IVF/ICSI Support Group

Baobao9181

Hi ladies..

i just went for my review today after my first failed cycle.. I’m with KKH - Dr Jerry Chan...

I don’t know why but he is quite persistent for me to go for my second cycle soon.. I just dont have faith in him anymore coz he is very quiet and didn’t give me much details about why i’m on certain medications and not others.. When i asked about my egg quality he was just very vague and said well it was good, hence it fertilized... My first cycle I only had 2 eggs retrieved out of 2 follicles and only one matured and fertilitzed by ICSI...

I told him i’m considering but not so soon coz honestly I’m quite scared of failing again and he kept telling me I’m having low eggs reserved and I shouldn’t wait and to me it’s pretty demoralizing..

I just felt that they want me to use up the government funding..

i dont know.. what should i do...?
Hi, after my first failed ivf in feb 2018, i started my next cycle (long protocol) in 2 months time after i failed. My dr is dr sadhana. My first ivf short protocol also 2 eggs retrieved and 1 fertilised, transferred at d2. I am low amh too. I got my girl from my second ivf cycle d2 embryo. Actually it depend on yr comfort level.

Siva6063

Sure...thanks for giving me the confidence.. well the verdict is in another 20hrs. :)
As expected mine failed with Beta being -1 and the nurse say stop all medications and wait for AF in next 4-5 days.
I have a review scheduled with Dr.Loh next Tuesday. Any suggestions what should I ask him? Im completely divested now and blank. any suggestions would help.
Also I have 4 more frosties. should I continue with the next cycle ? or better to wait for another mensus to pass?

Uptheair

As expected mine failed with Beta being -1 and the nurse say stop all medications and wait for AF in next 4-5 days.
I have a review scheduled with Dr.Loh next Tuesday. Any suggestions what should I ask him? Im completely divested now and blank. any suggestions would help.
Also I have 4 more frosties. should I continue with the next cycle ? or better to wait for another mensus to pass?
Actually if your’s was an FET, there really isn’t much you can change beyond that because embryo quality and stuff all determined but given Dr Loh’s style, he may ask you to go for a intralipid drip the next round, if you did not do it this time or he may suggest thawing all embryos and go for D5 transfer since you have 4 left. That probably means you will have none left after the next cycle.

If you wish to go immediately next cycle, I doubt he will stop you since this round was FET. Probably depends on the current covid situation and whether you are mentally ready or not.

Siva6063

Actually if your’s was an FET, there really isn’t much you can change beyond that because embryo quality and stuff all determined but given Dr Loh’s style, he may ask you to go for a intralipid drip the next round, if you did not do it this time or he may suggest thawing all embryos and go for D5 transfer since you have 4 left. That probably means you will have none left after the next cycle.

If you wish to go immediately next cycle, I doubt he will stop you since this round was FET. Probably depends on the current covid situation and whether you are mentally ready or not.
Thanks. Mine was a freeze all in march and FET in May. They never tell us about the embryo quality. Last time before thawing, when i asked the grade of Embryo, the embryologist say they pick the best. should i ask them about the embryo quality?
also may i know What is intralipid drip?

Uptheair

Thanks. Mine was a freeze all in march and FET in May. They never tell us about the embryo quality. Last time before thawing, when i asked the grade of Embryo, the embryologist say they pick the best. should i ask them about the embryo quality?
also may i know What is intralipid drip?
You can ask about embryo quality if you wish to but in my opinion actually it doesn’t help much unless you are going for another cycle of stimms & ER then maybe you have a chance if improving quality but since you have 4 left, there is no need to redo the cycle. Knowing the quality probably just makes you more stressed so usually they don’t really say.

Intralipid drip is said to decrease the immune system and hence increase odds and receptivity of uterus to embryo implantation. Whether true or not, works or not is subjective. I have done intralipid on cycles which don’t work as well. You can google about it. At the end of the day, ivf does boil down to a lot on luck.

