alpha IVF

hopehope

Ya, cause if I am trying IvF again in few months time, don’t know if I should go for the vaccine first or to take a wait and see approach. Just worry that it will affect the results and etc.

The guy should do his part too. Go for TCM, may improve sperm quality. And should also change lifestyle at least 3 months before the process.

I think it's not uncommon to see peoople not succeeding on first try. So don't give up, you are stillyoung.

I was with KK the first time as a private patient under Dr Sadhana. She's very good but her wait list too long.

For private doc, some of my frienda told me good ones would be Dr Sheila from Raffles, Dr SF Loh from Thomson, Dr Tan HH from Alpha IVF
Hey girl I’m under dr sadhana also I like her too! but I failed my first fresh sigh... and I’m turning 33 this year, really scared to fail again next cycle.

31 eggs. 23 usable eggs. But only 5 fertilised due to sperm quality issues. Thankfully, at least have 3 freezeable blasts.
How do you know the low fertilisation rate is due to sperm quality issues? I thought by default, doctors love to blame it on “egg quality”. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just the skill of the embryologist(s) / lab condition cause always thought that fertilisation rate on mature eggs should be quite high especially for ICSI.

lildreams

How do you know the low fertilisation rate is due to sperm quality issues? I thought by default, doctors love to blame it on “egg quality”. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just the skill of the embryologist(s) / lab condition cause always thought that fertilisation rate on mature eggs should be quite high especially for ICSI.
I tnink it’s both. Second time round fertilisation is better for us after my husband did went for more runs and also took supplements. For us the number of eggs are fixed but for male their sperm will always replenish. So it’s easier for them to improve the quality

lildreams

failed 2 cycles FET with good lining and 5AA grade blast. really dont know what went wrong.
Hugs .... I read article that even doc can’t tell us exact reason why the embryo didn’t implant..some also say this is a luck game :(

by the way did u try acupuncture or eat supplements during retrieval or post ET

Babydustpls

I
Hey girl I’m under dr sadhana also I like her too! but I failed my first fresh sigh... and I’m turning 33 this year, really scared to fail again next cycle.
I feel you babe. I’m equally scared. I think my husband see me cry until like that, he also scared.

When are you scheduled to see her for review? I’m seeing her on 1 Jul. I called KK recently to check on the IVF schedule. They are already fully booked until Aug. just as well, I think it’s worth taking a few months to strengthen my body before I do it again.

littlemonkies

I understand. The weight of all our hopes lie on the success of IVF, because there is no other options available to us. I understand.

If time is ticking, go to private. A lot faster. Don't get discouraged. Nurse your body, and try again. Jiayou!

littlemonkies

The embryologist say ma... haha...

I don't think doctors will specifically blame any particular factor, unless it is quite clear that it was that particular factor that didn't look too good. But they do like to blame age. Haha!

We actually took some time to improve the sperm before we proceeded. That process took up a good 9 months too, aiiiii

Dreamscometrue

I don't think doctors will specifically blame any particular factor, unless it is quite clear that it was that particular factor that didn't look too good. But they do like to blame age. Haha!

We actually took some time to improve the sperm before we proceeded. That process took up a good 9 months too, aiiiii
Which dr are u with now?

I

I feel you babe. I’m equally scared. I think my husband see me cry until like that, he also scared.

When are you scheduled to see her for review? I’m seeing her on 1 Jul. I called KK recently to check on the IVF schedule. They are already fully booked until Aug. just as well, I think it’s worth taking a few months to strengthen my body before I do it again.
Yup going for review on 24 june

olivia86

Hi I'm curious to know about sperm improvement process. What's the success rates of doing that?

littlemonkies

Hi I'm curious to know about sperm improvement process. What's the success rates of doing that?
Hard to say le. It depends on the exact cause of the issues.

For some people, it may be varicose veins and that may require surgery. For some, sperm boosting meds like Clomid can be taken. The doc may also put the guy on certain vitamins designed to improve the sperm count.

if you are lucky, the sperm count can become normal enough for IVF. If not, may have to proceed for ICSI. Some doctors may also recommend extracting the sperms from the testicles directly - but this one may result in immature sperms.

Can't tell you the success rates, as it differs from person to person. Best is to get the guy to see the urologist for professional advice.

Good luck!