IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi everyone.. does anyone ever transfer day 5 slow growing blastocyst with no grading (neither good or poor blast? I just had my transfer this morning at kkh with Dr. Jessie phoon of 2 blast (no grade). I was told that my embryos fertilized well but slow in growing. I got total of 11 ER, 10 fertilized, 7 embryos, 6 blastocysts however they are unable to grade it due to slow growing but able to do the transfer with the chosen ones by doc. They will give me a call in 3-4days time to inform if the balance of 4 blast are growing well and able to be freeze.
All i understand from doc the reason being why they proceed for the tranfer eventho there is no grading due to the lining that unable to wait until day 6 and above. Im only given to continue crinone gel twice a day until my bloodtest in 2 weeks.
Im so curious if anyone here went thru the same situation as mine and should i be disappointed abt the no grade blast being transfered? I've been thinking & worry for no specific reason eversince the transfer this morning.
I'll appreciate replies to this. TIA!
Hey dear, I didn’t have my blastocyst graded too and my embryologist explained that it is not necessary to wait for a grade for blastocyst that they are transferring because it will be continuing it’s growth in the womb anyway. They have to wait for blastocyst to be graded for freezing purposes. My blastocyst was also growing slowly and therefore couldn’t be graded but the embryologist and dr decided to transfer the most beautiful looking blastocyst which implanted and currently growing - about 6-7 weeks now. So don’t worry too much. Every embryos have their pace and after all, grading is just to aid the embryologist and dr in their monitoring of embryos and decision for transfers. All the best !

Hello everyone... im new here.. turning 37 soon..
been ttc for a long time but no success.. have booked an appt in Nov at KKH... thinking of trying ivf straight... any advise what helps to prep the body ?
TIA

If I rem correctly yes. The progynova was started while preparing for FET and continued through pregnancy

Which hospital are you with? I’ve asked Prof what would his plan be for someone with short luteal phase. He said anything above 10days is “normal” so only 1 crinone stick is sufficient (since one would already be taking 3x progyona 2x/day). Seems very conservative to me cause 1 crinone stick is even lower support than when I did SO-IUI at a private hospital. So a bit torn now. Sought second opinion from another doctor for possible change of place and he said “he can give whatever I want” (ironically, that itself doesn’t comfort me!). Not sure whether he said that merely cause I’m Prof’s patient. Appears to have bad blood with Prof.

Can I ask how many cycles did u try before u BFP?
My firstborn was conceived first try under sf Loh but I was 32/33 then... subsequently not so lucky.. after 35 I tried another 2 fresh cycles before I had a bfp. Had a m/c last year.. I think the key is to persevere and eyes on the prize. I upped my dose of ubiquinol and my stimms were changed to menopur which could have produced better eggs. I think egg quality is key..

My firstborn was conceived first try under sf Loh but I was 32/33 then... subsequently not so lucky.. after 35 I tried another 2 fresh cycles before I had a bfp. Had a m/c last year.. I think the key is to persevere and eyes on the prize. I upped my dose of ubiquinol and my stimms were changed to menopur which could have produced better eggs. I think egg quality is key..
Hi! Did you still stick to Dr SF Loh? Wondering what was your dosage of Ubiquinol? I’m taking 400 mg of Ubiquinol per day not sure if I shd take more

Hi! Did you still stick to Dr SF Loh? Wondering what was your dosage of Ubiquinol? I’m taking 400 mg of Ubiquinol per day not sure if I shd take more

yes. I took 600 mg ubiquinol recommended for my age. I was 38 then. I also have pcos , many eggs but the quality is poor . So I think ubiquinol helped to prevent oxidation of the eggs. I took vitamin d3 too as recommended.

hi dear, I continued with the gel despite bleeding during my first IVF and also went for the blood test..
Hi dear, oooo okay. I think i shall continue ba, since the blood test is just tomorrow. But i guess is a fail cycle this time. May i check how long after the first failed cycle can i go for my second fet?

Hi dear, oooo okay. I think i shall continue ba, since the blood test is just tomorrow. But i guess is a fail cycle this time. May i check how long after the first failed cycle can i go for my second fet?
I failed my fet last mth and now already prepping for the next fet

I didn’t check with the clinic, as kkivf is close today. Now the blood flow is getting more and more heavier. Which i think is menses. I think is a fail cycle.

