IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks for all the encourage. yesterday I having stomach uncomfortable and diarrhoea two time maybe is the antibiotics make me feel uncomfortable today second day of Et much better.

Hi today is my day 5 ET and having bleeding discharge and I call ivf centre about bleeding and nurses said is too early for them to do anything and what I can do is continue to take my medication. Sad I think I am failure again don’t have a chance to test at home to wait for 9 days

Hi today is my day 5 ET and having bleeding discharge and I call ivf centre about bleeding and nurses said is too early for them to do anything and what I can do is continue to take my medication. Sad I think I am failure again don’t have a chance to test at home to wait for 9 days
Sometimes can be implantation bleeding. Your embryo is a day what embryo?

I am doing FET last Thursday and I only have 1 embryo left will need to restart if I want to try.
I mean the embryo u transferred is a day 3 or day 5? If day 5, then u can probably test 8-9 days post transfer.

Even if left 1 embryo also can transfer, who knows it could be your golden embryo

Hi! Today is my 8th day after FET embryo transfer (5 day blastocyst), I went back to the hospital for blood test today to confirm if the pregnancy is negative or positive. The nurse told me the pregnancy outcome is faint positive so they prescribed another week of medication and told me to return next week for the blood test. Anyone has similar experience before?

Could be implementation bleeding? Btw, the ivf Centre scheduled u 14 days later for the blood test?

Saw that you're sharing alot of infor regarding PGS. Are u from healthcare faculty? Or personally tried PGS?

False positives during PGS / PGT-A may arise because of mosaic embryos that contain a mixture of genetically abnormal and normal cells. There have been many reports that these mosaic embryos can give rise to normal healthy births. So the cumulative chance of success may not increase by PGS / PGT-A and may even decrease by excluding "mosaic" embryos, that could have developed into a healthy normal baby. As seen in the attached diagram of a blastocyst stage embryo, the ICM gives rise to the embryo, while the TE gives rise to the placenta and yolk sac. Testing a few cells from the TE only gives you a probability about what's going on in the ICM. An embryo with abnormal (aneuploid) TE but normal ICM most likely will still make a healthy baby.

Attachments

• 96390591_10158172793240218_4673627435474878464_o.jpg
    96390591_10158172793240218_4673627435474878464_o.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 132
Could be implementation bleeding? Btw, the ivf Centre scheduled u 14 days later for the blood test?
Yup my blood test will be on 14 may. I also hope that is implantation bleeding but my bleeding still on and off sometimes was heavy sometimes light and is not like normal menses that I have and colour that came was sometimes very dark red brown sticky sometimes watery or even black. Is make me crazy. And yesterday I try to test my own was BFN. Hope that I am test too early . This is my first Time for FET.

Yup my blood test will be on 14 may. I also hope that is implantation bleeding but my bleeding still on and off sometimes was heavy sometimes light and is not like normal menses that I have and colour that came was sometimes very dark red brown sticky sometimes watery or even black. Is make me crazy. And yesterday I try to test my own was BFN. Hope that I am test too early . This is my first Time for FET.

This is my 2nd FET, tested home pregnancy kit on day 11 after transfer and it was negative. However, my blood test was weak positive on day 8 after transfer. The nurse did mentioned that is too early to test for home pregnancy. Don't give up!

This is my 2nd FET, tested home pregnancy kit on day 11 after transfer and it was negative. However, my blood test was weak positive on day 8 after transfer. The nurse did mentioned that is too early to test for home pregnancy. Don't give up!
Ok thanks for the info and baby dust out to all.

Hi! Today is my 8th day after FET embryo transfer (5 day blastocyst), I went back to the hospital for blood test today to confirm if the pregnancy is negative or positive. The nurse told me the pregnancy outcome is faint positive so they prescribed another week of medication and told me to return next week for the blood test. Anyone has similar experience before?

how come the hospital do blood test for HCg on day 8...? It’s not 14 days after transfer...?

which hospital is this...?