Kb92

Hi
My first FET cycle failed too. Are you planning to do again next next cycle ? Your menses should be coming in a few days time and wait for the next menses to start a new cycle. Let your uterus recover first. I think that’s what the dr usually suggest. I’m waiting for my menses to start a new cycle. But I’m not sure if the clinic allow.

Dreamscometrue

Urs is Dr SF Loh? I think his style is transfer day 2 embryo? So grading wise I'm not so sure for day 2 embryos

Anyways, I usually will rest about 2 cycles at least b4 the next transfer.

With 4 frosties, there's no need to start another new fresh cycle. Rest well and all the best!!

Kb92

I saw somewhere say after 19th may can start all ivf procedure.

Anyway I got a call from my clinic saying can resume FET. Hope all ladies here waiting to start can start soon!!
Does it mean if my menses come now, they can start me on meds again ? May I know which clinic is that? Mine is at mount E

Siva6063

I saw somewhere say after 19th may can start all ivf procedure.

Anyway I got a call from my clinic saying can resume FET. Hope all ladies here waiting to start can start soon!!
Nurse at TFC say , as per new regulations TFC starts to accept all new treatments henceforth. Not sure of Govt clinics

Siva6063

Hi
My first FET cycle failed too. Are you planning to do again next next cycle ? Your menses should be coming in a few days time and wait for the next menses to start a new cycle. Let your uterus recover first. I think that’s what the dr usually suggest. I’m waiting for my menses to start a new cycle. But I’m not sure if the clinic allow.
Hi
i meant, i have 4 more frozen. not sure i do another FET when my next AF which will start in next 4-5 days, or leave this AF and put them on the cycle that follows.

Siva6063

Urs is Dr SF Loh? I think his style is transfer day 2 embryo? So grading wise I'm not so sure for day 2 embryos

Anyways, I usually will rest about 2 cycles at least b4 the next transfer.

With 4 frosties, there's no need to start another new fresh cycle. Rest well and all the best!!
Yes. with Dr.Loh. Im meeting him next tuesday.
May i know if you are trying for first baby?

Uptheair

Hi
i meant, i have 4 more frozen. not sure i do another FET when my next AF which will start in next 4-5 days, or leave this AF and put them on the cycle that follows.
If you can wait, it will be good to skip this cycle to purge out all the hormones, letting your body go back to norm. You’ll be back on lots of hormonal medications again the next FET and continued if you succeed, so it’s good to take a break actually :)

Siva6063

If you can wait, it will be good to skip this cycle to purge out all the hormones, letting your body go back to norm. You’ll be back on lots of hormonal medications again the next FET and continued if you succeed, so it’s good to take a break actually :)
Sure. Thank you.. ye will mostly rest this AF and try for natural . DH also upset and sad. :)

Kb92

okay.. we will try natural means this month haha.
you planning FET also? how many little champs you have?
Hi I wanted to try the natural cycle too but my menses is very irregular so the dr suggest to stick to the artificial cycle. Yes I’m waiting for my menses to start FET#2. I have quite a lot more frosties.

Siva6063

Hi I wanted to try the natural cycle too but my menses is very irregular so the dr suggest to stick to the artificial cycle. Yes I’m waiting for my menses to start FET#2. I have quite a lot more frosties.
Okay. Will pray for you. All the best.

Dreamscometrue

Hi
Yup I think should let ur body flush out all the meds b4 u start the next FET.

But if u wanna start soon it's entirely up to u.

Bunny33

Hi ladies..

i just went for my review today after my first failed cycle.. I’m with KKH - Dr Jerry Chan...

I don’t know why but he is quite persistent for me to go for my second cycle soon.. I just dont have faith in him anymore coz he is very quiet and didn’t give me much details about why i’m on certain medications and not others.. When i asked about my egg quality he was just very vague and said well it was good, hence it fertilized... My first cycle I only had 2 eggs retrieved out of 2 follicles and only one matured and fertilitzed by ICSI...

I told him i’m considering but not so soon coz honestly I’m quite scared of failing again and he kept telling me I’m having low eggs reserved and I shouldn’t wait and to me it’s pretty demoralizing..

