IVF/ICSI Support Group

To those who have experienced both BFN and BFP - Do you experience a difference in using crinone gel during the TWW? Like is it starkly more difficult to insert the stick for the cycle that you get BFP? Cause I read somewhere that the vaginal wall will thicken if you’re pregnant, so it got me thinking if that will also lead to some form of “closing” / “blocking” of foreign object from going in... thus harder for crinone stick to go in? Or no difference?
Experience both with crinone gel..
1st cycle, BFN - more brownish/blackish discharges.
2nd cycle, BFP - no such discharges

For both, the insertion was alright.. trick is to get the entrance of our vaginal openings wet. Best way is to pee then wash/clean up with water then lay down and insert it. It will be very smooth.

Our cervix opening or OS will be closed or tighten up once a BFP has been detected with a layer of mucus plug. This is to avoid infections to go up to the womb and mess up the growth of the lil embryos.. even if you perform sexual intercourse unprotected, it wont go through your cervix. But it's advisable to avoid unprotected sex until the Pregnancy is well established.

Our vaginal walls will be swollen as days progress due to more blood flows to that region to provide more oxygen and circulations which some may experience, like a firm or non painful swelling of their labias.. its normal. :)

But the water trick is the safest option to use to insert crinone gel. Do not use any lubricants for the insertion. I find that laying on bed is the easiest method to insert. Also the angle we position when inserting it plays a big part too! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Experience both with crinone gel..
1st cycle, BFN - more brownish/blackish discharges.
2nd cycle, BFP - no such discharges

For both, the insertion was alright.. trick is to get the entrance of our vaginal openings wet. Best way is to pee then wash/clean up with water then lay down and insert it. It will be very smooth.

Our cervix opening or OS will be closed or tighten up once a BFP has been detected with a layer of mucus plug. This is to avoid infections to go up to the womb and mess up the growth of the lil embryos.. even if you perform sexual intercourse unprotected, it wont go through your cervix. But it's advisable to avoid unprotected sex until the Pregnancy is well established.

Our vaginal walls will be swollen as days progress due to more blood flows to that region to provide more oxygen and circulations which some may experience, like a firm or non painful swelling of their labias.. its normal. :)

But the water trick is the safest option to use to insert crinone gel. Do not use any lubricants for the insertion. I find that laying on bed is the easiest method to insert. Also the angle we position when inserting it plays a big part too! Hope this helps!

Interesting! Thanks Azasha!

To those who have experienced both BFN and BFP - Do you experience a difference in using crinone gel during the TWW? Like is it starkly more difficult to insert the stick for the cycle that you get BFP? Cause I read somewhere that the vaginal wall will thicken if you’re pregnant, so it got me thinking if that will also lead to some form of “closing” / “blocking” of foreign object from going in... thus harder for crinone stick to go in? Or no difference?
To be totally honest, no. BFP and BFN are totally the same. In fact, for both, I bled, with even more for BFP.
In addition, I used utrogestan pills which must be inserted using fingers and pushing the pill in so any changes even with the texture of the walls of vagina should be felt.
Plus it is probably too early (we are talking like just days into a pregnancy with the ivf) to encounter such significant changes in a pregnancy. The hormonal increase is not that significant to trigger such major changes yet. Probably later the pregnancy these subtle changes will become more obvious :)

Last edited:
To be totally honest, no. BFP and BFN are totally the same. In fact, for both, I bled, with even more for BFP.
In addition, I used utrogestan pills which must be inserted using fingers and pushing the pill on so any changes even with the texture of the walls of vagina should be felt.
Plus it is probably too early (we are talking like just days into a pregnancy with the ivf) to encounter such significant changes in a pregnancy. The hormonal increase is not that significant to trigger such major changes yet. Probably later the pregnancy these subtle changes will become more obvious :)

Interesting to hear from your perspective too! Thanks Uptheair!

Interesting to hear from your perspective too! Thanks Uptheair!

Indeed. I just had my FET earlier this week. I was keeping track of the presence and non presence of symptoms initially till I realized I could be thinking too much....

1. I was already having symptoms pre FET due to medications.

2. I had cramp, sore breast, nausea, frequent urination on countless BFN cycles in the past.

3. When I had my natural conception 8 years ago, I didn’t have those early BFP symptoms, except on one occasssion when I was very sensitive to smell. The other symptoms only started in Week 5 or 6.

My doctor, nurses and counselor assured me that my embryo is in the safest place right now. How heart warming.

Indeed. I just had my FET earlier this week. I was keeping track of the presence and non presence of symptoms initially till I realized I could be thinking too much....

1. I was already having symptoms pre FET due to medications.

2. I had cramp, sore breast, nausea, frequent urination on countless BFN cycles in the past.

3. When I had my natural conception 8 years ago, I didn’t have those early BFP symptoms, except on one occasssion when I was very sensitive to smell. The other symptoms only started in Week 5 or 6.

My doctor, nurses and counselor assured me that my embryo is in the safest place right now. How heart warming.
Best of luck babe!

I was also having the symptoms due to the medication and although it seems like the symptoms are reducing with continuous faint double line, I think it is better for me to wait for the blood test result to confirm.