It’s hard to tell, as some do experience bleeding even during pregnancy. Perhaps, still continue with your medications till it’s proven not pregnant.

Which hospital are you with? I’ve asked Prof what would his plan be for someone with short luteal phase. He said anything above 10days is “normal” so only 1 crinone stick is sufficient (since one would already be taking 3x progyona 2x/day). Seems very conservative to me cause 1 crinone stick is even lower support than when I did SO-IUI at a private hospital. So a bit torn now. Sought second opinion from another doctor for possible change of place and he said “he can give whatever I want” (ironically, that itself doesn’t comfort me!). Not sure whether he said that merely cause I’m Prof’s patient. Appears to have bad blood with Prof.
I started with Prof wong at nuh b4 I moved on to pte. I cannot rem how many stick of crinone I was given when I was at nuh

It just happens? Maybe call it destined for those who have embryos splitting into 2? Nevertheless, if you are concerned, putting in 1 will always be the safest and minimises all risks. Esp towards the end of the pregnancy. It’s your call anyway :)
I have heard of people saying putting in two risks the better one not implanting too if the other one is of a lower grade. Not sure how true but food for thought.
Hellos just wanna share what I understand from my doctor.. he said there's no risk of the lower grade embryo causing the higher grade embryo to not implant just that its tiring and challenging for the mummy if both implants and concern is more on babies not carried to full term.

His advise is to put in 1 and if fail can consider 2 next round so I'm gg w one!

Hellos just wanna share what I understand from my doctor.. he said there's no risk of the lower grade embryo causing the higher grade embryo to not implant just that its tiring and challenging for the mummy if both implants and concern is more on babies not carried to full term.

His advise is to put in 1 and if fail can consider 2 next round so I'm gg w one!

That’s reasonable. Our aim is to have a smooth and healthy pregnancy AND giving birth to a strong and healthy baby.

It’s always good to discuss with your doctor or counselors because they are accountable to your well being too.

Last edited:

That’s great to know. Yup, most important is baby can be carried to term so less risk on both mummy and baby. Multiples comes with increased risks and higher chance of preterm laboue.

thanks for sharing.. I was also initially quite concerned because kkh always recommended me to put two embryos but my gynae said this is okay.. she said that it is better to put two because of my age (39)..

thanks for sharing.. I was also initially quite concerned because kkh always recommended me to put two embryos but my gynae said this is okay.. she said that it is better to put two because of my age (39)..
I think they consider a few factors, how many blasts we have and if its our first time.

Happy for you! Jia you for ur twins pregnancy!

Hi ladies!! I wanna share my blog here for those who have asked me what I did for my cycle.. this blog trace back to 2017 when i started from Clomid cycle, IUI, 1st IVF and 2nd IVF.. i wrote detailed experiences that I've gone through. :) from my egg sizes, drugs, prices & procedures like HSG, MMR injections, etcs.. Hope this helps! *Hugs*

Baby dust to all!!

hi ladies, anyone feeling very hot and keep perspirating despite cooling weather during 2ww? my bbt is between 36.7 to 36.8 every morning. today is 11dp4dt and my blood test is on this Friday.. I tested positive last Sunday but it is still very faint positive today. anyone have such experience before?

hi ladies, anyone feeling very hot and keep perspirating despite cooling weather during 2ww? my bbt is between 36.7 to 36.8 every morning. today is 11dp4dt and my blood test is on this Friday.. I tested positive last Sunday but it is still very faint positive today. anyone have such experience before?
Hi dear, i used to get such temperature.. even in a aircon room, i will perspire at times.. guess its the hormone working its way to prepare the body. :)

To those who have experienced both BFN and BFP - Do you experience a difference in using crinone gel during the TWW? Like is it starkly more difficult to insert the stick for the cycle that you get BFP? Cause I read somewhere that the vaginal wall will thicken if you’re pregnant, so it got me thinking if that will also lead to some form of “closing” / “blocking” of foreign object from going in... thus harder for crinone stick to go in? Or no difference?

Back