IVF/ICSI Support Group

Bunny33

Wanna ask if say 1st pregnancy has spotting, will subsequent preg have too? Or may not have?

My 1st preg I had spotting till week 9 or 10. Now planning 2nd one. But abit hesitant cos LO is only 1.5yo. Not sure if we can manage

Anyone has any thoughts or advise?
Two to three yrs gap is good. They can still play with each other. As with all siblings expect lots of fighting n quarrelling everyday. Attention definitely divided. It’s difficult when they are young but they grow up to have a bigger family n he or she is not alone with no one to share problem with.

Kb92

I got my AF 4day after I stop progynova and ustrogen...
but I was expecting it to be heavy flow . But to my surprise the flow is less even compared to my normal cycles . But I have bad cramping . Is this normal?
I think it is fine. The dr will check your lining, uterus and everything to make sure it is okay. Don’t worry ok?

Dreamscometrue

Two to three yrs gap is good. They can still play with each other. As with all siblings expect lots of fighting n quarrelling everyday. Attention definitely divided. It’s difficult when they are young but they grow up to have a bigger family n he or she is not alone with no one to share problem with.
Thanks for your reply. My concern now is more with tww, and if luckily can be preg how to tc of the baby

Bunny33

Thanks for your reply. My concern now is more with tww, and if luckily can be preg how to tc of the baby
unless your pregnancy have complications if not u can still carry. By the time u do procedure etc your child will be two yrs old n don’t need to carry so often. Send to childcare too.

Siva6063

Just finished doctor appointment after my first failed FET. He quite surprised mine failed . So ask me next time try to do intralipid infusion . But he ask us to choose ourself when to start next FET.
Any suggestions ? I’m in my last day of my AF after my failed cycle . The flow is not heavy. It was light and lighter than my usual witch .
If everything goes well my next menses will start mid June . Should I consider my next FET mid June or it is better to wait for the one which follows in mid July?

risther

Not so sure about PICSI, but ICSI is definitely a better choice compared to letting them fertilise by themselves which is risky.

What's your main concern with ICSI?
I was told if natural sometimes there is no fertilisation at all and ICSI higher success fertilisation rate but higher birth defects risk too.

If ICSI how do they pick the best sperm for fertilisation? Just by eye ?

Kb92

Just finished doctor appointment after my first failed FET. He quite surprised mine failed . So ask me next time try to do intralipid infusion . But he ask us to choose ourself when to start next FET.
Any suggestions ? I’m in my last day of my AF after my failed cycle . The flow is not heavy. It was light and lighter than my usual witch .
If everything goes well my next menses will start mid June . Should I consider my next FET mid June or it is better to wait for the one which follows in mid July?
Hi dear I think it doesn’t really matter. If you are ready, you should do it when your next menses come. I’m waiting for the menses currently to try again. For my case the dr is not going to do anything different as most probably the embry is flawed although is 5AA grade. Hopefully it works.

Siva6063

Hi dear I think it doesn’t really matter. If you are ready, you should do it when your next menses come. I’m waiting for the menses currently to try again. For my case the dr is not going to do anything different as most probably the embry is flawed although is 5AA grade. Hopefully it works.
Okay . Then may be I tray again mid June . Just worry intralipid.. is it painful?
Wish you get a BFP. Be hopeful and positive .

Uptheair

Okay . Then may be I tray again mid June . Just worry intralipid.. is it painful?
Wish you get a BFP. Be hopeful and positive .
Intralipid is just slightly more painful than a normal jab because administered to your hand (back) vein and needle is thicker but it is not that scary considering the whole IVF process.

Bring a cardigan along, you might need it as it gets a bit cold with the drip going into you overtime. It’s normal :)

Dreamscometrue

I was told if natural sometimes there is no fertilisation at all and ICSI higher success fertilisation rate but higher birth defects risk too.

If ICSI how do they pick the best sperm for fertilisation? Just by eye ?
Yup the risk of zero fertilisation can happen for natural so why take the risk. I think nowadays most ivf are ICSI.

How they choose the sperm I don't know..

Siva6063

Intralipid is just slightly more painful than a normal jab because administered to your hand (back) vein and needle is thicker but it is not that scary considering the whole IVF process.

Bring a cardigan along, you might need it as it gets a bit cold with the drip going into you overtime. It’s normal :)
Sure . How long is the process ?
The clinic also say my husband need to do HIV Test after six months and booked a appointment in September... Donno where all of a sudden this came . Is it normal ?

cloudxy

Sure . How long is the process ?
The clinic also say my husband need to do HIV Test after six months and booked a appointment in September... Donno where all of a sudden this came . Is it normal ?
It's a mandatory test. Even if you have the embryos frozen, once the blood test expires, you'll need to do a new test before you can do any transfer.

Uptheair

Does anyone do acupuncture before ET? Does it help ?
It may or may not help. I would think it depends on individual and maybe some luck? Heard of a lot who succeeded with tcm combined with acupuncture but also did heard loads of stories of failure despite doing acupuncture. My first FET despite meticulously doing acupuncture, still failed. Current tcm physician I am seeing doesn’t believe solely on acupuncture, which she believes will only work if complemented with good health foundation. So I guess even physicians themselves have differing opinion. There is really no one answer.

