IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi dear!! Thank you!! I am seeing Dr Liu Shuling.. She has been my Dr since 2017 for Clomid & IUI and now IVF.. I knew my 1st cycle, i didnt really prep my body well with nutrients for the lil one.. so when 2nd cycle, i started adding Pregnancy Milk during my stim day till today and no cold drinks (especially during your stim & transfer period). Although the lil one will not start taking its benefit as of now, but its prepping my body and womb lining with it.

My 1st cycle was an early Blastocyst too but didnt implant.. And the difference i feel with the pregnancy milk is the embryos we have.

Fall in love straight away with my Blastocyst this cycle.

View attachment 724199
A rough photo of the embryos timeline

Also, this cycle I don't bloat or have any issue post ER.. pregnancy milk & no cold water really helps!

Thats wonderful!!! Take it easy and don't stress out.. continue taking in roasted almonds and warm water or red date.. wear socks alright? *Hugs*
Thanks dear! I am with Doc Sadhana for my second IVF cycle and previously with Doc Tan HH who did my first IVF cycle + IUI. I was also better prepared for my second IVF with accupunture and TCM. To be honest, I will be quite disappointed if this IVF did not work out due to Day-4 embryo + early blastocyst. I would definitely prefer to transfer blastocyst but I guess KKH does not do transfer on Sundays (my day 5).

Haha, I duno how to see my embryos grades from the pictures so I will check with the embryologist again when they call me to update me if I got any balance to freeze.

Thanks for sharing the tips and they are helpful! I will check the pregnancy milk out too Good luck with your blood test tomorrow! Sending much love over to you!

Thanks dear! I am with Doc Sadhana for my second IVF cycle and previously with Doc Tan HH who did my first IVF cycle + IUI. I was also better prepared for my second IVF with accupunture and TCM. To be honest, I will be quite disappointed if this IVF did not work out due to Day-4 embryo + early blastocyst. I would definitely prefer to transfer blastocyst but I guess KKH does not do transfer on Sundays (my day 5).

Haha, I duno how to see my embryos grades from the pictures so I will check with the embryologist again when they call me to update me if I got any balance to freeze.

Thanks for sharing the tips and they are helpful! I will check the pregnancy milk out too Good luck with your blood test tomorrow! Sending much love over to you!
Thank u so much dear!!! U can try this milk.. i kinda like it coz it reminds me of primary school powder milk.. lol!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for sharing! What is DM?

Yea I heard about the one embryo splitting into 2 cells too, but not sure if its mostly for ladies with twins genes in their family.

And congrats!

JTS, this was what happened to one of my cycle buddies previously. Ironically, she transferred 2 blast but apparently 1 blast didn’t make it (she had bleeding with blood clots) but the other actually split so still ended with twins. She & her hubs has no twins genes in the family so probably its fated. And yes, raising multiples is very challenging in terms of emotional, physical and financial. You do need a lot of (reliable) support from family. The worries that come with it is also doubled. And there’s sometimes a guilt part whereby you can’t fully bond with your twins if both need your attention at the same time. But I do understand where you are coming from if age is a factor; and wanting to increase your chances by transferring 2. Coz for every failed cycle means you gota restart and precious time is wasted again while your bio-clock is ticking away. So discuss with your spouse, weigh the pros & cons but just be mentally prepared for twins if you do decide to transfer 2 embryos.

Last edited:
Oh dear. I’m not a fan of milk. Are there substitutes?
You can try these

-Leafy vegetables such as spinach
-Soya milk
-Tofu
-Broccoli
-Sesame seeds
-Nuts
-Whole grains

Calcium is very important for the growth of your child's bone & teeth.. Vitamin D or expose to sun is recommended for the calcium absorption.. hope this helps!

JTS, this was what happened to one of my cycle buddies previously. Ironically, she transferred 2 blast but apparently 1 blast didn’t make it (she had bleeding with blood clots) but the other actually split so still ended with twins. She & her hubs has no twins genes in the family so probably its fated. And yes, raising multiples is very challenging in terms of emotional, physical and financial. You do need a lot of (reliable) support from family. The worries that come with it is also doubled. And there’s sometimes a guilt part whereby you can’t fully bond with your twins if both need your attention at the same time. But I do understand where you are coming from if age is a factor; and wanting to increase your chances by transferring 2. Coz for every failed cycle means you gota restart and precious time is wasted again while your bio-clock is ticking away. So discuss with your spouse, weigh the pros & cons but just be mentally prepared for twins if you do decide to transfer 2 embryos.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing!