Hi Ladies

Any IVF doctor in KKH to recommend? The clinic provided the below doctors to me:

Dr Sadhana
Dr Jessie Phoon
Dr Jerry Chan
Dr Liu Shu Ling

My doctor is from NUH however they are not taking any ivf cases till dorscon turns yellow.

Hi Ladies

Any IVF doctor in KKH to recommend? The clinic provided the below doctors to me:

Dr Sadhana
Dr Jessie Phoon
Dr Jerry Chan
Dr Liu Shu Ling

My doctor is from NUH however they are not taking any ivf cases till dorscon turns yellow.
I seen Dr Sadhana.. She's nt bad..

I would recommend dr sadhana and dr jessie. Dr sadhana is my current ivf dr. Dr jessie is my gynea for delivering my girl on my second ivf. I woukd say both dr are experienced on ivf. Dr jessie is also experienced in delivery.

Any ladies here write in to moh to seek approval to use frozen fund to help in yr 4th fresh cycle? I have low amh so i wouldnt be able to use my frozen fund in my live.

I am considering for a second child as i had failed my last (3rd) fresh ivf in feb.

Would like to have an example to refer to if can from any experienced ladies here to share their encounter here or pm me.

Thank you.

Any ladies here write in to moh to seek approval to use frozen fund to help in yr 4th fresh cycle? I have low amh so i wouldnt be able to use my frozen fund in my live.

I am considering for a second child as i had failed my last (3rd) fresh ivf in feb.

Would like to have an example to refer to if can from any experienced ladies here to share their encounter here or pm me.

Thank you.
Hmm, how much is the govt fund for FET? I didn't thought of writing in cos I feel likely will be rejected.. haha.. Let us know if you succeeded in the appeal.

I did my 4th and 5th fresh with pte and had to use all cash.. not a rich person.. all hard earned savings

Hi ladies..

i just went for my review today after my first failed cycle.. I’m with KKH - Dr Jerry Chan...

I don’t know why but he is quite persistent for me to go for my second cycle soon.. I just dont have faith in him anymore coz he is very quiet and didn’t give me much details about why i’m on certain medications and not others.. When i asked about my egg quality he was just very vague and said well it was good, hence it fertilized... My first cycle I only had 2 eggs retrieved out of 2 follicles and only one matured and fertilitzed by ICSI...

I told him i’m considering but not so soon coz honestly I’m quite scared of failing again and he kept telling me I’m having low eggs reserved and I shouldn’t wait and to me it’s pretty demoralizing..

I just felt that they want me to use up the government funding..

i dont know.. what should i do...?

Hi ladies..

i just went for my review today after my first failed cycle.. I’m with KKH - Dr Jerry Chan...

I don’t know why but he is quite persistent for me to go for my second cycle soon.. I just dont have faith in him anymore coz he is very quiet and didn’t give me much details about why i’m on certain medications and not others.. When i asked about my egg quality he was just very vague and said well it was good, hence it fertilized... My first cycle I only had 2 eggs retrieved out of 2 follicles and only one matured and fertilitzed by ICSI...

I told him i’m considering but not so soon coz honestly I’m quite scared of failing again and he kept telling me I’m having low eggs reserved and I shouldn’t wait and to me it’s pretty demoralizing..

What's your amh level? Does it show u have low reserve? If yes then have to accept the fact that the number of follicles and hence no. Of eggs retrieve will be low. So here we are looking at quality vs quantity.

What was your meds dosage like?

He's right in a way that if your egg reserve is low, you shouldn't wait too long. However sufficient rest is also needed for ur body to rest. Usually would say about after 2-3 cycles of period

What's your amh level? Does it show u have low reserve? If yes then have to accept the fact that the number of follicles and hence no. Of eggs retrieve will be low. So here we are looking at quality vs quantity.

What was your meds dosage like?