It is already a miracle for me to see double line so I am grateful. I believe each pregnancy is a unique journey so everyone of us will encounter different experience and it is also very heartwarming to see virtual friends sharing their advise/encouragement here.

Hang on there ladies and do try to embrace the ttc journey with an open heart. I know it is definitely challenging but at least we know we have friends here who understands our situation and walk together with us

Best of luck babe!

I was also having the symptoms due to the medication and although it seems like the symptoms are reducing with continuous faint double line, I think it is better for me to wait for the blood test result to confirm.

It is already a miracle for me to see double line so I am grateful. I believe each pregnancy is a unique journey so everyone of us will encounter different experience and it is also very heartwarming to see virtual friends sharing their advise/encouragement here.

Hang on there ladies and do try to embrace the ttc journey with an open heart. I know it is definitely challenging but at least we know we have friends here who understands our situation and walk together with us

Thank you.

I read somewhere that it’s common to have faint double line especially for Fresh Transfer cycle due to medications during ER.

Thank you.

I read somewhere that it’s common to have faint double line especially for Fresh Transfer cycle due to medications during ER.
But if its after 11 days from the initial trigger shot, the trigger shot will be out of the system. So the double lines Jux2 saw should be a true positive pregnancy after those days.. KKH gives trigger shot only 1-2 days before ER. Usually 5dp5dt is 12 days post trigger shot. So if check after that day or nearing blood test and gets a strong 2 line, a good indicator of a successful implantation and a start of a gestation journey.. but if in NUH, if not mistaken they will be given HCG on the day of ET as well.. so should count 10-14 days after trigger shot. :)

Last edited:
But if its after 11 days from the initial trigger shot, the trigger shot will be out of the system. So the double lines Jux2 saw should be a true positive pregnancy after those days.. KKH gives trigger shot only 1-2 days before ER. Usually 5dp5dt is 12 days post trigger shot. So if check after that day or nearing blood test and gets a strong 2 line, a good indicator of a successful implantation and a start of a gestation journey.. but if in NUH, if not mistaken they will be given HCG on the day of ET as well.. so should count 10-14 days after trigger shot. :)
Not true as i had false positive even 13 days after trigger for my IUI.. different people handle the HCG trigger differently

Not true as i had false positive even 13 days after trigger for my IUI.. different people handle the HCG trigger differently
That plays a part too. Our system. But usually by 10-14 days should be out of our system.. :) thats what i read and tested on myself for my IUI & 1st IVF.. then again like Cookie8484 mentioned, differs from individual..

Screenshot_20201030-155918.jpg

Last edited:
Hi ladies... I had a chemical pregnancy on 8 September after a low hcg of 53, 10 days post transfer for 2 day 5 blastocysts. Today finally the doctor cleared me for blood test.
May I know when is it advisable to do a transfer again?how many embryo should I transfer the next round ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi ladies... I had a chemical pregnancy on 8 September after a low hcg of 53, 10 days post transfer for 2 day 5 blastocysts. Today finally the doctor cleared me for blood test.
May I know when is it advisable to do a transfer again?how many embryo should I transfer the next round ?
Thanks in advance.
Hi dear... So sorry to hear on the CP.. *Hugs*
It will be advisable to rest for 1 menses cycle before doing the next one. That's what was shared by my Dr last time i had it. Dr will help to advice better on your situation. Meanwhile its good to start prepping your body to receive for the next cycle.. wishing all the best darls!!

Thanks in advance.

Next menses cycle can do next transfer if ur dr approves. Did ur dr say what he think caused the chemical?

Thanks dear! I am with Doc Sadhana for my second IVF cycle and previously with Doc Tan HH who did my first IVF cycle + IUI. I was also better prepared for my second IVF with accupunture and TCM. To be honest, I will be quite disappointed if this IVF did not work out due to Day-4 embryo + early blastocyst. I would definitely prefer to transfer blastocyst but I guess KKH does not do transfer on Sundays (my day 5).

Haha, I duno how to see my embryos grades from the pictures so I will check with the embryologist again when they call me to update me if I got any balance to freeze.

Thanks for sharing the tips and they are helpful! I will check the pregnancy milk out too Good luck with your blood test tomorrow! Sending much love over to you!
Hello Jux2...
Similar situation here w kkh also did my transfer on Day4... no grading.. Lol.
All the best to us!

Next menses cycle can do next transfer if ur dr approves. Did ur dr say what he think caused the chemical?
He didn’t mention anything about it.. but he said it’s very common in all pregnancies not only IVF. So he asked me to rest first den when I’m ready I can see him again.

Does anyone feel like ivf will never work.. (even tho now is going thru ivf..)
I did feel disheartened after repeated failures and 1 mc with twins.. I still miss them till now..
But I told myself as long as I continue to try, there's hope. Alas I striked on my 6th transfer and have a beautiful girl now.
Failed my 7th transfer for 2nd baby.. so now also abit sian.. Alot of $$ and time involved.. but will try again soon.

How many rounds have u tried?