Kb92

Are u trying for no.1 or no.2?

I did acupuncture b4 a FET got preg, but mc. Another round of FET also did acupuncture but did not succeed. So I think it really depends..
No.2 thank you for the reply
It may or may not help. I would think it depends on individual and maybe some luck? Heard of a lot who succeeded with tcm combined with acupuncture but also did heard loads of stories of failure despite doing acupuncture. My first FET despite meticulously doing acupuncture, still failed. Current tcm physician I am seeing doesn’t believe solely on acupuncture, which she believes will only work if complemented with good health foundation. So I guess even physicians themselves have differing opinion. There is really no one answer.
thank you very much :)

Kb92

Hi I’m planning for FET and my menses started ytd but it is very light until today. I haven’t called the clinic hoping the full flow will come. You guys think I can still proceed with FET ?

Kimchi-ger

Hi can I check after ET at kkh, need to have people around to fetch me? Cos my husband will not be able to go for the ET. So thinking can I go alone?

Siva6063

Hi I’m planning for FET and my menses started ytd but it is very light until today. I haven’t called the clinic hoping the full flow will come. You guys think I can still proceed with FET ?
How did your ET go. I had my ET just once and I had full flow on day 2 .

Kb92

How many embryos you guys put in at a time ? My first FET failed with 1 embryo. We are thinking of putting 2 embryos although dr recommend to put 1

Dreamscometrue

No, it was frozen transfer. I put in 1 only that time.
Oh ok.. did u do any endo scratch b4? After ur 1st baby u did FET and it didn't implant?

I'm planning for FET also. Likely going to transfer 1. Cannot risk having twins. But I'm not sure of the success rate is higher if put in 2. My doc feels the success rate is not much higher with 2 though.

How many frozen embryos do u have left?

Uptheair

How many embryos you guys put in at a time ? My first FET failed with 1 embryo. We are thinking of putting 2 embryos although dr recommend to put 1
Putting 2 in seems like a bigger chance of success but I did read of articles/accounts before that they also may reduce the chances of success. It really depends on embryo quality, uterus receptivity and luck.

Plus, do be mentally and physically prepared for twins or triplets if you put in two. Sounds like something fun but it also means everything is at least x2, the load you carry esp towards the end of the pregnancy, the money spent, the items to purchase, the morning sickness, risk of preterm labour. Of course, the joy is also x2 if all goes well :)

Kb92

Oh ok.. did u do any endo scratch b4? After ur 1st baby u did FET and it didn't implant?

I'm planning for FET also. Likely going to transfer 1. Cannot risk having twins. But I'm not sure of the success rate is higher if put in 2. My doc feels the success rate is not much higher with 2 though.

How many frozen embryos do u have left?
No, I didn’t do any endo scratch or anything else as I’m still young and I don’t have infertility issue. We chose IVF due to Low sperm count. in fact success rate is higher if you put in 2. Anw my FET will be on 16 June if everything goes well.
I still left with 14 embryos

Kb92

Putting 2 in seems like a bigger chance of success but I did read of articles/accounts before that they also may reduce the chances of success. It really depends on embryo quality, uterus receptivity and luck.

Plus, do be mentally and physically prepared for twins or triplets if you put in two. Sounds like something fun but it also means everything is at least x2, the load you carry esp towards the end of the pregnancy, the money spent, the items to purchase, the morning sickness, risk of preterm labour. Of course, the joy is also x2 if all goes well :)
Thank you very much ❤

Dreamscometrue

No, I didn’t do any endo scratch or anything else as I’m still young and I don’t have infertility issue. We chose IVF due to Low sperm count. in fact success rate is higher if you put in 2. Anw my FET will be on 16 June if everything goes well.
Oh wow. If young and can manage twins pregnancy then why not give it a try. All the best

Siva6063

Great the clinic give you the date of FET. May I know which Center is it ?

fairylight1234

hi everyone,

i have a 1 year old girl, conceived through a FET in Aug 2018.

I am planning for a FET for baby number 2 as I have 2 frozen blastocysts left currently at NUH.

May I know if anyone can advise, if there will be any standard tests/ procedures to be run again before I can do the FET? Besides the HIV test.

Any advise greatly appreciated, thanks! =)

Kb92

Does anyone know about the intralipid insfuison? I’m still not sure if I should go for it? Is it one time thing ? Is it painful?

Dreamscometrue

Does anyone know about the intralipid insfuison? I’m still not sure if I should go for it? Is it one time thing ? Is it painful?
Haha it's me again. For some ladies it can be a few sessions before FET, some just once off. Not really painful for me, only when they insert the needle on the back of hand is pain.

Didn't work for me though

Kb92

Haha it's me again. For some ladies it can be a few sessions before FET, some just once off. Not really painful for me, only when they insert the needle on the back of hand is pain.

Didn't work for me though
I see. May be I don’t want then. Just try without it first.