I have read some ladies with only 1 embryo transfer but split to twins, not sure if that happens all the time or only if its in our genes.
It just happens? Maybe call it destined for those who have embryos splitting into 2? Nevertheless, if you are concerned, putting in 1 will always be the safest and minimises all risks. Esp towards the end of the pregnancy. It’s your call anyway :)
I have heard of people saying putting in two risks the better one not implanting too if the other one is of a lower grade. Not sure how true but food for thought.

It just happens? Maybe call it destined for those who have embryos splitting into 2? Nevertheless, if you are concerned, putting in 1 will always be the safest and minimises all risks. Esp towards the end of the pregnancy. It’s your call anyway :)
I have heard of people saying putting in two risks the better one not implanting too if the other one is of a lower grade. Not sure how true but food for thought.
Thanks for sharing!

Yes dear.. i love the taste.. lol!! Maybe will change to diabetes (DM) friendly ones after my 1st appt with the Dr in 2 weeks.. also they will change my DM drugs too.. And i think i need Aspirin tab during my pregnancy.. will update u ladies on the drugs yaa.. :)

Thank you. I’m having a different brand. I don’t really fancy milk, so I will usually mix with lesser water but maintaining the recommended number of scoops.

Can we still warm our belly during 2ww?

Thank you. I’m having a different brand. I don’t really fancy milk, so I will usually mix with lesser water but maintaining the recommended number of scoops.

Can we still warm our belly during 2ww?
Its still good dear!! :)

After the ET, try not to warm your womb too much directly using the rubber bag. No need to use the rubber bag pack, enough covering it with a comforter or a blanket over your abdomen.. Embryo don't like too hot once they are implanted. Same goes to showering.. luke warm is good.. also, continue wearing thick socks... :) All the best!!!

Last edited:
Its still good dear!! :)

After the ET, try not to warm your womb too much directly using the rubber bag. No need to use the rubber bag pack, enough covering it with a comforter or a blanket over your abdomen.. Embryo don't like too hot once they are implanted. Same goes to showering.. luke warm is good.. also, continue wearing thick socks... :) All the best!!!

Thank you. All the best to you, trust that you’ll have high reading for BT tomorrow.

Thank you. All the best to you, trust that you’ll have high reading for BT tomorrow.
With God's Will!! *praying* currently waiting for the results.. resting in the clinic. if you ladies staying far, stick around the hospital for abt 2hrs or so while waiting for the call from them on your Beta Results.. they might ask u to come back to the clinic to collect your prescription for the next phase in pregnancy journey. I got this tips from one of the sweet members here who shared with me.. wanna go Daiso at Novena but too early.. lol!!!

Hi ladies,

Can anyone see a faint line here? Or is it a evaporation line?

Attachments

• 652DB24B-6CDB-41A1-B85E-242EBDAE1F56.jpeg
    652DB24B-6CDB-41A1-B85E-242EBDAE1F56.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 136
With God's Will!! *praying* currently waiting for the results.. resting in the clinic. if you ladies staying far, stick around the hospital for abt 2hrs or so while waiting for the call from them on your Beta Results.. they might ask u to come back to the clinic to collect your prescription for the next phase in pregnancy journey. I got this tips from one of the sweet members here who shared with me.. wanna go Daiso at Novena but too early.. lol!!!
best of luck babe!

Hi ladies,

Can anyone see a faint line here? Or is it a evaporation line?
Hi dear.. it will be better using a red dye test for early pregnancy test.. for 10dp5dt should be able to capture a line on a red dye.. wishing you the best dear!!

There are different types dear.. there are 6miu, 10miu, 20miu,25miu sensitivity..

The one sold in KKH shop is a 6miu if im not mistaken.. i have a few different types of sensitivity.. Buy cheaper online! You can store alot at your cabinet if you are a POAS addict like me.. lol!!!

✓ My Favourite Choice

Fairhaven BFP - 20miu ✓

Point Of Care - 10miu

HCG Cassette - 10miu ✓

Clear & Simple - 20miu ✓

First Response - 6miu

Clearblue Digital - 25miu ✓

Guardian/Watsons - 25miu

I have tried all of them before.. difference darkness shown. If its too early in pregnancy, those 20miu n above wont capture it.. hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hi dear.. it will be better using a red dye test for early pregnancy test.. for 10dp5dt should be able to capture a line on a red dye.. wishing you the best dear!!

There are different types dear.. there are 6miu, 10miu, 20miu,25miu sensitivity..