I just felt that they want me to use up the government funding..

i dont know.. what should i do...?
He is right you shouldn’t wait especially with Low egg reserve. Think of it this way he feels u still have a good to fair chance that’s why encourage u to cycle ASAP. U can build up your body for three months but no longer than that. Govt hospital has stopped most Ivf procedures and only allow patient with condition to do it.

Bunny33

Hello all
I’m with Dr.SF Loh in TFC. ER back in March and went for freeze all cycle (6 Embies with ICSI) as doctor found I may have OHSS. Did my FET (two Day2 good embryos) on 06May and my OTD is coming Thursday 21 May .Did home test today 13DP2DT and it’s a BFN. :( Am I out ?
My first time and so depressing .
Should I still consider beta?
Any advice?
Not everyone succeed on their first try. Many ttc ladies do it a few times. Blood test is the most accurate. You are not out until the blood test result.

Lila_Lala

He is right you shouldn’t wait especially with Low egg reserve. Think of it this way he feels u still have a good to fair chance that’s why encourage u to cycle ASAP. U can build up your body for three months but no longer than that. Govt hospital has stopped most Ivf procedures and only allow patient with condition to do it.
Okies thank u your kind words.. i’ll follow through then.. ♥♥♥

Lila_Lala

Hi, after my first failed ivf in feb 2018, i started my next cycle (long protocol) in 2 months time after i failed. My dr is dr sadhana. My first ivf short protocol also 2 eggs retrieved and 1 fertilised, transferred at d2. I am low amh too. I got my girl from my second ivf cycle d2 embryo. Actually it depend on yr comfort level.
Hi...

I was also thinking of switching to Dr Sandhana coz a few of my friends too got successful withher.. thanks for sharing Baoboa.. ♥

Geraldineteo23

Hi!
I failed a fresh and frozen cycle.

Did retrieval this Mar and now pending for frozen cycle in early June.

might be a bit late to ask now but is there any food or supplements that I should take to better prepare myself for the transfer?
Thanks!

cutiechar

hi all

Im new in this groupchat. I just did my fresh cycle ivf with dr yu from sgh in end March. ended up with severe OHSS but managed to get a bfp. Long story short, I am 8 weeks this week but last scan at 7 weeks, the embryo heartbeat drop to 72. I am expecting a miscarriage soon. Just want to check if I were to do a mini confinement, would it be after I finish bleeding then take the confinement food or I can just take the confinement food while bleeding? thanks!

cloudxy

hi all

Im new in this groupchat. I just did my fresh cycle ivf with dr yu from sgh in end March. ended up with severe OHSS but managed to get a bfp. Long story short, I am 8 weeks this week but last scan at 7 weeks, the embryo heartbeat drop to 72. I am expecting a miscarriage soon. Just want to check if I were to do a mini confinement, would it be after I finish bleeding then take the confinement food or I can just take the confinement food while bleeding? thanks!
I had a evacuation of uterus done a month ago and I immediately started eating the confinement food. Didn't have any issues.

Dreamscometrue

Wanna ask if say 1st pregnancy has spotting, will subsequent preg have too? Or may not have?

My 1st preg I had spotting till week 9 or 10. Now planning 2nd one. But abit hesitant cos LO is only 1.5yo. Not sure if we can manage

Anyone has any thoughts or advise?

risther

My hb sperm morphology is less than 1 percent checked 6 mths ago. Count and density is normal. Is ICSI a better choice for us? Anyone did PICSI at KK and can kindly share ? Thanks so much !

Dreamscometrue

My hb sperm morphology is less than 1 percent checked 6 mths ago. Count and density is normal. Is ICSI a better choice for us? Anyone did PICSI at KK and can kindly share ? Thanks so much !
Not so sure about PICSI, but ICSI is definitely a better choice compared to letting them fertilise by themselves which is risky.

What's your main concern with ICSI?

Bunny33

hi all

Heartbeat dropped don’t mean miscarriage right? Unless your hcg level dropped and scan shows no development for embryos.
To answer your question, do mini confinement after the bleeding. Just make sure inside is clear properly and no remains.