He's right in a way that if your egg reserve is low, you shouldn't wait too long. However sufficient rest is also needed for ur body to rest. Usually would say about after 2-3 cycles of period

haiz.. i dont know what’s my amh level coz the doctor didnt tell me anything..

i was on letrozole.. then one jab of Olgalutran for 5-6 days..Puregon 900 (450 each day) + 100 on last day.. Then the trigger jab.. that’s all.. so far I haven’t seen anyone on same medication as me..

haiz.. i dont know what’s my amh level coz the doctor didnt tell me anything..

i was on letrozole.. then one jab of Olgalutran for 5-6 days..Puregon 900 (450 each day) + 100 on last day.. Then the trigger jab.. that’s all.. so far I haven’t seen anyone on same medication as me..
Actually why don’t you ask him during your consultation and clarify all your queries if you feel apprehensive about him or his prescribed treatment? He should have reviewed your amh levels with your prior to your ivf treatment, could he have missed it or you have forgotten?

As for the protocol, i think no two patients would have exactly the same dosage and duration, it all depends on how your ovaries react to produce the follicles and the doctors will adjust accordingly. All your medications are commonly used for ivf so there is probably no cause for worry about the types :) As for egg quality, it all depends also on what the embryologist writes in the report for him to explain whether it is good or bad (that was what happened to mine at least) or perhaps, there was really not that much to infer from 2 eggs.

If you don’t feel good and confident with your current doctor, I would suggest that your get clarifications or just seek an alternative opinion otherwise without faith in your doctor, you will always be second guessing if his diagnosis is right or not.

Hello all
I’m with Dr.SF Loh in TFC. ER back in March and went for freeze all cycle (6 Embies with ICSI) as doctor found I may have OHSS. Did my FET (two Day2 good embryos) on 06May and my OTD is coming Thursday 21 May .Did home test today 13DP2DT and it’s a BFN. :( Am I out ?
My first time and so depressing .
Should I still consider beta?
Any advice?

Hello all
I’m with Dr.SF Loh in TFC. ER back in March and went for freeze all cycle (6 Embies with ICSI) as doctor found I may have OHSS. Did my FET (two Day2 good embryos) on 06May and my OTD is coming Thursday 21 May .Did home test today 13DP2DT and it’s a BFN. :( Am I out ?
My first time and so depressing .
Should I still consider beta?
Any advice?
Yup u still need to go for the blood test to confirm results

Hi ladies..

Hi, after my first failed ivf in feb 2018, i started my next cycle (long protocol) in 2 months time after i failed. My dr is dr sadhana. My first ivf short protocol also 2 eggs retrieved and 1 fertilised, transferred at d2. I am low amh too. I got my girl from my second ivf cycle d2 embryo. Actually it depend on yr comfort level.

Sure...thanks for giving me the confidence.. well the verdict is in another 20hrs. :)
As expected mine failed with Beta being -1 and the nurse say stop all medications and wait for AF in next 4-5 days.
I have a review scheduled with Dr.Loh next Tuesday. Any suggestions what should I ask him? Im completely divested now and blank. any suggestions would help.
Also I have 4 more frosties. should I continue with the next cycle ? or better to wait for another mensus to pass?

As expected mine failed with Beta being -1 and the nurse say stop all medications and wait for AF in next 4-5 days.
I have a review scheduled with Dr.Loh next Tuesday. Any suggestions what should I ask him? Im completely divested now and blank. any suggestions would help.
Also I have 4 more frosties. should I continue with the next cycle ? or better to wait for another mensus to pass?

Actually if your’s was an FET, there really isn’t much you can change beyond that because embryo quality and stuff all determined but given Dr Loh’s style, he may ask you to go for a intralipid drip the next round, if you did not do it this time or he may suggest thawing all embryos and go for D5 transfer since you have 4 left. That probably means you will have none left after the next cycle.

If you wish to go immediately next cycle, I doubt he will stop you since this round was FET. Probably depends on the current covid situation and whether you are mentally ready or not.