The one sold in KKH shop is a 6miu if im not mistaken.. i have a few different types of sensitivity.. But cheaper online! You can store alot at your cabinet if you are a POAS addict like me.. lol!!!

✓ My Favourite Choice

Fairhaven BFP - 20miu ✓

Point Of Care - 10miu

HCG Cassette - 10miu ✓

Clear & Simple - 20miu ✓

First Response - 6miu

Clearblue Digital - 25miu ✓

Guardian/Watsons - 25miu

I have tried all of them before.. difference darkness shown. If its too early in pregnancy, those 20miu n above wont capture it.. hope this helps!
Hi dear, thank you so much, it’s very helpful for me! Will also go buy the red dye one to test.

I will be praying for all the ladies here who are under going IVF, IUI, Clomid to get their miracle rainbow this coming cycle!! Keep it going & stay positive!

IMG_20201020_121046__01.jpg

We gone thru all this just so to get those 2 lines on a pregnancy test.. we are all amazing warriors ladies! Don't let such sad news makes you give up!
IMG_20201020_121116__01.jpg

And we go thru numerous negatives on our pregnancy kit to finally get that positive one day! (I kept the silica gel from the pregnancy kits i used)

Hang in there ladies, have faith in God for He is the best planner. *Hugs & Kisses*

Maybe u have twins?
Nice, congrats!! Maybe you’re carrying twins?
Great news! Congratulations! May be a fast growing baby.
Congrats!
omg congratulations dear!
Congratulations!
Congrats!!
congrats syg!

Thank you ladies for the wishes!!! So i've collected my Folic Acid & Progesterone Tablet for 1 month supply from pharmacy. My scan will be next month, 1st week of Nov 2020. Will update u ladies on the costs and progresses..

Take care ladies!!

hello everyone, checking if anyone has done a long protocol with lucrin starting on CD18 before? if so, is period usually delayed with lucrin jabs, and how long does it usually get delayed for?

Hi everyone.. does anyone ever transfer day 5 slow growing blastocyst with no grading (neither good or poor blast? I just had my transfer this morning at kkh with Dr. Jessie phoon of 2 blast (no grade). I was told that my embryos fertilized well but slow in growing. I got total of 11 ER, 10 fertilized, 7 embryos, 6 blastocysts however they are unable to grade it due to slow growing but able to do the transfer with the chosen ones by doc. They will give me a call in 3-4days time to inform if the balance of 4 blast are growing well and able to be freeze.
All i understand from doc the reason being why they proceed for the tranfer eventho there is no grading due to the lining that unable to wait until day 6 and above. Im only given to continue crinone gel twice a day until my bloodtest in 2 weeks.
Im so curious if anyone here went thru the same situation as mine and should i be disappointed abt the no grade blast being transfered? I've been thinking & worry for no specific reason eversince the transfer this morning.
I'll appreciate replies to this. TIA!

How to have one blast (5-day embryo) and one 4-day embryo from one egg retrieval?
Its just the speed growth of the embryos dear.. early Blastocyst and day 4 egg or known as Morula stage are almost nearing to their transition to the next stage.. after Morula it goes to early Blastocyst then blastocyst.

Hi everyone.. does anyone ever transfer day 5 slow growing blastocyst with no grading (neither good or poor blast? I just had my transfer this morning at kkh with Dr. Jessie phoon of 2 blast (no grade). I was told that my embryos fertilized well but slow in growing. I got total of 11 ER, 10 fertilized, 7 embryos, 6 blastocysts however they are unable to grade it due to slow growing but able to do the transfer with the chosen ones by doc. They will give me a call in 3-4days time to inform if the balance of 4 blast are growing well and able to be freeze.
All i understand from doc the reason being why they proceed for the tranfer eventho there is no grading due to the lining that unable to wait until day 6 and above. Im only given to continue crinone gel twice a day until my bloodtest in 2 weeks.
Im so curious if anyone here went thru the same situation as mine and should i be disappointed abt the no grade blast being transfered? I've been thinking & worry for no specific reason eversince the transfer this morning.
Hi dear, don't worry too much on it ya.. i did read on other ivf pages that blastocyst with grade C or poor grading still have a chance to implant successfully.. is this your 1st cycle dear? Maybe u can ask these to the embryologist when she call you in a few days. U are able to ask them the reasons for the no grading etcs.. for now, relax & keep your feet warm.. Also the womb lining also plays a major part to allow the blastocyst to implant.. from what i understand as long as the embryo has gone to the morula or blastocyst stage, they already completed the complicated process of fertilization.. now is to wait and hope the womb lining able to react and recognize the blastocyst to cause implantation to occur. Other than that, keep yourself hydrated with warm water or red dates alright? All the best!

hello everyone, checking if anyone has done a long protocol with lucrin starting on CD18 before? if so, is period usually delayed with lucrin jabs, and how long does it usually get delayed for?
Hi. I did this protocol. Menses came 14 days after lucrin jab.