I did feel disheartened after repeated failures and 1 mc with twins.. I still miss them till now..
But I told myself as long as I continue to try, there's hope. Alas I striked on my 6th transfer and have a beautiful girl now.
Failed my 7th transfer for 2nd baby.. so now also abit sian.. Alot of $$ and time involved.. but will try again soon.

How many rounds have u tried?
Im going on my 2nd transfer.. who is ur doctor?

Does anyone feel like ivf will never work.. (even tho now is going thru ivf..)

Yes, at one point of time I was really disheartened and felt that it doesn’t work. The mental and emotional stress is a lot more overwhelming than the jabs itself.

At the end of the day, it’s really your mindset (read: metal perseverance). And as long as you have tried your best e.g. exhausting all sorts of ways be it TCM, prayers, endo scratching, seeking alternate treatment etc., ultimately the rest is up to the one up there. No matter the outcome for every cycle, give yourself a pat on the back as it’s not an easy journey and only sisters who have been through it will fully understand. Hugs. Don’t give up, at least for now since it’s your 2nd cycle. All the best!

Hi ladies, any idea if you can get HL during ur 1st trimester? Im currently 6 weeks plus but started nausea & vomiting with dizziness.. will be going for a scan this Wednesday.. really keen to rest n less movement.. o_O

Hi ladies, any idea if you can get HL during ur 1st trimester? Im currently 6 weeks plus but started nausea & vomiting with dizziness.. will be going for a scan this Wednesday.. really keen to rest n less movement.. o_O

Do check with your doctor. But most importantly, try to figure out what type of food/ fluids works for you - ginger tea, crackers etc. Eat small meals throughout the day and stay hydrated!

Do you have have symptoms during 2ww? I’m in my 2ww...with occasional cramps, nausea and fuller breast. I’m refraining myself from testing ahead of my blood test.

Hi ladies, I have done my failed first ivf cycle (FET) in April 2020 at govt hospital. Met up w the Dr in Jul to see doctor for review and advice before I start my 2nd cycle. Done my 2nd cycle in Sep and Dr advised to do FET transfer instead. Hence, met the Dr in Nov to sign the consent forms. The nurses arranged for my upcoming FET in Nov/Dec depending on the availability slot.

In total, I have waited for about 7 to 8 months for another transfer frm my failed transfer. The waiting time is really killing and frustrating. I was thinking to change to private govt/clinic if this FET failed ("touch wood").

Am wondering if anyone has the same waiting time as me? Any private ivf gynae to recommend?

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I have done my failed first ivf cycle (FET) in April 2020 at govt hospital. Met up w the Dr in Jul to see doctor for review and advice before I start my 2nd cycle. Done my 2nd cycle in Sep and Dr advised to do FET transfer instead. Hence, met the Dr in Nov to sign the consent forms. The nurses arranged for my upcoming FET in Nov/Dec depending on the availability slot.

In total, I have waited for about 7 to 8 months for another transfer frm my failed transfer. The waiting time is really killing and frustrating. I was thinking to change to private govt/clinic if this FET failed ("touch wood").

Am wondering if anyone has the same waiting time as me? Any private ivf gynae to recommend?

U mean private like thomson/ raffles? Those only can use medisave only, dun hv govt co funding, waiting is faster, can start immediately no need to wait.

For govt hospital be it subsidies or private still hv to wait, no different at all

U mean private like thomson/ raffles? Those only can use medisave only, dun hv govt co funding, waiting is faster, can start immediately no need to wait.

For govt hospital be it subsidies or private still hv to wait, no different at all
I guess the waiting time in private hospital is not so long as govt hospital? Yup, understand the cost will be higher in private hospital. Am looking at virtus fertility (Dr Roland) or Mount E (Dr Ann Tan).

May I ask which hospital you are with?

I guess the waiting time in private hospital is not so long as govt hospital? Yup, understand the cost will be higher in private hospital. Am looking at virtus fertility (Dr Roland) or Mount E (Dr Ann Tan).
I did my first FET at TFC in Sep 2020 and it was unsuccessful. BT done on 30 Sep and AF came on 1 oct after I stopped the medications. Went for failed cycle review with doc on 2 oct and started on my preparation for the 2nd FET immd as I felt there will not be much difference to rest and wait for another few more AF cycles and the doc was ok with it too. Managed to do my 2nd transfer on 22 oct. hence there was not much waiting time needed for FET at TFC after a failed cycle if you have enough frozen and your womb lining is ok

I did my first FET at TFC in Sep 2020 and it was unsuccessful. BT done on 30 Sep and AF came on 1 oct after I stopped the medications. Went for failed cycle review with doc on 2 oct and started on my preparation for the 2nd FET immd as I felt there will not be much difference to rest and wait for another few more AF cycles and the doc was ok with it too. Managed to do my 2nd transfer on 22 oct. hence there was not much waiting time needed for FET at TFC after a failed cycle if you have enough frozen and your womb lining is ok
I see! Which Dr? All the best for your 2nd transfer!! How much you have paid for the ivf?

May I know your age? I'm 39. 1st cycle in aug. No transfer. 2nd cycle in oct. FET going to be in Dec. I guess bcos of my age so doc didnt let me wait too long.

Back