Actually if your’s was an FET, there really isn’t much you can change beyond that because embryo quality and stuff all determined but given Dr Loh’s style, he may ask you to go for a intralipid drip the next round, if you did not do it this time or he may suggest thawing all embryos and go for D5 transfer since you have 4 left. That probably means you will have none left after the next cycle.

If you wish to go immediately next cycle, I doubt he will stop you since this round was FET. Probably depends on the current covid situation and whether you are mentally ready or not.
Thanks. Mine was a freeze all in march and FET in May. They never tell us about the embryo quality. Last time before thawing, when i asked the grade of Embryo, the embryologist say they pick the best. should i ask them about the embryo quality?
also may i know What is intralipid drip?

Thanks. Mine was a freeze all in march and FET in May. They never tell us about the embryo quality. Last time before thawing, when i asked the grade of Embryo, the embryologist say they pick the best. should i ask them about the embryo quality?
also may i know What is intralipid drip?
You can ask about embryo quality if you wish to but in my opinion actually it doesn’t help much unless you are going for another cycle of stimms & ER then maybe you have a chance if improving quality but since you have 4 left, there is no need to redo the cycle. Knowing the quality probably just makes you more stressed so usually they don’t really say.

Intralipid drip is said to decrease the immune system and hence increase odds and receptivity of uterus to embryo implantation. Whether true or not, works or not is subjective. I have done intralipid on cycles which don’t work as well. You can google about it. At the end of the day, ivf does boil down to a lot on luck.

Hi
My first FET cycle failed too. Are you planning to do again next next cycle ? Your menses should be coming in a few days time and wait for the next menses to start a new cycle. Let your uterus recover first. I think that’s what the dr usually suggest. I’m waiting for my menses to start a new cycle. But I’m not sure if the clinic allow.

Urs is Dr SF Loh? I think his style is transfer day 2 embryo? So grading wise I'm not so sure for day 2 embryos

Anyways, I usually will rest about 2 cycles at least b4 the next transfer.

With 4 frosties, there's no need to start another new fresh cycle. Rest well and all the best!!

I saw somewhere say after 19th may can start all ivf procedure.

Anyway I got a call from my clinic saying can resume FET. Hope all ladies here waiting to start can start soon!!
Does it mean if my menses come now, they can start me on meds again ? May I know which clinic is that? Mine is at mount E

I saw somewhere say after 19th may can start all ivf procedure.

Anyway I got a call from my clinic saying can resume FET. Hope all ladies here waiting to start can start soon!!
Nurse at TFC say , as per new regulations TFC starts to accept all new treatments henceforth. Not sure of Govt clinics

Hi
My first FET cycle failed too. Are you planning to do again next next cycle ? Your menses should be coming in a few days time and wait for the next menses to start a new cycle. Let your uterus recover first. I think that’s what the dr usually suggest. I’m waiting for my menses to start a new cycle. But I’m not sure if the clinic allow.
Hi
i meant, i have 4 more frozen. not sure i do another FET when my next AF which will start in next 4-5 days, or leave this AF and put them on the cycle that follows.

Urs is Dr SF Loh? I think his style is transfer day 2 embryo? So grading wise I'm not so sure for day 2 embryos

Anyways, I usually will rest about 2 cycles at least b4 the next transfer.

With 4 frosties, there's no need to start another new fresh cycle. Rest well and all the best!!
Yes. with Dr.Loh. Im meeting him next tuesday.
May i know if you are trying for first baby?

Hi
i meant, i have 4 more frozen. not sure i do another FET when my next AF which will start in next 4-5 days, or leave this AF and put them on the cycle that follows.
If you can wait, it will be good to skip this cycle to purge out all the hormones, letting your body go back to norm. You’ll be back on lots of hormonal medications again the next FET and continued if you succeed, so it’s good to take a break actually :)

If you can wait, it will be good to skip this cycle to purge out all the hormones, letting your body go back to norm. You’ll be back on lots of hormonal medications again the next FET and continued if you succeed, so it’s good to take a break actually :)
Sure. Thank you.. ye will mostly rest this AF and try for natural . DH also upset and sad. :)

Back