I encountered this. To be honest, grading is not exactly important. Even if the doc tells me it's not good grade, I will also not give up the chance of transfer, would you? So meanwhile just hope for the best and hopefully there more blast to be frozen when they call you in a few days time.

Ladies, my Beta HCG is out.. *shocked*

I was looking at the results on Health Hub App coz i couldn't wait.. lol...

At 19dpo, my Beta is :oops:

1117.7 iu/L

Bless God for this gift!!!

Is it normal at 4 weeks 5 days Pregnant??
Hi, can I check where under the health hub app do you find test results? Last time health buddy used to have it but seems no longer available.

Hi dear, don't worry too much on it ya.. i did read on other ivf pages that blastocyst with grade C or poor grading still have a chance to implant successfully.. is this your 1st cycle dear? Maybe u can ask these to the embryologist when she call you in a few days. U are able to ask them the reasons for the no grading etcs.. for now, relax & keep your feet warm.. Also the womb lining also plays a major part to allow the blastocyst to implant.. from what i understand as long as the embryo has gone to the morula or blastocyst stage, they already completed the complicated process of fertilization.. now is to wait and hope the womb lining able to react and recognize the blastocyst to cause implantation to occur. Other than that, keep yourself hydrated with warm water or red dates alright? All the best!
Hi Azasha

Thank u for kind motivation & explaination. This is my 1st fresh cycle.
Hi Azasha

Thank u for yr kind motivation & explaination. This is my 1st fresh cycle. I've asked the embryologist he said this is uncommon and the outcome of balance blast can only be known on d6 or d7 which he will gv me a call to inform how many blast will be able to freeze. Im very disturbed with the word uncommon until i forgot to ask what does he meant by uncommon and why they are able to do the transfer since they are unable to unidentified the quality. I tried to google abt it but mostly were rejected and unable to transfer due to slow growing embryos/ blasts. Guess my case is different and wondering if anyone got similiar situation as mine and im curious how is the progress goes.

Hi Azasha

Hi Azasha

Thank u for yr kind motivation & explaination. This is my 1st fresh cycle. I've asked the embryologist he said this is uncommon and the outcome of balance blast can only be known on d6 or d7 which he will gv me a call to inform how many blast will be able to freeze. Im very disturbed with the word uncommon until i forgot to ask what does he meant by uncommon and why they are able to do the transfer since they are unable to unidentified the quality. I tried to google abt it but mostly were rejected and unable to transfer due to slow growing embryos/ blasts. Guess my case is different and wondering if anyone got similiar situation as mine and im curious how is the progress goes.
Since you are able to do fresh transfer, go give it a chance even no grading or slow growing. I'm also under dr jessie. For my case, also slow growing and no grading at D7. But bcos my progesterone is high, cannot do fresh transfer. The quality of embryo also cannot go through freezing. Hence, the embryo are wasted.

Since you are able to do fresh transfer, go give it a chance even no grading or slow growing. I'm also under dr jessie. For my case, also slow growing and no grading at D7. But bcos my progesterone is high, cannot do fresh transfer. The quality of embryo also cannot go through freezing. Hence, the embryo are wasted.
Im so sorry to hear that.. do you intend to try again? If yes, when?

Hi, can I check where under the health hub app do you find test results? Last time health buddy used to have it but seems no longer available.
Hi dear,

I type Health Hub in google then login via singpass, click the 3 line on the top left and choose

PERSONAL HEALTH

Scroll down then click

LAB RESULTS

There you go! :)

Screenshot_20201022-130111.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-130119.jpg

Hi Azasha

Hi Azasha

Hi dear, don't worry so much!! When i was in my 1st cycle, i knew that my eggs weren't good bcoz i didnt prep my body at all.. and when the transfer day came, my Dr asked me do u want to transfer it or not? Although i had 17 eggs ER and 7 progressed, i just took the chance to have it transferred. My dr didnt tell me the grade or quality of it.. i feel that rather than having it left in the lab with no gurantee if they will make it, i just decide to have it inserted to me. As i guessed, only 1 egg gets to freeze.. the rest didn't make it.. 1st cycle is like a trial dear.. dont get too upset if it didn't work.. :) the next will be better. *Hugs*

Last edited:

Back